March 28, 2024, 07:01:36 AM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 284880 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Game vs England: We wearing Black!
« Reply #780 on: May 16, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »
64 people in the facebook group now.  :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).
« Reply #781 on: May 16, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »
To stray a little from the game discussions going on.....

Ah co-worker tell mih dat de TTFF call him today and give him a DIFFERENT confirmation number from the one he had!!!....he was one of the phone orders....

Ha laaawwwd....only when mih ticket in mih hand I go be sooooo relieved....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 16, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »
So correck Brown I wondering whether 2 go 2 church 1st and pray 2 get meh ticket or go early so I could get meh ticket
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 16, 2008, 07:23:08 PM »
To stray a little from the game discussions going on.....

Ah co-worker tell mih dat de TTFF call him today and give him a DIFFERENT confirmation number from the one he had!!!....he was one of the phone orders....

Ha laaawwwd....only when mih ticket in mih hand I go be sooooo relieved....
the Modern Day version of
"Ticket or Leave It"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 16, 2008, 08:55:28 PM »
Omar,

No team should play a game giving their opposition soooooo much respect.  Ah know that England ON PAPER are stronger. But T&T already tend to lack confidence in their abilities we should treat this as a friendly to play wisely but not sooooo cautious that they eh bring their FIGHT. T & T needs a bit of arrogance in their attitude if you ask me. Ask Ato Boldon, ask Kenwyne, ask Yorke who all at one point expressed soooo much confidence that either they themselves or reporters described them as a bit arrogant. . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 16, 2008, 10:23:13 PM »
Allyuh need to invite more ppl. It have about 500 ppl who have not responded to the invite and I pretty sure over 300 is from my list.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 17, 2008, 01:48:22 AM »
Allyuh need to invite more ppl. It have about 500 ppl who have not responded to the invite and I pretty sure over 300 is from my list.

I invited 100 last night, but many of those were already invited on your list
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 17, 2008, 03:04:02 AM »
Brownsugar? Bake n Shark? We getting baby-t's in the designs we have in mind?

Yeah baby Tees are available....

As for the message, I wanted to put something a little more direct on them than what Bakes has...so far I've come up with a design/idea similar to what the Keith Noel committee did with their T-shirts for their march....start the message in front and finish it at the back...

For example, the front could say....MAKE A  STAND...
OR
STAND UP...

OR

I STAND...

and continued on the back....

For etc. etc.

I've thought of statements like

"Better footballing administration"

"Injustice in football"

......statements along those lines...

However, I would like to put something really catchyon the back......but ah eh good at dem thing so much....so forumites, tell  mih what all yuh could come up wid by Monday 19th, 6 pm EST....who knows ah might have ah prize fuh yuh... ;) :)
Also, as for the actual T-shirts I would get back to you all with more details on Monday...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #788 on: May 17, 2008, 04:02:09 AM »
English Debate: England's Forgotten Men: Part 4.
Goal.Com Oliver Petersen looks at England's nearly-men at left-back...

This week, Fabio Capello selected a 31-man England squad for two England friendlies a fortnight away. The Three Lions take on USA and Trinidad and Tobago on May 28 and June 1, with players looking to impress, prior to their summer break.

Capello has spoken of his desire to have everyone available who doesn’t have a valid excuse, but who didn’t make the squad? Which players, either through self imposed international retirement, injury, or otherwise, were not selected for the summer training camp?

This multipart series has already covered goalkeepers, right backs and centre backs, and now left backs not included by Capello are the issue at hand. Is there a Roberto Carlos waiting in the wings?

Analysis: Ashley Cole - love him or loathe him - is England’s top number three, with Wayne Bridge and the versatile goalscoring defender Joleon Lescott the men to cover him from within the squad. Outside of that triumvirate, there are a handful of England wannabees, but not a great deal of experienced strength and depth.

Name, Club, Age, Height, Birthplace, other position (if any), 2007/08 appearances, reason for not being selected.

Close to the squad:

Nicky Shorey, Reading, 27, 5 ft 9 ins, Romford, London, 38, a defender with a wizardry left foot, equally adept at defending as he is going forward. If he played for a top ten club he’d be in the squad already. A move to a club such as West Ham would help his cause. He is a set-piece architect, good dribble, tackler and has a shot to keep goalkeepers on their toes.

Future possibles

Leighton Baines, Everton, 23, 5 ft 7 ins, Liverpool, Merseyside, 29, hasn’t managed to force his way past Lescott and Nuno Valente at club level. Will need to do that, or move again, if he wants to make the next step up. Has the potential, but it’s been a sideways year for him, after his move from Wigan.

David Murphy, Birmingham, 24, 6 ft 1 ins, Hartlepool, County Durham, 32, has settled well into the Premier League after his January move from Hibernian. Has potency in his left foot and is one of the future.

Andrew Taylor, Middlesbrough, 21, 5 ft 10 ins, Hartlepool, County Durham, 21, has been rotating the left back position with Emmanuel Pogatetz and Jonathan Grounds at Middlesbrough, but has displayed enough promise to show a decent career lies ahead of him.

Jamie O’Hara, Tottenham, 21, 5 ft 11 ins, Dartford, Kent, centre midfield, 40, originally a midfielder when he broke through into the first team, but many feel his future lies in the fullback role. Could advance at either position due to his all round game, and multitude of attributes.

Far from the squad

Michael Ball, Man City, 28, 5 ft 10 ins, Liverpool, Merseyside, centre back, left midfield, 35, many feel he’s been lucky to be a regular at City, so further international recognition seems no more than a dream. He’s unlikely to add to his solitary cap, won seven years ago. Yet another one cap wonder.

Paul Konchesky, Fulham, 26, 5 ft 9 ins, Barking, London, centre back, left midfield, 37, was far closer to the England squad a few years ago. His first season at Fulham, since moving from West Ham, didn’t set the world alight.

Jlloyd Samuel, Bolton, 27, 5 ft 11 ins, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago, 25, after early career promise, his form has dipped in the last couple of years. The talent is still there, but is the desire?

Matthew Taylor, Bolton, 26, 5 ft 10 ins, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, winger, 34, has been used in a more advanced role in recent times, mainly due to his crossing ability and goal threat from long range. A fairly surprising mid season move north for the versatile lefty hasn’t worked out too badly, but more consistency would be needed for an England call-up.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 04:14:51 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 17, 2008, 08:27:09 AM »
Jlloyd Samuel, Bolton, 27, 5 ft 11 ins, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago, 25, after early career promise, his form has dipped in the last couple of years. The talent is still there, but is the desire?

And all this time, here I was thinking Samuel was a UB40. De man born in Sando dread?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 17, 2008, 08:35:39 AM »
And all this time, here I was thinking Samuel was a UB40. De man born in Sando dread?
check this post by FF
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 17, 2008, 08:39:37 AM »
Goal.Com Oliver Petersen looks at England's nearly-men at left-back...

This week, Fabio Capello selected a 31-man England squad for two England friendlies a fortnight away. The Three Lions take on USA and Trinidad and Tobago on May 28 and June 1, with players looking to impress, prior to their summer break.

Capello has spoken of his desire to have everyone available who doesn’t have a valid excuse, but who didn’t make the squad? Which players, either through self imposed international retirement, injury, or otherwise, were not selected for the summer training camp?

This multipart series has already covered goalkeepers, right backs and centre backs, and now left backs not included by Capello are the issue at hand. Is there a Roberto Carlos waiting in the wings?

Analysis: Ashley Cole - love him or loathe him - is England’s top number three, with Wayne Bridge and the versatile goalscoring defender Joleon Lescott the men to cover him from within the squad. Outside of that triumvirate, there are a handful of England wannabees, but not a great deal of experienced strength and depth.

Name, Club, Age, Height, Birthplace, other position (if any), 2007/08 appearances, reason for not being selected.

Close to the squad:

Nicky Shorey, Reading, 27, 5 ft 9 ins, Romford, London, 38, a defender with a wizardry left foot, equally adept at defending as he is going forward. If he played for a top ten club he’d be in the squad already. A move to a club such as West Ham would help his cause. He is a set-piece architect, good dribble, tackler and has a shot to keep goalkeepers on their toes.

Future possibles

Leighton Baines, Everton, 23, 5 ft 7 ins, Liverpool, Merseyside, 29, hasn’t managed to force his way past Lescott and Nuno Valente at club level. Will need to do that, or move again, if he wants to make the next step up. Has the potential, but it’s been a sideways year for him, after his move from Wigan.

David Murphy, Birmingham, 24, 6 ft 1 ins, Hartlepool, County Durham, 32, has settled well into the Premier League after his January move from Hibernian. Has potency in his left foot and is one of the future.

Andrew Taylor, Middlesbrough, 21, 5 ft 10 ins, Hartlepool, County Durham, 21, has been rotating the left back position with Emmanuel Pogatetz and Jonathan Grounds at Middlesbrough, but has displayed enough promise to show a decent career lies ahead of him.

Jamie O’Hara, Tottenham, 21, 5 ft 11 ins, Dartford, Kent, centre midfield, 40, originally a midfielder when he broke through into the first team, but many feel his future lies in the fullback role. Could advance at either position due to his all round game, and multitude of attributes.

Far from the squad

Michael Ball, Man City, 28, 5 ft 10 ins, Liverpool, Merseyside, centre back, left midfield, 35, many feel he’s been lucky to be a regular at City, so further international recognition seems no more than a dream. He’s unlikely to add to his solitary cap, won seven years ago. Yet another one cap wonder.

Paul Konchesky, Fulham, 26, 5 ft 9 ins, Barking, London, centre back, left midfield, 37, was far closer to the England squad a few years ago. His first season at Fulham, since moving from West Ham, didn’t set the world alight.

Matthew Taylor, Bolton, 26, 5 ft 10 ins, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, winger, 34, has been used in a more advanced role in recent times, mainly due to his crossing ability and goal threat from long range. A fairly surprising mid season move north for the versatile lefty hasn’t worked out too badly, but more consistency would be needed for an England call-up.

We actually still talking bout Jlloyd Samuel  :-\
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 08:45:22 AM by Flex »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 18, 2008, 07:10:23 AM »
What's the latest on the ticket situation in T&T? like things running smooth no complaints,everybody getting the amount of tickets they asked for?or is it the same old same old,could we get some feedbacks on this i'm sure some people in line already.   

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 18, 2008, 08:48:37 AM »
well i going for my tickets now
go update when i reach back

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 18, 2008, 09:02:38 AM »
Big Mag and I reach dere at 8:40 and line up in de line we were supposed to...at 9am ticket collection started...i got my tickets at 9:03... 

very well done

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: May 18, 2008, 09:04:14 AM »
jus got word from my cousin that my tickets were picked up without hassle....
so forumites see yuh in de stadium come June 1st!
Back in Trini...

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 18, 2008, 09:15:03 AM »
Me and nobody's Angel collected out tickets @ 9:09 am. No real worries.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 18, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
Yeah my sister picked mine up without any hassles.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 18, 2008, 11:26:03 AM »
was short and painless...... men outside the gates asking if u have extra tickets to sell

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 18, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
Midlady picked them up this am. Said she waited 2h in (cash on delivery, online order) line, but i believe she get there at 9 or slightly after. Her line for some odd reason only had one clerk, as opposed to some of the others with 3 or 4 ppl, which made things slow down. However she aid that the cash on delivery line was moving smoother than the credit card lines when she was there.

They gave her some shaft about not having the print out, but like she just bat she eyes and everything finish well. Ah next man behind in de line start to cuss and carry on when they tell him the same BS - because they tell him all he needed to do was walk with he ID, and dat is what he did, but all in all it sounded smooth. Must say I'm impressed, even if 1 day is a really narrow window.

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 18, 2008, 12:04:38 PM »
Jus leave around 1 and reach back around 2. Painless. Surprisingly.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 18, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »
What's the latest on the ticket situation in T&T? like things running smooth no complaints,everybody getting the amount of tickets they asked for?or is it the same old same old,could we get some feedbacks on this i'm sure some people in line already.   

Boy, ah was able to collect my tickets without any problems and all that i ordered. Ah was real sweating before i went hoping for the best.  Everything looked real organised when i went. Big up TTFF for that.
The tickets in the form of a card.

Well the only thing to worry about now is that the game kicks off on June 1st with the team and players we want to see and that everything goes well without violence and chaos.  ah hope everybody get thru with dem tickets too.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 18, 2008, 12:22:14 PM »
well........................Good Job TTFF
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #803 on: May 18, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »
Paying with CC ahead of time was a mistake.
No extra convenience...just cost more for no reason.  U cud actually pay with CC right there without the "processing fee"

It had no lines and had decent parking.  They should have put the no parking signs along the side road like they did for the B'dos match.
I eh sure but I think they had the booth numbering back to front from the map they circulated...distance wasn't nutten though.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 12:36:02 PM by dcs »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 18, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »
well........................Good Job TTFF
        Well i was waiting to hear that from somebody,for once the TTFF did a good job and i think it should be mentioned because the worst was expected.
          Alright phase one went alright,now lets see what game day will be like remember we still have to get inside the stadium and don't know the composition of the starting team,isn't Football the best game in the world,excitment from start to finish.
          On top of all that nobody going to worry about how much Jack make until everything over,this is what's good about that man.  

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #805 on: May 18, 2008, 12:49:20 PM »

I eh know Coops I think it too early to give them high marks.
On the whole is a big improvement though.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 18, 2008, 12:51:26 PM »
Paying with CC ahead of time was a mistake.
No extra convenience...just cost more for no reason.  U cud actually pay with CC right there without the "processing fee"
Ya ever hear of TicketMasters
dem have "charging extra fees" down to a science oui
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 18, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
Lets give the TTFF a round of  :applause: :applause:

They getting their act in order.

I saw the traffic so I parked up on the main road by SUCKYs bar. Order a sours and walked into the COE.

A green Hyundai was selling some t-shirt 2 for 100. My partner went in the credit card line I went in the telephone line. There were 3 people in front of me. I gave them the number they checked my id and they brought out my tickets in a brown envelope. The TTFF provided you with a receipt and they asked me to check the contents of the envelope to make sure everything was in order.

A heavy police presence was in each tent. Scalpers on the outside buying up extras for $50-100 more and everybody going tru easy.

Only one fella get a stiff buff and embarrassment from he father infront the whole line of people. The fella big and tall in he late teens early 20's.  He reach the desk give he name and code and say 3 tickets. The woman say no no, you ordered 2.

He say miss, you telling me I lying. For the record I ordered three. The woman say son...you ordered 2..the spreadsheet says 2, and at the end of the phone conversation we tell you your total and confirm the amount....Watch meh the man father get so vex...You see dis $h!t when you have to do something is best yuh do it yuhself. Is 3 tickets one for me, you and yuh sister....I feel you go give yuh sister the next ticket and you stay home for yuh stupidness.. I tell you order 3.

:rotfl: :rotfl:I ent play I laugh.... the man father nearly hit him a bell ringers right there. The whole line start to laugh at the youthman.

However the lady at the table informed him to call the FANS number and find out when the next batch of loose/unclaimed ticketes go on sale and he might have a chance ther.

See you at the game!!!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 18, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »
Well don TTFF for outsourcing the Ticketing.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #809 on: May 18, 2008, 01:25:01 PM »

1]; } ?>