April 19, 2024, 07:31:32 PM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 287131 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JACK WARNER AND GARY HUNT - CNC3 - 8.35PM - TONIGHT
« Reply #990 on: May 21, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »
What he really saying is doh count the 40 million...because

Europe own their rights....and he is yet to sell to the Caribbean and the Americas!

Yeah right!

Question. Where did the BBC get these rights to give europe etc from? Cause i doh think somebody could come into another country and jus broadcast something and make profits off of it just like that. Is this some kinda international entitlement that the BBC has? Or is there more to is?

De man say he give it away as a "condition precedent" to them agreeing to coming here for the match.

Lawd.

Somewhere there's a small band of schupid Trinis actually believing dat dotishness.  I'm starting to think that half of them are resident here on this forum too.  Man calling Hunt ah C@nt and all kinda dotishness all because he trying to safeguard de interest of public property.  People like they cyah read...talking about new terms and what not.  It was always $3,000 or 10%, whichever was greater.  So tell me...if Jack and dem sell tix totalling $9m... 10% of that is $900,000.  Hunt say they go take $150k instead...Jack bawling like ah mad fowl and these fools following like he brood ah chickens after him.

How much longer de public of TnT should continue fattening Jack pocket??  Yet Hunt is de bad guy.  Amazing.

Gotta love my people.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 10:50:16 PM by Bake n Shark »

truetrini

« Reply #991 on: May 21, 2008, 10:57:14 PM »
ent?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game vs England: We wearing Black!
« Reply #992 on: May 21, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
A Trini WIT BACKBONE is a rare ting. Liming is we tink if u don't stand 4 someting u will fall 4 anyting so u see y we in d state we in
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 22, 2008, 12:49:40 AM »
Please TT brother no need to argue, my point is, this guy and jack is ah marriage made in hell, and hell at the expense of the fans. if this was in england france or germany things would not have taken such a sour turn,

BC no matter how much i despise those countries, they definitely have pride and protocol. i not blaming one and exonerating the other, they're both incompetent egotistic dick heads.

now jack must have some legitimate claim,and so does the minister, but my beef is why couldn't they have worked it out and came to an amicable agreement before a match was even announced.

tickets were sold and the fans already made the effort to get here only to be confronted with this disheartening news.  remember this is england we playing and not mexico. the whole world watching how fackin silly and inefficient we are.

remember english fans already plan their vacation around this game only to be inconvenienced by our petty feuding, this is just the game we needed after suffering for almost two years, only have it snatched away.

i think the minister should've let this one slide to save face , and after the game lay down the ground rules for further use of the facilities. if this continues , then think about the damage, not only to the fans , but the players and their future, a game like this could be essential to a young players future.

jack would always be jack , selfish ,inconsiderate and he will always come out on top. them youth ain't so lucky and hunt should take that into consideration instead of trying to luck down jack.  there's an African proverb that states, when two elephants fight only the grass gets hurt.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:53:41 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 22, 2008, 02:28:21 AM »
Please TT brother no need to argue, my point is, this guy and jack is ah marriage made in hell, and hell at the expense of the fans. if this was in england france or germany things would not have taken such a sour turn,

BC no matter how much i despise those countries, they definitely have pride and protocol. i not blaming one and exonerating the other, they're both incompetent egotistic dick heads.

now jack must have some legitimate claim,and so does the minister, but my beef is why couldn't they have worked it out and came to an amicable agreement before a match was even announced.

tickets were sold and the fans already made the effort to get here only to be confronted with this disheartening news.  remember this is england we playing and not mexico. the whole world watching how fackin silly and inefficient we are.

remember english fans already plan their vacation around this game only to be inconvenienced by our petty feuding, this is just the game we needed after suffering for almost two years, only have it snatched away.

i think the minister should've let this one slide to save face , and after the game lay down the ground rules for further use of the facilities. if this continues , then think about the damage, not only to the fans , but the players and their future, a game like this could be essential to a young players future.

jack would always be jack , selfish ,inconsiderate and he will always come out on top. them youth ain't so lucky and hunt should take that into consideration instead of trying to luck down jack.  there's an African proverb that states, when two elephants fight only the grass gets hurt.
JC please DO NOT fall for Jackula's squarkin about the matter
he is very fortunate to have the fee knocked BACK down to 150,000 and NOT the required 900,000 that is required by the terms of the contract.

You have to realise that the Govt is NOT just accepting what Jack Say...the govt has requested Accountabilty and transparency and they KNOW what the deal is and Jack only makin NOISE.

Yesterday the deal was 10% of sales
Today the deal was 10% of sales
Tomorrow the deal is 10% of sales

doh let Jack FOOL allya, PLEASE.

Some people so TIZIC about this game that they acting like DRUG addicts that have been threatened with missin out on a HIGH.
All Jack have to say is Game gobe cancelled, and ONE SETTA chicken Little running around puttin down the Government sayin...Oh gawd...de Govt goin and get we Game Cancelled.....It MUST BE the government fault.........not realising that it is Jack with his Shit YET AGAIN.
Allya Please READ what is the deal...............PLEASE
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:37:38 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 22, 2008, 03:27:28 AM »
My view on this from a distance is as follows:

Hunt was never going to let the game be cancelled. He wanted to put down his marker and let Jack know-publicly-that he can no longer do what he wants, when he wants. If he doesn't follow correct procedure, Hunt will stop him.

Warner knows he's in a fight and cannot be seen to be subservient to the government (which every citizen should be). Therefore, despite Hunt saying he will revert to original agreement (which was probably his intention all along), Warner still wants to take it to court so he can prove a point. No Minister is gonna tell him what he can do in the country he owns. If he loses the England game, he knows some unintelligent people will side with him. He can go to Sydney and tell FIFA "Look what I'm up against. I've been planning this game for 3 years and the stupid minister cancelled it because of politics"

People on here complaining about inflation and rising cost of living, yet this agreements been in place for 20 years. More government departments have to get out of their comfort zone like Hunt has and get tough. Problem is, if they get tough, many voters will not see the long term benefits and start whining and vote for Warners flunkies.

This is not about winning votes. Hunts move here is a vote loser. But, if he can clean up football before the election, he could have a job for life.

Also, he is not a football person. He views football as important, but not to the detriment of other sports. This has to be agood thing. Football should be able to fund itself....if the right people are in charge and money is'nt being taken out of the game. You heard Hunt  $100 million TT since 2006. Where is it? It sure as hell didn't get paid to the players or stadiums!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 22, 2008, 04:16:03 AM »
Nah west coast , i not getting tied up as you may think, my point is simple. the football has been a stop and go process for the longest and we all know what's the cause of that. the issue i have is with that is, even though jack is the main culprit, it still takes two to tango.

the minister have to find a way to work with stuborn jack or our youth will suffer the consequences, not hunt and certainly not jackular.

i want to see the football start flowing freely and not stop and go, or there's no reason for any of us to follow national football, ah mean HELLO!!! what's the point of sticking with a disappointing situation, why not move on.

yuh see coast i'm not quite ready to move on , ah want to give this one more chance, and though all the signs show that it maybe wiser to cut and run , a part of me want's to see it through.

you can't deny that MR Hunt should've been a little more professional in stipulating his terms and conditions for rental at the initial meeting, then all this would be ah non issue, but he himself said on the interview that they needed to professionalise sports in T&T hense the new terms.

if hunt waited until after the game , then i think that would've been better for all involved. my view even though i might get cuss for it, well who cares, let cooler heads prevail. yuh have to fight jackular with brain and whit not brawn.

PS: i knew somthing like this would've happened. that's why i opted for the 15th.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 22, 2008, 04:35:04 AM »
Just Cool, you ever stop and asked yourself "What is THE PROBLEM."

well the way I see it, The problem is Jack wants to Keep paying the $3,000.........never goin to happen from now on says Hunt.
Yes I agree that the PAST minister of sport did not do a proper job of collecting the PROPER fee before.

According to the Contract it has ALWAYS been 3,000 OR 10% of Gate.

Forgetting the 3,00 for a moment,
the Gate for this Game is 9,000,000....so 10% is 900,000..Right?

SO the government says, OK, that is a BIG jump from 3,000 so we go give Jack he jacket so that he could fillup he Jacket Pocket with the (900,000 - 150,000 =  $750,000 )difference.

Am I explaing it right or you want me to phrase it ah next way........Sorry eh but I find this so simple.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:11:33 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 22, 2008, 05:26:06 AM »
Hunf for Prime Minister!

hE HAS MORE GUTS AND METTLE DAN ALL DE REST PUT TOGETHER.

hE IS DAMN RIGHT, THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN DAMN FOOTBALL!

Jack saying transparency and accountability is words de government banding around..and he say he books get audited den show de foacking books or shut yuh stuttering pie hole de f**ker meet he match.

Bravo Mr. Hunt yuh is ah borse and whoebver say diferent is ah C@nt!

Yuh is ah true patriot and yuh doh play de arse..run yuh ministry as all other ministries should be run.

f**k TTFF, f**k Jack and f**k England
Ah guess yuh refering to me. well lets deal with what's really important in a developing nation before yuh shower all that false praise on this rookie for PM who stood up for a lesser cause.

lets see , education of which we're lacking imencly  , national security yet another deficiency in our nations diet, inflation, and to me that the most important area in which we're evidently lacking, police and political corruption, unemployment even though there's been an increase within the last 2 yrs , it's still insuficient, inadiquate health care system, Crime.

now i know that's not hunt's responsibility , but the things that really need tending too is left adrift, and while the nation is in turmiol and ppl are being ravaged all  around, he's looking to save a couple of bucks on the stadium .

meanwhile ignoring the bigger picture, letting the game play will generate much more revenue for the country and the public rather than going without it.

now tell me if standing up to JW take precedence over the  more important issues which i outlined.

IMO he's ah f@ckin joke, he waited till every thing was in full motion to bring up this crap about new rental agreement and protocolls. this should've been on the table from the initial meeting.

yes warner is ah crook , and yes he's been taking advatage of the footballers for yrs,but the fact remains that the ppl of T&T will have to suffer yet again for the politicians row.

and the minister should've made this aboundantly clear from the get go, why wait until the wheel was in full motion. to me that was malicious and jokey. there are no winners involved in this senario, and a good statsman always choose winning as an option rather than losing.
No offense but yuh talking a pack ah foolishness there.

You talk about corruption in one sentence and then in the next one you acknowledge that JW is a crook but we should allow him to do what he wants. Why??? Just to see England???

No game is important enough to let this man continue his maddness.

TnT Patriot

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 22, 2008, 05:32:34 AM »
Leh warner haul he c**t
I standing with Gary Hunt!

TT like ah have to call de printers in de morning and tell dem change de slogan..... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 22, 2008, 05:33:00 AM »
Fella I and you always cool eh, but yuh talking plenty shit of the highest grade!

Hunt eh trying to save money...he trying to bring order into the Sports Ministry.  Not becasue things run free all de time means that is how it should continue.

Fees must be paid and if indeed on a sliding scale den I say he DAMN RIGHT!

He may be a rookie minister, but he brings excellent management skills to the job, something lacking in ALL OTHER MINITRIES!

He is calling for accountability and transparency...yet you seem to have trouble with that.

f**k de game!

How is that game bringing revenue into the country to speak of?

Steups...yuh really mean revenue into Warner's pocket ent?
We doh need ah few thousand foreigners for a few days to help T&T, what will help the country is accountability and transparency and DOING THE RIGHT THINGS!

That is something allyuh trinis like to sacrifice for entertainment...let de game play, leh we play we mas, jump and wave and misbehave..f**k dat shit!

It is high time T&T comes to order, we is ah damn big republic yet we have man auditing books in secret and cyar show de right spreadsheet for years!

f**k that shit!

Standing up to Jack Warner is a start!  He at least is doin g what is right for HIS Ministry, he eh in charge ah crime and education or peewah selling!  So he is doing EXACTKLY what you want, yet for the sake of a football game yuh willing to sell out yuh Nation...no wonder we have so much crime and decadence and turmoil in we schools!

Yuh acknowledge de tings yuh feel important is NOT Hunt's responsibility, yet readily find fault when he attends dutifuly to things UNDER HIS PURVIEW!

f**k that shit!

Let Jack have Jamaica play England...leh he haul he stink c**t...I standing with Gary Hunt!

How is that for a tee shirt slogan!

“The ministry recognises that this event is commercial in nature and as such, it is incumbent upon us to seek and protect the rights and intellectual property of Trinidad and Tobago,” he said.

“In the past, rental of the stadium has been done in an ad hoc manner. The policy seeks to standardise rental agreements and professionalise the way the ministry conducts business.”

Hunt announced that the ministry would charge the TTFF a rental of $150,000 for use of the stadium, instead of the ten per cent gate receipts which would have brought in $900,000.

He asked the TTFF to utilise the profits from this match to invest them into development programmes to assist people in areas such as Toco, Point Fortin, Tabaquite and Sangre Grande.

Hunt said his ministry was prepared to reconsider the terms of the draft lease agreement.

“We are now aware of contractual arrangements with the English FA...We are willing to listen to it,” he said.

“We are also willing to look at the prohibition of alcohol and tobacco advertising for this game. We recognise that it is not safe to advertise these products. We have taken a stance to protect the development of the youth of this country.”
[/b]

Allyuh bemaoning the lack of professionalism in Trin idad...now allyuh getting it in allyuh pweffen allyuh bawling like babies with ah diaper load ah shit!
Great Post!!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1001 on: May 22, 2008, 05:34:19 AM »
For those without broadband here is a 24k mp3 audio of the exchange:

http://www.tntingermany.com/mp3/bigstory-20080521-hunt-warner.mp3

Thanks E-man.

Great work as usual
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1002 on: May 22, 2008, 05:38:06 AM »
Hunf for Prime Minister!

hE HAS MORE GUTS AND METTLE DAN ALL DE REST PUT TOGETHER.

hE IS DAMN RIGHT, THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN DAMN FOOTBALL!

Jack saying transparency and accountability is words de government banding around..and he say he books get audited den show de foacking books or shut yuh stuttering pie hole de f**ker meet he match.

Bravo Mr. Hunt yuh is ah borse and whoebver say diferent is ah C@nt!

Yuh is ah true patriot and yuh doh play de arse..run yuh ministry as all other ministries should be run.

f**k TTFF, f**k Jack and f**k England

co-sign
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 22, 2008, 05:52:02 AM »

You serious!!!!

Who cares about English fans? You think they care about us?

The point is that Jack does not have a legit claim. He wants to continue to do as he pleases. This is the right time to stand up and air the issues because the stakes are high for JW. We the people really don't gain much from this game. This is not different to a big concert with Jay-Z or whoever you think is a superstar. This game is less about football than it is about entertainment. Hence the reason for Dwight and Latas playing. This is his spectacle for the Centennial.

Let him go to the Oval (freeco to him) if he wants. See how many great teams he can attract there.

It's great that the issues are being aired. By your reasoning the players should not have challenged Jack just so we could save face!

Think about what you are really saying.

TnT Patriot

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 22, 2008, 05:58:01 AM »
i find they didnt really deal with the issue at hand they beat around the bush with their previous battles
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 22, 2008, 06:04:25 AM »

You serious!!!!

Who cares about English fans? You think they care about us?

JC,
No setta English fans eh coming here for this game, they are staying away in droves from this game cuz dey done see through Jack and he foolishness....dem ent forget how he badmouth they football and know dis game is just an attempt to appease their FA and hopefully de UK FA would get his support for their bid for hosting WC 2018....now if only we Trinbagonians had de balls we woulda do de same....but since dat eh goh happen no time in my lifetime.....

GO BLACK IF YUH WANT JACK TO TRACK BACK.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 22, 2008, 06:09:45 AM »
EGO...........................Edge God/Good Out   hmmmmmm
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

truetrini

« Reply #1007 on: May 22, 2008, 07:11:05 AM »
Is Wim fault!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 07:23:49 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 22, 2008, 08:24:40 AM »
Is Wim fault!

Ah thought was Stern to blame...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 22, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »
well for sure i know is me and 4 others coming in black...so jus atleast 95 more needed  ;D
Back in Trini...

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 22, 2008, 10:13:59 AM »
Young Jack bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. When the farmer drove up the next day, he said, 'Sorry boy, but I have some bad news... de donkey is on my truck, but he dead.'

Jack replied, 'Well den, just give meh my money back.' The farmer said, 'I cyah do that. I went and spent it already.' Jack, 'OK then, just unload the donkey anyway.' The farmer asked, 'What yuh gonna do with him?'

Jack said, 'I going to raffle him off.' To which the farmer exclaimed, 'You cyah raffle off a dead donkey!' But Jack, with a big smile on his face, said 'Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody that he dead.'

A month later the farmer met up with Jack and asked, 'Wha happen with dat dead donkey?'

Jack said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece and made a huge profit' Totally amazed, the farmer asked, 'Didn't anyone complain that yuh had stolen their money because you lied about the donkey being dead?'

And jack replied, 'The only man who found out about the donkey being dead was the raffle winner, when he came to claim his prize. So I gave him his $2 back plus $200 extra, which is double the going value of a donkey, so he thought I was a great guy.'

Jack grew up and eventually became "special advisor to TTFF", and no matter how many times he lied or how much money he stole from the people of Trinidad, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen money, most of them thought he was a great guy.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 22, 2008, 10:29:36 AM »
Excellent time Agent d timing cyah b betta. Y is it dat when somebody appear confident peeps does say cocky.
Im all for wat Hunt is doing.....but seriously he was ketching rell kicks on Jack head and dais why ah say cocky........

People on here complaining about inflation and rising cost of living, yet this agreements been in place for 20 years. More government departments have to get out of their comfort zone like Hunt has and get tough. Problem is, if they get tough, many voters will not see the long term benefits and start whining and vote for Warners flunkies.

dis right here is 1 of the reasons T&T is a sinking ship as a nation..........for years everybody have been raping d country.......this is one of the few times somebody putting dey foot down.......and its in Sports........maybe Patrick Manning should let Hunt run some other Ministries too and apply this same principle

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 22, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
This might be out of context, but I read it today and thought of your protest.

Martin Luther King said:-

Now, we are poor people, individually, we are poor when you compare us with white society in America. We are poor.
Never stop and forget that collectively, that means all of us together, collectively we are richer than all the nation in the world, with the exception of nine.
Did you ever think about that?
After you leave the United States, Soviet Russia, Great Britain, West Germany, France, and I could name the others, the Negro collectively is richer than most nations of the world.
We have an annual income of more than thirty billion dollars a year, which is more than all of the exports of the United States, and more than the national budget of Canada.
 Did you know that?
That's power right there, if we know how to pool it. 

Powerful words from a man who knew how to lead and make people think, and bring about change just by using words.

Now think of what you guys want to achieve. Collectively, you have power.

Use it.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 22, 2008, 01:56:24 PM »
Why is every body missing my point!!!  west coast no need to explain!! i understand the whole shabbang. i watch the interview twice, once live and the other at 4 am.

i got the whole  3000 or 10% gate, old deal, new deal 10 % gate , and the minsiter waived it to $150,000.  yes i got that !! even my 6 yrs old would've gotten it too.

my point is as follows. the way ppl do things in the 3rd world is so unnessasary and painful, and that never cease to amaze the sensible.

all this crap could've been avoided, just like the impass , just like all the other simplistic disagreements that has taken place in recent yrs, if only ppl proceded with the proper proffesional approach /protocol. and this was no differant from all others!

now i not siding with mr warner in the least, i wiil always hold mr warner in contempt for his bullying ways, but i also live by a certin code of ethics, and the one that stands out will be equal rights, justice and fairness even for the oppressors. YES . JUSTICE FOR ALL.

i cant help but think that mr hunt was being somewhat of an antagonist and he has an axe to grind with jack, fine keep that out of the public eye and deal with it behind closed doors or preferably in an arena where that is most suitable , but not in public for crying out loud!

My point is, he should've stipulated this way before the game was even concieved , maybe this shoud've been done as soon as he took office. why wait until tickets were printed, and things set in motion to implement new guidelines, and don't tell me he didn't , he did!

BC that would mean you didn't watch the interview at all, and he certianly did that, he said it himself when Ms Dass ask him the question.

i could only think that this was political chess and have absolutly nothing to do with the love for country,the ppl, or concern for goverment funds.

i could've understood the arguement if he made it clear from the get go, that we are opperating under differant guidelines and we've changed the rental agreement for the use of all our sporting facilities.

but no, that was not discussed in the initial meeting , so it was understood that the same rental agreement applied, is only when he saw how much jack stood to make from this game, he opted to do what he did , now to me that's childish and playful.

then last night in the interview he said that he would bring it down to 150,000, which he dicided on yesterday in his press release.

now i don't give ah dam about politcal strife, BC to me that's what's mashing up trinidad & tobago, these two parties can't agree to work together for the advancment of T&T, and it shows even in a little sporting event.

PS: for all who saying  who gives a f#ck about england, well hear this . it's not about england , it's about how we are percieved in the world over.

the world is watching! ppl, and it doesn't do good for our image!! it's a pride thing man!! do you ppl have any sort of pride or shame ? 

this could've been handled in a far more proffesional manner , both the minister and the TTFF are at fault. they are playing politics, and the ppl are smack in the middle.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 01:59:38 PM by just cool »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 22, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »
Why is every body missing my point!!!  west coast no need to explain!! i understand the whole shabbang. i watch the interview twice, once live and the other at 4 am.

i got the whole  3000 or 10% gate, old deal, new deal 10 % gate , and the minsiter waived it to $150,000.  yes i got that !! even my 6 yrs old would've gotten it too.

my point is as follows. the way ppl do things in the 3rd world is so unnessasary and painful, and that never cease to amaze the sensible.

all this crap could've been avoided, just like the impass , just like all the other simplistic disagreements that has taken place in recent yrs, if only ppl proceded with the proper proffesional approach /protocol. and this was no differant from all others!

now i not siding with mr warner in the least, i wiil always hold mr warner in contempt for his bullying ways, but i also live by a certin code of ethics, and the one that stands out will be equal rights, justice and fairness even for the oppressors. YES . JUSTICE FOR ALL.

i cant help but think that mr hunt was being somewhat of an antagonist and he has an axe to grind with jack, fine keep that out of the public eye and deal with it behind closed doors or preferably in an arena where that is most suitable , but not in public for crying out loud!

My point is, he should've stipulated this way before the game was even concieved , maybe this shoud've been done as soon as he took office. why wait until tickets were printed, and things set in motion to implement new guidelines, and don't tell me he didn't , he did!

BC that would mean you didn't watch the interview at all, and he certianly did that, he said it himself when Ms Dass ask him the question.

i could only think that this was political chess and have absolutly nothing to do with the love for country,the ppl, or concern for goverment funds.

i could've understood the arguement if he made it clear from the get go, that we are opperating under differant guidelines and we've changed the rental agreement for the use of all our sporting facilities.

but no, that was not discussed in the initial meeting , so it was understood that the same rental agreement applied, is only when he saw how much jack stood to make from this game, he opted to do what he did , now to me that's childish and playful.

then last night in the interview he said that he would bring it down to 150,000, which he dicided on yesterday in his press release.

now i don't give ah dam about politcal strife, BC to me that's what's mashing up trinidad & tobago, these two parties can't agree to work together for the advancment of T&T, and it shows even in a little sporting event.

PS: for all who saying  who gives a f#ck about england, well hear this . it's not about england , it's about how we are percieved in the world over.

the world is watching! ppl, and it doesn't do good for our image!! it's a pride thing man!! do you ppl have any sort of pride or shame ? 

this could've been handled in a far more proffesional manner , both the minister and the TTFF are at fault. they are playing politics, and the ppl are smack in the middle.

:applause: excellent post!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 22, 2008, 02:52:51 PM »
Just Cool,
                 I care what the world thinks. This is the right time to do this. Let them know that we are not only about j"jam and wine" and drinking rum and coke under the coconut tree. Something is f....ing wrong is paradise. That is what we want the rest of the world to know. We wanted it resolved amicably, but is not going to happen so. Then we will use drastic measures.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 22, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »
JC, we all understand where you coming from, but it have to start somewhere and sometime...and the time is now!!. Plus watch who brought this in the public first...not hunt but TTFF who was looking for public pity...this could have been out of the public wyws if only they had met with the minister and fight it out behind closed doors.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 22, 2008, 03:12:27 PM »
JC, we all understand where you coming from, but it have to start somewhere and sometime...and the time is now!!. Plus watch who brought this in the public first...not hunt but TTFF who was looking for public pity...this could have been out of the public wyws if only they had met with the minister and fight it out behind closed doors.

Big Up!

Which is what I alluding to in a post under a different thread yesterday....de TTFF had this draft lease agreement since 15th May, but wait until we all trek down to Marvin Lee and pay we money and den cry foul....so yes JC we all understand where yuh coming from but yuh see when it come to Jack, he just trying to milk dis for all it's worth...

Yuh say Gary Hunt childish, how do you explain dat the Minister invite them to a meeting to discuss football since April 8th but the TTFF never turn up....and what about the elusive audited accounts that the Ministry asking for how long now....according to Jack dey done finish....so why he eh turn dem over to the Ministry yet.....steups...

Jackula could go jump in a lake for all I care and as for us being embarrassed by how the world sees us....trust mih Jackula doing that all by himself everyday he and his croonies are in charge of our football....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 22, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »
Yuh know what I find hard to understand...from the time Hunt came into office he has signaled that this won't be a case of business as usual... clear and transparent accountability would be the name of the game.  He signaled this LONG f**kING TIME AGO.  Obviously, where this applies has to be addressed on a CASE BY CASE basis. He can't peremptorily say this is the procedure that it will apply to every single situation in the future.  All he can do is speak in terms of generalities until the specific situations arise.

What...Gary Hunt was suppose to f**king spell out what policy changes vis-a-vis stadium rentals would be the day he got into office?  Bullshit.  You deal with stadium rental as it comes up and address the particulars of that situation as it arises.  You think HC stadium was on his mind the day he got appointed?  Look the man even say that the situation is presently before Cabinet....it is clear that is only now the situation is being addressed because it has only just come up.  The man ent God he can't address everything all at once at the same time.  Idiots who can't read keep talking about "initial meeting"... there WAS NO INITIAL meeting.  When Hunt call them to meet they refuse to show up and instead sent everybody's favorite pothound, Shaun Fuentes with a camera in hand to tape the conference.  The meeting was with that Stephen fella who did not have the authority to implement any new changes, and NO AGREEMENT ON RENTAL price was reached.  Allyuh keep falling fuh de ole rope-a-facking-dope...Go read Om Lalla letter and find the date on which the agreement was reached on price.  The letter clearly states that as of the last meeting on May 15th...pricing terms were to be deferred until later.

Who want to continue to construe this as "political chess" either can't fackin read for understanding or is a damn ass.

1]; } ?>