March 28, 2024, 05:42:05 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica Game (07-Jun-2008).  (Read 69493 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica Game (07-Jun-2008).
« Reply #540 on: June 07, 2008, 06:29:39 PM »
Puhleeze  Rf.....allyuh win by referee........That penalty was not a penalty as the tackle was outside the penalty area in additio to which the keeper got the ball, and we should have been 2 goals up in any case. What a horrible piece of refereeing!!

Did Jamaica win? I thoiught the game ended 1-1.

I can recall some ver bad refereeing decisions agaianst us in the past....so i suppose its good to have things go our way for a change. But i really dont think the refree had anything t do with the way the Jakans dominated you. The commentators said Jamaica we gave you a better game than England did.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 07, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »
that game was supposed to be dead and buried according to the commentators accounts, because that 2nd goal was called offside when the pass wasn't even completed...

piss poor officiating.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 07, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
Puhleeze  Rf.....allyuh win by referee........That penalty was not a penalty as the tackle was outside the penalty area in additio to which the keeper got the ball, and we should have been 2 goals up in any case. What a horrible piece of refereeing!!

I can recall some ver bad refereeing decisions agaianst us in the past....so i suppose its good to have things go our way for a change. But i really dont think the refree had anything t do with the way the Jakans dominated you. The commentators said Jamaica we gave you a better game than England did.

you and your side kick are the only ass clowns who can give a breakdown of a game you did not see
steupps

Offline Trinishottaz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 07, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »
FOOTBALLL IS A IS OURS JF track n field is alyuh sport good luck in  the Olympics  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 07, 2008, 06:35:23 PM »
The commentators said Jamaica we gave you a better game than England did.

Lets not get carried away.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 07, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »

Would it be the same commentator who said a draw come like a win for TnT..... :-\
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 07, 2008, 06:40:45 PM »
FOOTBALLL IS A IS OURS JF track n field is alyuh sport good luck in  the Olympics  :rotfl: :rotfl:
That's true. Just saw the turf during the sports report and it looked like a track turf. ???

What's up with that, Jack.
jjbrown

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 07, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
And y'all still avoiding the question. Are you truly happy with the finishing? Against the US, Costa Rica, Canada, Mexico they will definitely score on you. But if you can't return fire....

You asking a dumb question here Zandolie. Any coach would be converned if their strikers wasted 7 easy clear cut scoring opportunities. Costa Rica, USA, Cost aRica etc will score on T&T too if you dont fire. You didnt fire today, so you should be just as concerned as I need to be.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 07, 2008, 06:52:10 PM »
On recent evidence, Costa Rica and the USA will have little trouble with T&T.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 07, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »
On recent evidence, Costa Rica and the USA will have little trouble with T&T.

USA is running a 2 game winnless streak agaainst Jamaica in world cup qualifiers. Jamaica tied USA 1-1 in Kingson and the RFK last quaifying. Costa Rica...last game they played us ended 1-1.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad vs Jamaica (Delayed) NCC
« Reply #550 on: June 07, 2008, 06:59:02 PM »
game is showing at 9pm tonight delayed on NCC CHANNEL 4 dont miss it. ah make this post so people will not miss d game.

tape it nuh

dread i doh have nothing to tape it with  :( .
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 07, 2008, 07:00:23 PM »

Its not me who said that boss, it was the commentators...all 3 of them concured

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 07, 2008, 07:00:39 PM »
game is showing at 9pm tonight delayed on NCC CHANNEL 4 dont miss it. ah make this post so people will not miss d game.

tape it nuh

no dvd recorder  i sure want to see this game ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #553 on: June 07, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »

tape it nuh

triniman why yuh eh ask wim fuh ah kiss?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 07, 2008, 07:03:21 PM »

tape it nuh

the only dvd i have is on my pc, sad but true. i wonder where small mag is
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 07, 2008, 07:04:51 PM »

tape it nuh

triniman why yuh eh ask wim fuh ah kiss?

go so nuh go hug up pacho
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 07, 2008, 07:06:09 PM »

Steups....The fact of the matter is if the referee was half way decent the score would have been 2-0. If I were you I wouldn't take consolation in blatantly poor game changing decisions like those in this game. The referee was responsible for you not losing this game.

What the commentators meant was that the game was more intense because Jamaicans seem to be threatened by TNT, so you always bring your A game. :rotfl: We playing allyuh with a set ah teenagers for heavens sake. Funnily enough, most Trinis view Mexico and in particular USA as our real competiton, probably because for us, football began looong before 1998, Jamaica being a mere speed bump on the qualifying road.

So take yuh draw pardnuh. Thanks for the game. Hope allyuh learn something.

Two islands are better than one.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 07, 2008, 07:13:20 PM »

Forget how you play, you DID NOT WIN !!!!!!! shut the hell up..... playing good and not winning dont mean squat !!!!!

And you have never beated USA in qualifiers, so stop bragging about a tie... we been their and done that long time and with a FULL local born and bread T&T team too.... at RFK it was England Z team vs USA.... stop leaning on foreign born strength.... they are not true Jamaicans....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 07:15:13 PM by Sando »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 07, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »
And y'all still avoiding the question. Are you truly happy with the finishing? Against the US, Costa Rica, Canada, Mexico they will definitely score on you. But if you can't return fire....

You asking a dumb question here Zandolie. Any coach would be converned if their strikers wasted 7 easy clear cut scoring opportunities. Costa Rica, USA, Cost aRica etc will score on T&T too if you dont fire. You didnt fire today, so you should be just as concerned as I need to be.

Our 2 starting strikers were missing. But back to the question, a defence can be tightened, but finishing is much harder to perfect. I donèt think this was just an off-day. In the last game you team also threw away many chances. It seems like a serious problem to me.....and your defence made some horrible mistakes as well.

Our team also lacks chemistry but that is also easily cured. In spite of the score and the game flow I think T&Ts problem are more easily fixable experience and chemistry problems while JA is limited by lack of quality at international level.

Time will tell.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #559 on: June 07, 2008, 07:29:01 PM »
T &  T 1 - JA 1

We lined up like this

Ince

Smith              Hislop                 Lawrence             A. Edwards

Telesford

Otis           Hyland       

C. Edwards                                                Daniel

Scotland

I left home about 4:20 and was in a seat in the bleacher section behind the goal to the north  at 4:45.  It was me, Laventille riddim section and about 8 other supporters in that section at the time. Whoever thought there would be trouble for seats was dead wrong.

Anyway game start. And the usual pattern emerged. Slow easy passes in the defense, give Otis d ball let him change the side to advance up the wing and mostly on the left. The more experienced Jamaican side looked more confident in possession of the ball and sprung several through passes on the right side especially. Kareem Smith did alright with them but he his want to hold the ball was detrimental at times. Captain Whitley and lieutenant Lawrence scolded him for this.

Jamaican striker # 10 was rendered ineffective for most of the half due to combination of good organisation and relatively good offside trap the T&T defense employed throughout the game.

The comment about T&T being pressured more by Jamaica than England is absolutely true. There was definitely less time and space to operate in and the usual elbows and pushed occurred. Jamaica earned quite a corners and brought Ince into serious action twice in the first half. He parried both shots over the bar. He commanded his area well throughout the game and dealt with Jamaican crosses which to be fair, were not that impressive.

After the brief rain shower in the first half the riddim section emerged and so did T&T. Akile Edwards picked a loose Jamaican pass from a restart and had a nice interplay with Daniel who found Hyland in space who wasted no time with and dispatched it low to the Keeper's right. I think his(the keeper)  view was impeded by his own scrabbling defense. I estimate it to be around 30 mins, I have to estimate because they forget to start the clock in the first half.

Jamaica began to take the fight to T&T more and Telesford went into the referee's book for showing dissent after he fowled a player 30 yards from goal.It was foolish and unnecessary. I did appreciate his fight throughout the game though.

To my left was a group of drunken rastas who was buildin a weed in the open for everybody to see. It was a cool scene, nobody ent do them nothing and police was still by the gate anyway. By this time they joined in a chorus of "Allyuh by nuts from meh nah" It was a jovial atmosphere up there behind the goal and  first half ended 1-0 to the Soca Warriors.

The second half started and it was all Jamaica for the first 10 mins. They created several opportunities capitalizing on their speed advantage on the wings. Ince dealt with all their submissions with ease.

If allyuh find I ent talk bout Scottie is not because he play shit is just that he was the lone striker and it was difficult for him to do any thing with 2 hard back Jamaicans on him all the time. Mid way through the second half the service especially from long pass from inside the T&T half improved. Scottie as we know is not speedy but will hold his own, and so he did. He and Carlos had some nice interplay but It was quite isolated in my opinion. The progress always resulted in a pass backward to Otis or Hyland who had a quiet game.

Carlos was subbed for Carter, and Daniel for Connel and Edwards for Farrier I suppose the tactic was to bolster the defense by adding pace on the flank and be able to spring a counter when available. It worked once with Carter but the move was nullified by a wrong offside call.  The Jamaicans had the ball for longer periods and pressed hard. T&T did not deal well with their pace and resorted to time wasting tactics. with more than 15 mins to spare. I was disappointed to see that we were unable to keep the ball away from Jamaicans after taking the lead. It was and open game throughout.

The Riddim section changed the beat to reggae and we started to chant "Beat Jamaica , Beat Jamaica now" with 5 minutes to go. The taunt was entertaining for the moment but did not deter the Jamaicans. They sprang another through pass where Ince was deemed to have impeded the attacker. PENALTY was the call from the bajan official. I can't say if it was or not from my angle. But Shelton I believe it was shot to Ince's right and beat him. Understandably the ref was very unpopular at this time and we began to chant that grand ole hymn "The referee is a  Bullaman" He even blow the game off on a T&T attack. 1-1 it ended and fair result I think.

There is a great deal of work to be done. The defense does not deal well with pace at all. I am happy with Otis' performance but I still think there is room for improvement. It is good that he is coping with his leadership role and was our best player. Highland was not faded in and out of the game too often. I think Carlos had an average game. Ince recovered well from the England performance. If he did foul the player it was the single stain on good performance.

One Addition. The Jamaican subs where more effective than ours. I know we have a lil injury situation but that speaks to the issue of depth in the squad. 

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 07:56:22 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 07, 2008, 07:32:09 PM »

Our 2 starting strikers were missing. But back to the question, a defence can be tightened, but finishing is much harder to perfect. I donèt think this was just an off-day. In the last game you team also threw away many chances. It seems like a serious problem to me.....and your defence made some horrible mistakes as well.

Our team also lacks chemistry but that is also easily cured. In spite of the score and the game flow I think T&Ts problem are more easily fixable experience and chemistry problems while JA is limited by lack of quality at international level.

Time will tell.

So you saying Jamaica, having just totaly dominated you, doesnt have players of international quality? I dont think you have a better finisher anywhere in CONCACAF right now than Marlon King....he is up there with the best of them.  How many games have your coach had with this bunch of players? dating back all the way from the Guadeloupe game.  The chemistry arguement doesnt hold much water actually...this is only smoes 3rd game in charge...Maturana has had this bunch of players for more than 6 months now.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 07, 2008, 07:35:24 PM »
Much thanks Jah Gol..

What was the attendance like?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #562 on: June 07, 2008, 07:36:28 PM »
Much thanks Jah Gol..

Poor, it did not even look like 2000.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 07, 2008, 07:40:47 PM »

Forget how you play, you DID NOT WIN !!!!!!! shut the hell up..... playing good and not winning dont mean squat !!!!!

And you have never beated USA in qualifiers, so stop bragging about a tie... we been their and done that long time and with a FULL local born and bread T&T team too.... at RFK it was England Z team vs USA.... stop leaning on foreign born strength.... they are not true Jamaicans....

Not bragging re USA Sando, just making a point . Right we didnt win the game. disappointing result I suppose. Regarding thsi foreigh born crap. Question for you. If a cat born in a Kennel, does that make him a dog? :) I have kids born in teh USA...they eat Jamaican food, talk Jamaican talk, and are very Jamaican...just as well as they are American. The laws of our country makes them Jamaican citizens automatically. He heh. One word for you: CHRIS BIRCHALL!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 07, 2008, 07:41:44 PM »

Time will tell.

So you saying Jamaica, having just totaly dominated you, doesnt have players of international quality? I dont think you have a better finisher anywhere in CONCACAF right now than Marlon King....he is up there with the best of them.  How many games have your coach had with this bunch of players? dating back all the way from the Guadeloupe game.  The chemistry arguement doesnt hold much water actually...this is only smoes 3rd game in charge...Maturana has had this bunch of players for more than 6 months now.

Who say JA totally dominated us...read the post above yours from someone who actually saw the game. And JA pressured us more than England is no big deal. England was VERY lackadaisical, so its no big honour to give us more pressure than them. At least we did not get 6.

Simoes may have had the players for only a short while but These JA players have played together many times before, they are vets. And for their performance tonight thats really disgraceful.

But this combo of T&T players have only played competitively maybe twice before this. And as you know from reading this site we most likely have a lot of problems with morale on this team that are not being reported in the media...not yet anyway.

But again so sad to see JAs team of veterans unable to fullfill their potential. Perhaps King and the rest will eventually get the hang of international football before the qualifiers start....
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 07, 2008, 07:42:40 PM »
Much thanks Jah Gol..

unbelievable. not even 2000 spectators showed up to see the national team play? wow. I believe 25,000 showed up to see you play in Kingston last month.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 07, 2008, 07:44:29 PM »

Time will tell.

Who say JA totally dominated us...read the post above yours from someone who actually saw the game. And JA pressured us more than England is no big deal. England was VERY lackadaisical, so its no big honour to give us more pressure than them. At least we did not get 6.

Simoes may have had the players for only a short while but These JA players have played together many times before, they are vets. And for their performance tonight thats really disgraceful.

But this combo of T&T players have only played competitively maybe twice before this. And as you know from reading this site we most likely have a lot of problems with morale on this team that are not being reported in the media...not yet anyway.

But again so sad to see JAs team of veterans unable to fullfill their potential. Perhaps King and the rest will eventually get the hang of international football before the qualifiers start....

The commentaors said Jamaica outplayed T&T in all departments. I have no reason to believe they were being untruthful just to make Jamaicans feel happy. And no, Jamaica putting more pressure on T&T than England did is nothing special, its more like the norm (is that what you are saying?)

And yes, its a disgraceful performance by Jamaica not being able to dispatch you by at least the same score England did recently. Noty sure why you think the Jamaican players are all vets when we had a 18 year old debutant standing strong in our defence. So wait, these T&T players didnt play on teh games vs Puerto Rico, Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, the last JAmaica games etc? Apart from Stern John and Kenwyne, who are the other players who didnt play vs England? I dont suppose yo uare still counting guys like Latapy, Yotke, Andrews etc. Are you?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 07:48:26 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 07, 2008, 07:44:50 PM »

Not bragging re USA Sando, just making a point . Right we didnt win the game. disappointing result I suppose. Regarding thsi foreigh born crap. Question for you. If a cat born in a Kennel, does that make him a dog? :) I have kids born in teh USA...they eat Jamaican food, talk Jamaican talk, and are very Jamaican...just as well as they are American. The laws of our country makes them Jamaican citizens automatically. He heh. One word for you: CHRIS BIRCHALL!

Your kids are American, bottom line.... and where is Chris Birchall and if he does come back, we will have one foreign born, compare to JAM 20... you need a lot of help I see because your locals cant help... whats the purpose of the NPL ?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 07, 2008, 07:46:53 PM »
Much thanks Jah Gol..

unbelievable. not even 2000 spectators showed up to see the national team play? wow. I believe 25,000 showed up to see you play in Kingston last month.

we just have more waggonist than jamaica. disgusting to see how they bumping they gum in the england game and never see them again for another game.
Youtube Channel

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 07, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »

Steups....The fact of the matter is if the referee was half way decent the score would have been 2-0. If I were you I wouldn't take consolation in blatantly poor game changing decisions like those in this game. The referee was responsible for you not losing this game.

What the commentators meant was that the game was more intense because Jamaicans seem to be threatened by TNT, so you always bring your A game. :rotfl: We playing allyuh with a set ah teenagers for heavens sake. Funnily enough, most Trinis view Mexico and in particular USA as our real competiton, probably because for us, football began looong before 1998, Jamaica being a mere speed bump on the qualifying road.

So take yuh draw pardnuh. Thanks for the game. Hope allyuh learn something.

Rebuilding. Isn't this the same T&T team that lost 3-0 to a teen English team last week.
Keep telling yourself that T&T has a group of teenagers playing for you until reality really kicks in.
Then let's see how the quickly T&T public turns on Mutarana

jjbrown

1]; } ?>