April 19, 2024, 06:54:16 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica Game (07-Jun-2008).  (Read 69957 times)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica Game (07-Jun-2008).
« Reply #570 on: June 07, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »
On recent evidence, Costa Rica and the USA will have little trouble with T&T.
True. When was the last time that T&T even drew with any of those teams?
jjbrown

TrinInfinite

« Reply #571 on: June 07, 2008, 07:49:57 PM »
T & T 1 - JA 1

We lined up like this

Ince

Smith Hislop Lawrence A. Edwards

Telesford

Otis Hyland

C. Edwards Daniel

Scotland

I left home about 4:20 and was in a seat in the bleacher section behind the goal to the north at 4:45. It was me, Laventille riddim section and about 8 other supporters in that section at the time. Whoever thought there would be trouble for seats was dead wrong.

Anyway game start. And the usual pattern emerged. Slow easy passes in the defense, give Otis d ball let him change the side to advance up the wing and mostly on the left. The more experienced Jamaican side looked more confident in possession of the ball and sprung several through passes on the right side especially. Kareem Smith did alright with them but he his want to hold the ball was detrimental at times. Captain Whitley and lieutenant Lawrence scolded him for this.

Jamaican striker # 10 was rendered ineffective for most of the half due to combination of good organisation and relatively good offside trap the T&T defense employed throughout the game.

The comment about T&T being pressured more by Jamaica than England is absolutely true. There was definitely less time and space to operate in and the usual elbows and pushed occurred. Jamaica earned quite a corners and brought Ince into serious action twice in the first half. He parried both shots over the bar. He commanded his area well throughout the game and dealt with Jamaican crosses which to be fair, were not that impressive.

After the brief rain shower in the first half the riddim section emerged and so did T&T. Akile Edwards picked a loose Jamaican pass from a restart and had a nice interplay with Daniel who found Otis in space which Captain wasted no time with and dispatched it low to the Keeper's right. I think his(the keeper) view was impeded by his own scrabbling defense. I estimate it to be around 30 mins, I have to estimate because they forget to start the clock in the second half.

Jamaica began to take the fight to T&T more and Telesford went into the referee's book for showing dissent after he fowled a player 30 yards from goal.It was foolish and unnecessary. I did appreciate his fight throughout the game though.

To my left was a group of drunken rastas who was buildin a weed in the open for everybody to see. It was a cool scene, nobody ent do them nothing and police was still by the gate anyway. By this time they joined in a chorus of "Allyuh by nuts from meh nah" It was a jovial atmosphere up there behind the goal and first half ended 1-0 to the Soca Warriors.

The second half started and it was all Jamaica for the first 10 mins. They created several opportunities capitalizing on their speed advantage on the wings. Ince dealt with all their submissions with ease.

If allyuh find I ent talk bout Scottie is not because he play shit is just that he was the lone striker and it was difficult for him to do any thing with 2 hard back Jamaicans on him all the time. Mid way through the second half the service especially from long pass from inside the T&T half improved. Scottie as we know is not speedy but will hold his own, and so he did. He and Carlos had some nice interplay but It was quite isolated in my opinion. The progress always resulted in a pass backward to Otis or Hyland who had a quiet game.

Carlos was subbed for Carter, and Daniel for Connel and Edwards for Farrier I suppose the tactic was to bolster the defense by adding pace on the flank and be able to spring a counter when available. It worked once with Carter but the move was nullified by a wrong offside call. The Jamaicans had the ball for longer periods and pressed hard. T&T did not deal well with their pace and resorted to time wasting tactics. with more than 15 mins to spare. I was disappointed to see that we were unable to keep the ball away from Jamaicans after taking the lead. It was and open game throughout.

The Riddim section changed the beat to reggae and we started to chant "Beat Jamaica , Beat Jamaica now" with 5 minutes to go. The taunt was entertaining for the moment but did not deter the Jamaicans. They sprang another through pass where Ince was deemed to have impeded the attacker. PENALTY was the call from the bajan official. I can't say if it was or not from my angle. But Shelton I believe it was shot to Ince's right and beat him. Understandably the ref was very unpopular at this time and we began to chant that grand ole hymn "The referee is a Bullaman" He even blow the game off on a T&T attack. 1-1 it ended and fair result I think.

There is a great deal of work to be done. The defense does not deal well with pace at all. I am happy with Otis' performance but I still think there is room for improvement. It is good that he is coping with his leadership role and was our best player. Highland was not faded in and out of the game too often. I think Carlos had an average game. Ince recovered well from the England performance. If he did foul the player it was the single stain on good performance.

One Addition. The Jamaican subs where more effective than ours. I know we have a lil injury situation but that speaks to the issue of depth in the squad.

good report, i find it hard to swallow that we are playing 3 mids of the same mold, whitley, hyland and osei are all in my opinion defensive mids, i still cannot understand why guerra was not introduced into the game as a creative option in the mid, since to me from all the games ive seen has been our downfall, our defenders we all know are not a cohesive unit as yet but we need to inject the creative aspect into our mid, any 3 of those mids can play holding, osei is being deemed as a utiility man thats fine but whitley and hyland cannot play alongside eachother bc they are the same type of midfielder.

God is de BOSS....

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 07, 2008, 07:51:18 PM »
The commentators said Jamaica we gave you a better game than England did.

Lets not get carried away.

Its not me who said that boss, it was the commentators...all 3 of them concured

Forget how you play, you DID NOT WIN !!!!!!! shut the hell up..... playing good and not winning dont mean squat !!!!!

And you have never beated USA in qualifiers, so stop bragging about a tie... we been their and done that long time and with a FULL local born and bread T&T team too.... at RFK it was England Z team vs USA.... stop leaning on foreign born strength.... they are not true Jamaicans....

Not bragging re USA Sando, just making a point . Right we didnt win the game. disappointing result I suppose. Regarding thsi foreigh born crap. Question for you. If a cat born in a Kennel, does that make him a dog? :) I have kids born in teh USA...they eat Jamaican food, talk Jamaican talk, and are very Jamaican...just as well as they are American. The laws of our country makes them Jamaican citizens automatically. He heh. One word for you: CHRIS BIRCHALL!

Your kids are American, bottom line.... and where is Chris Birchall and if he does come back, we will have one foreign born, compare to JAM 20... you need a lot of help I see because your locals cant help... whats the purpose of the NPL ?

The fact that you dont have players born elsewhere lining up to play for T&T is not really much I can do about that boss. We have many more out there wanting to get in and still havent gotten the call yet. Ask Triniman to give yo a list. Nosworthy is still waiting to be called after declaring his hand. By the way, what became of Seabra? did he get his citizenship yet? What became of Cox? Ronnie Mauge?

My kids are americans by virtue of the fact that they were born here. That where it ends. 100% Jamaicans otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 07:53:07 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 07, 2008, 07:53:02 PM »
RF f**k off.. Jamaica didnt dominate .... They had not 1 clear cut chance... all their shots were wide and those that were on target were not troublesome to Ince...  The referee was the worst ref i have ever seen in my life... We scored a perfectly normal goal and it got ruled out for offside ... and then the penalty... unbelievable..the Jamrock shithongs didnt even appeal for the penalty...   

Simoes and Pacho almost fight after the game... Big quarrel start and both management team cuss out each other and had to be slightly parted... The players nearly brawled as well...  Botrh teams were committed to the nature of the game ... the Crowd passion was 20x better(and 20x smaller) than vs England..

The referee spoiled our deserved morale booster... Our youthfull Warriors should have beaten a Fully Strength Jamaica team ....  Akeil Edwards our LB is our best available LB but he is still nowhere good enough to what we need... Kareem Smith had a ok game... Nowhere near Cyd or Spann's RB ability...  Once we strengthen up the RB, CB alongside Lawrence and LB..we will be fine...  Bring back Birchall..Theobald and Sammy...and we have a f**king squad to make noise in Concacaf.... After Bermuda(should we move on)...Time for ALL BULLSHIT TO f**kING END

Btw Carlos Edwards was shit today...  did nothing and was completely out of it... seemed almost in another world.. Continue that star boy shit and he's in trouble...

We were Robbed of a needed victory...We were Robbed....... Gutted

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 07, 2008, 07:53:10 PM »
And y'all still avoiding the question. Are you truly happy with the finishing? Against the US, Costa Rica, Canada, Mexico they will definitely score on you. But if you can't return fire....

You asking a dumb question here Zandolie. Any coach would be converned if their strikers wasted 7 easy clear cut scoring opportunities. Costa Rica, USA, Cost aRica etc will score on T&T too if you dont fire. You didnt fire today, so you should be just as concerned as I need to be.

Our 2 starting strikers were missing. But back to the question, a defence can be tightened, but finishing is much harder to perfect. I donèt think this was just an off-day. In the last game you team also threw away many chances. It seems like a serious problem to me.....and your defence made some horrible mistakes as well.

Our team also lacks chemistry but that is also easily cured. In spite of the score and the game flow I think T&Ts problem are more easily fixable experience and chemistry problems while JA is limited by lack of quality at international level.

Time will tell.

So you saying Jamaica, having just totaly dominated you, doesnt have players of international quality? I dont think you have a better finisher anywhere in CONCACAF right now than Marlon King....he is up there with the best of them.  How many games have your coach had with this bunch of players? dating back all the way from the Guadeloupe game.  The chemistry arguement doesnt hold much water actually...this is only smoes 3rd game in charge...Maturana has had this bunch of players for more than 6 months now.

Who say JA totally dominated us...read the post above yours from someone who actually saw the game. And JA pressured us more than England is no big deal. England was VERY lackadaisical, so its no big honour to give us more pressure than them. At least we did not get 6.

Simoes may have had the players for only a short while but These JA players have played together many times before, they are vets. And for their performance tonight thats really disgraceful.

But this combo of T&T players have only played competitively maybe twice before this. And as you know from reading this site we most likely have a lot of problems with morale on this team that are not being reported in the media...not yet anyway.

But again so sad to see JAs team of veterans unable to fullfill their potential. Perhaps King and the rest will eventually get the hang of international football before the qualifiers start....

The commentaors said Jamaica outplayed T&T in all departments. I have no reason to believe they were being untruthful just to make Jamaicans feel happy. And no, Jamaica putting more pressure on T&T than England did is nothing special, its more like the norm (is that what you are saying?)

Hmm....the statistics dont bear that out.

And which commentator said that JA outplayed T&T in all departments. I must have missed that part. Im sure your team did well, but unfortunately could not score without the referees assistance. Again the impotency of  Jamaica at international level is really troubling. The Jamican lack of quality is not good for CONCACAF as a whole.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 07, 2008, 07:53:43 PM »

Forget how you play, you DID NOT WIN !!!!!!! shut the hell up..... playing good and not winning dont mean squat !!!!!

And you have never beated USA in qualifiers, so stop bragging about a tie... we been their and done that long time and with a FULL local born and bread T&T team too.... at RFK it was England Z team vs USA.... stop leaning on foreign born strength.... they are not true Jamaicans....
Question? Is Chris Birchell a true Trinidadian.
You should think and do your research before your questions come back at you and make you look dumb.
jjbrown

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 07, 2008, 07:55:20 PM »
The commentaors said Jamaica outplayed T&T in all departments. I have no reason to believe they were being untruthful just to make Jamaicans feel happy. And no, Jamaica putting more pressure on T&T than England did is nothing special, its more like the norm (is that what you are saying?)

Ok, you played better than us according to you (who didn't see the game and going on the comentators word), take that, but did you win ? you needed a penalty to tie the game, we scored on you twice and we also scored on you three times in Jamaica in the last game, one goal was dis allowed again. You have an EPL striker who you claim is the best in CONCACAF yet he score like 2 goals in his entire JAM career, Stern John scored 67, you have 3 other strikers/midfielders in the champion leauge and they produced nothing, they couldn't even beat a local T&T team.

Luton Shelton, Jermaine Johnson, Deon Burton (Champion league), Demar Phillips, Ricardo Fuller, Marlon King, Ricardo Gardener (EPL), Simon Ford (SPL), Donovan Ricketts, Omar Daley (league two).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 07:58:02 PM by Sando »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #577 on: June 07, 2008, 07:55:23 PM »
Correction on the report. Is Hyland who score , my mistake.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #578 on: June 07, 2008, 07:57:16 PM »
T & T 1 - JA 1

We lined up like this

Ince

Telesford

Otis Hyland

C. Edwards Daniel

Scotland

I left home about 4:20 and was in a seat in the bleacher section behind the goal to the north at 4:45. It was me, Laventille riddim section and about 8 other supporters in that section at the time. Whoever thought there would be trouble for seats was dead wrong.

Anyway game start. And the usual pattern emerged. Slow easy passes in the defense, give Otis d ball let him change the side to advance up the wing and mostly on the left. The more experienced Jamaican side looked more confident in possession of the ball and sprung several through passes on the right side especially. Kareem Smith did alright with them but he his want to hold the ball was detrimental at times. Captain Whitley and lieutenant Lawrence scolded him for this.

Jamaican striker # 10 was rendered ineffective for most of the half due to combination of good organisation and relatively good offside trap the T&T defense employed throughout the game.

The comment about T&T being pressured more by Jamaica than England is absolutely true. There was definitely less time and space to operate in and the usual elbows and pushed occurred. Jamaica earned quite a corners and brought Ince into serious action twice in the first half. He parried both shots over the bar. He commanded his area well throughout the game and dealt with Jamaican crosses which to be fair, were not that impressive.

After the brief rain shower in the first half the riddim section emerged and so did T&T. Akile Edwards picked a loose Jamaican pass from a restart and had a nice interplay with Daniel who found Otis in space which Captain wasted no time with and dispatched it low to the Keeper's right. I think his(the keeper) view was impeded by his own scrabbling defense. I estimate it to be around 30 mins, I have to estimate because they forget to start the clock in the second half.

Jamaica began to take the fight to T&T more and Telesford went into the referee's book for showing dissent after he fowled a player 30 yards from goal.It was foolish and unnecessary. I did appreciate his fight throughout the game though.

To my left was a group of drunken rastas who was buildin a weed in the open for everybody to see. It was a cool scene, nobody ent do them nothing and police was still by the gate anyway. By this time they joined in a chorus of "Allyuh by nuts from meh nah" It was a jovial atmosphere up there behind the goal and first half ended 1-0 to the Soca Warriors.

The second half started and it was all Jamaica for the first 10 mins. They created several opportunities capitalizing on their speed advantage on the wings. Ince dealt with all their submissions with ease.

If allyuh find I ent talk bout Scottie is not because he play shit is just that he was the lone striker and it was difficult for him to do any thing with 2 hard back Jamaicans on him all the time. Mid way through the second half the service especially from long pass from inside the T&T half improved. Scottie as we know is not speedy but will hold his own, and so he did. He and Carlos had some nice interplay but It was quite isolated in my opinion. The progress always resulted in a pass backward to Otis or Hyland who had a quiet game.

Carlos was subbed for Carter, and Daniel for Connel and Edwards for Farrier I suppose the tactic was to bolster the defense by adding pace on the flank and be able to spring a counter when available. It worked once with Carter but the move was nullified by a wrong offside call. The Jamaicans had the ball for longer periods and pressed hard. T&T did not deal well with their pace and resorted to time wasting tactics. with more than 15 mins to spare. I was disappointed to see that we were unable to keep the ball away from Jamaicans after taking the lead. It was and open game throughout.

The Riddim section changed the beat to reggae and we started to chant "Beat Jamaica , Beat Jamaica now" with 5 minutes to go. The taunt was entertaining for the moment but did not deter the Jamaicans. They sprang another through pass where Ince was deemed to have impeded the attacker. PENALTY was the call from the bajan official. I can't say if it was or not from my angle. But Shelton I believe it was shot to Ince's right and beat him. Understandably the ref was very unpopular at this time and we began to chant that grand ole hymn "The referee is a Bullaman" He even blow the game off on a T&T attack. 1-1 it ended and fair result I think.

There is a great deal of work to be done. The defense does not deal well with pace at all. I am happy with Otis' performance but I still think there is room for improvement. It is good that he is coping with his leadership role and was our best player. Highland was not faded in and out of the game too often. I think Carlos had an average game. Ince recovered well from the England performance. If he did foul the player it was the single stain on good performance.

One Addition. The Jamaican subs where more effective than ours. I know we have a lil injury situation but that speaks to the issue of depth in the squad.

good report, i find it hard to swallow that we are playing 3 mids of the same mold, whitley, hyland and osei are all in my opinion defensive mids, i still cannot understand why guerra was not introduced into the game as a creative option in the mid, since to me from all the games ive seen has been our downfall, our defenders we all know are not a cohesive unit as yet but we need to inject the creative aspect into our mid, any 3 of those mids can play holding, osei is being deemed as a utiility man thats fine but whitley and hyland cannot play alongside eachother bc they are the same type of midfielder.

God is de BOSS....
I thought the did ok against England

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 07, 2008, 07:57:27 PM »
RF f**k off.. Jamaica didnt dominate .... They had not 1 clear cut chance... all their shots were wide and those that were on target were not troublesome to Ince... 

your statements above contradicts a report below by someone who saw the game. It also contradicts with what the 3 commentators saw in the game had to say at the end. At the end of the day, a 1-1 tie is perhaps fair result.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 07, 2008, 07:58:25 PM »

You should think and do your research before your questions come back at you and make you look dumb.

Listen here yuh f**king c**t.... Birchall is more a Trini than most...  He was in tears about not being included recently for the recent games and you could hear it in his voice.... You think all your Brits give a f**k about your shitty yard?  If yuh see dem today...must be 2 could sing yuh anthem... Disgraceful ...

Just now all yuh Britz will do like Robbie Earl... take in the big games and duck the f**k out... Nobody cares about allyuh..nobody will bleed for allyuh... They just dere for so...  f**k you and f**k Jamaica and f**k any Trini who say shit to this..

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 07, 2008, 07:59:49 PM »
And y'all still avoiding the question. Are you truly happy with the finishing? Against the US, Costa Rica, Canada, Mexico they will definitely score on you. But if you can't return fire....

You asking a dumb question here Zandolie. Any coach would be converned if their strikers wasted 7 easy clear cut scoring opportunities. Costa Rica, USA, Cost aRica etc will score on T&T too if you dont fire. You didnt fire today, so you should be just as concerned as I need to be.

Our 2 starting strikers were missing. But back to the question, a defence can be tightened, but finishing is much harder to perfect. I donèt think this was just an off-day. In the last game you team also threw away many chances. It seems like a serious problem to me.....and your defence made some horrible mistakes as well.

Our team also lacks chemistry but that is also easily cured. In spite of the score and the game flow I think T&Ts problem are more easily fixable experience and chemistry problems while JA is limited by lack of quality at international level.

Time will tell.

So you saying Jamaica, having just totaly dominated you, doesnt have players of international quality? I dont think you have a better finisher anywhere in CONCACAF right now than Marlon King....he is up there with the best of them.  How many games have your coach had with this bunch of players? dating back all the way from the Guadeloupe game.  The chemistry arguement doesnt hold much water actually...this is only smoes 3rd game in charge...Maturana has had this bunch of players for more than 6 months now.

Who say JA totally dominated us...read the post above yours from someone who actually saw the game. And JA pressured us more than England is no big deal. England was VERY lackadaisical, so its no big honour to give us more pressure than them. At least we did not get 6.

Simoes may have had the players for only a short while but These JA players have played together many times before, they are vets. And for their performance tonight thats really disgraceful.

But this combo of T&T players have only played competitively maybe twice before this. And as you know from reading this site we most likely have a lot of problems with morale on this team that are not being reported in the media...not yet anyway.

But again so sad to see JAs team of veterans unable to fullfill their potential. Perhaps King and the rest will eventually get the hang of international football before the qualifiers start....
??? You forgot to talk about T&T's veterans who play in leagues overseas. ;D
jjbrown

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 07, 2008, 08:02:39 PM »
RF f**k off.. Jamaica didnt dominate .... They had not 1 clear cut chance... all their shots were wide and those that were on target were not troublesome to Ince... 

your statements above contradicts a report below by someone who saw the game. It also contradicts with what the 3 commentators saw in the game had to say at the end. At the end of the day, a 1-1 tie is perhaps fair result.

We were even... Yall tried to attack a bit more cuz we were sitting back on the lead... but we were even.. but we had the clear cut chances and a poorly called offside goal.. and a poor poor poor penalty... we should have gotten the win..but that's football...   no love here from me to you or your country...i'm sorry i just will never be on friendly terms with yall... that's how it's supposed to be...we all need a derby... war will continue next time we meet...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 07, 2008, 08:02:56 PM »

Not bragging re USA Sando, just making a point . Right we didnt win the game. disappointing result I suppose. Regarding thsi foreigh born crap. Question for you. If a cat born in a Kennel, does that make him a dog? :) I have kids born in teh USA...they eat Jamaican food, talk Jamaican talk, and are very Jamaican...just as well as they are American. The laws of our country makes them Jamaican citizens automatically. He heh. One word for you: CHRIS BIRCHALL!

Your kids are American, bottom line.... and where is Chris Birchall and if he does come back, we will have one foreign born, compare to JAM 20... you need a lot of help I see because your locals cant help... whats the purpose of the NPL ?
Wow! Another dumb question answered in the same statement. Seriously. :-[
jjbrown

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 07, 2008, 08:03:03 PM »

Ok, you played better than us according to you (who didn't see the game and going on the comentators word), take that, but did you win ? you needed a penalty to tie the game, we scored on you twice and we also scored on you three times in Jamaica in the last game, one goal was dis allowed again. You have an EPL striker who you claim is the best in CONCACAF yet he score like 2 goals in his entire JAM career, Stern John scored 67, you have 3 other strikers/midfielders in the champion leauge and they produced nothing, they couldn't even beat a local T&T team.

Luton Shelton, Jermaine Johnson, Deon Burton (Champion league), Demar Phillips, Ricardo Fuller, Marlon King, Ricardo Gardener (EPL), Simon Ford (SPL), Donovan Ricketts, Omar Daley (league two).

Marlon King scored a hattrick vs Haiti in the space of 30 minutes on the last world cup qualifying rounds. ...Haiti had a very inform player in their ranks for that game...guy called Peguero.  Marlon King scored two goals vs El Salvador in San Slavador the following week. Marlon King scored two goals vs St. Vincent earlier this week.  Thats more goals for Jamaica than Kenwyn Jones and Stern John combined for the past years for Trinidad! (including world cup games) And yes, there is a saying in football "the ball is round" recall how Sweden totally dominated you at teh world cup and couldnt score a goal (they had the likes of zlatan ibrahimovich and Henrik Laurson in their lineup. Point i'm making is that football is such a game! You very own in form striker Jason Scotland didnt even have a sniff at the Jamaican goal backs up my point further.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:05:53 PM by Reggaefan »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #585 on: June 07, 2008, 08:03:43 PM »
T & T 1 - JA 1

We lined up like this

Ince

Telesford

Otis Hyland

C. Edwards Daniel

Scotland

God is de BOSS....
I thought the did ok against England

hyland spanna ah man yes, whitley played his usual defensive role but what great passing ability do they possess? what dribbling ability do they possess to create chances for our strikers? the mid is the key to the offense and the bread and butter for the strikers, if you dont have a creative mid servicing the strikers you cant creat opps to score. That has been evident in all the games

God is de BOSS...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:09:03 PM by TI »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 07, 2008, 08:08:15 PM »

Now. Of those players you named. Highlight those born in Jamaica and those born in England.
Now. Think about previous statements that you have made about the bunch of foreign players that played today for the Reggae Boyz. 8)   
jjbrown

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 07, 2008, 08:09:09 PM »

Listen here yuh f**king c**t.... Birchall is more a Trini than most...  He was in tears about not being included recently for the recent games and you could hear it in his voice.... You think all your Brits give a f**k about your shitty yard?  If yuh see dem today...must be 2 could sing yuh anthem... Disgraceful ...

Just now all yuh Britz will do like Robbie Earl... take in the big games and duck the f**k out... Nobody cares about allyuh..nobody will bleed for allyuh... They just dere for so...  f**k you and f**k Jamaica and f**k any Trini who say shit to this..

Yep, Birchall is more Trini than most. Its very obvious.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 07, 2008, 08:10:44 PM »
Point i'm making is that football is such a game! You very own in form striker Jason Scotland didnt even have a sniff at the Jamaican goal backs up my point further
First of all.. DO you know how long ago the season over???. Second...Do you know how long he has been training with the Senior team??? OK
I not here to argue as like you I did not see the game, and will wait till then to make a judgement...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 07, 2008, 08:10:53 PM »

RF! The asylum resident is Back. :rotfl:
jjbrown

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 07, 2008, 08:11:30 PM »
You forgot to talk about T&T's veterans who play in leagues overseas. ;D

Yes but they did well. Lawrence was probably the best defender on the pitch. Scotland alone probably could have done more damage had he not been shadowed by 2 defenders, and they had their hands full. Imagine JA threw THREE frowards at T&Ts defence....and still were unable to score. Very poor. You really cant be happy with that can you. Imagine if T&T had Scotland, Jones and Stern all up front. Ther score would be like a basketball game.

Edwards had a quiet game. Consider yourselves lucky  ;D But thats it, only 3 players + Ince who were veterans. How do yall like Khaleem Hyland, our future JA killa. Just turned 19 lthis week by the way. wait until you meet his even younger teammates from Jabloteh.  :o

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 07, 2008, 08:18:11 PM »

Yep, Birchall is more Trini than most. Its very obvious.
??? And Burton is a true Reggae Boy. He just came to Jamaica with Fitzroy Simpson to train and keep fit. Then he was invited to the Reggae Boyz squad.
Robby Earl is a prominent commentator for the BPL Sunday games and still contributes to Jamaica's football programme. Fitzroy Simpson does the same.     
jjbrown

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 07, 2008, 08:21:31 PM »

Marlon King scored a hattrick vs Haiti in the space of 30 minutes on the last world cup qualifying rounds. ...Haiti had a very inform player in their ranks for that game...guy called Peguero. Marlon King scored two goals vs El Salvador in San Slavador the following week. Marlon King scored two goals vs St. Vincent earlier this week.  Thats more goals for Jamaica than Kenwyn Jones and Stern John combined for the past years for Trinidad! (including world cup games) And yes, there is a saying in football "the ball is round" recall how Sweden totally dominated you at teh world cup and couldnt score a goal (they had the likes of zlatan ibrahimovich and Henrik Laurson in their lineup. Point i'm making is that football is such a game! You very own in form striker Jason Scotland didnt even have a sniff at the Jamaican goal backs up my point further.

You talking about Marlon King scored a hattrick vs Haiti, well Stern John scored a double vs Mexico in a WC game.....

AGAIN...... Stern John scored 67 international goals for T&T including 25 World Cup Qualifying goals. Marlon King and Deon Burton combined cannot compare. And to make matters worst, King and Burton was BORN in England. Stern John is 100% Trini born and bread...... stop boasting on other cultures, Jamaica didn't creat Marlon King noe Burton, England did, Jamaican got ready make Boyz.

Sweden dominated us and we earned a point, they are a top team, Jamaica is not, you rely on other cultures to help youout.... !!!! no one will remember how T&T played, but the stat will show 20 years from now we earned a point aginst Sweden in the WC... and Stern record will always be 67 and counting...

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 07, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »

Yes but they did well. Lawrence was probably the best defender on the pitch. Scotland alone probably could have done more damage had he not been shadowed by 2 defenders, and they had their hands full. Imagine JA threw THREE frowards at T&Ts defence....and still were unable to score. Very poor. You really cant be happy with that can you. Imagine if T&T had Scotland, Jones and Stern all up front. Ther score would be like a basketball game.

Edwards had a quiet game. Consider yourselves lucky  ;D But thats it, only 3 players + Ince who were veterans. How do yall like Khaleem Hyland, our future JA killa. Just turned 19 lthis week by the way. wait until you meet his even younger teammates from Jabloteh.  :o

Zandolie, fact that Dennis Lawrrence was the best defender on the pitch is just a reflection of the fact that it was more one way traffick that anything else. And give your youths a round of applause...but dont forget we had a 18/19 year old debutant in our ranks today too in teh defence. He was the one taking care of Scotland.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 07, 2008, 08:23:45 PM »

And when was it that T&T gave Jamaica a basketball score?
jjbrown

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #595 on: June 07, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Much thanks Jah Gol..

What was the attendance like?
Poor, it did not even look like 2000.

unbelievable. not even 2000 spectators showed up to see the national team play? wow. I believe 25,000 showed up to see you play in Kingston last month.

we just have more waggonist than jamaica. disgusting to see how they bumping they gum in the england game and never see them again for another game.

Question. Did they set up those additional 4000 bleachers for nothing? or they never set them up again

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 07, 2008, 08:24:41 PM »

Zandolie, fact that Dennis Lawrrence was the best defender on the pitch is just a reflection of the fact that it was more one way traffick that anything else. And give your youths a round of applause...but dont forget we had a 18/19 year old debutant in our ranks today too in teh defence. He was the one taking care of Scotland.
..RF we all know there were more than one defender on Scotland all game..so dont start to talk out yuh arse

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #597 on: June 07, 2008, 08:27:48 PM »
I would be very disappointed If I were Jamaican. That is essentially your best team and you depended on a 89 min penalty to save your blushes. It was an open game throughout as I said.  Trinidad started 6 local based men and brought on 2 more. Our 2 best forwards were also not playing at all This is not an insignificant fact . 2-2 in Jamaica against an even younger squad which included 16 year old Akeem Adams and 17 year old Jamaal Gay. Now 1-1 in Trinidad. I am not happy with the result I thought we should have closed up shop. But Jamaicans should be even more upset. You can't beat an understrength T&T team home or away. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:51:16 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #598 on: June 07, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »
Much thanks Jah Gol..

What was the attendance like?
Poor, it did not even look like 2000.

unbelievable. not even 2000 spectators showed up to see the national team play? wow. I believe 25,000 showed up to see you play in Kingston last month.

we just have more waggonist than jamaica. disgusting to see how they bumping they gum in the england game and never see them again for another game.

Question. Did they set up those additional 4000 bleachers for nothing? or they never set them up again

An entire section to the left of the main stand was empty. The ones opposite the main stand were about 1/3 full. The ones behind the goal to the South where occupied by a T&T girls squad alone. The secondary covered stand had about 10 people in it.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 07, 2008, 08:32:51 PM »

Yes our mid is not quite gelled as yet so that apparently created alot of opportunities to exploit. This has been a conssitent problem of late. But Lawrence did handle everything coming his way quite handily, as reflected in the imcompetence of Jamaicas strikers.

There were at least two defenders on Jason Scotland. And Im told he ran them ragged and often held them off 2 at a time. It was poor service from that same midfield that held Scotland back from scoring, not the skills of your defenders.

Not to worry, we have at least 5 midfielders missing who can walk onto this team, two of which repped us in the world cup last year. And as for the JA players that you keep mentioning that are absent, can they just walk onto your team....probably not.

1]; } ?>