April 24, 2024, 06:29:02 PM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 287614 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JACK WARNER AND GARY HUNT - CNC3 - 8.35PM - TONIGHT
« Reply #1020 on: May 22, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »
Yuh know what I find hard to understand...from the time Hunt came into office he has signaled that this won't be a case of business as usual... clear and transparent accountability would be the name of the game.  He signaled this LONG f**kING TIME AGO.  Obviously, where this applies has to be addressed on a CASE BY CASE basis. He can't peremptorily say this is the procedure that it will apply to every single situation in the future.  All he can do is speak in terms of generalities until the specific situations arise.

What...Gary Hunt was suppose to f**king spell out what policy changes vis-a-vis stadium rentals would be the day he got into office?  Bullshit.  You deal with stadium rental as it comes up and address the particulars of that situation as it arises.  You think HC stadium was on his mind the day he got appointed?  Look the man even say that the situation is presently before Cabinet....it is clear that is only now the situation is being addressed because it has only just come up.  The man ent God he can't address everything all at once at the same time.  Idiots who can't read keep talking about "initial meeting"... there WAS NO INITIAL meeting.  When Hunt call them to meet they refuse to show up and instead sent everybody's favorite pothound, Shaun Fuentes with a camera in hand to tape the conference.  The meeting was with that Stephen fella who did not have the authority to implement any new changes, and NO AGREEMENT ON RENTAL price was reached.  Allyuh keep falling fuh de ole rope-a-facking-dope...Go read Om Lalla letter and find the date on which the agreement was reached on price.  The letter clearly states that as of the last meeting on May 15th...pricing terms were to be deferred until later.

Who want to continue to construe this as "political chess" either can't fackin read for understanding or is a damn ass.

ah thump meh desk with this one!  :applause:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 22, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
All I can say is big up to SW.net
The calibre of the posts on this MB has really been top class and the analysis is profound and passionate. Ah feel real proud as a Trini to see the depth. May it continue ....

Thank you Jackula fuh waking us out of deep slumber. Thank you.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 22, 2008, 03:32:52 PM »
Young Jack bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. When the farmer drove up the next day, he said, 'Sorry boy, but I have some bad news... de donkey is on my truck, but he dead.'

Jack replied, 'Well den, just give meh my money back.' The farmer said, 'I cyah do that. I went and spent it already.' Jack, 'OK then, just unload the donkey anyway.' The farmer asked, 'What yuh gonna do with him?'

Jack said, 'I going to raffle him off.' To which the farmer exclaimed, 'You cyah raffle off a dead donkey!' But Jack, with a big smile on his face, said 'Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody that he dead.'

A month later the farmer met up with Jack and asked, 'Wha happen with dat dead donkey?'

Jack said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece and made a huge profit' Totally amazed, the farmer asked, 'Didn't anyone complain that yuh had stolen their money because you lied about the donkey being dead?'

And jack replied, 'The only man who found out about the donkey being dead was the raffle winner, when he came to claim his prize. So I gave him his $2 back plus $200 extra, which is double the going value of a donkey, so he thought I was a great guy.'

Jack grew up and eventually became "special advisor to TTFF", and no matter how many times he lied or how much money he stole from the people of Trinidad, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen money, most of them thought he was a great guy.

Classic

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 22, 2008, 03:33:31 PM »
Just Cool,
                 I care what the world thinks. This is the right time to do this. Let them know that we are not only about j"jam and wine" and drinking rum and coke under the coconut tree. Something is f....ing wrong is paradise. That is what we want the rest of the world to know. We wanted it resolved amicably, but is not going to happen so. Then we will use drastic measures.

Awesome.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 03:55:36 PM by dreamer »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 22, 2008, 03:35:09 PM »
Probably solid points by B&S. Cyah disagree nah, but I am following as best as I can

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 22, 2008, 03:38:34 PM »
Yuh know what I find hard to understand...from the time Hunt came into office he has signaled that this won't be a case of business as usual... clear and transparent accountability would be the name of the game.  He signaled this LONG f**kING TIME AGO.  Obviously, where this applies has to be addressed on a CASE BY CASE basis. He can't peremptorily say this is the procedure that it will apply to every single situation in the future.  All he can do is speak in terms of generalities until the specific situations arise.

What...Gary Hunt was suppose to f**king spell out what policy changes vis-a-vis stadium rentals would be the day he got into office?  Bullshit.  You deal with stadium rental as it comes up and address the particulars of that situation as it arises.  You think HC stadium was on his mind the day he got appointed?  Look the man even say that the situation is presently before Cabinet....it is clear that is only now the situation is being addressed because it has only just come up.  The man ent God he can't address everything all at once at the same time.  Idiots who can't read keep talking about "initial meeting"... there WAS NO INITIAL meeting.  When Hunt call them to meet they refuse to show up and instead sent everybody's favorite pothound, Shaun Fuentes with a camera in hand to tape the conference.  The meeting was with that Stephen fella who did not have the authority to implement any new changes, and NO AGREEMENT ON RENTAL price was reached.  Allyuh keep falling fuh de ole rope-a-facking-dope...Go read Om Lalla letter and find the date on which the agreement was reached on price.  The letter clearly states that as of the last meeting on May 15th...pricing terms were to be deferred until later.

Who want to continue to construe this as "political chess" either can't fackin read for understanding or is a damn ass.

Bakes, men just want to see the 3 Lions so anything or anyone who oppose the game or try to "stick a spoke in the wheel" will be playing politics. Imagine the minister drop the 10% and say I will give alyuh ah lil bligh, and JW still crying and men here backing up JW. If JW had the people best interest in mind he would of whip out the black card or the concacaf check book and pay the minister laughing. Asd a matter of fact he could of given a $200 000. But JW bad mind, is all or nothing. Yuh feel the minister eh want to see the Hengland game too. That's why he begging JW for tickets.
A few days ago after the QC ruling in the players money case men was beating JW like a good friday bobolie, now JW is the victim. How fast we forget.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 22, 2008, 07:04:36 PM »
Probably solid points by B&S. Cyah disagree nah, but I am following as best as I can

Dreamer leh mih tell yuh eh...I know game and could recognize it when I see it.  Jack Jedi game strong dred.  I doh think people understand de heights of skullduggery we dealing with here enuh, lol.  Jack is a master of subtleties and it tying up de public head bad.  It ent easy to follow eh, but yuh have to take yuh time and piece it together.  Read Lalla letter again, ah think there are three points where he mention the agreement on the lease price and specifically that THAT particular term (rental fee) was being deferred until later on. 

Ask yuhself, as a tenant, why would something as critical as that (for most people that's the whole pie right there, "how much to rent this place") would be deferred? Now think of the situation...Jack want the best possible facilities, this ent Bim or Bermuda we playing after all...and this not fuh TV6 broadcast.  My bet is that the pitch we will see is unlike anything we've seen in quite some time.  Who knows what other upgrades to the physical plant are in the works as well... remember that every camera angle will be covered, so electrical upgrades of some degree are to be expected.  So it is clear these upgrades must be factored into the cost of renting the facility...and it is clear that ONLY AFTER sourcing the materials and labor etc. could estimates be included in the cost...in short it would take time.  Jack and dem knew this, which is why they didn't press for a price immediately.

When Hunt forwarded the proposed lease what kill Jack dead was the fact that they wouldn't get away with renting the HC for $3,000 TT.  See the 10% thing was always there, but they could always hide ticket numbers and what not to avoid paying more than $3,000.  Remember, is either $3,000 or 10% WHICHEVER IS GREATER.  So now that Jack outsmart heself and run and hold big release gloating about how he sell out de match in less than 24 hours (or whatever it was), with the stratified pricing (covered, uncovered and VIP seating...with exactly how many of each available) being public domain now (everybody know exactly how much seat sell, and for how much) ...since he wanted to boast and tell we everything sell out, is simple math now to figure out how much money is to be made from the gate. 

Using that figure, Hunt now say "we asking either $150K or the usual 10%...but guess what, gate receipts add up to $9M...so 10% of that mean they owe de Ministry $900,000.  Enough to make ah criminal bawl...and bawl he did.  Obviously it go hurt when yuh plan on paying $3K and now hearing that yuh either have to pay $150k or $900,000k...regardless whether yuh could afford it or not, it will still hurt.  Yuh miss de part whey dey was boldface enough to ask the Ministry to forego charging dem anything at all or what? lol...then they say they withdrew that request b/c the Ministry wasn't cooperating.  No shit....freeco days done.

Now mind you looming in the background is the fact that Jack just took a very public ass-whipping in front of everybody with this arbitration ruling.  I don't think he wanted too much focus on that with the BBC and whomever else here.  So throw up an elaborate smoke screen...threaten to cancel the game...last minute play hero and say "this is unfair what the gov't is doing, but we'll take one for the public and still hold the game"... and before you know it arbitration talk on de back burner whey de public concerned.  De man smart and conniving, he eh reach where he is in FIFA by mistake.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 07:09:31 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 22, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »
Bakes, men just want to see the 3 Lions so anything or anyone who oppose the game or try to "stick a spoke in the wheel" will be playing politics. Imagine the minister drop the 10% and say I will give alyuh ah lil bligh, and JW still crying and men here backing up JW. If JW had the people best interest in mind he would of whip out the black card or the concacaf check book and pay the minister laughing. Asd a matter of fact he could of given a $200 000. But JW bad mind, is all or nothing. Yuh feel the minister eh want to see the Hengland game too. That's why he begging JW for tickets.
A few days ago after the QC ruling in the players money case men was beating JW like a good friday bobolie, now JW is the victim. How fast we forget.

Elan me eh much different, I want to see them too...me eh shame to say that I is ah man grow up rooting fuh England in de WC, but I real like how Hunt moving dred...Jack meet he match.  Ah was disappointed that Hunt dress back from de 10% talk and say he go take de $150k instead eh.  Like somebody say, rather than telling Jack gimmih dat and put something into development...I woulda rather see them take de whole $900k and apportion it deyself, but even so this is a good PR move.  Hunt cyah lose on dat, b/c at de end of the day he could claim de high road by cutting de TTFF some slack, while at the same time placing the onus square on the TTFF to produce where youth development is concerned.  Stroke of near genius.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 22, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »
Why is every body missing my point!!!  west coast no need to explain!! i understand the whole shabbang. i watch the interview twice, once live and the other at 4 am.

i got the whole  3000 or 10% gate, old deal, new deal 10 % gate , and the minsiter waived it to $150,000.  yes i got that !! even my 6 yrs old would've gotten it too.

my point is as follows. the way ppl do things in the 3rd world is so unnessasary and painful, and that never cease to amaze the sensible.

all this crap could've been avoided, just like the impass , just like all the other simplistic disagreements that has taken place in recent yrs, if only ppl proceded with the proper proffesional approach /protocol. and this was no differant from all others!

now i not siding with mr warner in the least, i wiil always hold mr warner in contempt for his bullying ways, but i also live by a certin code of ethics, and the one that stands out will be equal rights, justice and fairness even for the oppressors. YES . JUSTICE FOR ALL.

i cant help but think that mr hunt was being somewhat of an antagonist and he has an axe to grind with jack, fine keep that out of the public eye and deal with it behind closed doors or preferably in an arena where that is most suitable , but not in public for crying out loud!

My point is, he should've stipulated this way before the game was even concieved , maybe this shoud've been done as soon as he took office. why wait until tickets were printed, and things set in motion to implement new guidelines, and don't tell me he didn't , he did!

BC that would mean you didn't watch the interview at all, and he certianly did that, he said it himself when Ms Dass ask him the question.

i could only think that this was political chess and have absolutly nothing to do with the love for country,the ppl, or concern for goverment funds.

i could've understood the arguement if he made it clear from the get go, that we are opperating under differant guidelines and we've changed the rental agreement for the use of all our sporting facilities.

but no, that was not discussed in the initial meeting , so it was understood that the same rental agreement applied, is only when he saw how much jack stood to make from this game, he opted to do what he did , now to me that's childish and playful.

then last night in the interview he said that he would bring it down to 150,000, which he dicided on yesterday in his press release.

now i don't give ah dam about politcal strife, BC to me that's what's mashing up trinidad & tobago, these two parties can't agree to work together for the advancment of T&T, and it shows even in a little sporting event.

PS: for all who saying  who gives a f#ck about england, well hear this . it's not about england , it's about how we are percieved in the world over.

the world is watching! ppl, and it doesn't do good for our image!! it's a pride thing man!! do you ppl have any sort of pride or shame ? 

this could've been handled in a far more proffesional manner , both the minister and the TTFF are at fault. they are playing politics, and the ppl are smack in the middle.

:applause: excellent post!
Sorry but this is nonsense.

The only people with this viewpoint are those that just want to see the game at any cost. You don't want us to look 3rd world but we should condone corruption just so the game will play.

All this talk about how we are percieved in the world is nonsense. Because of how notoriously corrupt Jack is we are percieved as a banana republic where he is above the laws. England never wanted to play this game anyway and are only coming in exchange for votes to WC 20018. If the game gets cancelled it will be a little blip that will be forgotten after 1 day. However, Jack will look like an ass and I have no problem with that.

TnT Patriot

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 22, 2008, 07:41:08 PM »
bake and shark next thing you know jack go be offering u ah job. l ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 22, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
Keep sloggin' away B&S. If I have a problem with yuh arguments I'll let you know.
The awareness on SW.net has improved by leaps ansd bounds. Everybody doing his/her li'l part. I happy right now. More of the truth will be exposed with more shocking revelations. I promise. Stay tuned.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 22, 2008, 08:24:48 PM »
Mr. Warner has had an unobstructed road to drive  on for the past 30 years and suddenly he has encountered something  but he cannot determine whether it is a speed bump or a wasa size pothole .......lets see if he $lows down or $peeds up...or perhaps even change directions...it will be interesting

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 22, 2008, 08:51:49 PM »
bake and shark next thing you know jack go be offering u ah job. l ;D

Me dred?  De only reason Jack go want me close is so he could slip rat poison in mih Shandy...or fuh Fuentes tuh fling bottle behind mih head  :rotfl:

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 22, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »
Ah really want to do some research, but ah goh ask men out here fus....please...it has been burning me for de past couple years....How de hell Jack Warner end up FIFA vice president?.....what line ah progression he went chroo.....promoted from what?, qualified chroo what?.........not to throw off de topic, but somebody help meh please ah begging.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 23, 2008, 02:32:06 AM »
Why is every body missing my point!!!  west coast no need to explain!! i understand the whole shabbang. i watch the interview twice, once live and the other at 4 am.

i got the whole  3000 or 10% gate, old deal, new deal 10 % gate , and the minsiter waived it to $150,000.  yes i got that !! even my 6 yrs old would've gotten it too.

my point is as follows. the way ppl do things in the 3rd world is so unnessasary and painful, and that never cease to amaze the sensible.

all this crap could've been avoided, just like the impass , just like all the other simplistic disagreements that has taken place in recent yrs, if only ppl proceded with the proper proffesional approach /protocol. and this was no differant from all others!

now i not siding with mr warner in the least, i wiil always hold mr warner in contempt for his bullying ways, but i also live by a certin code of ethics, and the one that stands out will be equal rights, justice and fairness even for the oppressors. YES . JUSTICE FOR ALL.

i cant help but think that mr hunt was being somewhat of an antagonist and he has an axe to grind with jack, fine keep that out of the public eye and deal with it behind closed doors or preferably in an arena where that is most suitable , but not in public for crying out loud!

My point is, he should've stipulated this way before the game was even concieved , maybe this shoud've been done as soon as he took office. why wait until tickets were printed, and things set in motion to implement new guidelines, and don't tell me he didn't , he did!

BC that would mean you didn't watch the interview at all, and he certianly did that, he said it himself when Ms Dass ask him the question.

i could only think that this was political chess and have absolutly nothing to do with the love for country,the ppl, or concern for goverment funds.

i could've understood the arguement if he made it clear from the get go, that we are opperating under differant guidelines and we've changed the rental agreement for the use of all our sporting facilities.

but no, that was not discussed in the initial meeting , so it was understood that the same rental agreement applied, is only when he saw how much jack stood to make from this game, he opted to do what he did , now to me that's childish and playful.

then last night in the interview he said that he would bring it down to 150,000, which he dicided on yesterday in his press release.

now i don't give ah dam about politcal strife, BC to me that's what's mashing up trinidad & tobago, these two parties can't agree to work together for the advancment of T&T, and it shows even in a little sporting event.

PS: for all who saying  who gives a f#ck about england, well hear this . it's not about england , it's about how we are percieved in the world over.

the world is watching! ppl, and it doesn't do good for our image!! it's a pride thing man!! do you ppl have any sort of pride or shame ? 

this could've been handled in a far more proffesional manner , both the minister and the TTFF are at fault. they are playing politics, and the ppl are smack in the middle.
Just Cool, this whole thing have me too tired to get into a Response right now but in the mean time read these posts by BnS
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=36054.msg429740#msg429740
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=36054.msg429793#msg429793
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:34:34 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 23, 2008, 03:42:37 AM »
Ah really want to do some research, but ah goh ask men out here fus....please...it has been burning me for de past couple years....How de hell Jack Warner end up FIFA vice president?.....what line ah progression he went chroo.....promoted from what?, qualified chroo what?.........not to throw off de topic, but somebody help meh please ah begging.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jack was sacked as president by TTFF after the overselling of tickets fiasco. He then reappeared a few months later when he stood for election as Vice President of FIFA. I seem to recall there was something fishy there as well. However, he was voted in and even though he was guilty of the mis selling of tickets , he bacame special adviser to TTFF.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 23, 2008, 04:07:19 AM »
Some ppl just like the sound of their own voice. bottom line is the whole thing was handled less than professional. when ah man is an elected official he should address every aspect of his plans to the ppl he would be dealing with directly, whether he does so on his 1st day or his 30th, it must be done to keep the peace, and a professional working relationship.

those two men are assh@les, very unprofessional and they should be relieved of their responsibilities at once.i don't care for either of them and their modusopperandi.

men talking bout some of us just want to see the 3 lions, and we eh care bout corruption. hell yeah we want to see the lions! why not ! don't you ? that's the reason why we're all members of socawariorrs.net, to talk and watch football and support the warriors, about corruption, one game will not solve an on going past time amongst old theifin fellas.

i'm gonna be a little shallow here. yes i want the game to play , no i don't give ah f@ck if jack get's richer off this match,

yes i've suffered long enough , and i want to see a quality match with some of our best players,

no i don't believe that playing the match will be a continuation of jacks strong hold on T&T football, nor do i believe it's setting a bad example.

we are football lovers not politicians, the whole of trinidad & tobago is muthaf#ckin corrupt, from the PM on down to the little tiefin bandit hiding in ah dark alley, assH@le yuh think stopping one game could put an end to our favorite past time (STEALING).

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:55:11 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
jack on cnc3 right now.
« Reply #1037 on: May 23, 2008, 04:25:25 AM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:27:17 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
No Owen or Jenas?
« Reply #1038 on: May 23, 2008, 04:33:34 AM »
Owen set to miss England matches 
bbc.co.uk

Newcastle striker Michael Owen is likely to miss England's forthcoming friendlies against United States and Trinidad & Tobago because of a virus.

Owen did not report for England duty on Friday and is not expected to play against the USA at Wembley on Wednesday or in Port of Spain on 1 June.

Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas is also out with an ankle problem.

Owen's absence will give the likes of Dean Ashton and Gabriel Agbonlahor a chance to stake a place in the team.

An England statement said: "Ahead of England's friendlies against USA and Trinidad and Tobago, the England squad has seen two changes.

"Michael Owen was unable to report due to an infectious virus and is expected to be out for both games, while Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Jermaine Jenas reported with an ankle injury and has returned home.

"The nine players from Manchester United and Chelsea who were involved in the Champions League final in Moscow on Wednesday evening, will report for England on Saturday.

"David Beckham will report on Sunday, after LA Galaxy's game with Kansas City on Saturday."

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 23, 2008, 04:52:32 AM »

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jack was sacked as president by TTFF after the overselling of tickets fiasco. He then reappeared a few months later when he stood for election as Vice President of FIFA. I seem to recall there was something fishy there as well. However, he was voted in and even though he was guilty of the mis selling of tickets , he bacame special adviser to TTFF.

Research is good. :-) JAck was never the TTFF/TTFA President; He was their General Secretary from 1971 or thereabouts to 1989. Pete O Connor was te President in the period leading up to the ticket fiasco and was replaced on an interim basis by Major Ralph Bodkyn shortly after the TTFA went bankrupt

Check this post
The aftershocks of Trinidad and Tobago’s failure to qualify for the World Cup in Italy 1990, were far and wide.The unrelenting pressure over the overcrowding of the stadium and the overselling of tickets, left Warner with no choice but to resign.Warner announced his resignation from the TTFA at the annual prize giving function in December and immediately started his campaign to head CONCACAF.
After a most volatile campaign and a hostile meeting in Guatemala City on April 28, 1990, he became the first Caribbean man to be elected president of the organisation, replacing Mexican Soria Joaquin Terrazzas.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 23, 2008, 05:09:19 AM »
those two men are assh@les, very unprofessional and they should be relieved of their responsibilities at once.i don't care for either of them and their modusopperandi.
JustCool, the ONLY organisation that has consistently acted in a very unprofessional way has been the TTFF with encouragement of their Spetial Advithor, Austin "Jackula" Warner.
Could you Please read the Posts by BnS again
Much Thanks

Research is good. :-) JAck was never the TTFF/TTFA President; He was their General Secretary from 1971 or thereabouts to 1989. Pete O Connor was te President in the period leading up to the ticket fiasco and was replaced on an interim basis by Major Ralph Bodkyn shortly after the TTFA went bankrupt

Check this post
The aftershocks of Trinidad and Tobago’s failure to qualify for the World Cup in Italy 1990, were far and wide.The unrelenting pressure over the overcrowding of the stadium and the overselling of tickets, left Warner with no choice but to resign.Warner announced his resignation from the TTFA at the annual prize giving function in December and immediately started his campaign to head CONCACAF.
After a most volatile campaign and a hostile meeting in Guatemala City on April 28, 1990, he became the first Caribbean man to be elected president of the organisation, replacing Mexican Soria Joaquin Terrazzas.
This Post by Dreamer may fill in some holes about his CONCACAF days with partner, Chuck Blazer
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=24764.msg271291#msg271291
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 05:16:00 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).
« Reply #1041 on: May 23, 2008, 06:42:05 AM »
England's friendly match against Trinidad and Tobago on 1 June could be cancelled in a domestic row over rental terms for the stadium.

The country's Ministry of Sports owns the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

But the Caribbean nation's football federation (TTFF) are in dispute with them over advertising and rental fees.

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner, a TTFF special advisor, said unless the terms of the agreement were changed the England match would be cancelled.

"If the sports minister does not answer and withdraw this agreement, we have authorised our attorney to file an injunction to restrain the minister for imposing these conditions," he said.

"If the injunction fails, the match fails, I refund people their money and apologise to the world.

"If the injunction wins, then the game is on. If the minister chooses to withdraw this today, then there is no injunction, the game is on."

A letter from the TTFF's attorney, published in the local media on Wednesday, said the conditions demanded by the ministry "will result in a breach of contract with the English FA and may result in a cancellation of the match".

The dispute is the latest in a series of rows involving the TTFF and comes after it was ordered by an arbitration panel in London this week to pay its 2006 World Cup squad extensive bonuses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7413946.stm

It has arrived in the UK..... Thanks Gary c**t..Thanks

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
CL players could miss T&T Clash?
« Reply #1043 on: May 23, 2008, 11:21:24 AM »
mods. merge if you see fit..

Capello lays down law on call-ups   

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7416439.stm

England Coach Fabio Capello will have the final say whether Manchester United and Chelsea players will travel with England for the Trinidad & Tobago game.

Nine players involved in the Champions League final are due to report for England on Saturday ahead of Wednesday's match against the USA.

However, it remains unclear whether they will travel for the 1 June game.

"I'll decide - if I want them to go then they'll go," he told the BBC in his first interview in English.

"We are one England team and we wear one England shirt," he added on Football Focus.

Meanwhile, Newcastle striker Michael Owen is likely to miss the forthcoming friendlies because of a virus.

Owen did not report for England duty on Friday and is not expected to play against the USA at Wembley or in Port of Spain the following Sunday.

Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas is also out with an ankle problem.

Owen's absence will give the likes of Dean Ashton and Gabriel Agbonlahor a chance to stake a place in the team.

An England statement said: "Ahead of England's friendlies against USA and Trinidad and Tobago, the England squad has seen two changes.

"Michael Owen was unable to report due to an infectious virus and is expected to be out for both games, while Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Jermaine Jenas reported with an ankle injury and has returned home.

"The nine players from Manchester United and Chelsea who were involved in the Champions League final in Moscow on Wednesday evening, will report for England on Saturday.

"David Beckham will report on Sunday, after LA Galaxy's game with Kansas City on Saturday."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CL players could miss T&T Clash?
« Reply #1044 on: May 23, 2008, 11:25:31 AM »
So is d under 20 dat comin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 23, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »
Damage control by de FA i sure.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 23, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »
So is d under 20 dat comin
Doubt it...may not be the English players of Man U and Chelsea who played in the CL final but you will deinitley see a team of premiership players

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 23, 2008, 12:05:35 PM »
D FA went 2 bed with a dog and eh expect 2 get fleas
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 23, 2008, 01:01:06 PM »
This is not surprising. A couple of years ago they went to the US and the team that played was enventually called a "C" team. I think Kieran Richardson scored a couple of goals and England won 2-0. It was always likely that the top players like Becks, Rooney, Gerrard, and Lampard, etc wouldn't end up playing.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 23, 2008, 01:08:05 PM »
Tickets, tickets anyone?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>