March 29, 2024, 09:56:55 AM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 285024 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Game vs England: We wearing Black!
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2008, 08:59:53 AM »
Touches, hear why i disappointed in you eh..

You manage to take this whole good idea of a silent, entirely non-confrontational public statement by the fans and make it into some kinda fan protest and confrontation that could end up with repercussions. All this talk about security holding you by the door, and the fans getting bite and suffering the consequences.. All this talk about who going and clap for me or care for me, everybody go be inside eh go fart on me outside like a nuisance..

You acting like jack warner on match day going and say, "yuh see de red man by de door in the black jersey? take he photo, take he name and ban him from all future matches". steups..

touches, giwwe ah chance with that shit nuh man.

Nobody eh tell you go and picket outside the stadium in the hot sun and go and fling stone at the TTFF bus. Nobody say go and chant songs of war and battle with security. Whats the big deal in picking the black jersey from outta your closet on game day?

Also, you see this assertion you peddling with regards to the foreign base talking but not willing to come down and act? Now most times i right in agreement with that eh because I tired see that in its full glory..

But i really, really dont see how wearing a black jersey is any skin off a man back foreign based or local based.. Ent is ah free country?! I could only speak for myself, and i dont even feel foreign based since i only buss it a couple months ago. But if i was there, for sure i would wear a black jersey without even a second thought. But i'm guessing thats too much to ask of you to abandon that best arsenal kit you want to coast at the game that might impress the smallie in the white pants.

This is a simple statement of discontent with the TTFF, the way they are running their organization and their treatment of our beloved soca warriors. This is a supporter's initiative end of text. Thats what you can tell the BBC if they stop you outside and ask you. You don't need no one to applaud you. Who knows if the players will even recognize you, appreciate you or give you that coveted high five. This is something personal you are doing as a believer in our players and our football, it have to carry some kinda significance for you and you alone.

Quote from: Touches
I not on no crusade to save any players, I ent want to rescue nobody from behind the bridge, I not fighting for money for nobody
Bigger protest have pass tru TT and gone..Keith Noel dress up how much people in black, lie down all how and what was the outcome
Is to enjoy life and not take on stress...and I not taking on anybody else own.
The ones that supposed to be doing this not doing this.
If them ent looking to help theyself or going about their process in a different way why we have to work up ourselves? Why they have to rely on others who have no nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Alyuh must learn to leave bachac nest alone.

Breds, I will not lie.. Yuh see all dem ting you say there have me lil worried about you.

While i understand your frustration, you must not let these thoughts make you into the kind of person that floats along in life, taking any shit that come there way because you feel you do not have it within you to make a difference. Never deny yourself the power you have as an individual. You need to come better than that.

Touches, that is the 'steups mentality'. That is why people will pay any price for bread, doubles, food and gas instead of making a personal statement of looking for alternatives.. That is why corruption, from the corporation to the Licensing counter will always be so rife in our country and go unchecked because no one makes a serious problem about it. That is why people will continue to live in a system of governance they not happy with and allow our leaders to do as they so please.. That is why people see their neighbors shot in broad daylight and turn a blind eye..

And what even worse, is this is not even something you doing that calling for you to sacrifice any kinda personal security, entitlement, comfort or rights to make a statement. All you doing is wearing ah jersey.

I cannot fight you down for whatever you decide to do, but I can sure as hell attack your opinion here just as we do everyone else's every day of the week.

And what is the most disappointing in all of this is, that I believe you are a poster thats been around a long time and carry a certain amount of respect around here.. And yet you choose to pour cold water on a good initiative to show support for the players who represent us and we love so much.

I've always said that Trinidadians are not the type to unite to make any kind of statement whatsoever. But i was feeling strangely optimistic about this one.. but now i feel that was just a pipe dream..

Oh well..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2008, 09:05:12 AM »
Excellent post Omar..... :applause: :applause: :applause:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2008, 10:24:59 AM »
We need somebody like a "Tubal Uriah Butler " who can calvanise the frustrations of the people into a force that will CONSTANTLY demand fairness and transparency within the TTFF....until then Jackula will continue to do what he KNOWS he and his FIFA buddies can get away with.
Man I dislike FIFA with a passion.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2008, 11:23:06 AM »

You manage to take this whole good idea of a silent, entirely non-confrontational public statement by the fans and make it into some kinda fan protest and confrontation that could end up with repercussions. All this talk about security holding you by the door, and the fans getting bite and suffering the consequences.. All this talk about who going and clap for me or care for me, everybody go be inside eh go fart on me outside like a nuisance..

How did I do this Omar? What measures have I put in place to make it a fan protest with repercussions? Between 4 o clock yesterday and today on a message board.

Whats the big deal in picking the black jersey from outta your closet on game day?

Where above in any of my posts did I say what colour jersey I would have on?

Also, you see this assertion you peddling with regards to the foreign base talking but not willing to come down and act? Now most times i right in agreement with that eh because I tired see that in its full glory..

i only buss it a couple months ago. But if i was there

So yuh casting judgement on me who ask a question and you not here in the Stadium with your black jersey on....You adding to the protest how? You sending a message how?....Thanks.

This is something personal you are doing as a believer in our players and our football, it have to carry some kinda significance for you and you alone.

Well Omar you make a statement there and I am letting you in on my thoughts....While I will always root for Trinidad and Tobago, I am not a believer in our football anymore. It has no significance for me anymore.

Breds, I will not lie.. Yuh see all dem ting you say there have me lil worried about you.

Thanks eh

While i understand your frustration, you must not let these thoughts make you into the kind of person that floats along in life, taking any shit that come there way because you feel you do not have it within you to make a difference. Never deny yourself the power you have as an individual. You need to come better than that.

Omar I not floating, I swimming against the tide everyday , I just do not want to make a difference with regard to the battle with Jack and the TTFF.

Touches, that is the 'steups mentality'. That is why people will pay any price for bread, doubles, food and gas instead of making a personal statement of looking for alternatives.. That is why corruption, from the corporation to the Licensing counter will always be so rife in our country and go unchecked because no one makes a serious problem about it. That is why people will continue to live in a system of governance they not happy with and allow our leaders to do as they so please.. That is why people see their neighbors shot in broad daylight and turn a blind eye..

Well Omar I am on a no carb diet so I dont eat bread and I have not had a doubles since it moved from 3$. and yes you highlighted what happens here in TT however for a change to begin it must happen from the inside. You do not cut off your nose to spite your face.
And what even worse, is this is not even something you doing that calling for you to sacrifice any kinda personal security, entitlement, comfort or rights to make a statement. All you doing is wearing ah jersey.

You know this how? You are assuming plenty...do you know if I even have a black jersey in my cupboard? Have those who initiated this protest have them to distribute? As for comfort....Omar you really asking that question? You ent see Poui tree blooming out of season here because the sun so hot.

And what is the most disappointing in all of this is, that I believe you are a poster thats been around a long time and carry a certain amount of respect around here.. And yet you choose to pour cold water on a good initiative to show support for the players who represent us and we love so much.

Omar this is my personal stance and I am entitled to it.

I've always said that Trinidadians are not the type to unite to make any kind of statement whatsoever. But i was feeling strangely optimistic about this one.. but now i feel that was just a pipe dream..

Why, Because I made three posts and asked certain questions??....Am I really that powerful? Do my posts make people think? Omar yuh looking for excuse....all those who want to wear black will do so and all those who dont want to will do the same.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2008, 11:58:21 AM »

How did I do this Omar? What measures have I put in place to make it a fan protest with repercussions? Between 4 o clock yesterday and today on a message board.

Whats the big deal in picking the black jersey from outta your closet on game day?

Where above in any of my posts did I say what colour jersey I would have on?

i only buss it a couple months ago. But if i was there

So yuh casting judgement on me who ask a question and you not here in the Stadium with your black jersey on....You adding to the protest how? You sending a message how?....Thanks.

This is something personal you are doing as a believer in our players and our football, it have to carry some kinda significance for you and you alone.

Well Omar you make a statement there and I am letting you in on my thoughts....While I will always root for Trinidad and Tobago, I am not a believer in our football anymore. It has no significance for me anymore.

Thanks eh

Omar I not floating, I swimming against the tide everyday , I just do not want to make a difference with regard to the battle with Jack and the TTFF.

Well Omar I am on a no carb diet so I dont eat bread and I have not had a doubles since it moved from 3$. and yes you highlighted what happens here in TT however for a change to begin it must happen from the inside. You do not cut off your nose to spite your face.

You know this how? You are assuming plenty...do you know if I even have a black jersey in my cupboard? Have those who initiated this protest have them to distribute? As for comfort....Omar you really asking that question? You ent see Poui tree blooming out of season here because the sun so hot.

Omar this is my personal stance and I am entitled to it.

Why, Because I made three posts and asked certain questions??....Am I really that powerful? Do my posts make people think? Omar yuh looking for excuse....all those who want to wear black will do so and all those who dont want to will do the same.

You are very right.

I am not there, so I cant contribute in the flesh.

But if my words here, and my interactions with my friends results in at least 1 more person wearing a jersey to contribute to this cause, then I will feel like I have done my part.

Conversely, if your diatribe turns 1 person away, then your input could be deemed counter productive.

PM your mailing address, and I can post you a black jersey if you really dont have one in your cupboard.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2008, 03:10:58 PM »

Why, Because I made three posts and asked certain questions??....Am I really that powerful? Do my posts make people think? Omar yuh looking for excuse..

Actually yeah, yuh posts are that powerful

Most of allyuh learned football junkies on this board could sway the opinion of a fence sitter ..people who does lurk here regularly but never post & unsure about wearin black, could simply make up their mind after reading your post ...'yeah touches make sense dey'

I agreee with Omar et al that Trinis doh stand fuh nuttn...but I also agree with you, in that, even if EVERYBODY in the stadium wear black...as long as the ticket paid for..allyuh not hurtin Jack

Yuh see how jack & ollie start to get on like dey in pain de minute de new sports minister say "money done" THAT is de chemotherapy for de campcer

moreover to underscore the cause..all the black shirted ppl hadda sit together, if they scattered all over the stadium it go jus look like Fpatt and KFC had a free t-shirt giveaway everytime somebody buy ah 2 piece wit fries

either way, even if you go in a polka dot shirt...make sure and post a detailed report
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 03:12:41 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2008, 03:29:31 PM »
Suppose they stop u at the gate ,for wearing black . I would wearing it underneath my white shirt oui ,then put it out . Could someone pm me on how to get a ticket ?
That's actually a very legitimate question and one I too am concerned about, to that end I was going to suggest that folks walk with something extra just in case....I wouldn't put it beyond Jack and his cronies, even though it's the supposed to be the gov't running the show.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 03, 2008, 03:38:45 PM »
Guys, firstly, I would absoloutely love to be at that match on June 1st....but the wife and kids have(selfishly) insisted that they get a vacation this year, and I can't afford to bring them...so its gonna be Spain for me!

If I did make it I would wear black. No question. I don't care if England win. Its a friendly. Even more, to me its a friendly against friends. If we played Germany, France or Scotland I would want England to mash them up and I would be wearing my 3 lions on my shirt.

I fully understand Touches comments.

But this isn't initiated by FPATT, the players or SW/WN. Its YOUR plan. The supporters. If people ask why you're wearing black, its because of the death of democracy in T&T football. Its to show disapproval of Jack Warners stranglehold on YOUR game.

It will be briefly covered by the BBC. But, if only for a moment, you will get the attention of 20 million people in England. BBC may even interview a player about the world cup bonus fiasco.

But most of all, it will unite the supporters. You can say "We were there. We made our peaceful protest"

Like the student who stood in front of the tank in Tianamen Square.

Like Ghandi sitting in the road.

Like Mandella in prison for 24 years.

Like Martin Luther King saying "I have a dream".

All you guys have to do is wear a black shirt. A nice peaceful protest.

I won't critisize anyone who doesn't want to join in, you all have to do what you feel. But I know some of you didn't agree with FPATT initiatives, so heres your chance to make your stand for yourselves.

I really think that when I sit at home watching this match, with all the expected vibrancy and colour, its gonna look real strange to see awhole section of the crowd wearing black. The commentators will definately mention this, because it will be an unusual sight and its not a political protest as such.

I remember seeing a match in the 80's when a section of Wolves fans all wore surgical hats and masks. Mind you, that may have been for a more sinister reason.

Anyway, it will cost ou nothing, its peaceful and its yours. I really hope you do it and I wish you all well.

Kent, I often have to stop and tip my hat to you because it's easy to forget sometimes that you have no official ties to TnT and the warriors, yet sometimes you display more passion for TnT football than some of my own compatriots- and that's no bash at Touches or anyone else in here uninterested in or turned off by the proposed protest....just an observation.

Matter of fact I think you lime with us too much..."mash them up"?? lol...unless you guys say that in England too, I guess some Trini colloquialism seeping into yuh lingo  :beermug:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 03, 2008, 05:10:14 PM »
REVOLOUTION
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2008, 11:02:44 PM »

Why, Because I made three posts and asked certain questions??....Am I really that powerful? Do my posts make people think? Omar yuh looking for excuse..

Actually yeah, yuh posts are that powerful

Most of allyuh learned football junkies on this board could sway the opinion of a fence sitter ..people who does lurk here regularly but never post & unsure about wearin black, could simply make up their mind after reading your post ...'yeah touches make sense dey'

I agreee with Omar et al that Trinis doh stand fuh nuttn...but I also agree with you, in that, even if EVERYBODY in the stadium wear black...as long as the ticket paid for..allyuh not hurtin Jack

Yuh see how jack & ollie start to get on like dey in pain de minute de new sports minister say "money done" THAT is de chemotherapy for de campcer

moreover to underscore the cause..all the black shirted ppl hadda sit together, if they scattered all over the stadium it go jus look like Fpatt and KFC had a free t-shirt giveaway everytime somebody buy ah 2 piece wit fries
either way, even if you go in a polka dot shirt...make sure and post a detailed report

I agree completely, we have to sit together to have any kind of visual impact.... It will be hard i know especially with the crowd, but if you all really serious about doing this then we'll have to organise to meet at a specific location outside the stadium for a specific time and try and battle it to sit in we WN corner flag area...or any area we cud dam get...

Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ticketing information for the T&T vs England June 1.
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2008, 04:52:58 AM »
Well ah went on de TTFF website dis morning b4 ah reach to work.  Nutten....

Den ah see a message scrolling saying the sales will start at 8 am.....so ah waiting....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 05, 2008, 05:07:11 AM »
Ohho

So you is one of the 72 guests online. I ketch yuh.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 05, 2008, 05:11:44 AM »
Ohho

Add me too!  ;D

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 05, 2008, 05:24:09 AM »
IS May 5th I on de 'official' site & it ent change but to give news (updates over the weekend games) where de link to actually get mi tics??? ??? ??? ??? ???
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 05, 2008, 05:37:08 AM »
Ohho

.....and how yuh know dat if yuh wasn't dey too.... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 05, 2008, 05:55:21 AM »
and now de ttff site saying it temporarily unavailable
yet i am not surprised
Back in Trini...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 05, 2008, 05:58:47 AM »
and now de ttff site saying it temporarily unavailable
yet i am not surprised

......and 800-FANS busy!!!....chuppss...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 05, 2008, 06:02:01 AM »
ah  go spend the next 5 mins refreshing that site but i aint to hopefull.........

luck favours the prepared :beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #318 on: May 05, 2008, 06:05:11 AM »
Same shit we was saying, i on the website since 700am, and now ah gettin page saying temporarily unavailable....blasted ting!! Anybody gettin thru as yet, where the hell the link is to buy tickets ?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 05, 2008, 06:07:20 AM »
not ah facking thing

Més que un club.

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 05, 2008, 06:14:05 AM »
so this start b4 8.00 somebody told me it is probably because they reach full capacity on the site but like the site was never up. Anyway the phone line busy since 7.15am  Not cool.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 05, 2008, 06:16:42 AM »
You cant get through to the phone line...A recorded voice comes on and says the unite you are trying to call is either switched off or not in service...yes i did call 800-FANS...   they must have pulled the plug to rectify the situation

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 05, 2008, 06:17:19 AM »
i don't think anyone really surprised at all...i think i would have been more confused if i went on the site and it was actually working!
Back in Trini...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 05, 2008, 06:17:51 AM »
Wha bout yuh gettin this message on 800-fans

I'm sorry the unit you are attempting to reach is either switched off or out of the service area

Is a damn cell phone number they hit we yes  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Next thing they go put out a press ad and say all tickets sold in 3 minutes...

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #324 on: May 05, 2008, 06:19:58 AM »
Dread, wha kinda bull shit is dis, i calling the 800 FANS it ringing but then i only gettin a message the number is not in service... >:( >:(

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #325 on: May 05, 2008, 06:20:12 AM »
Website going down was a surety....now is how long it take to go back up and at what time.
I wonder how many England fans going and try to sign up for tickets this way.  Block dem UK IPs  lol...Trinis over dey go hadda get somebody else to hook them up...or spend money in phone card.  :devil:

steupse

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 05, 2008, 06:20:34 AM »
Improvement

I start back to get a busy signal

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 05, 2008, 06:21:30 AM »
LOL>>>no website no phoneline...did we expect anything different?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #328 on: May 05, 2008, 06:22:35 AM »
Website going down was a surety....now is how long it take to go back up and at what time.
I wonder how many England fans going and try to sign up for tickets this way.  Block dem UK IPs  lol...Trinis over dey go hadda get somebody else to hook them up...or spend money in phone card.  :devil:

steupse

website working!!

http://shop.ttffonline.com/

talk too soon...on that site after putting the ticket in the cart:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User tt0632a_shttffo has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/tt0632a/public_html/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 05, 2008, 06:23:23 AM »
so its 20 mins past the hour and no one has gotten their confirmation code

how long will this blasphemy last?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>