April 26, 2024, 12:06:06 AM

Author Topic: Warner: No W/Cup games here!  (Read 15477 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: No W/Cup games here!
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2008, 09:35:57 AM »
Omar ask yuhself how much money d TTFF does get from FIFA plus with a lil accountability is d govt of TNT accountability is a joke but with JW is a bad joke. This in conjunction with a lil sponsorship and u go c dat dey cries of no money is dat just a cry

WHAT MAKE ALLYUH THINK THE T&T FOOTBALL FEDERATION CAN BE SELF SUFFICIENT?

1) why every other FA could achieve self-sufficiency and not us?

2) who is to say that TTFF isn't self-sufficient already? you really willing to take them at their word when they release their numbers? or when they don't release their numbers?

What makes you think our FA can be self sufficient when we have 1000 people going to our opening World Cup qualifier??

And even taking into account that this game which was stiffly priced.

How many fans attend our pro league games which are priced reasonably for the average citizen. Which other self sufficient FAs are working with this attendance level?

Allyuh take allyuh head out the sand and recognize that the demographic of Trinidad & Tobago is not what it was in the 1970s and 1980s when people went to Intercol, Club and National team in droves. The same thing goes for cricket which is experiencing the same issues.

Trinbagonians right now are not Trinbagonians of yesteryear and they have alot of other things to do than study football except when the big games come around. They have a business or a hustle to run, a TV to watch, an Internet to log on to.. We are no longer a footballing nation in the true sense.

Now that I have painted a brief picture of the market we're catering to..

once again..

What makes you think the TTFA can be self sufficient??

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2008, 09:47:30 AM »
1) Jack has probably negotiated with US soccer Federation and other officials to get venues here for next to nothing
2) He can charge alot more money for tickets in the USA
3) Since its a home game, gate receipts will be TTFA's
4) If the game is held in USA, there will be more total fan turnout, because of the large latin american populations here
5) We still need to beat Bermuda[/color][/b]

1.  He cannot negotiate with the US Soccer Federation for the use of any of the stadiums b/c I do not believe they own any.
2.  Charge more money??  Yuh mad o' what.  He charging the same price right now just divide the trini price by 6.  Plus there is no guarantee that there will be more people at the games.  You think I paying $100.00 US to see trini play?  Allyuh joking yes.
3.  True....but there will also be greater overhead.
4.  I don't no about that.  I went to our game vs USA in Connecticut in 2005 and we didn't have that much people there compared to the US fans.
5.  I agree!!
Arimian to meh heart

TrinInfinite

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »
de real reason TI want games tuh play in NA, is so he couldgo tuh all dem games and after every game Hardest go t'row him he sweaty jersey after the game. steuuuuupes!

He can take the team to the moon but he cannot use the name Trinidad and Tobago. If him he use the name, the govt  should sue FIFA and Jackass Warner for name infringement. Who the Fk this jackass think he is. Please bring you game to Giant Stadium the new york formites gwan fix is wagon. I personally will pay for a flyby, with a sign mark " Tiefing Jackass Warner" to pass out the stadium.

see you at the game family and the other 30 000 trinis or more, after we beat bermuda i already looking to book a ticket  :devil:

God is de BOSS....

Fittingly contradicting....

A BS statement ended with a devil and then yuh top dat off with God is de boss...

I got one too.. In God we trust.  Look for it on de back of de US dollar bill,  right before Jack take it from yuh.. Jack go be laughing then... laughing at you.

money is material to me breddah, yuh cant take it to heaven so really i dont really care, its the satisfaction i will get from seeing our national team and supporting, jw in the fold years now and man complaining, but which person stepping up to the plate to put out their money to invest in we football? i ent seeing any takers, for the while i will support because for instance tt play cuba in miami, guess who filling the stadium? cubans, we play the guats, guess who coming out? guatamalans and of course the us in la or foxboro, so really, why shouldnt i go and see my team, either way jw making a killingm with or without us and who taking actions to stop him, so far no one, hunt just delaying the process.

God is de BOSS....

not surprising... yuh is a EX-pat right.....Yuh sound proud.... Yuh dont have to drive from Canada it have a WAGON leaveing from your town. It go pick up all de WAGGONIST so yuh could save yuh money... but then that is only material anyway.

doh worry ill send both of allyuh a wagon when we make the world cup, bc allyuh will be there, i could boycott all the games in the US but jw will still make money, the team will stay keep on playing and if we make the world cup, allyuh asses will still attend or watch the bloody games, so answer this question if we make the world cup, allyuh wouldnt support?

like i said before, boycotting the games wouldnt chane a damn ting, unless we get a private investment group who wants to put their money where their mouth is and take over we football and the govt will support them, hopefully bc we all know how they is, then and only then jw will be gone, otherwise, jw will rule and was ruling when we make the world cup.

God is de BOSS....

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2008, 09:49:51 AM »
Omar I do not think the self sufficent in the way that the English FA can be but I dont see why if the FA was run as a proper company with transperancy and acccountability that it couldnt be. Becuase then the government would be more willing to give grants and subsidise it like they do other sports

I sure If I ran the TTFF I could make a profit after two years !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2008, 09:55:56 AM »
The TTFF is a private company, if it is not self sufficient then it would have to fail or hire a more competent set of managers who can receive the support and trust of the public and sponsors.
Mr Hunt do not submit to blackmail with the taxpayers money. The people of Trinidad and Tobago have voted with their pocket book by the poor attendance at games. 10% is more than reasonable to pay for the rental of the stadium. Jack Warner has his own agenda, he has managed to turn the focus away from having to pay the 2006 players their rightful due, into a sideshow concerning Hunt and the stadium. This is merely another distraction. There are still people in "rich" Trinidad and Tobago without basic necessities such as water. Let's get our priorties straight.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:21:08 AM by TakeNoPrisoners »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2008, 10:10:09 AM »
Omar ask yuhself how much money d TTFF does get from FIFA plus with a lil accountability is d govt of TNT accountability is a joke but with JW is a bad joke. This in conjunction with a lil sponsorship and u go c dat dey cries of no money is dat just a cry

1) why every other FA could achieve self-sufficiency and not us?

2) who is to say that TTFF isn't self-sufficient already? you really willing to take them at their word when they release their numbers? or when they don't release their numbers?

What makes you think our FA can be self sufficient when we have 1000 people going to our opening World Cup qualifier??

And even taking into account that this game which was stiffly priced.

How many fans attend our pro league games which are priced reasonably for the average citizen. Which other self sufficient FAs are working with this attendance level?

Allyuh take allyuh head out the sand and recognize that the demographic of Trinidad & Tobago is not what it was in the 1970s and 1980s when people went to Intercol, Club and National team in droves. The same thing goes for cricket which is experiencing the same issues.

Trinbagonians right now are not Trinbagonians of yesteryear and they have alot of other things to do than study football except when the big games come around. They have a business or a hustle to run, a TV to watch, an Internet to log on to.. We are no longer a footballing nation in the true sense.

Now that I have painted a brief picture of the market we're catering to..

once again..

What makes you think the TTFA can be self sufficient??

ok, so now we going in circles.   if we had a better run organization we would have a better product on the field and going along with that there would be more fans. 

not everybody is a diehard.  plenty people ent even know we was playing bermuda and those who did know wasn't sure about the venue till the last minute.  would that have been enough to make a profit on that particular game?  maybe not, but it's symptomatic of the underlying problem: too much bacchanal accompanying every single detail.

maybe if things were better run, we'd have increased levels of corporate sponsorship?

Also, go back to the numbers TTFF used to release for the last hex.  stadium empty, they claim they lose money.  stadium pack, they claim they lose money.  the consensus on the forum for each report was that at least a few of the dollar values were implausible.

the same setta people that boast about all the millions they get from adidas and ebay and then when it's time to pay the players they say that they just barely break even.

then of course there is the fact that FIFA does give everybody appropriate levels of subvention money.   self-sufficiency doesn't depend solely on gate receipts. 

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2008, 10:21:52 AM »
de real reason TI want games tuh play in NA, is so he couldgo tuh all dem games and after every game Hardest go t'row him he sweaty jersey after the game. steuuuuupes!

:D

First Hardest reference in ah TI thread in months

who goin for the second? third?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2008, 10:36:01 AM »
Omar does real disappoint meh sometimes...

You know how much solutions we put forward on this board over the years toward TTFF self-sufficiency without Jack....

Disgruntled too... all that money Jack put in.. he appropriate double that off the TTFF head....

Here is one... why it is Jack Warner and not the TTFF own the Trinidadian and Caribbean television rights? That is most FA's biggest revenue stream right there outside of sponsorships but Jack Warner own it...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

TrinInfinite

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2008, 10:44:59 AM »

You know how much solutions we put forward on this board over the years toward TTFF self-sufficiency without Jack....

Disgruntled too... all that money Jack put in.. he appropriate double that off the TTFF head....

Here is one... why it is Jack Warner and not the TTFF own the Trinidadian and Caribbean television rights? That is most FA's biggest revenue stream right there outside of sponsorships but Jack Warner own it...

i think people too hard headed to understand that FF, in order for you to control the rights you have to control the fa and jack controls ttff and concacaf, in order to take away that power a private investor with pull and money needs to step into the framework, with the support of the govt of tt giving full support, monetary support that is, this has not happened bc no one has stepped up and volunteered to invest in our football, jw has taken advantage of the lack of interest by private  investors.

God is de BOSS....

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2008, 10:45:47 AM »

exactly.  people does act as if Jack is a mixed blessing.  what exactly we get from Jack that wouldn't have been achieved with a well-run accountable organization?

something else that most people might not remember: when the WC bonus issue was a more prominent issue, part of the TTFF's stance was that some of the proceeds from 2006 were allocated to the 2010 campaign.  Has that money been exhausted already?  If not, what going to come of it if the campaign comes to a conclusion on sunday?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2008, 10:57:41 AM »

FF, you putting the cart before the horse.

Now, I despise Jack just as much as everyone else, but I am also trying to be realistic and level headed about the situation. Yuh see de setta crying and complaining and outbursts.. All that accomplishing not one damn thing if we cant put forward a solution to alleviate the problem. I wish posters would think more in this manner so that the thoughts could be directed in a more positive direction.

So you say we put forward solutions with regards to a self sufficient federation. Fair enough.

But what are the solutions to rid our football of Jack and that inept excuse for a governing body they call the TTFF??

Jack owns the TTFF and the government is hog-tied.

Furthermore, there is no accountability within the federation and elections are a joke and a sham.

They are not accountable to the public and their fans.

The only people who can do anything about the situation, FIFA, are also under his jurisdiction.

So how in God's name are they to be removed? What has to happen? Thats what I want to know.

As much as it disgusts me to the core to agree with the poster who said this, lets be clear.

The simple truth is, it is not a Trinidad and Tobago team in so much as it is Jack's team.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2008, 11:05:19 AM »

FF, you putting the cart before the horse.

Now, I despise Jack just as much as everyone else, but I am also trying to be realistic and level headed about the situation. Yuh see de setta crying and complaining and outbursts.. All that accomplishing not one damn thing if we cant put forward a solution to alleviate the problem. I wish posters would think more in this manner so that the thoughts could be directed in a more positive direction.

So you say we put forward solutions with regards to a self sufficient federation. Fair enough.

But what are the solutions to rid our football of Jack and that inept excuse for a governing body they call the TTFF??

Jack owns the TTFF and the government is hog-tied.

Furthermore, there is no accountability within the federation and elections are a joke and a sham.

They are not accountable to the public and their fans.

The only people who can do anything about the situation, FIFA, are also under his jurisdiction.

So how in God's name are they to be removed? What has to happen? Thats what I want to know.

As much as it disgusts me to the core to agree with the poster who said this, lets be clear.

The simple truth is, it is not a Trinidad and Tobago team in so much as it is Jack's team.

No more public funds is a good start.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2008, 11:11:56 AM »
Long time Jack woulda get away with "Ticket or Leave it" as most people were ignorant about ticketing etc... but in this internet age information is at our finger tips and as soon as he try that daylight mugging we were on him. Members from this forum fired the first shots via letters to the papers quoting Fifa ticket regulations and exposing Warners brassface attempt at stealing ticket profits. Lasana ended up taking up the case as well and Warner HAD to back down... his son eventually was censured by FIFA... yes he get away but we wounded him...

We have the power to be a strong pressure group by continuing to cast light on Jack Warners underhanded dealings and unfair control over OUR football, by educating others and supporting our players who represent us in the right way!! So what if 5 ppl wear black... Don't lose the faith next time it will be 10 and maybe one day 10,000.

Jack Warner appears to be shameless but he is not without shame, especially in the halls of FIFA... we have wounded him before... we go wound him again...

And even though it appears ppl just talking... lets keep the talk going... action will come.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2008, 11:38:14 AM »
This is just an ugly picture for Trinidad and Tobago football.  What a total collapse from 2006 til now!!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2008, 12:02:24 PM »
This is just an ugly picture for Trinidad and Tobago football.  What a total collapse from 2006 til now!!!

That house was built on sand, yuh really xpect it to stand up

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2008, 12:08:41 PM »
Dey say u have 2 hit rock bottom b4 tings look up how far is oui rock bottom. Once d JWFF in power. Dem is cancer u does go in lil remission WC2006 was we remission now d cancer back in full swing and spreadin real fast
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2008, 12:31:54 PM »

That house was built on sand, yuh really xpect it to stand up

Hear nah, even if it was built on Harricrete a.k.a de hardest hard it was still falling with all dis dotishness that surrounds it!!  But I will support my football team though, from its highs to very, very lows.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »
let me ask allyuh a dumb question here... this could be a new thread, but I so fed up of the vitriolic glut on the board i will post this question here.

Ah want allyuh to take off allyuh goggles and for one second put aside that burning will to see an axe put to Jack's proverbial money tree. Also, I want you'll to put aside all the talk about 'how it works' in the first world countries wherever you sitting and posting from and try to operate within the context of the current situation in Trinidad and Tobago. The question is....

To hell with de Football Federation. Give we a real FA. If yuh cya be self sufficient after 100 years yuh aint worth shit. DISBAND DE BAND OF BANDITS.

bingo!

If they can't be self-sufficient with the FIFA and CONCACAF funds they're getting...on top of money that the Gov't give them then they never will be self-sufficient.  If it is that government absolutely must contribute to help the TTFF stay solvent then it is entire fair to ask them to account for how the money is spent, and for government to have a say in how it is spent.  The TTFF don't want to do this so f**k dem... to paraphrase Chambers, not a damn cent...for dem.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 12:56:00 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2008, 12:55:54 PM »
let me ask allyuh a dumb question here... this could be a new thread, but I so fed up of the vitriolic glut on the board i will post this question here.
Ah want allyuh to take off allyuh goggles and for one second put aside that burning will to see an axe put to Jack's proverbial money tree. Also, I want you'll to put aside all the talk about 'how it works' in the first world countries wherever you sitting and posting from and try to operate within the context of the current situation in Trinidad and Tobago. The question is....
To hell with de Football Federation. Give we a real FA. If yuh cya be self sufficient after 100 years yuh aint worth shit. DISBAND DE BAND OF BANDITS.
bingo!
If they can't be self-sufficient with the FIFA and CONCACAF funds they're getting...on top of money that the Gov't give them then they never will be self-sufficient.
well the TTFF will never be self sufficient as Jackula handles ALL their money
Like that Scottish fella said "Jackula wanted them to deposit the money into Jackulas bank account"
I dont believe for a moment that he was not presenting anything but the truth.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2008, 04:21:47 PM »

bingo!

If they can't be self-sufficient with the FIFA and CONCACAF funds they're getting...on top of money that the Gov't give them then they never will be self-sufficient.  If it is that government absolutely must contribute to help the TTFF stay solvent then it is entire fair to ask them to account for how the money is spent, and for government to have a say in how it is spent.  The TTFF don't want to do this so f**k dem... to paraphrase Chambers, not a damn cent...for dem.

in context of the question...They are doing nothing....so nothing the TTFF is doing is going to make them self sufficient.They will continually go to the Gov DEMANDING that they are funded. Hopefully the Gov will ask dem tuh "show we wha yuh have"....gih we ah reason why we should fund yuh. gih we ah breakdown of what yuh have(yuh ASS-ets)...and then we will match wha yuh have. if yuh kyah produce...den WE, d Gov can den decide what yuh 'gets".

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2008, 04:30:38 PM »
D reason only 1000 peeps turn up is because ah Jack my pastor d god fearing man and all get fed up and stay home 2 watch Tiger.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2008, 05:20:57 PM »
Warner had also indicated that the T&TFF's audited accounts for 2006 and 2007, performed by international auditing firm KPMG, were still outstanding and would be presented in August and September, a situation, he claimed, Hunt was well aware of.

HOLD UP, HOLD UP!!.....Jack say dat to ah bunch ah media folks and nobody call him out...

I hear Jack wid mih own 2 ears say on CNC 3 de night he and Hunt face off dat the accounts for 2006 (not sure if he said 2007, but ah sure bout 2006) finished and de Minister could have dem anytime and Hunt say Ok...drop dem for mih...and Warner deflect the suggestion and didn't continue down dat road...
Now dey goh be ready in August....look Jack, fleck you yes....Mr. Hunt doh give dem a red cent!!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2008, 05:30:05 PM »
What media we eh even have reporters because u could pick dat up and dem in cnc would have heard dat and anybody refute d nonesense HELLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »
Jack say the Marvin Lee Stadium going to go through a whole restructuring, he say it will hold a minimum of 20,000 people fully seated, and a 1000 capacity multistory car park, he say work will be completed in the quickest possible time, and definitely before 2010.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »
Warner had also indicated that the T&TFF's audited accounts for 2006 and 2007, performed by international auditing firm KPMG, were still outstanding and would be presented in August and September, a situation, he claimed, Hunt was well aware of.

HOLD UP, HOLD UP!!.....Jack say dat to ah bunch ah media folks and nobody call him out...

I hear Jack wid mih own 2 ears say on CNC 3 de night he and Hunt face off dat the accounts for 2006 (not sure if he said 2007, but ah sure bout 2006) finished and de Minister could have dem anytime and Hunt say Ok...drop dem for mih...and Warner deflect the suggestion and didn't continue down dat road...
Now dey goh be ready in August....look Jack, fleck you yes....Mr. Hunt doh give dem a red cent!!!...

I think it's only being made ready now for August because it's required by the arbitration hearing in England.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2008, 04:44:45 PM »
Does anyone know why we gave up home field for the 1986 world qualifiers?

May 19 85  W 1-0  Trinidad                   Torrance, CA, USA (WCQ'86)
May 15 85  W 2-1  Trinidad                   St. Louis, MO, USA (WCQ'86)

The article I found just says "The US had the home field advantage for both games because of an arrangement with the Trinidad federation."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2008, 05:07:01 PM »

The article I found just says "The US had the home field advantage for both games because of an arrangement with the Trinidad federation."

I eh know de reason, but we played all of our WCQ 86 qualifiers away. Suriname also did the same thing.

De jokey ting is dat 17 teams was fighting for one spot, because as hosts, Mexico automatically had de other spot.

1985 was ah bad year fuh we, I eh tink we win an official game dat year.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »

I eh know de reason, but we played all of our WCQ 86 qualifiers away. Suriname also did the same thing.

De jokey ting is dat 17 teams was fighting for one spot, because as hosts, Mexico automatically had de other spot.

1985 was ah bad year fuh we, I eh tink we win an official game dat year.

Add 2008 to that list, steups
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2008, 07:48:05 PM »

September 1

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2008, 08:17:01 PM »
E-man Mr. Warner did not specify a year.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>