March 28, 2024, 05:28:08 AM

Author Topic: Lemmeh Ask Allyuh Sumting  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lemmeh Ask Allyuh Sumting
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »
I might have read what I think is the answer on here some time back but...............the reason why the government cannot run the foot association is because FIFA have a rule against that......thus the reason why the government cannot/have not stepped in in order to implement change.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmeh Ask Allyuh Sumting
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 12:17:22 PM »
Yep we go get band and my answer 2 dat is is so what let we get ban.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:17:42 PM »
I might have read what I think is the answer on here some time back but...............the reason why the government cannot run the foot association is because FIFA have a rule against that......thus the reason why the government cannot/have not stepped in in order to implement change.

It's not a matter of the government not wanting to step in... FIFA aside how can the government step in and take over the affairs of a private organization?  People does get tie up with this "National Team" talk.  FIFA is like McDonald's and the TTFF is like your local franchise on the corner... it belongs to the "owners" of the local franchise, Jack and his cronies.  If your local Mickey D's is struggling/being mismanaged, de gov't cyah juss step in and take it over.  So same thing... in addition to the local cronies suing the gov't for abuse of discretion among other things...first thing FIFA will then do is de-certify the TTFF, in effect disenfranchising TnT.  We will no longer be part of FIFA and barred from participating in anything FIFA related, and bar other FIFA members from interacting with us on matters involving football.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 12:47:51 PM »

It's not a matter of the government not wanting to step in... FIFA aside how can the government step in and take over the affairs of a private organization?  People does get tie up with this "National Team" talk.  FIFA is like McDonald's and the TTFF is like your local franchise on the corner... it belongs to the "owners" of the local franchise, Jack and his cronies.  If your local Mickey D's is struggling/being mismanaged, de gov't cyah juss step in and take it over.  So same thing... in addition to the local cronies suing the gov't for abuse of discretion among other things...first thing FIFA will then do is de-certify the TTFF, in effect disenfranchising TnT.  We will no longer be part of FIFA and barred from participating in anything FIFA related, and bar other FIFA members from interacting with us on matters involving football.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think TTFF must be recognised as the representatives of organised football in T&T and to achieve this, they must receive the mandate by democratic election. Votes should be cast by the various football associations in T&T and, I believe, ratified by the government. 

So, was the change from TTFA to TTFF ever ratified by the government and when was the last time that democratic elections took place?   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 12:52:54 PM »
When was d last how but not in my lifetime
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 01:20:25 PM »

I'm not 100% on this, but I think TTFF must be recognised as the representatives of organised football in T&T and to achieve this, they must receive the mandate by democratic election. Votes should be cast by the various football associations in T&T and, I believe, ratified by the government. 

So, was the change from TTFA to TTFF ever ratified by the government and when was the last time that democratic elections took place?   

They do not need government ratification... without personally knowing anything about that, I can positively tell you that no local federation needs any input from the goverment in order for that local federation to be 'official' in the eyes of FIFA.  Think of the implications of that... it means that the government could hold up the formation of any local federation on whim.  We know that FIFA would NEVER cede any such authority to any government.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 03:09:39 PM »
What I want to know is how the government can dictate how the national stadium should be used.

In any other country, the stadium is either owned by the respective FA or run by a private organisation...

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »
What I want to know is how the government can dictate how the national stadium should be used.

In any other country, the stadium is either owned by the respective FA or run by a private organisation...

The government can dictate because the stadium is owed by the government.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »
If thats the case, I don't see why Warner can't use an alternate venue.

What happened to those stadiums that were built for the Under 17 World Cup games?

Or are those owned by the government as well?

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 03:21:01 PM »
If thats the case, I don't see why Warner can't use an alternate venue.

What happened to those stadiums that were built for the Under 17 World Cup games?

Or are those owned by the government as well?

Correct. Which is why the Bermuda game was played at the Marvin Lee stadium. Jack owns that one
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 03:33:26 PM »
D FA eh own squat

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 05:09:44 PM »
I heard that TTFA had an  offer to buy a plot of land in the Mucorapo mang(the present HCS) a long time ago when Eric James was president.

They could have bought it. Land was cheap then. But they did want to go down in the mang to see football. QPCC mamaguy them. They use to play a whole lot of football in the Oval. Qp probaly make as much or more money off of football. Tthey still have the Oval. TTFF has nothing.

Well we now see that Mucorapo is now  the most coveted  piece of real estate in POS. Imagine those imps,  for what ever reason,  did not jump on the offer. They should have bought it and leave it there. land don't spoil.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 05:18:09 PM »
So is a 100 yr of dotishness we celebratin

1]; } ?>