March 28, 2024, 01:01:32 PM

Author Topic: Warner: No W/Cup games here!  (Read 15327 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner: No W/Cup games here!
« on: June 17, 2008, 02:25:34 AM »
Warner: No W/Cup games here !
By: Mark Pouchet (Express).
[/size]

FIFA vice-president Jack Austin Warner yesterday advised that there will be local football fans will not get the opportunity to see the Trinidad and Tobago senior team's South African World Cup campaign live and in person.

At a media conference at the President's Box at the Queen's Park Oval yesterday, the outspoken Warner said: "We have applied to the FIFA to have all our home matches played away at venues favourable to our players" and on such terms and conditions which are considered "fair and right for us".

The USA is one such country being presently considered, citing the example of the Meadowlands Stadium that can seat 78,000.

"I want the people and public of Trinidad and Tobago to keep the faith," the T&TFF special adviser exclaimed, " We will qualify, believe me!"

Warner's statement came against the backdrop of an ongoing dispute over the use of state-owned stadia with Minister of Sport, Gary Hunt.

At the conference, Warner told the press he had made some decisions, "with the support of the (Trinidad and Tobago) Football Federation," that would be binding until the conclusion of the 2010 South Africa campaign.

This despite T&T's stunning 2-1 defeat to Bermuda Sunday at the Marvin Lee Stadium that threatened to derail the entire campaign before it had properly kicked off.

In a more than hour-long address entitled: "In Defence of Local Football," Warner outlined how the T&T campaign would continue from here on.

"Our 2010 South Africa World Cup campaign will continue, successfully, when we meet Bermuda on Sunday next." he stated. "And our national team has our full support towards this end."

The CFU and CONCACAF president also said a feasibility study will be conducted on the Marvin Lee Stadium immediately with a view to building a new all-seater structure to accommodate a minimum of 20,000 persons. Adjacent to this structure will be a multi-storey car park. Both projects are expected to be completed in the shortest possible time but definitely before 2010.

Warner also declared that football events for which the T&TFF had already been committed to hosting-the CONCACAF Women's Qualifying Championship in July, the CFU Youth Cup (Boys and Girls) in August, the Brazilian Youth Team against a Tobago XI in September/October and a host of other fixtures, including the Digicel Cup- shall "either be re-scheduled to other countries and or other venues," with negotiations currently underway.

Asked if the position of the T&TFF would now be to not demand funding for the 2010 campaign from the Government, Warner replied that : "For me, Jack Warner, I will not go begging the Government for any money...The T&TFF, they may or may not if they decide to but as far as I'm concerned, I have no intention of going cap in hand to the Government. We will of course have to strap our boots and cut in other areas, but I will make sure this team has everything it needs to qualify."

Earlier, Warner had reiterated and gone through in chronological order, the dispute between himself and Hunt who he suggested had a personal vendetta against him that was being aided and abetted by the Prime Minister Patrick Manning and his cabinet.

Warner had also indicated that the T&TFF's audited accounts for 2006 and 2007, performed by international auditing firm KPMG, were still outstanding and would be presented in August and September, a situation, he claimed, Hunt was well aware of.

He also ridiculed Hunt's recommendation for local stadia to be used free of charge by the T&TFF once the T&T public is allowed to enter these compounds free also.

"But even if all of these things are not important and one were to even foolishly accept the Minister's offer, how can it safely be implemented? Since his offer is for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago only, will every spectator have to walk with his/her passport? What controls will he have to prevent over-crowding? How will he determine who sit in Grounds and who sit in Stands? Who will pay for expenses of both teams?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: No W/Cup games here!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 02:47:34 AM »
dais because the USA also in the running for 2018 against the English, so he goin there to see what sort of "arrangement" they would be willing to make :devil:

NOWHERE ELSE ON THE GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD ANOTHER FA DO THIS TO THEIR OWN FANS
de man is DIGUSTING
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 03:44:42 AM »
dais because the USA also in the running for 2018 against the English, so he goin there to see what sort of "arrangement" they would be willing to make :devil:

NOWHERE ELSE ON THE GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD ANOTHER FA DO THIS TO THEIR OWN FANS
de man is DIGUSTING

Good morning family, yuh does get up real early sah, tuh go and make yuh paper meh boss  :beermug:. Any way behave yuh self nah WC, yuh know wid dat move, at least we in de USA stand a very good chance to either see de game live at the stadium or we might ketch it one ah de channels on TV  ;). HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 03:48:23 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 03:53:21 AM »
Welcome to sweet T&T, where one clearly unhinged individual can dictate the movements of a nation.

Well Mr. Warner, you hold de games where ever you feel. After all is YOUR team, YOUR federation and YOUR money. Do what you want oui.

First, yuh fack up de winning team. Then yuh hire a coach who either dunno what he doing or lacks de cajones to make his own selections. Then yuh letting de cornmeals dictate who they want to put on de team, whether or not these players can cut the grade (and from the results lately, they clearly cannot). Then yuh gone and get into a political battle with the government (and this is why FIFA states that politics and their football cannot mix, but you is Jack Warner, you do watever you want)and using T&T football as a, well, football. Now yuh want to remove de football altogether off T&T soil. Right.

And you really want us to believe that you have T&T football at heart. Steups! Look, give me a break nah man. Ah tell allyuh, is like ah child who cyah get he own way on de playground, so he take up de ball and gone home.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 04:23:52 AM »
Warner: No W/Cup games here !
By: Mark Pouchet (Express).
[/size]

FIFA vice-president Jack Austin Warner yesterday advised that there will be local football fans will not get the opportunity to see the Trinidad and Tobago senior team's South African World Cup campaign live and in person.

At a media conference at the President's Box at the Queen's Park Oval yesterday, the outspoken Warner said: "We have applied to the FIFA to have all our home matches played away at venues favourable to our players" and on such terms and conditions which are considered "fair and right for us".

The USA is one such country being presently considered, citing the example of the Meadowlands Stadium that can seat 78,000.

"I want the people and public of Trinidad and Tobago to keep the faith," the T&TFF special adviser exclaimed, " We will qualify, believe me!"

Warner's statement came against the backdrop of an ongoing dispute over the use of state-owned stadia with Minister of Sport, Gary Hunt.

At the conference, Warner told the press he had made some decisions, "with the support of the (Trinidad and Tobago) Football Federation," that would be binding until the conclusion of the 2010 South Africa campaign.

This despite T&T's stunning 2-1 defeat to Bermuda Sunday at the Marvin Lee Stadium that threatened to derail the entire campaign before it had properly kicked off.

In a more than hour-long address entitled: "In Defence of Local Football," Warner outlined how the T&T campaign would continue from here on.

"Our 2010 South Africa World Cup campaign will continue, successfully, when we meet Bermuda on Sunday next." he stated. "And our national team has our full support towards this end."

The CFU and CONCACAF president also said a feasibility study will be conducted on the Marvin Lee Stadium immediately with a view to building a new all-seater structure to accommodate a minimum of 20,000 persons. Adjacent to this structure will be a multi-storey car park. Both projects are expected to be completed in the shortest possible time but definitely before 2010.

Warner also declared that football events for which the T&TFF had already been committed to hosting-the CONCACAF Women's Qualifying Championship in July, the CFU Youth Cup (Boys and Girls) in August, the Brazilian Youth Team against a Tobago XI in September/October and a host of other fixtures, including the Digicel Cup- shall "either be re-scheduled to other countries and or other venues," with negotiations currently underway.

Asked if the position of the T&TFF would now be to not demand funding for the 2010 campaign from the Government, Warner replied that : "For me, Jack Warner, I will not go begging the Government for any money...The T&TFF, they may or may not if they decide to but as far as I'm concerned, I have no intention of going cap in hand to the Government. We will of course have to strap our boots and cut in other areas, but I will make sure this team has everything it needs to qualify."

Earlier, Warner had reiterated and gone through in chronological order, the dispute between himself and Hunt who he suggested had a personal vendetta against him that was being aided and abetted by the Prime Minister Patrick Manning and his cabinet.

Warner had also indicated that the T&TFF's audited accounts for 2006 and 2007, performed by international auditing firm KPMG, were still outstanding and would be presented in August and September, a situation, he claimed, Hunt was well aware of.

He also ridiculed Hunt's recommendation for local stadia to be used free of charge by the T&TFF once the T&T public is allowed to enter these compounds free also.

"But even if all of these things are not important and one were to even foolishly accept the Minister's offer, how can it safely be implemented? Since his offer is for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago only, will every spectator have to walk with his/her passport? What controls will he have to prevent over-crowding? How will he determine who sit in Grounds and who sit in Stands? Who will pay for expenses of both teams?

I will contact the players concerned to check exactly what is favourable about playing home games away from home.

With regards to foreign spectators, they simply need to purchase tickets online to attend the match, whereas locals can collect their free entries via local outlets.

Lets be honest, people who bought tickets for the England match were sitting on stairways, and you could allegedly buy tickets for the England match at a jetski shop.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 05:07:37 AM »

2006 and you still dont have accounts ....oh gawd man how long it does take to cook the books ?

"What controls will he have to prevent over-crowding ? "

you have to be facking joking !!! 1989 anyone ?????
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 05:13:07 AM »
Clearly there are no more W/Cup games here...there's only 1 more and it's in Bermuda thanks to Jack

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 05:36:49 AM »
Well who didn't know before, now know that JW never cared bout Trinbagonian football and Fans. Imagine he prefere to pay $180,000 TT - $250,000TT to use Giants Stadium. In other words let's contribute to the US ecomony - f**k T&T, and he's suppose to have or country interest in hand (which hand?).  :rotfl:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 05:41:47 AM »
Well who didn't know before, now know that JW never cared bout Trinbagonian football and Fans. Imagine he prefere to pay $180,000 TT - $250,000TT to use Giants Stadium. In other words let's contribute to the US ecomony - f**k T&T, and he's suppose to have or country interest in hand (which hand?).  :rotfl:

I disagree... f00ck Hunt and f00ck the T&T government, let the USA or who ever else get de money, why should it go back to T&T when they are NOT doing anything to help our football, imagine we own players cant even play in we national stadium.... no other country will do this to they own players.. When we made it to the world cup, T&T on a whole look good, from de people to de government, to de players and federation.... de government was quick to congratulate de team and support them AFTER we qualify.... they wasn't studing Jack Warner then....

And to add to this, I am sure FIFA will fund it (away games for T&T), not the TTFF......

Put everything aside and help the T&T players and not spite we sportmen and women because of Jack Warner... I hate the TTFF and Jack Warner but I still support T&T football teams....

We can also benefit from hosting the women's world cup and the government is NOT helping or co-operating. FIFA even supplying 10million to us to host the women championships... and not a word from our stinking government....

Come on man....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:44:21 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 05:45:27 AM »
Dis man Jack Warner on rocks or wa  ???

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 05:46:34 AM »
Sam, yuh just wake up or wah?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 06:09:10 AM »
I disagree... f00ck Hunt and f00ck the T&T government, let the USA or who ever else get de money, why should it go back to T&T when they are NOT doing anything to help our football, imagine we own players cant even play in we national stadium....

Uhm... where was the England friendly held?  Since when "we own" players can't play in the national stadium?  Fella this ent 'we' football... this is Jack team and Jack say he ent paying de rent they ask for so that is why the team end up in de Marvin Lee.  Yuh expect the government to let the TTFF use the stadium and collect ticket money and not pay no rent?

I does really wonder how some ah allyuh men make it past Primary School yes.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 06:15:45 AM »
Clearly nobody can stop this man,we seem to forget who he is the fifa vice president and that ent no joke where football is concerned,no government can tell him what to do,so as it stands he has everybody by the balls,this rollercoaster ride is not for the weak but for those who see reality for what it is,and if better can't be done let the worse continue.

God don't give people more than they could handle it'll stop someday,when Is the question....      

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 06:21:17 AM »
Sam - yuh lost meh there.  Anyone who stands up to Jack gets this high handed treatment.  Politics and Football doh mix but it seems that Jack Warner enters into any discussion with the government with a swizzle stick. 

I cannot defend this move knowing Jack Warner's history.  But then again, Jack taking in front since he must be of the opinion that we will not win in Bermuda and the campaign at home ended last Sunday.  The next World Cup Qualifier will be in 2012.  As for him saying we will qualify, he knows better after seeing the football product on the field.

Football in Trinidad is dead for 4 years.  Trust meh

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 06:23:30 AM »
I disagree... f00ck Hunt and f00ck the T&T government, let the USA or who ever else get de money, why should it go back to T&T when they are NOT doing anything to help our football, imagine we own players cant even play in we national stadium....

Uhm... where was the England friendly held?  Since when "we own" players can't play in the national stadium?  Fella this ent 'we' football... this is Jack team and Jack say he ent paying de rent they ask for so that is why the team end up in de Marvin Lee.  Yuh expect the government to let the TTFF use the stadium and collect ticket money and not pay no rent?

Stop being ignorant because it sounding like you went Holy Name Convent..... then again, that school might be too good for fools like you..

Let me ask you this then....

So why was our game played at the Marvin Lee Stadium ? de TTFF have to charge for tickets, have to... maybe not so much but they have to...... de government cant give the stadium free and expect people to enter free.... players, accomidations, flights etc etc have to get paid for..... especially since de gvernment dont get anything....

De government cannot charge the same price for the rental of the stadium for differnet games and teams, simple as that. England yes, because that was a sell out game but come on man, not aganist Bermuda, Guyana, Jamaica etc etc.... get real bro....

I wonder how much de T&T clubs have to pay to play there then ?

De thing is, everybody whining and dinning and no body stepping up to de plate.....

Allyuh start a protest be the TTFF office, lets plan one then.... or come up with something then.... but let me warn you, NO ONE CAN STOP Jack Warner..... !!!!!!!! but time..... but dont spite de country because of one man.... we have to support de team...... because even if we loose and aint qualify for the 2010 WC, Jack will STILL BE HERE...... and still be around next world cup... no justice will be served if we DONT MAKE it !!!!!! NONE !!!!!!! so what choice do we have ? we players get dog treatment and they still here, no ?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 06:27:59 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 06:30:04 AM »
Well is best Bermuda cut we arse on Sunday then...

We ent have no more football to look at.

Steupppssss.....see why I on entertainment from now on.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 06:36:09 AM »
well ah couple tings are for certain....  

(1) Its a happy day for me!
(2)  1000 people showing up at de Marvin Lee means JW lose money building de xtra stands
(3) JW finally get hurt where it matters the most... in de pocket.
(4) JW is very much interested in TnT making it further than Bermuda because if not de money stops
(5) This will be the team to carry on dont matter what.... forget the dotlisted players.

Now my hopes...

(1) When JW carry de games america no one should go but instead stand outside in de Black t-shirts
(2) JW completely get upset with the whole thing and stop funding it
(3) The PFL struggle on and de government assist de PFL coaches and players
(4) As de PFL grows so will the exposure and locals can attain contracts abroard as we prepare for 2014
(5) De JWFF go into receivership and release the strong hold allowing a real TTFA to be selected
(6) Input some form of voting system so that this monopoly crap dont happen anymore.

JW the end is near if de masses could only hold on for a while.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 06:59:48 AM »
Who's this Sam, you fuh real??? Which other FA asks their government for money, none, Fifa does handle every association with money and where is the TTFF money going, right in jack pocket and he's not giving anything back. The government give them money for world cup and still can't get the accounts and you want them to give them more money, are you slow, simple or stupid?? 
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 07:11:54 AM »
NO ONE CAN STOP Jack Warner..... !!!!!!!!

" NO ONE CAN STOP Saddam, Idi Amin, Mugabe, Jack Warner..... !!!!!!!!"

That's the attitude that needs changing right there.

Edmund Burke..."All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

In the days of Elijah, the silence of many had allowed the evil of Ahab and Jezebel to prevail throughout the land of Israel. "And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? If the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word"  (1 Kings 18:21).

The silence of the people spoke volumes of their indecisiveness and inaction. Their failure to stand up, speak up and speak out permitted wicked and evil men to run rampant.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:18:21 AM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 07:20:17 AM »
NO ONE CAN STOP Jack Warner..... !!!!!!!!
" NO ONE CAN STOP Saddam, Idi Amin, Mugabe, Jack Warner..... !!!!!!!!"

That's the attitude that needs changing right there.

Edmund Burke..."All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

In the days of Elijah, the silence of many had allowed the evil of Ahab and Jezebel to prevail throughout the land of Israel. "And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? If the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word"  (1 Kings 18:21).

The silence of the people spoke volumes of their indecisiveness and inaction. Their failure to stand up, speak up and speak out permitted wicked and evil men to run rampant.
Tell Them FLi!
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 07:25:04 AM »

Fli - The sad thing about this statement is that it is not only applicable to our football but to almost every area of out society.  Crime at any levels or clout (Blue or white) can only be stopped when the people take a stand and say enough is enough, we are not going to take it anymore!"  I don't see that happening any time soon in my home land.

Blessing
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 07:31:48 AM »

hmm new football specific stadium an ting   :devil:
Ah wonder how much this will "cost" Mr. Warner. How much FIFA will pay to sponsor this project, $2.5 Billion.

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 07:34:04 AM »
Clearly nobody can stop this man,we seem to forget who he is the fifa vice president and that ent no joke where football is concerned,no government can tell him what to do,so as it stands he has everybody by the balls,this rollercoaster ride is not for the weak but for those who see reality for what it is,and if better can't be done let the worse continue.

God don't give people more than they could handle it'll stop someday,when Is the question....      

I've had this question on my mind since Jack went up for elections. Isn't the football federation of a country supposed to be separate and apart from government; and shouldn't this include the opposition too. Isn't making Jack a special adviser still conflicting these rules when he is the one calling all the shots and holding the press conferences.

Maybe Tallman and Flex could answer this one for me?

If Jack is the "SPECIAL ADVISER" who is the HEAD???? and are there any FIFA rules and laws that govern such things maybe we can get him out of our football on some one of these laws. Because it have men talking al sorts of illegal things to try and get Jack out. Jack better pray because ppl not taking this one easy.

Anyone on the site is a Lawyer??

Has anyone seen the laws that govern FIFA???

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 07:34:45 AM »
Let him take his toy and go play in somebodyelse yard. So the President of the TTFF meet he match with Minister Hunt. Ah hope Hunt doh ease up on dem nah. It real disappointing to see an' hear how man defending Austin on his t'ret to have the team play all the games in the US. I for one dun see how this man eh really care for Tnt football only heself and kin. The days for bizzness as usual gorn wit dis new minister....people have to realise that football is a bizzness....the TTFF is a bizzness even doh dey doh run it as such. The TTFF have not shown in recent years or in their history that they are about bizzness. All or most FA are self sufficient...raising dey own funds...kyah say as much for TTFF...is "we have ah tour comin up...leh we see if de gov go organize we wit some small change....if dey take too long wit de funding we go on de radio, tv and have we in de pocket newspaper people write some articles how dey eh care bout de football. De Minister only care bout go cart racin, badminton, tennis and horseshoes....anyway based on how tings going we mighten have tuh worry too much about games playin elsewhere cause after Sunday we could be closing up shop for a lil while....only ting is that dem new uniforms go stay in dem boxes and get mildew.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 07:38:36 AM »
Stop being ignorant because it sounding like you went Holy Name Convent..... then again, that school might be too good for fools like you..

So why was our game played at the Marvin Lee Stadium ? de TTFF have to charge for tickets, have to... maybe not so much but they have to...... de government cant give the stadium free and expect people to enter free.... players, accomidations, flights etc etc have to get paid for..... especially since de gvernment dont get anything....

De government cannot charge the same price for the rental of the stadium for differnet games and teams, simple as that.

On the one hand you call me a fool yet in the next you reveal yourself to be ah bigger dunce than even Jack heself.  How yuh mean the government can't charge the same price???  The government been charging de same price the past 20 yrs and NOBODY was complaining.  Big match, small match, qualifier or sweat lime de TTFF was charged $3,000 or 10% gate receipts...same flat pricing.  Jack ent complain one bit.  Where the money from all the big USA and Mexico matches that play in dat time?  How much of it goverment see?  How much of it 'de people' see?  How much of it went into development of youth actitivities?  Where dat money went?  No answer?  Well let me tell you... he son and dem driving fancy bullet-proof Hummer and ting... have all kinda big business, throwing expensive fete, travel agency that thiefing people money and tickets that FIFA allot to WE..not to Jack.  All that money dem tief profit off of, is only fair to turn around and ask Jack to pay some back in the form of equitable rent.

England yes, because that was a sell out game but come on man, not aganist Bermuda, Guyana, Jamaica etc etc.... get real bro....

T&T clubs not making the type of money that the TTFF Jack making... pay as yuh could afford, not one price fits all.

De thing is, everybody whining and dinning and no body stepping up to de plate.....

Allyuh start a protest be the TTFF office, lets plan one then.... or come up with something then.... but let me warn you, NO ONE CAN STOP Jack Warner..... !!!!!!!! but time..... but dont spite de country because of one man.... we have to support de team...... because even if we loose and aint qualify for the 2010 WC, Jack will STILL BE HERE...... and still be around next world cup... no justice will be served if we DONT MAKE it !!!!!! NONE !!!!!!! so what choice do we have ? we players get dog treatment and they still here, no ?

So what de ass is yuh plan??  Nothing can be done so blame and cuss de government when dat blasted ole scamp continues to prance and prattle in front of camera with he lies and half-truths that tiefing man like you head?  Dai'z yuh stroke of genius... yuh masterplan?

What you offering other than empty criticism of the government??

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 07:39:05 AM »

De government cannot charge the same price for the rental of the stadium for differnet games and teams, simple as that. England yes, because that was a sell out game but come on man, not aganist Bermuda, Guyana, Jamaica etc etc.... get real bro....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This is simple fellas.... Hunt gave Warner an opportunity. Perfect example of Jack Warner making Lemon Juice out of Lemon's. Very Shrewd business man indeed, I am in awe of his talent to expolit the slimest of opportunities to make money. But as a Fan I must say it is absolutley unconsciable to think that TnT will be playing Home games on foriegn soil.

1) Jack has probably negotiated with US soccer Federation and other officials to get venues here for next to nothing
2) He can charge alot more money for tickets in the USA
3) Since its a home game, gate receipts will be TTFA's
4) If the game is held in USA, there will be more total fan turnout, because of the large latin american populations here
5) We still need to beat Bermuda

Jack has no sort of patriotism and a personality lacking shame. A great man is not concerned with his acheivements and possessions, he is concerned with his legacy... clearly Jack Warner has yet to realise his marks today are going to be forgotten or at least imbued with negativity.

"The great men of earth are the shadow men, who, having lived and died, now live again and forever through their undying thoughts. Thus living, though their footfalls are heard no more, their voices are louder than the thunder, and unceasing as the flow of tides or air."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:42:59 AM by marcus »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 07:46:44 AM »
Who's this Sam, you fuh real??? Which other FA asks their government for money, none, Fifa does handle every association with money and where is the TTFF money going, right in jack pocket and he's not giving anything back. The government give them money for world cup and still can't get the accounts and you want them to give them more money, are you slow, simple or stupid?? 

Let him take his toy and go play in somebodyelse yard. So the President of the TTFF meet he match with Minister Hunt. Ah hope Hunt doh ease up on dem nah. It real disappointing to see an' hear how man defending Austin on his t'ret to have the team play all the games in the US. I for one dun see how this man eh really care for Tnt football only heself and kin. The days for bizzness as usual gorn wit dis new minister....people have to realise that football is a bizzness....the TTFF is a bizzness even doh dey doh run it as such. The TTFF have not shown in recent years or in their history that they are about bizzness. All or most FA are self sufficient...raising dey own funds...kyah say as much for TTFF...is "we have ah tour comin up...leh we see if de gov go organize we wit some small change....if dey take too long wit de funding we go on de radio, tv and have we in de pocket newspaper people write some articles how dey eh care bout de football. De Minister only care bout go cart racin, badminton, tennis and horseshoes....anyway based on how tings going we mighten have tuh worry too much about games playin elsewhere cause after Sunday we could be closing up shop for a lil while....only ting is that dem new uniforms go stay in dem boxes and get mildew.

Somebody repeat it fuh dem againg nuh...because is like I typing in Greek or something.  Maybe this time with different people saying it it would get thru.  I doh know why men acting like they blind, deaf or schupid...and when yuh tell them that they want to take offense and all kinda shit. 

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 07:56:19 AM »
men so used to Warner and his lies that people forgetting how FA's are run in other countries, with no Government funding and having to support themselves.

You know who owns Wembley Stadium ? the FA not the government. It is run as a commercial enterprise and when not playing football etc there they have concerts exhibitons etc

you telling me TTFF couldnt have done the same over the years with all the money they get ?

just one stadium capacity 15-20,000 and when you have the big big games yuh rent the national stadium. Yuh know how long trinidad crying out for a place to have fetes and concerts etc.

but no TTFF was happy paying $3,000 and watching the $ flow in !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

TrinInfinite

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 07:59:53 AM »
well well well, jack flip the script, for all the ex-pats in the US and canada, looks like we finally seeing tt live and on tv :devil: ah sorry for my people in tt and its terrible it have to come like this but ill tell allyuh something if tt play a wcq in giants stadium it will sell out, you will see a bigger crowd for tt against any team than home in tt. Jack will make a killing bc the ex-pats will come to see this game, hell tens of thousands will drive down from canada to ee the bloody game, jack call trump, hunt call bush.

God is de BOSS...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 08:08:34 AM »
A shit team...

a clueless coaching setup..

a vindicative and badmind Special Adviser fronting a federation that is only ceremonial in its purpose..

an egotistic minister of sport and a government only too happy to sit idly by and watch the comedy show progress..

plus the threat of no home field advantage now?

When elephants fight the only one that gets trampled is the grass. The only people losing here are the players and the fans.

If we do make it past Bermuda, I would not be surprised if we come in for a string of cutarses of the Barbados variety.

1]; } ?>