April 19, 2024, 12:24:48 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica Game (07-Jun-2008).  (Read 69965 times)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: Gardner: Jamaica Still the Best!
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2008, 11:41:19 AM »

reggaefart         jammedover2099                pussypaw                           leroy
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Know what's funny and ironic. My nickname in high school was "Ant" and "Joker". Guess which nickname sticks to me to this very day.  ;D

Dont know JamaicagunninfordeWCin2099

Wait until you see the new and improved version in "The Dark Knight" this summers. Millions will flood to cinemas around the WORLD to see the new Joker.
You can't keep a good villian down. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww!
jjbrown

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica Game (07-Jun-2008).
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2008, 01:26:53 PM »
Guys, hold off on the over-use of all kind of weird icons/pictures etc. Grown men should be able to get a point accross without having to resort to using pictures. Grow up fellas :) It look like somemen here getting nervous.

On a more serious note, I am tryingto find info on the last couple of games Jamaica played in T&T...scoreline etc. Tallman Flex anyone with the info on this?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »
Guys, hold off on the over-use of all kind of weird icons/pictures etc. Grown men should be able to get a point accross without having to resort to using pictures. Grow up fellas :) It look like somemen here getting nervous.

On a more serious note, I am tryingto find info on the last couple of games Jamaica played in T&T...scoreline etc. Tallman Flex anyone with the info on this?

But what de hell I seeing here.....go back on yuh own damn site and dig up de info yuh self....damn farse and outta place...steups.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2008, 02:15:57 PM »

http://roonba.50webs.com/

This website has everything about every country that has ever played football. Even as far back as the 1800.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 02:18:36 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2008, 02:32:34 PM »

But what de hell I seeing here.....go back on yuh own damn site and dig up de info yuh self....damn farse and outta place...steups.

LOL

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2008, 03:11:40 PM »

Help yuh self...

http://www.socawarriors.net/T&T_games_since_2000.htm

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2008, 07:04:53 PM »
In the match booklet yesterday it had another friendly against jamaica listed for the 1st of August. Somebody could tell me what that one supposed to achieve?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »
In the match booklet yesterday it had another friendly against jamaica listed for the 1st of August. Somebody could tell me what that one supposed to achieve?

Yeah I saw that and wondered about it too....I also looked for the other big game to come....nada
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2008, 07:32:25 PM »
JA V TNT on emancipation day so maybe we might b emancipated from d JWFF. I live in hope
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »
JA V TNT on emancipation day so maybe we might b emancipated from d JWFF. I live in hope

JW will jess turn into ah socuyant.. da is all..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2008, 02:38:52 AM »
TD to test Boyz blend with SVG game.
By: Ian Burnett Sports editor.

The Simoes search

Technical director Rene Simoes continues his search for the perfect combination and formation when Jamaica host St Vincent and the Grenadines in an international friendly here today at the National Stadium at 7:00 pm.

Today's encounter marks the second game for Simoes since his return to the helm of the nation's technical football programme, and it will also be the first of five games over the next two weeks.

The little Brazilian, who guided Jamaica to the historic France 1998 World Cup Finals, saw his side squander a 2-0 half time lead to draw 2-2 with Trinidad and Tobago on March 26; and following today's match, the Boyz will depart the island on Thursday for Trinidad for the return leg on Saturday. Then they hop over to Grenada for another test on June 10, before returning home for the first of two CONCACAF World Cup qualifying dates with The Bahamas on June 15 and 18 at the National Stadium and the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium, respectively.

Ranked 105th on the latest FIFA list, Jamaica's Reggae Boyz completed a one-week training camp at the Grand Lido Braco resort in Trelawny on Sunday, with Simoes and his technical staff tinkering all the time with personnel and formations.

Having employed the 4-4-2 formation in his first game back, Simoes used the 3-5-2 formation extensively during last week's training sessions, and at times appeared to modify that formation to a 3-1-4-2, but he was clearly uncertain about the personnel in midfield, though he appears settled on his strike pair of Marlon King and Ricardo Fuller.

Donovan Ricketts was the man in goal, and new invitee Simon Ford was used as a sweeper with the veteran no-nonsense Ian Goodison and Adrian Reid working as the man markers. Those players were set throughout.

At times during the week-long camp, Richard Langley partnered Ricardo Gardner, Obrian Woodbine, Jermaine Johnson and Omar Daley in midfield, with switches to include Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Rudolph Austin and Demar Phillips.

Last night, in what appeared to be the starting side, a new player emerged in the deep midfield holding role in Reno's Evan Taylor, and it will be interesting to see how the inexperienced player goes about the business tonight. He was flanked by skipper Gardner, Phillips, Austin and Andy Williams, who has come out of retirement, having last played for Jamaica two and a half years ago in the CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament in the USA.

Williams had his first kick-about in a tactical session with the first team last night, while the other members of the squad enjoyed scrimmage and technical drills.

The Reggae Boyz squad will be completed by Shawn Sawyers, Dwayne Miller, Claude Davis, Richard Langley, Jermaine Taylor, Obrian Woodbine, Demar Stewart, Kenneil Moodie, Omar Daley, Jermaine Johnson, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Luton Shelton and Deon Burton.

Tonight's game will be the ninth meeting between the sides, with the visitors having won just once, 2-1 in the Digicel Caribbean Cup qualifier here in 2006. That loss eliminated Jamaica from the tournament. But the homeside has the advantage with six wins and one draw against the 145th ranked FIFA team.

For Simoes victory is important tonight. "Victory is important because of the FIFA ranking, we have five games to do something, but we have to keep in mind that the most important thing is the World Cup (qualifier), but we want to improve our position in the ranking and we want to win the game," he said.

He also added that the players are very intense in their preparation, as each player wants to impress and make the squad. In fact, he said during Sunday's session he had to whistle players regularly for foul play, just because of the level of competitiveness.

The Brazilian conceded that the players are not yet fully fit for the World Cup qualifier, but are fit enough for tonight's game. He noted that the three games before the date with The Bahamas should be enough to get the players where he wants them physically.

Meanwhile, St Vincent and the Grenadines arrived in the island yesterday and held a training session at the National Stadium last night. New technical director/head coach, Englishman Stewart Hall, who has been on the job for the past four months, said he was looking forward to tonight's contest with eagerness.
"We are very much looking forward to this game, as we are preparing or the World Cup qualifier against Canada. We know Jamaica is a very strong team who will give us the kind of workout that we are looking for," he said.

They arrived with a 20-man squad, including seven players with international experience. They are Shandel Samuel (Jabloteh FC Trinidad), Theon Gordon (Ibero University Team, Venuzuela), Wesley Charles (Galaway United FC, Ireland), Wesley John (Porto FC, Portugal), Marlon James (Kedah FC, Malaysia), Cornelius Huggins (Kedah FC, Malaysia), Kendal Velox (Caledonia FC, Trinidad).

The squad is completed by Troy Jeffers, Roy Richards, Winslow McDowall, Melvin Andrews, Richard Hayed, Oscar Nero, Millon Prescott, Randolph Williams, Darren Francis, Alwyn Guy, Sean Glynn, Cornelius Stewart, Emerald George.

In their last three outings, St Vincent and the Grenadines have lost twice (0-2 against Barbados in March, and 1-2 against Grenada in February), while they ended 2-2 with Guyana in January.

They open their World Cup Qualifier against Canada on June 15 and 20.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2008, 07:14:54 AM »
I copied these quotes and highlighted them for one reason. To show St. Vincent, T&T, Grenada and the Bahamas the Reggae Boyz are coming.  :peace:

For Simoes victory is important tonight. "Victory is important because of the FIFA ranking, we have five games to do something, but we have to keep in mind that the most important thing is the World Cup (qualifier), but we want to improve our position in the ranking and we want to win the game," he said.

He also added that the players are very intense in their preparation, as each player wants to impress and make the squad. In fact, he said during Sunday's session he had to whistle players regularly for foul play, just because of the level of competitiveness.
jjbrown

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #162 on: June 03, 2008, 07:36:20 AM »
I copied these quotes and highlighted them for one reason. To show St. Vincent, T&T, Grenada and the Bahamas the Reggae Boyz are coming.  :peace:

Protect the shins

Dat only prove that de going out to play streetball and hurt people.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2008, 08:20:06 AM »

Protect the shins

Dat only prove that de going out to play streetball and hurt people.
That's the opponent's way of looking at it. Now what would an unbiased mind think?
jjbrown

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2008, 08:25:04 AM »
Like they don't expect much of a turnout for this game. Tickets are not on sale yet 4 days before the match?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2008, 08:26:57 AM »
Like they don't expect much of a turnout for this game. Tickets are not on sale yet 4 days before the match?

That's more reason to believe that they (the authorities) are unsure of wanting to play the game at the Oval...cant sell tickets until u 100% sure of where you want to stage the game...plus read this interesting piece  http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=36414.0
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:35:34 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2008, 08:35:09 AM »

That's more reason to believe that they (the authorities) are unsure of wanting to play the game at the Oval...cant sell tickets until u 100% sure of where you want to stage the game

Sando, u have me a little confused....they have advertised this game at the Oval a long time now....
Also, most people I've talked to are not prepared to pay $300 to see JA....I waiting to see if Trinis really dat foolish...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2008, 08:38:31 AM »
Brownsugar advertsing a game at a venue for a long time aint really nothing if no tickets has been available yet...if dem want they could just turnaround say the venue change because of dis and dat... wont hurt anyone cause no tickets has been available yet...and yeh dat price is outrageous to see a game vs JA
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:41:55 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2008, 08:41:20 AM »
Oh Ok...cool...I understand now... :beermug:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2008, 10:12:58 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i agree, like d jamaica website breakdown  :rotfl:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2008, 10:14:06 AM »
Reggae-Fan 
Reggae Guru   Join Date: Jul 1995

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-0 for england. watched teh game. The English looked to be uncomfortable playing in the tropical conditions. I think they were more thinking of hitting the beach than extending themselves agaianst T&T. They made 7 chnages in teh secnd half.

Would love to have them in the Office. I am sure we would have been able to give them a better game.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »
Trini_2010, seriously who gives a f*** about what the fella posts over there?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2008, 10:20:32 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i agree, like d jamaica website breakdown  :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yes I HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING NOW ;D ;D

RegGayBIG_STINK_FART..............you serious man :-[
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2008, 11:25:45 AM »

That's more reason to believe that they (the authorities) are unsure of wanting to play the game at the Oval...cant sell tickets until u 100% sure of where you want to stage the game

Sando, u have me a little confused....they have advertised this game at the Oval a long time now....
Also, most people I've talked to are not prepared to pay $300 to see JA....I waiting to see if Trinis really dat foolish...

You sounding like a typical "waggonist" there. You are not neccesarily paying to see the opposition, you are paying to see your national team play.
Jamaica had back to back crowds in excess of 20K for recent games agaianst Guatemala and El Salvador (played 3 days apart)...average attendance fee was US$45, which is close to what you paid to see England recently. The recent T&T Jamaica game pulled in 25K fans to the office.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 11:34:30 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2008, 11:46:36 AM »

You sounding like a typical "waggonist" there. You are not neccesarily paying to see the opposition, you are paying to see your national team play.
Jamaica had back to back crowds in excess of 20K for recent games agaianst Guatemala and El Salvador (played 3 days apart)...average attendance fee was US$45, which is close to what you paid to see England recently. The recent T&T Jamaica game pulled in 25K fans to the office.

trinidad culture different from jamaica. its just not the same. the majority of people aint paying that money for that game, that the way it is
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »

Reggaefart.....de TTFF just charge me $300. to see England (de real ones not de pretenders), my problem is I can't justify them charging me the same $300. to see de pretenders.....I prefer to save my money for the WCQ against Bermuda on the 15th which is more important to me in terms of supporting my team....
doh play yuh want to come here and question my loyalty to my team....again yuh just damn farse, bold and out of place....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »
I really not feeling that oval ting nah.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2008, 01:05:26 PM »
Aye gardener have some nerve to be talkin all this shit!..especially when jamaica have to play de Warriors in Trinidad soon...like he forget JA fail to qualify for the last gold cup and currently rank #105
Then a 88th rank "A" Soca Warriors should easily dispatch a 105th rank "A" Reggae Boyz team. According to this belief then most Trinis thought that their "B" team should have beaten the then ranked 103th second half "B" Reggae Boyz in The Office.
The second half B reggae Boyz? We did beat them. 2-0!

See. yuh not the only only could talk shite...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »

Whey sar...so is excess of 20K pay US$ 45 to see two shit side. Alyuh real hard up across there. Burrell Robbing alyuh blind......... For nearly the same price we see Beckham and Gerrard.

$US45 to see Carlos Ruiz RF.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2008, 01:33:05 PM »

It seems to me vaguely that the Reggae Boyz has a website that should have that kind of information. You should look it up sometime
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>