April 26, 2024, 06:05:17 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica Game (07-Jun-2008).  (Read 70353 times)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica Game (07-Jun-2008).
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2008, 02:33:20 PM »

You sounding like a typical "waggonist" there. You are not neccesarily paying to see the opposition, you are paying to see your national team play.
Jamaica had back to back crowds in excess of 20K for recent games agaianst Guatemala and El Salvador (played 3 days apart)...average attendance fee was US$45, which is close to what you paid to see England recently. The recent T&T Jamaica game pulled in 25K fans to the office.

Whey sar...so is excess of 20K pay US$ 45 to see two shit side. Alyuh real hard up across there. Burrell Robbing alyuh blind......... For nearly the same price we see Beckham and Gerrard.

$US45 to see Carlos Ruiz RF.

You wish you had even 10K turn up for a T&T match compared to the 2500 you and other Trinis point out after every match.
And talk about being robbed. Jack Warner let you each dish out $45 to watch two foreigners and their team (Beckam & Gerrard) instead of your own countrymen whom it seems were place on the back bench. A team that did not even qualify for Europe's major tournament. Talk about delusions of granduer.
We Jamaicans are proud of our team and willing to pay that price to see our Reggae Boyz. And the money goes into our football programme.
Thus the big crowd turnout. :beermug:
jjbrown

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2008, 02:45:44 PM »
You wish you had even 10K turn up for a T&T match compared to the 2500 you and other Trinis point out after every match.
And talk about being robbed. Jack Warner let you each dish out $45 to watch two foreigners and their team (Beckam & Gerrard) instead of your own countrymen whom it seems were place on the back bench. A team that did not even qualify for Europe's major tournament. Talk about delusions of granduer.
We Jamaicans are proud of our team and willing to pay that price to see our Reggae Boyz. And the money goes into our football programme.

More power to you. I personally admire you guys for that.
Now after the game will you please run back to wherever you were hiding for the last month or so?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2008, 02:49:06 PM »
Reggae-Fan 
Reggae Guru   Join Date: Jul 1995

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-0 for england. watched teh game. The English looked to be uncomfortable playing in the tropical conditions. I think they were more thinking of hitting the beach than extending themselves agaianst T&T. They made 7 chnages in teh secnd half.

Would love to have them in the Office. I am sure we would have been able to give them a better game.

What does Reggae Fan base that on? the six England give them the last time they played?? ::) :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:06:58 PM by Pointman »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2008, 03:51:21 PM »
Floodlights in the Oval ready for Warriors night game:
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,80038.html
if dem undermind the process that the government has started to get Jackula to come clean with his venue costs versus his profits then I dun wid QPCC

LOL when las yuh ent in the oval ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »
this just in Scotland in for Jones.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2008, 05:22:21 PM »

not that ah eh believe you eh..but source please?  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2008, 05:27:12 PM »

not that ah eh believe you eh..but source please?  ;D

Big Up!

CNC3 NEWS AND TV6

game at the Marvin lee stadium from 6
Youtube Channel

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »
CNC3 just say game to be played at Marvin Lee..
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2008, 05:31:38 PM »
CNC3 just say game to be played at Marvin Lee..

beat you to it too  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2008, 05:36:19 PM »

Now after the game will you please run back to wherever you were hiding for the last month or so?
I did disappear for about 2 months. Then 1 day a Trini poster wanted to know where I was.
jjbrown

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2008, 06:31:58 PM »

I did disappear for about 2 months. Then 1 day a Trini poster wanted to know where I was.
:whistling:
so the next question will be
How you know that if you was in hiding :rotfl: :rotfl:

anyway it is great to see such Crowd support at your games.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2008, 07:05:01 PM »

You sounding like a typical "waggonist" there. You are not neccesarily paying to see the opposition, you are paying to see your national team play.
Jamaica had back to back crowds in excess of 20K for recent games agaianst Guatemala and El Salvador (played 3 days apart)...average attendance fee was US$45, which is close to what you paid to see England recently. The recent T&T Jamaica game pulled in 25K fans to the office.

Whey sar...so is excess of 20K pay US$ 45 to see two shit side. Alyuh real hard up across there. Burrell Robbing alyuh blind......... For nearly the same price we see Beckham and Gerrard.

$US45 to see Carlos Ruiz RF.

No, $45 to see Ricardo Fuller, Marlong King etc. By the way, Jamaica leading St. Vincent as I type this...roughly 12K fans in th office for this low-key game. Ticket prices for this game have been slashed in half...roughly US$18 for the average ticket.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2008, 07:08:18 PM »
Geez why Marvin Lee...it too small for JA....unless we going straight back to pre-england attendance in which case fine.
They say when tickets going on sale cuz I eh know if it will be like before with no line to buy tickets.

Waiting for this game since that last draw....this should be good.

Who starting at right back for this game...recurring question.  Guess it should be Smith.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2008, 07:14:18 PM »
Geez why Marvin Lee...it too small for JA....unless we going straight back to pre-england attendance in which case fine.
They say when tickets going on sale cuz I eh know if it will be like before with no line to buy tickets.

Who starting at right back for this game...recurring question.  Guess it should be Smith
I think Smith should get the nod over Cupid...
On another note JA beating SVG is not really dat serious..we recently beat Grenada and Barbados with a weaker team than what we have now..and not many people will disagree that we will beat SVG with that same team
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 07:18:21 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2008, 07:21:39 PM »

Who starting at right back for this game...recurring question.  Guess it should be Smith
On another note JA beating SVG is not really dat serious..we recently beat Grenada and Barbados with a weaker team than what we have now..and not many people will disagree that we will beat SVG with that same team

This STVG team is the weakest team jamaica has played in a long time. Total waste of time in my estimation.  I guess this is good prep for teh wek Bahamas wo we will be facing next week

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2008, 07:23:34 PM »

This STVG team is the weakest team jamaica has played in a long time. Total waste of time in my estimation.  I guess this is good prep for teh wek Bahamas wo we will be facing next week

Jamaica's falling down in the 2nd half again. SVG just scored 3:1

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2008, 07:24:09 PM »
Against El Salvador it was standin room only so can u imagine JA so what time we reachin 2:00 2 get seats
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2008, 07:41:52 PM »
stueps, it have room on the roof  ???
Youtube Channel

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2008, 07:51:39 PM »

Jamaica's falling down in the 2nd half again. SVG just scored 3:1

4-1. 5-1. game of 2 halves...lots of subs, similar to what happened in the T&T game recently.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 07:55:45 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2008, 08:00:13 PM »

CNC3 NEWS AND TV6

Did anyone hear the reason for moving the game?

If I heard correctly, the Jamaican authorities complained
about the cricket pitch, and the uneveness of the QPO.

Wait, this is the same people who have a field covered
with timari, more than D Savannah, if dat is possible.

One can only presume, fete match have to play on
fete match field. If this was a real game, it would have
been in the Hasely.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2008, 08:05:25 PM »
Fete match especially since Pancho say he like HC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2008, 08:06:09 PM »

CNC3 NEWS AND TV6

been in the Hasely.

The pitch at the office was relayed a couple years ago. Judging on what I saw of the QPO field in the game you last played there vs Guadeloupe, that field is not suitable for international football. The notion of "fete match" is not something that serious football federations are aware of. World cup Qualifiers are less than 2 weeks away

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2008, 08:08:16 PM »

CNC3 NEWS AND TV6

been in the Hasely.

The pitch at the office was relayed a couple years ago. Judging on what I saw of the QPO field in the game you last played there vs Guadeloupe, that field is not suitable for international football. The notion of "fete match" is not something that serious football federations DONT subscribe to. World cup Qualifiers are less than 2 weeks away. enuugh of the jump up and wave yuh flag, its time to get serious fellas :)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2008, 08:08:31 PM »
If this was a real game, it would have
been in the Hasely.

I can't remember any game against JA being taken lightly.

I eh know when next we playing in them stadia with this rental agreement thing up in the air.  Bermuda game scheduled to be there ent?  Well this JA game done get shift...waiting to see what play out venue wise for the WCQs

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »
Doh let TTT confuse all yuh WCQ in HC he just have 2 pay 4 it now accordin 2 YB he does pay 4 everyting so y not 4 HC

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2008, 08:27:53 PM »
hadda admit that the Oval really aint no field for football right now with that cricket pitch
d rest of the field SWEEEETTTT!!!
have the privilege of trainin on it. ya could jus run on d outside of the pitch of course...
but i jus benning that i go hadda pay now rather than get in free!

sorry but there is no way i can and will fork out that kinda money for a game unless is a side like England
nothing about not supporting ma side cause i was there for every home WCQ except the last one unfortunately.

but the kinda prices we were paying, and to now pay $200 - $400 for a ticket??
and as much as i am a football fanatic, it real tough to roll out there from half 12 yes...
big up to those who could manage that one on a regular. Cause i cah see maself paying that kinda money to get seats behind d goal again.

Hope it show on TV! lol

anyone know if the England game showing anytime soon on TV again?

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2008, 09:54:55 PM »

Stern

Connell                                                     Edwards                     

Whitley                   Hyland                   

Telesford

Farrier                                                           Smith

Lawrence              Thomas                 

Jan Michael

Bench: Ince,M.Hislop,Daniel,Scotland,Roberts,Tinto,Cupid

If Mataz go in wit dis....we wud handle we stories.....wa alya tink?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2008, 10:01:51 PM »

Stern

Connell                                                     Edwards                     

Whitley                   Hyland                   

Telesford

Farrier                                                           Smith

Lawrence              Thomas                 

Jan Michael

Bench: Ince,M.Hislop,Daniel,Scotland,Roberts,Tinto,Cupid

If Mataz go in wit dis....we wud handle we stories.....wa alya tink?

i actually feeling that side...

you know what.

I would actually give Cupid another start in this game just to make a statement that I not pelting him under the bus.

the youngster need all the support he could get.

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2008, 10:08:31 PM »
Breds...I am very certain that Cupid would rise and keep that 'Right Back' position for himself.

He have wat it takes.  Jus need to work with him on his positioning.....especially with balls over the top and diagonal balls.

He is extremely good going forward and recovers well.....the positioning is something he will work on and make the adjustments.  He was exposed by a Primiership all-star team after all.  Remember it was his overlapping and cross that created Telesford's goal against Jamaica.

That being said, Kareem Smith does not offer much going forward but is simple,effective and solid at the position.  Time for him to get an extended run to see who is really better.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2008, 10:10:31 PM »
I neva agree wit playin 1 striker as 4 d support 4 Cupid is counseling he need I could organize dat. D time for proppin up man long gone.

1]; } ?>