March 28, 2024, 10:46:43 PM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 284959 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game vs England: We wearing Black!
« Reply #420 on: May 05, 2008, 02:16:26 PM »

Nah, ah doh think yuh have to hurt somebody to get dey attention, more like, by adopting a passive agressive stance to Encourage them to do their job or fulfil their mandate...cause we can't fire or remove them therefore we have to educate ourselves on what are the other alternatives, and let them know we are considering them...they may or may not work, but it seems what we do, wheter supporting, blindly or knowlegably just hasn't been working over the last few years, regardless of who we play or where we have been, historically or within the unpredictable future.

...by taking a stance that is likely to bring international shame/pressure on them, while having a minimal possibility of hurting our football in the long run.

Bakes, our football has been already hurting for a long run, regardless of the reasons. Is not now we have blacklist, or players not getting their dues, or Government, corporate sponsors getting rip off, or International coaches not getting paid, or the TT public being jammed 'ticket or leave it'.
Yet, I don't get why such a stance would bring 'International shame/pressure', the things the TTFF & Jack have said and done, on the International scene, to this day, and dey didn't have no shame, yuh think we could shame them ?
Our impotency in dealing with our own social situations - regardless of the powers that be -  are more than likely issues that will cause more Intl embarrasments than a simple football stance. We went thru a holding of Government as hostages, shooting a prime Minister, Convicting and robbing of treasury (O'Hallaran eg) by goevrnment official, extremely High Criminal activities, etc..etc.. and we still Happy like Pappy, and we go cause shame cause probably 300-400 ppl didn't attend a game to make a statement ? I think not.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 05, 2008, 02:28:38 PM »
well...I have been reading all these comments and trying to digest some of the really deeep arguments for and against. My poor brain - anyway, at the end of the day I think that going to the game is best for OUR players- they need our support- not so? Yes I will wear black, and everybody I get a ticket for will agree to wear black- and I feel if a large number of us are wearing black instead of white, OUR boys will know that we are supporting them.
That's who I think will benefit. Who cares about the TTFF? What we need to do as a supporters group is to support the players.
The FPATT will then (if they live up to their promises) take that support and turn it to their advantage.
By the way- did I see somebody mention FPATT has black jerseys?
where do we get them?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 05, 2008, 02:33:43 PM »
Bakes, our football has been already hurting for a long run, regardless of the reasons. Is not now we have blacklist, or players not getting their dues, or Government, corporate sponsors getting rip off, or International coaches not getting paid, or the TT public being jammed 'ticket or leave it'.
Yet, I don't get why such a stance would bring 'International shame/pressure', the things the TTFF & Jack have said and done, on the International scene, to this day, and dey didn't have no shame, yuh think we could shame them ?
Our impotency in dealing with our own social situations - regardless of the powers that be -  are more than likely issues that will cause more Intl embarrasments than a simple football stance. We went thru a holding of Government as hostages, shooting a prime Minister, Convicting and robbing of treasury (O'Hallaran eg) by goevrnment official, extremely High Criminal activities, etc..etc.. and we still Happy like Pappy, and we go cause shame cause probably 300-400 ppl didn't attend a game to make a statement ? I think not.

Wait...I not following you.  Are you saying that Jack and the TTFF cannot be shamed into dealing right with the players?  If that's the case then why even bother with a boycott?  You really think that gate receipts amount to any kind ah money for the TTFF relative to sponsorship and broadcasts rights?

To talk about the other 'social issues' affecting  Trinidad and the effect or lack thereof on our national pride is to unnecessarily conflate the issue, because Jack Warner and his cronies aren't running Trinidad.  Let's keep the discussion in it's proper perspective attacking this specific problem in a manner such that we strike at an area of vulnerability.  My position is that given the magnitude of the opposition and given the prominence of the stage (200 BBC 'journalists', mind you) this would be an ample time to bring further attention and publicity to the TTFF's activities, and to let the footballing world know that we are not a passive people content to sit back and accept whatever is handed to us as our lot.  This can be achieved in my mind thru both proposals...I just don't think the boycott is necessary.  On the one hand to seem to endorse one course of action...yet on the other you seem to embrace defeatism by saying nothing can force them to change.  But you don't see this as being contradictory.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 05, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »
By the way- did I see somebody mention FPATT has black jerseys?
where do we get them?

Not to speak for them, but sometime in the near future...they're only now getting their hands on some money so they should be coming fully online with products and activities within the next couple months.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 05, 2008, 03:09:51 PM »
again nah not contradictory.... we want them to change their modus operandi, but we have been unsuccessful in crying for the changing of the guardians. Yuh follow meh ? I would like Jack, Camps, and their personal assistants to take ah side, but since we have no control of that, I hoping we can change how they think. operate or view the TT public and our players (FPATT for instance) with respect if nothing else... true respect, can go a long way to our own development. ..I agree with you however, the social issues are possibly for a another forum, another talk, yet I kinda view the total football issues (as well as all sports) as part of a  whole make-up of our society.... As I said, though the majority would go, I would stand outside, and let the players and anybody who interested know, I there for them, and those after them...I want to see the boys handle deyself bad-bad too, and I not saying is the thing everybody could do, i just saying is what I feel may have to be done, and so I will hope I make the right decision..Will it work, I doubt, but I will still try..
I out, wuk dun
 Like Cornflakes+milk all within the bowl...ah mean we could eat it in ah cup, or without milk or straight from the box, but is not quite the same, though some ppl do and like it so, me, I have choice I lactose intolerant, so either eat it different, or eat something else instead, well, it have other healthy, probably more so, altrnatives... jus  kicksin, with the conflakes analogy, tryin to confuse the issue more  :devil:

add: doh say how I contradicting eh, how ah want to go the game, but ah not going  :D

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
Re: Ticketing information for the T&T vs England June 1.
« Reply #425 on: May 05, 2008, 03:17:45 PM »
Is the confirmation number and the order number the same thing?
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 05, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »

Should be...
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Tickets.
« Reply #427 on: May 05, 2008, 04:15:04 PM »
Ppl i need a bit of enlightening. Is the ticket system a first come first serve type of thing or is it a lottery system that selects ppl at random? i wud really like to get that clarified so i cud put my mind at ease.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tickets.
« Reply #428 on: May 05, 2008, 05:00:15 PM »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 05, 2008, 05:04:17 PM »
whatever u doing do it quick, on d news headlines they say almost have gone aready
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 05, 2008, 05:06:41 PM »
Almost half the tickets sold in a few hours so far today, so hurry up if u aint do it yet
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 05, 2008, 05:08:54 PM »
Almost half the tickets sold in a few hours so far today, so hurry up if u aint do it yet

how you know that?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 05, 2008, 05:12:16 PM »

how you know that?

news headlines on tv6
Youtube Channel

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 05, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »

Should be...

You sure about that I thought that they were going to email it to you???

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 05, 2008, 05:14:51 PM »

how you know that?

news headlines on tv6

shit...  das good though    at least i organise my tix

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 05, 2008, 05:17:24 PM »

how you know that?

news headlines on tv6

You got yours over the net right???

Did you get a confirmation number or just an order number ??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 05, 2008, 05:17:51 PM »
All yuh crash dis site u know how long I tryin 2 see how tings progressing wit d posse.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 05, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »
whatever u doing do it quick, on d news headlines they say almost have gone aready

Waaaaaay! People doh stick boy. Dem better have my three ready and waiting.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »

Should be...

You sure about that I thought that they were going to email it to you???

I received an email and the email said Order Number. Same thing.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »

Waaaaaay! People doh stick boy. Dem better have my three ready and waiting.

yuh know, if i aint get mine, is cuss
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 05, 2008, 05:21:59 PM »

how you know that?

news headlines on tv6

You got yours over the net right???

Did you get a confirmation number or just an order number ??

i get order no
Youtube Channel

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 05, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »
can anyone confirm if order number is all you need???
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2008, 05:27:37 PM »
can anyone confirm if order number is all you need???

How yuh wa' we confirm it? Dise what everybody getting.

When yuh go to collect, tell them the order numbr and provide the ID you used to make the reservation.

They better be accepting US driver's licences.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2008, 05:28:58 PM »
It sound like 1st come 1st serve as I get my order number and d man say come Hasely and collect so I goin Hasely and collect so deh betta doh get me upset
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 05, 2008, 05:30:58 PM »
They discussin it on TV6 now

EDIT : that was a waste

why these people dont explain exactly wah goin on
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 05:34:38 PM by ß!aCkÒuT »

".The Poet."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are Warrior Nation members getting tickets to the England game?
« Reply #445 on: May 05, 2008, 05:34:06 PM »
We get blank but we callin and on d site so we go b dey some in black some in white but we go b dey

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 05, 2008, 05:34:57 PM »
It sound like 1st come 1st serve as I get my order number and d man say come Hasely and collect so I goin Hasely and collect so deh betta doh get me upset

I walking with some tires in de trunk ah mih car just in case I have to burn some to protest dat ah eh get mih tickets....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are Warrior Nation members getting tickets to the England game?
« Reply #447 on: May 05, 2008, 05:37:12 PM »
But just imagine dat Weary....it have people on dis site doh miss ah game but have to through de same pressure like everybody else!!!...and all yuh still debating whether or not to wear black to de game...damn foolishness!!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 05, 2008, 05:38:39 PM »
Oh and Clarke I just check de ttff website and dey still have $300.00 and $600.00 tickets....act fast!!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 05, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
Oh and Clarke I just check de ttff website and dey still have $300.00 and $600.00 tickets....act fast!!!

boy i have my tickets since 8:00:01 am today. what u tellin me bout act fast lol. i acted already.

1]; } ?>