April 26, 2024, 11:25:36 AM

Author Topic: Deco and Ronnie possible move to Chelsea  (Read 2071 times)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Deco and Ronnie possible move to Chelsea
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:10:02 AM »
we all know with Felipao coming to Chelsea now as coach that  ;Dtheir sugestions of players he coached before joinging him...i saw this on setanta that Deco was encouraging ronnie to move to chelsea maybe because he is going there too??

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/06/17/Prem-Deco-on-Ronaldinho/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/

Deco tells Ronnie to join Blues
by Alex Livie, 17 June 2008

Deco has urged his Barcelona team-mate Ronaldinho to snub Manchester City in favour of a move to Chelsea.

New Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has been linked with a host of new faces, as he embarks on bringing a swagger to The Blues’ step.

Deco is believed to be close to a move to Stamford Bridge and he is keen for some Samba style to be added to the West London ranks.

City are battling to bring Ronaldinho to Eastlands, but Deco feels he would be better served heading to the capital.

"It would be good for Chelsea to sign Ronaldinho,” Deco is quoted as saying in The Sun.

“He would go to a great club and I would love to see him playing in the Champions League for a great team, and showing he is still the best player in the world.”

Deco is expected to clarify his future after Euro 2008 and he does not expect the boardroom unrest surrounding the position of president Joan Laporta to hinder the negotiation process.

He added: “I don’t see why it would be bad for negotiations because even though I’ve not spoken to Laporta, he’s still the president

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Barca fans, how do feel about the steps the new coach is taking?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:43:48 AM »
I'm reading this story (below) and other comments made and I really question if what he's trying to implement will lead to much success anytime soon. What's your take?

Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=548007&cc=5901

Guardiola clears way for sale of big three

New Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has revealed Ronaldinho, Deco and Samuel Eto'o are not part of his plans for next season while also ruling out a summer bid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Guardiola, a former Barcelona captain, was officially unveiled today as the Catalan club's first-team coach.

And he admitted the big name trio - all of whom have been linked with moves to the Premier League - are surplus to requirements.

'All of the players in the first-team squad last season are of a very high level,' he said. 'But with the technical secretary we are forming a squad and Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o are not in our minds.'

However, Guardiola admitted he would be happy to keep Ronaldinho if the Brazilian could recapture his best form.

'If I felt that he wanted to be the player he was again, he would be here,' he added. 'But the situation has deteriorated and the solution is to build a strong dressing-room.'

The imminent departure of the Brazilian and the recent exit of Giovani Dos Santos to Tottenham means Guardiola will be short of options on the left flank, but the 37-year-old ruled out a summer swoop for Manchester United winger Ronaldo.

'I wouldn't make a space for him in the team, even though I think he is a very good player,' he said.

Guardiola said the club's priority is to sign a striker.

'We will look at the possibility of bringing in a winger, but if we don't then that's fine; the priority is a number nine,' he said.

He joked: 'We are looking for a number nine who scores 60 goals for us.'

However, the coach claimed Thierry Henry remains very much part of his plans, despite an indifferent first season at the Nou Camp.

He said: 'I am looking for a number nine, we need one to complement Henry and Bojan (Krkic). I want the three to feel like first-team starters.'

Guardiola confirmed star winger Lionel Messi is very much part of his plans, but revealed he will not build his team around the young Argentina forward.

'He is a player we are very interested in keeping,' he said. 'I am very much counting on him, but we shouldn't put all the weight of a club on the shoulders of one player.

'We will help him and try to stop him getting injured.'

Guardiola also warned the youngster that he will have to defend more than under previous coach Frank Rijkaard.

'He must feel part of the group and feel that when other teams score against us, it is partly his fault,' he said.

Nevertheless, the former Barcelona captain revealed he will impose an attacking philosophy as coach of the team he has supported since he was a boy.

'We have to go and look for the win, I am an absolute fan of attacking football,' he said. 'When I see the ball closer to the opponents' goal, I am more relaxed.

'I have read that we are only signing defenders, but we will attack better if we have a better defence and defend better if we have a good attack.'

The 37 year-old, who led Barcelona's youth team to promotion on Monday, says he is now eager to get started with the first-team.

'I am not here to ask for time or a honeymoon period of 100 days,' he said. 'I am really satisfied to be here and I know this is a great responsibility. I can't wait to get started, there is no time to waste.'

Despite his lack of coaching experience and the enormous pressure of coaching Barcelona, Guardiola believes he is up to the task.

He said: 'I feel I won't fail (sporting director) Txiki (Begiristain) or president (Joan) Laporta because I am prepared.

'I understand the doubts about me and my experience.

'I know I am here because of my time as player at the club, but I feel that in a couple of months, the doubts will decrease because I am convinced that I can do a good job.'

However, the former Spain midfielder refused to promise immediate success.

'I can't and won't promise titles from the first day because I think that would be a mistake,' he said.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barca fans, how do feel about the steps the new coach is taking?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 10:52:27 AM »
he going with youth.

what about henry though?

welcome to messilona.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco surplus to his requirements
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 11:37:50 AM »
BARCELONA, Spain: Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Deco are missing from Pep Guardiola's plans at FC Barcelona as the new coach begins the task of reversing the club's flagging fortunes.

"We are contemplating the future without them. The coach thinks this way after analyzing questions of performance and the (last) season," Guardiola said Tuesday at his presentation at Camp Nou stadium.

Ronaldinho, who has lost his status as the world's best player after a poor season, is currently being courted by Manchester City. AC Milan has shown interest in Eto'o, a three-time African player of the year who has scored 77 league goals in his four seasons with the club. Portugal midfielder Deco could join coach Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea.

However, Guardiola said France striker Thierry Henry and Mexico defender Rafael Marquez would remain at Barcelona.

Barcelona finished in third place in the Spanish league last season, 18 points behind champion Real Madrid — its worst showing in five years.

Guardiola said Ronaldinho and Eto'o would also stay if he "knew they would score 60 goals."

"If they were at their best they would be with us," he said. "We're planning the season without them but if they end up staying I will give my all to get them back to their level."

The new coach suggested that Ronaldinho's attitude was also at the heart of his decision.

"(If) he can get back to being the player he was, perhaps we could have a rethink. But circumstances are not what they are. I want a strong dressing room in which everyone feels important. That's vital. If we don't look after these aspects, we'll be less strong. And if Ronnie felt this, he would be with us," Guardiola said.

Guardiola, together with sporting director Txiki Begiristain, has already offloaded full back Gianluca Zambrotta to Milan, forward Giovani Dos Santos to Tottenham and midfielder Edmilson to Villarreal.

Sevilla midfielder Seydou Keita, Manchester United defender Gerard Pique and Villarreal left back Martin Caceres have joined, while Sevilla right back Daniel Alves says he has signed although the clubs have yet to confirm this.

Guardiola, whose only coaching experience has come with Barcelona's reserve team, was accompanied at his presentation by Begiristain and club president Joan Laporta.

The Catalan said he was ready for the challenge of becoming the 50th coach of one of the world's powerhouses.

"I feel prepared. If I didn't I wouldn't be sitting here. I don't have experience because I'm 37. If I were 45 I'd have more. There are lots of coaches the club could have chosen but they chose me. I'm not afraid," said Guardiola, who finished his tenure on Sunday by leading the 'B' side to promotion to Spain's regional third division.

Guardiola has replaced Frank Rijkaard, who was fired after five seasons in charge. Rijkaard led the team to the 2006 Champions League and Spanish league titles in 2005 and 2006.

Guardiola's appointment on a two-year contract was announced on May 8, a day after Barcelona suffered a humiliating 4-1 defeat to champions Real Madrid.

"I know the situation is difficult. We have to do well quickly. I'm not asking for time," Guardiola said.

Laporta, who is facing a motion of censure from a disgruntled group of club members, expressed confidence in Guardiola's ability to revive the team, which hasn't won a trophy in the past two years.

"He meets all the conditions to become one of the best coaches of Barcelona, if not the best. I feel proud as president to have influenced Pep Guardiola's story," Laporta said.

Guardiola was a key player for Barcelona under Dutch coach Johan Cruyff in the 1990s, and also played for Brescia and AS Roma in Italy before retiring in 2006.

He made 386 appearances for Barcelona as a skillful defensive midfielder and went on to become team captain. He won the Spanish league title six times, the Copa del Rey twice, and the European Cup Winners' Cup in 11 years in the team. He also played 47 times for Spain.

An occasional contributor to El Pais newspaper, he helped Barcelona presidential candidate Lluis Bassat in the club's elections of 2003. Bassat lost to Laporta.

Més que un club.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 12:00:34 PM »
Startin from scratch an option 4 we football but man eh willin 2 do dat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 12:09:52 PM »
Ah wouldn't call men like Pique, Keita and Alves starting from scratch. Dat is more like bringing in fresh blood. What he really trying to do is control people's expectations.
'I can't and won't promise titles from the first day because I think that would be a mistake,' he said.
In the meantime he making some changes to de team. It sound like dey had some chemistry/dressing room problems dis past season, so he removing de problems. Hopefully it work fuh dem.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

giggsy11

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »
I would keep Eto over Henrietta!

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 02:33:22 PM »

Me too!!! ALL DAY...ANY DAY!!

But right now ah feelin tuh cry....steupssssssssssss. Although ah kno Dinho was de closest tuh de door..ah was hopin dat things change and he stay...so ah eh suprised he on he way out...but King Samu...De Truth.....steupsssssssss. Dais like throwin salt in muh wounds yes...steupsssssssssss..Coachman chasing one ah de best #9's in de game and goin and search fuh ah nex one...steupsssssssssssss. Spinnin top in mud yoww...steupssssssssss!!

TODAY IS AH VERY SAD DAY IN SPORTS!!!

LONG LIVE KING SAMU AND R10!!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 02:47:29 PM »

But right now ah feelin tuh cry....steupssssssssssss. Although ah kno Dinho was de closest tuh de door..ah was hopin dat things change and he stay...so ah eh suprised he on he way out...but King Samu...De Truth.....steupsssssssss. Dais like throwin salt in muh wounds yes...steupsssssssssss..Coachman chasing one ah de best #9's in de game and goin and search fuh ah nex one...steupsssssssssssss. Spinnin top in mud yoww...steupssssssssss!!

Ah tink most people would do de same, so if Barca ready to let Eto go den something must be up. My thinking is he was causing problems internally.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 02:55:47 PM »

Ah tink most people would do de same, so if Barca ready to let Eto go den something must be up. My thinking is he was causing problems internally.

Yea Mose...ah feel so too cuz Guardiola say he want tuh build ah "strong dressing room" becuase dais de solution to we problem..and we all kno dat Eto'o and Dinho was causing it. But coachman cyar fuhgive and fuhget ras?? steupsssssssssssssssss
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 03:39:32 PM »

Yea Mose...ah feel so too cuz Guardiola say he want tuh build ah "strong dressing room" becuase dais de solution to we problem..and we all kno dat Eto'o and Dinho was causing it. But coachman cyar fuhgive and fuhget ras?? steupsssssssssssssssss

He can and said he is willing to do as much, IF, they (Dinho and Eto) get dey collective and individual acts together. Check it:
"If they were at their best they would be with us," he said. "We're planning the season without them but if they end up staying I will give my all to get them back to their level."

The new coach suggested that Ronaldinho's attitude was also at the heart of his decision.

"(If) he can get back to being the player he was, perhaps we could have a rethink. But circumstances are not what they are. I want a strong dressing room in which everyone feels important. That's vital. If we don't look after these aspects, we'll be less strong. And if Ronnie felt this, he would be with us," Guardiola said.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 04:10:33 PM »
Eto'o is one of the greatest competitors around. It is a mistake to sell him.

giggsy11

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 05:16:01 PM »

If they think Henry better for the dressing room than Eto then they should talk to Arsene9 about how he treated some the utemen at Arsenal. They will just be creating a similar situation with some of the utement at Barca. What because Henry was huggin up Bojan they think he supportive? Please he full of gallary and is big poser, not to mention unreliable and lacking heart! Give Eto a chance, but ah think his tme up because he out spoken. Yuh know how the establishment does get nervous when 'brudder' does speak his mind! I hope he ends up in a class organization which rules out Chelski!

giggsy11

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 05:19:16 PM »
Oh yeah Deco can haul he arse, he showed no class when he talk about he would love to play for Jose when Rijkkard's job security was being questioned.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 05:26:21 PM »
wait. what make allyuh think Eto'o want to stay?? I am one of his biggest fans, following him since his Mallorca days, but the time has come.

he has been pretty forthcoming in the press about wanting to leave Barcelona and about the kind of clubs he's interested in playing for (not Spurs). Personally, I hope he goes to Chelsea.

The fact of the matter is that this is what it has come to and Guardiola has no choice.

Eto'o fed up and ready to buss it.

Ronaldinho's head seems to be on everything else except football.

Deco also stated in no uncertain terms that his future lies elsewhere.

Its almost common knowledge that all three have been the source of the dressing room unrest and have derailed the team.

If its time to go let them go. Unlike whats going on over in Manchester, there willl be much less outpouring of tears when these wantaway 'big players' leave the club.

1]; } ?>