April 18, 2024, 10:36:59 PM

Author Topic: Maturana takes responsibility for loss.  (Read 5455 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Maturana: I'll take the blame - Kern De Freitas
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 06:54:04 AM »
Maturana: I'll take the blame

After humbling 2-1 Bermuda loss...

Kern De Freitas kdefreitas@trinidadexpress.com

"I assume full responsibility, I absolve the players from responsibility and take it all upon myself."

These sober words from Trinidad and Tobago senior national coach Francisco Maturana following a woeful performance that saw them fall to a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Bermuda in their opening 2010 World Cup qualifier on Sunday at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya, would have comforted few home fans.

T&T supporters would surely concur with Maturana's opening comments, in which he suggested at the media conference after the match through translator Filipo Alario: "this is the first game of the qualifiers left us definitely a bad taste in our mouths, with a pretty bad result."

Maturana's feeling, however, was that the result came not because of inability, or faulty tactics, but perhaps a sizeable helping of overconfidence.

"The problem is not how Bermuda played. The problem is how we played," Maturana said, adding that: "...the problem was more of an attitude issue than a tactical one."

"We did not find the clarity we had in the past games," he continued. We were too much in a hurry to reach the opponents' goal."

The loss left T&T within another poor result of crashing out of World Cup qualifying before they have properly began. This makes Sunday's return leg in Bermuda all the more important for the Colombian.

"This is definitely an initial overview because it is definitely not over. If we find the way we were playing before, we can turn around this result," he assured.

When asked what changes need to be made to get a favourable outcome away to the Bermudans, Maturana answered without hesitation.

"First and foremost, attitude, aggression, (and) the confidence to feel that one is better," he asserted.

On the other side, Bermuda's coach Kenneth Thompson was understandably elated with his team's win.

"We would have been happy with a point, we would have been happy for a draw, so we are happy to win," Thompson related after the match.

"We felt that Trinidad would come at us. We couldn't be sure, so we prepared ourselves for everything," he explained.

Bermuda, with nothing to lose, were also prepared to take the attack to T&T if given the chance, even though the coach admitted they were not sure what to expect from the hosts.

"We played to win, and football is like this. You have to prepare to attack, and we were prepared to attack, and (sometimes) you have to prepare to defend, and we were prepared to defend."

Thompson also revealed that his team were happy to play on the artificial surface at the Macoya venue, rather than the grass of the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

With a 2-1 lead going into the break, Bermuda even prepared themselves for an oncoming T&T onslaught.

"We expected Trinidad to come at us in the first ten minutes (of the second half) and we were prepared to weather the storm." Five days from now, it will be T&T's turn to weather the storm, or face an early exit to follow a successful Germany 2006 campaign.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana: I'll take the blame - Kern De Freitas
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 06:56:56 AM »
Thompson also revealed that his team were happy to play on the artificial surface at the Macoya venue, rather than the grass of the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

This is WCQ yes we supposed to beat Bermuda but you do not give your opponent any advantage or make them comfortable. This factor alone could have changed the outcome of the game.

Thank you Jack and Gary

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 07:01:03 AM »

"I assume full responsibility, I absolve the players from responsibility and take it all upon myself."

"The problem is not how Bermuda played. The problem is how we played," Maturana said, adding that: "...the problem was more of an attitude issue than a tactical one."

Comfort for a fool.  He as the coach will always be responsible for the results on the field Good or Bad.  Why did he not explain his reasons for substituting Hyland when he was asked.

But ah almost forgot, Jack Warner is his boss.  He has learned well.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 07:03:39 AM »
This is WCQ yes we supposed to beat Bermuda but you do not give your opponent any advantage or make them comfortable. This factor alone could have changed the outcome of the game.
Thank you Jack and Gary
so how is Gary fault again?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 07:10:49 AM »
Thank you Jack and Gary
I am sorry folks but I cannot be caught blaming Hunt in this rounds.  Is Jack we dealing with and the ugliness of politics has clearly entered into our football.  Is there any wonder why our problems continue to escalate in this country in these supposedly good economic times.

Blessings

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana takes responsibility for loss.
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 07:17:02 AM »
Asked his reasons for replacing attacking midfielder with Khlaleem Hyland at the half-time interval and introducing left back Ancil Farrier with the ‘Soca Warriors’ down 2-1, Maturana replied, “It was tactical decision and one that I will not like to get into, but I can reassure you it was with the intent on doing good.”

“There is a problem with our defense and we have the rest of this week to work on it tactically and we will try to fix.”

These quotes are all I need to focus on from this media briefing.  Some arrogance and plenty ignorance.  Jack is not his boss but his father!!

Bless

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 08:34:37 AM »
Nah Organic it wasn't me I only want back meh man Wim
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 08:37:13 AM »
Is everybody fault except JW and he FF
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 09:18:13 AM »

Asked his reasons for replacing attacking midfielder with Khlaleem Hyland at the half-time interval and introducing left back Ancil Farrier with the ‘Soca Warriors’ down 2-1, Maturana replied, “It was tactical decision and one that I will not like to get into, but I can reassure you it was with the intent on doing good.”

Why cant you get into that?

You better get into that if youre going to lose 2-1 at home to Bermuda. What kinda shit is that? You can just say I reassure you it was for good? Wheres the real press to ask these questions?
Hart for president

truetrini

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »
weary why yuh eh fly tuh holland with ah rubber cocnut tree and lie down under it with ah glass ah rum and yuh man wim?

steups

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2008, 10:42:41 AM »
if we get through this hurdle, beenie could be available.poland get knock out euro and he say he not sure bout he position with the polish federation.
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2008, 04:56:08 PM »
Sancho say dat d team dat went Germany eh tight again. Dey vex with those who was not part of d lawsuit.

So is Stern v Berry bois

Then have Stern and d Berry Bois v d Berry boi who testify against Jack

Then u have d Foreign players v d locals

This team have more fractions than d CXC maths paper 2 resit 
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah good one Weary... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2008, 05:22:52 PM »
de players are talented but de team is not. denise Lawrence needs to be more commanding in de back.....

No wonder we lose.....we playing girls in de side!!!

lol :rotfl: :rotfl: Trini sweet yes!!!

lol just ketch this one

1]; } ?>