March 28, 2024, 04:08:57 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica's Ricardo Fuller out for 5 months with knee ligament damage  (Read 4423 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Set to miss the start of the EPL season, after being hacked down by a bushman Grenadines defender

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/7460562.stm
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:08:26 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica's Reciardo fuller out for 5 months
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 09:11:47 AM »
Set to miss the start of the EPL season, after being hacked down by a bushman Grenadines defender

you calling Grendians 'bushmen', yet when we call jamaicans 'hardface' you cry racism?   ???

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica's Ricardo fuller out for 5 months
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 09:13:27 AM »

you calling Grendians 'bushmen', yet when we call jamaicans 'hardface' you cry racism?   ???

I suppose you have never heard of a "bushman tackle" in football parlance?
If you have, there would no need for such a stupid question.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica's Recardo Fuller out for 5 months with knee ligament damage
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:17:48 AM »
Who on dis site care raise yuh lil finger on your left hand
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:28:21 AM »
I hate Jamaican Football...but an injury is never good... Sorry to hear..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 09:30:42 AM »
Unfortunate for the player....especially since he has had knee injuries before.

Wish him a speedy recovery.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 09:32:57 AM »
Get well soon. Injuries are always tough.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:56:06 AM »
OG GORM MAN!!!..........Anything Kenwyn do, Fuller want to do
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 09:57:30 AM »

Més que un club.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 09:59:33 AM »
OG GORM MAN!!!..........Anything Kenwyn do, Fuller want to do
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 10:04:45 AM »

Let me guess, you live on some remote corner in Tobago right? you sounding like someone who doesnt get out of your house alot.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »

Why do you hate Jamaican football Lil'Magician? I suppose after all that beating we put on you in the past its only natural for you to not like our football.  ;)

Anyway, I really do hope stern and companypull through vs GrenadaBermuda...There is nothing sweeter than putting a beating on you guys in the Hex at "The Office", the AKA "The MECCA" of caribbean football.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:12:43 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 10:38:55 AM »

Why do you hate Jamaican football Lil'Magician? I suppose after all that beating we put on you in the past its only natural for you to not like our football.  ;)

Anyway, I really do hope stern and companypull through vs GrenadaBermuda...There is nothing sweeter than putting a beating on you guys in the Hex at "The Office", the AKA "The MECCA" of caribbean football.

Yes I would love for us to reach the HEX just so we can beat yall twice ;D... ATM it looks like both us will be packing after the group of 4 should we reach there... Unless of course our true squad can come back together and we get a new coach...  but things look grim...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 10:47:59 AM »

Since when de hell Jamaica was de mecca or is de mecca of caribbean football ? In de old days it use to be Cuba,the first caribbean island to qualify for a world cup ,then Surinam.Even Haiti and TnT have more claims than allyuh about 9 time Caribbean champions.
Anyway still sorry to hear about Fuller,he's a big lost for you'll in de next round.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 11:10:04 AM »

Since when de hell Jamaica was de mecca or is de mecca of caribbean football ? In de old days it use to be Cuba,the first caribbean island to qualify for a world cup ,then Surinam.Even Haiti and TnT have more claims than allyuh about 9 time Caribbean champions.
Anyway still sorry to hear about Fuller,he's a big lost for you'll in de next round.

Take two slow breaths in and out and calm down boss.  Read the post carefully before going off on a tangent.

I am yet to see a another caribbean nation consistently pull in crowds of 20K to 35K for friendly and world cup qualifying games like we do at the "office" (The new "Mecca"  :) ).  This has given rise to FSC Jamaica...and now GOLTV has chimed in with Jamaica WCQ games.

Cuba and Suriname might have been the Mecca 50 years ago....I didnt exist back then, so I cant comment on that.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:25:32 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica's Ricardo Fuller out for 5 months with knee ligament damage
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »
Hard luck dey for Jamaica... and for Fuller personally.  I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 11:25:41 AM »

Take two slow breaths in and out and calm down boss.  Read the post carefully before going off on a tangent.

I am yet to see a another caribbean nation consistently pull in crowds of 20K to 35K for friendly and world cup qualifying games.  This has given rise to FSC Jamaica...and now GOLTV has chimed in with Jamaica WCQ games.

Cuba and Suriname might have been the Mecca 50 years ago....I didnt exist back then, so I cant comment on that.

Mecca is normally used in historical sense,so probable mecca was'nt the word to use.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 11:40:02 AM »

I am yet to see a another caribbean nation consistently pull in crowds of 20K to 35K for friendly and world cup qualifying games.  This has given rise to FSC Jamaica...and now GOLTV has chimed in with Jamaica WCQ games.

Mecca is normally used in historical sense,so probable mecca was'nt the word to use.

MECCA

1)A place that is regarded as the center of an activity or interest.
2)A goal to which adherents of a religious faith or practice fervently aspire.
3)A place visited by many people: a mecca for tourists.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 12:58:19 PM »
RF:  Sorry to hear about Fuller and I wish him the best.  But o' god, it doh have no more bushman tacklers that allyuh Jamaicans.  Why are Jamaicans so agressive, better yet why allyuh so wild when allyuh does tackle?

When I taking ah sweat and dem yardies reach, I done.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 01:23:08 PM »
RF:  Sorry to hear about Fuller and I wish him the best.  But o' god, it doh have no more bushman tacklers that allyuh Jamaicans.  Why are Jamaicans so agressive, better yet why allyuh so wild when allyuh does tackle?

I cant recall the last time I Jamaican player get a red card in an international football game. So if the refs ok with our tackling, then who am I to pass judgement?  Jamaicans play with passion...it sometimes comes accross as aggresive play. Take a look at the African teams and you will see the same (Ghana, Nigeria etc)

Having said that, the absolute worse tackle I ever see in my life was executed by none other than.....ANCIL ELCOCK of T&T on Cuathemoc Blanco of Mexico. Blanco was out for a year after that I believe.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 01:24:31 PM »
Reggae fan like u 4get dis is a site bout sw so a J'can injured if a frenchman came and say bout Ribery same response I can hear bout them fellas somewhere else.Me eh wise d man get injured me eh wish he stay injured but in d scheme of tings on a site discussin sw who cares
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »

I cant recall the last time I Jamaican player get a red card in an international football game. So if the refs ok with our tackling, then who am I to pass judgement?  Jamaicans play with passion...it sometimes comes accross as aggresive play. Take a look at the African teams and you will see the same (Ghana, Nigeria etc)

Having said that, the absolute worse tackle I ever see in my life was executed by none other than.....ANCIL ELCOCK of T&T on Cuathemoc Blanco of Mexico. Blanco was out for a year after that I believe.

That's the worse tackle you ever saw?  Come nah man, that was a passionate challenge gone bad.  I guess you did not see what happened to Eduardo?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 01:39:33 PM »

Actually, Cuba did not qualify for the World Cup. They were invited after Mexico pulled out of the 1938 World Cup. Cuba emerged with some credit, though when they beat a strong Romanian side 2-1 in a replay after earlier drawing them 3-3. 
jjbrown

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 03:01:15 PM »

Granted, I do not watch all of Jamaica's games to know when was the last time someone got sent off.  But I remember a few years ago, Jamaica vs USA and ah man pelt ah tackle, waist high against Damarcus Beasley.  The tackle was so bad, the tackle happen about midfield on the left side of the pitch and the ref was on the right side of the field, the referee come running across the pitch with the red card in he hand.  He didn't even wait till he get to the player to show the card.  That's how bad that was.

But in general, Jamaicans is a bunch a wildmen on the pitch.  That is fact.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 03:02:47 PM »
The Bolton Wanderers of CONCACAF

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 03:25:36 PM »

Let me guess, you live on some remote corner in Tobago right? you sounding like someone who doesnt get out of your house alot.

Hey brother get off Tobago now.  Jamaica have more remote places than Tobago.  Ah bet you never see most ah Centarl Jamaica whey the bush men live.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 04:13:31 PM »
The very first time I saw Fuller I thought he was the best Jamaican player that I ever saw apart from Walter Boyd,hope he get better quick coz his absence could affect Jamaica effort.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 05:06:01 PM »
Reggae fan like u 4get dis is a site bout sw so a J'can injured if a frenchman came and say bout Ribery same response I can hear bout them fellas somewhere else.Me eh wise d man get injured me eh wish he stay injured but in d scheme of tings on a site discussin sw who cares

and let me guess, you live in some remote corner of Trinidad? ow often do you get out of your house?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 05:13:55 PM »
Reggaefan go look 4 some don in Arnette Gardens and pay some protection money and give me a break yuh yardi injured I will cry myself 2 sleep 2nite. Is a site 4 Trinis so go New Kingston and apply 4 citizenship or take d ole talk dat me eh care if he injured

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>