April 27, 2024, 01:41:49 AM

Author Topic: CONCACAF So far  (Read 2361 times)

truetrini

CONCACAF So far
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:11:38 PM »
CONCACAF qualifying round 2 at the halfway mark:
Grenada 2-2 Costa Rica
Antigua and Barbuda 3-4 Cuba
Suriname 1-0 Guyana
Guatemala 6-0 St. Lucia
USA 8-0 Barbados
St. Vincent 0-3 Canada
Haiti 0-0 Netherlands Antilles
Belize 0-2 Mexico
Panama 1-0 El Salvador
Trinidad and Tobago 1- 2 Bermuda
Jamaica 7-0 Bahamas

Honduras are through to the group stages after beating Puerto Rico 6-2 on aggregate.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF So far
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 06:36:55 AM »
And guaranteed to advance are in blue:

Grenada 2-2 Costa Rica                   Antigua and Barbuda 3-4 Cuba

Suriname 1-0 Guyana                     Guatemala 6-0 St. Lucia

USA 8-0 Barbados                         St. Vincent 0-3 Canada

Haiti 0-0 Netherlands Antilles            Belize 0-2 Mexico

Panama 1-0 El Salvador                   Trinidad and Tobago 1- 2 Bermuda

Jamaica 7-0 Bahamas

jjbrown

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 07:21:44 AM »
And guaranteed to advance are in blue:

Grenada 2-2 Costa Rica                   Antigua and Barbuda 3-4 Cuba

Suriname 1-0 Guyana                     Guatemala 6-0 St. Lucia

USA 8-0 Barbados                         St. Vincent 0-3 Canada

Haiti 0-0 Netherlands Antilles            Belize 0-2 Mexico

Panama 1-0 El Salvador                   Trinidad and Tobago 1- 2 Bermuda

Jamaica 7-0 Bahamas

Dem not guaranteed, but odds HIGHLY stacked in their favour.

Already Qualified - Knocked Out

Hondurus - Puerto Rico (6-2)

Extremely High Stacking Advantage - Probably no chance

USA (8 Home goal Win) - Barbados (Needs to win by 8 or more.. and not concede at home)
Jamaica (7 Home Goal Win) - Bahamas (Needs to win by 7 or more.. and not concede at home)
Canada (3 Away Goal Win) - St Vincent (Needs to win by 3 or more away)
Guatemala (6 Home Goal Win)  - Saint Lucia (Needs to win by 6 or more.. and not concede at home)
Mexico (2 Away Goal Win) - Belize ((Needs to win by 2 or more away)

Significant Advantage - Odds stacked against

Cuba (4 Away Goal Win, 3 Against) - Antigua (Needs to win away and score 3 away goals, or more if they concede any)
Bermuda (2 Away Goal Win, 1 Against) - T&T (Needs to win by 2 clear goals away)
Costa Rica (Away Draw, 2 away goals) - Grenada (Needs to win away or draw by 2 or more goals)

Slight Advantage - Still very much in it

Netherlands Antilles (Away draw) - Haiti (Needs to score drawing or win away)
Suriname (Home Win) - Guyana (Needs to win at home)
Panama (Home Win) - El Salvador (Needs to win at home)

That's odds based on scores not really regarding seedings, ranking, other factors. If we add other factors, Grenada probably has little chance since Costa Rica is a historically tough away fixture for even the mightiest in CONCACAF. Historically, T&T scoring 2 in Bermuda is not far fetched, but based on recent away performances I think the odds against are accurate. Historically, the chance of Antigua scoring 3 in Cuba in very unlikely as well. Based on previous meetings. Haiti would have the edge to win against N. Antilles despite the first leg. Suriname/Guyana and Panama/El Salvador are too close to call, personally I always think the team that can afford to defend and counter has an advantage (Suriname/Panama).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 07:28:10 AM by R45 »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:13:48 AM »
And now that you have pointed out the stats. The odds favourably guarantee that those teams will definately advance to the semi-final round. ;D 
jjbrown

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:14:22 AM »
And now that you have pointed out the stats. The odds favourably guarantee that those teams will definately advance to the semi-final round. ;D 

when yuh attempting to sound intelligent  but talking unadulterated SHIT...learn to f**king spell biatch!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »

when yuh attempting to sound intelligent  but talking unadulterated SHIT...learn to f**king spell biatch!

You angry today!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:04:23 PM »

You angry today!
I though Truetrini was going to wait until Sunday's 2nd leg result against Bermuda to start cussing us again. You know, just in case her Warriors make it pass Bermuda. But I guess the 2-1 loss must be more painful that I realized. ;D
jjbrown

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 12:07:48 PM »

You angry today!
I though Truetrini was going to wait until Sunday's 2nd leg result against Bermuda to start cussing us again. You know, just in case her Warriors make it pass Bermuda. But I guess the 2-1 loss must be more painful that I realized. ;D

Jamaica2099, I want T&T to rebound. It makes for a great Hex matchup (if they get that far) with them. Six points in the bag for the RBZ. If Jack Warner have his way and move the home games to the USA, it will be like another home game for us vs them...Wherever there are Trinis in the US, you probably have 3 times the number of patriotic Jacans .

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 01:48:27 PM »

You angry today!

Jamaica2099, I want T&T to rebound. It makes for a great Hex matchup (if they get that far) with them. Six points in the bag for the RBZ. If Jack Warner have his way and move the home games to the USA, it will be like another home game for us vs them...Wherever there are Trinis in the US, you probably have 3 times the number of patriotic Jacans .
I'm thinking the same thing. But doesn't it seem strange to you that we're not getting the amount of abuse usually aimed at us whenever we post. ???

Maybe after the 90 plus minutes on Sunday June 22, 2008. Things will return to normal. ;D

jjbrown

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »

Even if most of the favourites pull it of, it looks like we will have at least a couple of upsets.

Should be an interesting weekend.

1]; } ?>