March 28, 2024, 02:27:24 PM

Author Topic: Maturana takes responsibility for loss.  (Read 5405 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maturana takes responsibility for loss.
« on: June 16, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana says he takes full responsibility for this country’s humiliating 2-1 defeat to Bermuda in Sunday’s 2010 World Cup qualifier at the Marvin Lee Stadium. Speaking to reporters after the match via translator Fillipo Alario, the Colombian said there was no excuse for the loss.

“I take full responsibility as coach of the team and I will take the responsibility away from the players,” Maturana said. “The loss is very disappointing but the game is history now. When we go to play… we go to win and that did not happen today.”

“This first game of the World Cup Qualifiers left us with a very bad taste in our mouth, in addition it was a pretty bad result. Asked what was his thoughts on the outcome the Colombian added, “I think Bermuda were just winners of the match. They played a very calm game and interpreted the tactical game well. With regards to the shabby performance by his own players Maturana stated, “We had a lot of moments of confusion.

“We did not find the clarity that we had in past games. He added. “We were too much in a hurry to reach in the opponents goal. “This is definitely an initial overview because this is definitely not over. I believe if we find the way that we were playing before this match we can turn around this result in Bermuda.” “For this result I accept full responsibility and absorb the players from this responsibility and take it all on myself.

“When you lose everybody is right and I will respect everyone’s opinion of the game. But at the same time I would like to reserve the right to confront and enter into any tactical discussion of what happened.

Asked his reasons for replacing attacking midfielder with Khlaleem Hyland at the half-time interval and introducing left back Ancil Farrier with the ‘Soca Warriors’ down 2-1, Maturana replied, “It was tactical decision and one that I will not like to get into, but I can reassure you it was with the intent on doing good.”

Maturana when question if there was any pressure on him now to get the required result on Sunday in Hamilton, Bermuda noted that he has been a coach for many games and will always feel the pressure to win. Looking ahead to Sunday’s second-leg which T&T must win by two clear goals to advance Maturana said, “I really can’t comment on how we will play, it’s more of an attitude issue than a tactical one.

Having seen his players waste a number of clear-cut scoring chances, the T&T coach added, ““Yes, absolutely there is a problem scoring goals for us. Our two guys upfront are among the top strikers for the country all-time but I’m off the philosophy that goals come as a result of good play and goals are the end game, it means we need to start playing better.

“Today (Sunday) I noticed we abused the long ball and that’s is absolutely not the way to approach the goal. The way to play is to be patient, play your natural game and the goal will come. Maturana added, that his team knew what to expect from Bermuda but just did not perform well.

“Yes, absolutely there was scouting of the Bermuda team, but the problem was not how Bermuda played, the problem was how T&T played. “There is a problem with our defense and we have the rest of this week to work on it tactically and we will try to fix.” Overall, the Colombian stayed clear of pointing fingers at any of his players individually and said that was the job for the media to do.

” I judge the team as a whole and how they play.”

Asked to comment on the second goal scored by Bermuda, Maturana pointed out that he was extremely surprised it did stand.

“I only remember that Clayton Ince had the ball in his hand... next thing I see it’s a goal," the Colombian concluded. The team resumes training on Tuesday at the Larry Gomes Stadium and will depart for Bermuda on Thursday morning.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 05:34:54 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana takes responsibility for loss
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »
well take responsibility and leave...i eh go be sad to see yuh go nah...den corneal go take over..and i sure it eh go be no different!
steupse....this hurting more dan my knee yes!
Back in Trini...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »

“There is a problem with our defense and we have the rest of this week to work on it tactically and we will try to fix.”

He only now realising that.. c**t..we had Avery and Sancho available not to mention Birchall as a CDM so Telesford could be used as an extra defender..You could have got them into the Squad before the England game to train and get fit in time for Bermuda

3-5-2 vs Bermuda.. You so fearful of Bermuda that you hadda cram 5 in the midfield at home?  Be serious...  And he better not work on the 3-5-2 this week... go and try the 4-4-2 with Telesford at RB.. I know all dem reading this.. The man played RB for years at university and also plays it when needed at Islanders.. i not saying he a Bad CDM..he is actually ok there but now you need to attack try him at RB..His passion alone will cause him to excell in the position..

f**k off..you not getting any sympathy..
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 05:27:21 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:42:54 PM »
de players are talented but de team is not. denise Lawrence needs to be more commanding in de back and whitney(captain needs to communicate more with de players. let carlos edward be responsible for corner kicks not free kicks on the 18 to 20 yards from goal let de captain or someone else take the free kicks. it seems like the team is not focusing on the 10 yards apart support. that means when carlos gets de ball it must have some one supporting him. i am very concern on the fitness level of de team. even through de formation is 3-5-2.  with dis format it should have man to man marking. i think de players was confuse on de field.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana takes responsibility for loss.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 05:43:39 PM »
anyone ask him why he play a 3-5-2 and Dennis Lawrence at left back.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 06:04:41 PM »
He cyar see the midfield is a problem too  ???

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 06:07:13 PM »
Ah coach T&T coach taking responsibility?!? ??? :-[ :'(  not sure what to think!!  hmmm  let me stop there.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »
de players are talented but de team is not. denise Lawrence needs to be more commanding in de back.....

No wonder we lose.....we playing girls in de side!!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 06:13:34 PM »
de players are talented but de team is not. denise Lawrence needs to be more commanding in de back.....

No wonder we lose.....we playing girls in de side!!!

lol :rotfl: :rotfl: Trini sweet yes!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 06:19:27 PM »
Speaking to reporters after the match via translator Fillipo Alario, the Colombian said there was no excuse for the loss.

stupppeesssss..

Beenie woulda done cuss dem mudda c**t and fork u...before half time....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 06:21:07 PM »
But it is good he taking responsibility.

Notice not a peep from Corneal now...when we win he all front and center. In fact it take long for the post match comments to come out.

Also is worries in the camp
“I really can’t comment on how we will play, it’s more of an attitude issue than a tactical one.

You could see the vibes ent there.

But still I hope we turn it around.

It is half time and 2-1 in their favour. Lets put out a strong second half showing.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 06:24:31 PM »
Speaking to reporters after the match via translator Fillipo Alario, the Colombian said there was no excuse for the loss.

stupppeesssss..

for all who assume that its a full time translator on board, u should know that is a RBTT director who is probably doing the team a favor more than anything else..

could put my head on a block that he is not a permanent fixture.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 06:38:35 PM »

Notice not a peep from Corneal now...when we win he all front and center. In fact it take long for the post match comments to come out.

“I really can’t comment on how we will play, it’s more of an attitude issue than a tactical one.

It is half time and 2-1 in their favour. Lets put out a strong second half showing.

Yuh know ah probably imagine it eh, BUT, ah see a replay of Stern's goal tonight and something about de way de players celebrated de goal......something was just off about de whole thing....it was kinda impersonal...yeah dais de word impersonal....no real genuine expression of joy....ah hoping ah really did imagine it eh.....ah hope ah get to see another replay of it...

Also, how come NCC 4 eh replay it yet....dem must be figure we get enuff torture... :-\ :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 07:11:35 PM »

Wait Nah! So nobody in the media could ask Maturana this question yet??

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 07:28:15 PM »
to play devils advocate here, if we had converted half the clear cut chances we created, we woulda win pretty comfortably.
It was in a sense one of those days, similar to what happened to honduras when we beat them 1-0 in honduras and they throw away about 10 goals and just couldnt score.
Now i agree we played substandard, but how much can a coach really coach men like stern and scottie to finish??
For all the crap we play, we still shoud have won the game.

I totally agree with his remarks about our lack of patience as well.

He score some points with his attitude of taking the blame, but he has a few days to make it right

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 07:37:59 PM »
Asked his reasons for replacing attacking midfielder with Khlaleem Hyland at the half-time interval and introducing left back Ancil Farrier with the ‘Soca Warriors’ down 2-1, Maturana replied, “It was tactical decision and one that I will not like to get into, but I can reassure you it was with the intent on doing good.”

The road to hell is often paved with good intentions....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 07:40:49 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

“There is a problem with our defense and we have the rest of this week to work on it tactically and we will try to fix.”

Ya think Maturana??....so why play 3-5-2??  huh? huh?  steups

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 08:09:35 PM »

Yuh know ah probably imagine it eh, BUT, ah see a replay of Stern's goal tonight and something about de way de players celebrated de goal......something was just off about de whole thing....it was kinda impersonal...yeah dais de word impersonal....no real genuine expression of joy....ah hoping ah really did imagine it eh.....ah hope ah get to see another replay of it...

Also, how come NCC 4 eh replay it yet....dem must be figure we get enuff torture... :-\ :'(

several people are commenting about the team lack of cohesiveness and team spirit, someone in another post mentioned that the foreign based players were doing their own thing while the local based players were on their own scene...could it be an issue that the foreign based players have no faith in the locals?

and we know whose fault it is....Wim and de government of course.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 08:59:22 PM »

Yes Touches, I too catching that vibe. The foreign based and FPATT members probably know what going on with selection and loose respect for the locals that get pick. It eh easy to know that your teammates who bleed for you getting s*it on and replaced what they would regard as a setta eh-ready-yet-players there not by merit but because of blatant exploitation. And jes maybe some impatience by some of the veterans thrown into the mix to make it even worse. I dunno, I jes speculating.

These problems maybe running deeper than people think. What I know for sure is that they not getting solved overnight by some rah rah cheering session.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »
allya doh get tie up

ent Cornmeal does translate for Maturana?
well I get this from a reliable source in the TTFF :devil:

the reporter asked Mats what went wrong and this was his real answer.
"these cornmeal people have me here as a fall guy and is them that making all the decisions so if you want to know anyhing talk to them"

this is how Cornmeal translated it
“I take full responsibility as coach of the team and I will take the responsibility away from the players,” Maturana said. “The loss is very disappointing but the game is history now. When we go to play… we go to win and that did not happen today."
 ;D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:11:30 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 09:17:58 PM »

Wait Nah! So nobody in the media could ask Maturana this question yet??

Lawrence shoulda been playing striker...just like Maturana had him doing in practice  ::)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 09:49:05 PM »
Sancho say dat d team dat went Germany eh tight again. Dey vex with those who was not part of d lawsuit.

So is Stern v Berry bois

Then have Stern and d Berry Bois v d Berry boi who testify against Jack

Then u have d Foreign players v d locals

This team have more fractions than d CXC maths paper 2 resit 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 10:25:25 PM »
Sancho say dat d team dat went Germany eh tight again. Dey vex with those who was not part of d lawsuit.

So is Stern v Berry bois

This is why yuh don't muck up chemisty, after the Vincy friendly in which we won 5-0 I believe, it was all down hill from there, say a prayer fellas, only divine intervention can help us against these tyrants, bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 10:30:20 PM »
We did beat Panama 2-1 and all thou Austria did give we bout 4 dat was d last time d WC warriors played minus Stern who was injured and KJ was having he twins but Samuel did score a nice goal does were d days.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 10:33:10 PM »

So is Stern v Berry bois

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 10:42:01 PM »
He could also take responsibility 4 packin he bags, callin a taxi and get back 2 he dental practice. He pullin someting but it eh teeth

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 04:03:11 AM »

stupppeesssss..

for all who assume that its a full time translator on board, u should know that is a RBTT director who is probably doing the team a favor more than anything else..

could put my head on a block that he is not a permanent fixture.

Correct. That's Arlene Peterkin husband if I'm not mistaken. Must be know Maturana personally.

Either that or Maturana realise that cornmeal eh translating what he really saying. CAuse I find it strange that teh first such admission of problems comes through a translator that is not cornmeal.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 05:35:45 AM »
leh Pacho haul he C*&T!!!!

all i could say is thank God for Euro 2008 and meh boy Tiger....if ah had to deal wid dis debacle against Bermuda all by itself, well boy!! ah mighta go mad.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 05:42:03 AM »
Leave the coach alone - if JW didn't give the players 4 free grounds tickets they woulda play better (and they give them back - yes).  :devil: :rotfl: :beermug:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
WHO CALL RED967FM
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 06:03:27 AM »
BROWN SUGAR, KANDI OR WEARY, IT WAS A LADY VOICE...WHO SAY THEY WANT BACK WE WARRIORS?
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

1]; } ?>