March 29, 2024, 12:34:55 AM

Author Topic: Jones proud of TTFF honour.  (Read 929 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Jones proud of TTFF honour.
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »
Jones proud of TTFF honour.'
By: Sean Nero (Guardian Arena).

National striker Kenwyne Jones is proud to be named the T&T Football Federation’s Footballer of the Year. At the TTFF’s Annual Awards Ceremony held at the Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre on June 8, Jones copped the top prize. The 23-year-old who plays for Sunderland said the award was “a great achievement,” and was “proud” of the accolade.

“I'm really proud of this honour,” he told Arena during a telephone interview on Father’s Day (Sunday) from his home in Durham, England. He was at the time in the company of his wife, three children (one boy and two girls) and a relative. Earlier that day, Jones had gone to the airport to meet his family.

He was thrilled to spend the day with them. Still, he accepted the call as a mark of respect in his latest achievement and burgeoning career. Jones said the award meant just as much even though he’s injured.

“The award still means the same whether I’m injured or not. It’s just a bit disappointing not being able to show why I was given this award. “I didn’t really expect this award. Even though I play football for a living, it’s all about the love of the sport for me,” he revealed.

He declined making any predictions on his recovery time. Jones wants the healing process to take its natural course. Reflecting on his achievement to date Jones admitted he didn’t expect to be anywhere special in football as this time in his career, but he knew he wanted to get as far as he possibly could. “In five years, I would like to be at the top of my game playing for a big club,” said Jones.

Asked if he had any dreams to captain to Soca Warriors, he replied: “It would be an honour to captain the team for my country, but for now I’m concentrating on getting better at my trade. When the time comes for that it would take care of itself.”

Behind the Boot:

When not focused on placing the ball at the back of the net, Jones, who is six foot tall and weighs 190 lbs takes time to read.

His favourite book, at the moment is Repositioning Yourself by Bishop TD Jakes.

Who is Kenwyne Jones?

Kenwyne Jones is a humble, caring, generous, loving, God fearing man.

Fondest childhood moment?

Well, my fondest childhood memory was November 19, 1989.

What do you love about football?

I love everything about football, the passion , the good times and the bad.

What mark do you hope to leave in football?

Firstly, I would like to be the best I can be and to leave a legacy for my family.

Who’s your mentor?

I don’t have a specific one, but I learnt a lot from looking at my uncle and my dad.

What makes you laugh?

Basically anything can make me laugh, I like to laugh a lot.

Do you love movies, what kind?

I love movies and for me you can’t beat a comedy.

What other sports can you play?

I can pretty much play all kinds of sport: Basketball, cricket, table tennis etc.

What motivates you?

The fact that I’m able to do a job that I love and touch the lives of many.

What’s on your mind right now?

Well, food is on my mind right now and I’m about to go bubble a pot!

What do girls like/love about you?

I don’t know what girls like about me , you’ll have to ask them! lol.

How do you relax?

I would play video games, sleep and enjoy the company of my family.

The oddest thing you’ve ever done?

Can’t really think of any odd things at the moment.

Your Most embarrassing moment?

I fell down in front of 30,000 people for no reason.

Most Valuable lesson learnt? Who taught you that lesson?

Put God first. Why worry when God is in charge? My mom taught me the first one, I learnt the other.

Sunderland PR and Media Manager on Friday disclosed to the TTFF the latest update on Striker Kenwyne Jones.

Striker Kenwyne Jones has undergone a scan on his injured knee after returning to Wearside from T&T.

Jones picked up the injury in the international friendly against England in Port of Spain earlier this month.

The club arranged their own radiological investigations and have detected ligament damage which will require several weeks of conservative treatment.

After this period a further assessment will be undertaken to assess the full extent of the injury.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:30:36 AM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones proud of TTFF honour
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:37:47 PM »
He must b shock dey blacklist him eh play him 4 a yr but he is there player of d yr. Glad 2 hear d official story bout d injury now his speedy recovery is someting 2 pray 4
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 11:32:57 PM »
Interesting! Ah thought the reporter would have asked him about the TT loss against Bermuda.  Ah guess they save him the embarrassment.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:47:51 AM »
Interesting! Ah thought the reporter would have asked him about the TT loss against Bermuda.  Ah guess they save him the embarrassment.

I think this interview was before the match.

1]; } ?>