April 23, 2024, 12:32:04 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (15-June-2008).  (Read 113787 times)

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I TOLD YALL THAT TEAM ISNT GOOD
« Reply #840 on: June 16, 2008, 08:26:15 AM »
yea alyuh do cause when i was sayin it alyuh looking at me like i is ah mad man....look hahah bermuda hav 3 foreighn players and look at d league dem play in lol, wow this is ashame .......... now watch alyuh begg for d coach to get fired , bertille better than this guy we hav now.... BRING BACK BERTILLE
bajanscout

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: GO BERMUDA!!!
« Reply #841 on: June 16, 2008, 08:26:46 AM »
I sure 95 and 102 so all yuh could try dem links
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 16, 2008, 08:27:18 AM »
There are a lot of problems and a lot of changes to take place for TnT to regain their credibility again in the CONCACAF (and then perhaps worldwide) region.

That being said and while a failure to qualify would spark a lot of these changes, I could NEVER support another team against my country of birth.

As much as men hated Mclaren and are now glad Fabio in place to make certain changes, I don't know any Englishman who was supporting Croatia to beat England in the Euro qualifiers.

TnT for life; through thick and thin

like i said, this is a shit thread..

no matter how men try dey best to cover it with the cloak of sarcasm.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: One for the Boys
« Reply #843 on: June 16, 2008, 08:38:07 AM »
i wonder how God is decide which prayers to listen too?  I mean I sure other teams and their supporters are praying fervently too.

No disrespect intended.

On top of that, God is not a Trini any more.. He moved.. I think to Grenada or something..  ;D

No man!  God move to Bermuda! 
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 16, 2008, 08:43:02 AM »
I sure 95 and 102 so all yuh could try dem links
Power 102 click on "Live Audio" button
I 95.5

Palos, I Implore you to change the Title of the thread
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:44:42 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 16, 2008, 08:55:44 AM »
As usual I does normally respond a couple days after the scene cool down...say wha ah hadda say in one and buss it....just my nature.  Forgive me for the length, but ah hadda vent  >:(

I intentionally did not go to the game, simply because I didn't think we would have performed well against Bermuda, and I have made it my personal decision to not openly support THIS particular NT team, because in my opinion it is not truly a national team, but a high profile club team made up by Mr Warner and his cohorts.  I was always against going along with this youthful experiment and paying my hard earned dollars ($300 a pop ?) to see an unworthy experiment against less than mediocre opposition, which somehow seemed to fool the uninformed public (inc some forumites) into a false sense of security.  A total disrespect for the people of T&T.

If you follow all the threads leading up to this game, you will realise that no one expected us to lose against Bermuda.  There were some cautious remarks by some, alluding to the fact that we should not count our chickens before they hatch....but generally the talk was how much goals we woiulda put on Bermuda...whilst Jamaica get they embarrassment on de side.

I stayed quiet when everyone else was lambassing RF and Lionpaw a few threads ago, after the Jamaica loss, and also about the predictions for the first set of qualifiers, for fear that I would be ridiculed by some poster who feels that he has the right, simply because he on the forum longer than me.  I was even a bit adventurous, and found relief when apparently no one took notice of my post saying that I was in agreement with RF's predictions that Jam stood a better chance of making it to the Hex than TT.

Now I see this thread sparking real emotions...the same emotions I was talking about when I said that there is a difference between wanting your team to win, and objectively considering the realistic chances of the team winning.

Palos, started the thread, obviously reacting to the hurt he now feels.  Men taking him to task for not putting his support where they think it should go, but I sure is no malice intented, is just that...a reaction to the hurt.  I sure Palos go be jumping if (yes, if) we beat Bermuda and move on to the next stage.  But we hadda understand each other's pain.  The pain that supposed to be directed at the TTFF.

Some even saying to blame the players.  I remember calling for a 'supportive' strike against the NT games a couple years ago, right after the blacklist.  Some say yes, but most say no back then...why...cause that is not the way to show support...de pen mightier than the sword etc...plus all of us like to go to the games anyway...is a nice lime.  More recently there was a call to wear black T-shirts for a cause.  I doh need to rehash the talk about the hot sun etc...all in all that didn't come off as planned.  Could it be that forumites chickened out ?  One set of badjohn talk on the forum, biting each other and when is time for action we is mouse/mice...whatever.

Now here the talk this morning...maybe this loss will help get rid of Jack.   :bs: :bs: :bs:
It didn't in the past, and by itself, certainly will not in the forseeable future.  So all yuh could forget about that...again, wishful thinking.

If WE doh start the revolution, then WE might as well join up with Jack and at least make back some of the money we spent out of it....then it wouldn't hurt too much when we team loss.

Thinking about it too...if I owned a company that is selling a product...a product that regardless of the wrapping, people still blindly paying top dollars for, plus ah getting sponsorship from all over the place...including the GOTT at times (because is in their interest to move the product as well), then why would I change that ?  Remember is not the GOTT company...IS MINE.  I could do what the hell I want and to hell with who vex.  I making the money....ticket or leave it.  I know allyuh will still be there at whatever grounds the experiment on show at in allyuh red jersey.  I go stay home and use mih sword pen until ah see change.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Somebody please call Soca 91.9
« Reply #846 on: June 16, 2008, 09:07:47 AM »
This man Andy Williams only biggin up JW and the next host doh know anyting about de situation so she cah counter what he sayin.
They talkin about how Hunte offered the stadium and the politics etc.
Somebody please call and bring dem up to speed nah.

The host just say how Oliver Camps and Jack Warner listenin to de program and emailin him.
Ey is only a setta UNC supporters callin in to diss de PNM.

Williams went on a tirade about how long JW has been funding football, and how the gov't has failed the Soca Warriors.
Oh gawd it annoyin meh.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:23:12 AM by Peong »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 16, 2008, 09:18:47 AM »
GO T&T!!!!!

It eh over till it over. Real sadness and dissapointment. But is two legs. So is only half time. Unless you name is Barbados, or Bahamas....sweat still orn. Come nah..allyuh know de side was tata long time and so what if bigger teams find us out later. the longer our team stays in the competition the better the health of our football. Hoping this will shake up the administration is a joke. It will only shake up the players who need support and experience. We hadda score twice in the 2nd leg to stand a chance. Like Just Cool does say..positive!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 16, 2008, 09:22:33 AM »
GO T&T!!!!!

It eh over till it over. Real sadness and dissapointment. But is two legs. So is only half time. Unless you name is Barbados, or Bahamas....sweat still orn. Come nah..allyuh know de side was tata long time and so what if bigger teams find us out later. the longer our team stays in the competition the better the health of our football. Hoping this will shake up the administration is a joke. It will only shake up the players who need support and experience. We hadda score twice in the 2nd leg to stand a chance. Like Just Cool does say..positive!

You really think so Filho?  What is our ultimate goal here given the level of admin. bureacracy mis-handling the dev. of the game in TT?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Somebody please call Soca 91.1
« Reply #849 on: June 16, 2008, 09:28:02 AM »
I listening to the conversation and he eh really saying nothing wrong.  He right.  Why should the TTFF take the stadium and let everybody go in for free.  Like the man say, like the TTFF doh have no overhead?

The TTFF right for turning down the sports minister's offer.

Trinis have to start thinking with their heads and not with their hearts.  Football is a business and yuh have to treat it as such.

I agree with Andy...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 16, 2008, 09:35:53 AM »
The stadium is one point of discussion out of many.
It is also one that is very recent, while JW has been sucking the blood of T&T football for years.
This host just supportin JW blindly.
I doh tink the stadium should be free admission, but the JW fans jumpin on dat, sayin Hunte is ridiculous etc, but that is just to deflect criticism from dey boy Jack.

Anyway de program done.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:43:44 AM by Peong »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 16, 2008, 10:17:20 AM »
GO T&T!!!!!

You really think so Filho?  What is our ultimate goal here given the level of admin. bureacracy mis-handling the dev. of the game in TT?

I thinking about the young players that getting a chance. I want them to face a higher level of competition, IF they eventually prove themselves good enough to get past Bermuda in the 2nd leg. big IF. Call me jaded, but I think it will take a lot more than a cuta$$ from Bermuda to really change the administration. That is a whole different issue that need tackling from another angle. That is a battle that has to be fought from within the TTFF walls..in the meantime, we have to hope our players get the maximum support and achieve the highest level of success on the field.....despite what going on in the admin.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 16, 2008, 10:32:30 AM »
People only saying we have to score twice, and dat is the easy part... Remember we also have to prevent Bermuda from scoring.....(Which they have done on 2 occasions in T&T.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 16, 2008, 10:43:45 AM »
Bermuda go play everybody in defense .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 16, 2008, 10:45:42 AM »
Q u tink?

Nah d obeah men on d site say we go win so whatever dey score we go score more
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: June 16, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
I listening to the conversation and he eh really saying nothing wrong.  He right.  Why should the TTFF take the stadium and let everybody go in for free.  Like the man say, like the TTFF doh have no overhead?

The TTFF right for turning down the sports minister's offer.

Trinis have to start thinking with their heads and not with their hearts.  Football is a business and yuh have to treat it as such.

I agree with Andy...

Arima yuh disappoint mih dey man.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 16, 2008, 10:48:27 AM »
GO T&T!!!!!

I thinking about the young players that getting a chance. I want them to face a higher level of competition, IF they eventually prove themselves good enough to get past Bermuda in the 2nd leg. big IF. Call me jaded, but I think it will take a lot more than a cuta$$ from Bermuda to really change the administration. That is a whole different issue that need tackling from another angle. That is a battle that has to be fought from within the TTFF walls..in the meantime, we have to hope our players get the maximum support and achieve the highest level of success on the field.....despite what going on in the admin.

Oh gosh filho....why yuh hada be de voice of reason....leh man bask in dey sorrows for one more day nah.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 16, 2008, 11:01:17 AM »
Preacher and injunchile..dem prayers eh wukk

Allyuh might hadda put on yuh bess robes and work find de right passage to unlock de win for the next leg
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 16, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »

...And if you have a problem with it, you and everybody else who have a problem could Haul Allyuh Collective MC!!

Damn dred, dat is de first time I ever see you so vex dat yuh cussin.  In dis case yuh damn right doh it is simplistic to infer from the title that you're supporting Bermuda over your squad.

Reminds me of the time I came home crying as a 6-year old because ah fella from de village beat mih up and make mih give up mih PTSC seat.  My mother march mih right into he grandmother yard and cut mih ass infront ah both ah dem and tell mih next time take mih pencil and jook out he eye, but doh come home crying tuh she... tough love necessary at times.  I guess some would say that she was supporting de fella over me.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 16, 2008, 11:20:59 AM »
GOD doh like ugly!

Ah hope dey boot we out of WCQ in de return leg.

Hopefully this is the catalyst T&T football needs to be rid of those that prey on our football to further their own self interests.
Shame on you Palos.. Yes dey played bad and I know yu upset but get yourself in order man and check yourself..
TNT will bounce back But its going to be a tough task to do so. Lets wish dem de best of Luck...
War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #860 on: June 16, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »
Sounds like the nonsense is continuing on 102 right now

http://www.power102fm.com/

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 16, 2008, 11:29:37 AM »
nonesense is synonomus wit 102. I in TNT and I doh listen 2 dem fellas I know all yuh homesick but dem idiots on dem program does make all Trinis look dotish

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 16, 2008, 11:55:02 AM »
GO T&T!!!!!

I hear yuh, one of the iota of positives that can be taken away from this mess
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 16, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »
If The truth be told- I just did not bother God against Bermuda. I did not think we needed help. This team was good for 4. In Bermuda I will have a serious talk with him starting from tomorrow.
 Look for a good result on Sunday.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 16, 2008, 12:16:56 PM »
Sounds like the nonsense is continuing on 102 right now

http://www.power102fm.com/

thanks for the link... ah listening to Jack and he nonsense now.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 16, 2008, 12:18:48 PM »
GOD doh like ugly!

Hopefully this is the catalyst T&T football needs to be rid of those that prey on our football to further their own self interests.
Shame on you Palos.. Yes dey played bad and I know yu upset but get yourself in order man and check yourself..
TNT will bounce back But its going to be a tough task to do so. Lets wish dem de best of Luck...
War
Well here's another one who agree with palos,you must be crazy or either living under ah rock if you believe we going anywhere further than bermuda,listen nah man bermuda is the last stop before a 4 year hiatus and if ah wrong they only prolonging the agony,simply put if it's not bermuda it's going to be some other shit team like we so arrogantly call them that going to do the damage..........     

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 16, 2008, 12:19:21 PM »
All he doing is blaming Gary Hunt.  Do you think this guy would be doing this if he wasnt in unc?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 16, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »
Anyone listen to Hunt press conference?

What JW saying in his own?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 16, 2008, 12:22:02 PM »
GOD doh like ugly!

War
Well here's another one who agree with palos,you must be crazy or either living under ah rock if you believe we going anywhere further than bermuda,listen nah man bermuda is the last stop before a 4 year hiatus and if ah wrong they only prolonging the agony,simply put if it's not bermuda it's going to be some other shit team like we so arrogantly call them that going to do the damage..........     

also not surprising...

when it rain, is all kinda insects does come out de woodwork.

giggsy11

« Reply #869 on: June 16, 2008, 12:31:46 PM »
No matter how bad yuh team is yuh should support them. That is just being spiteful.  If we who does support them feeling bad, how people think the players who acutally feeling about their situations? For people to turn their backs on the team is like giving support to Jack because he doing the same thing just in a different way.

1]; } ?>