March 28, 2024, 03:34:37 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner and KPMG  (Read 3728 times)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Warner and KPMG
« on: June 18, 2008, 06:54:04 PM »
In my musings one thing stays on my mind. Why is Jack constantly shouting out the name KPMG?   Hmm for credibility I suppose. But how can a reputable firm like KPMG be so tardy in producing the accounts for the TTFF?..Are they awaiting bills and receipts that Jack is unable to produce ala Wim's salary etc? Unable to produce these documents is he deathly afraid to stick in any old receipt  that could make him end up like his compere Bas, facing a possible prison term for falsifying records? He knows fully well that Manning and co. have a whole slip cordon waiting for him to edge. And they waiting with baseball mitts too.
This could be far fetched but Jack never impressed me as the kind to pass up millions for the sake of a little accounting.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner and KPMG
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 07:16:34 PM »
A nex' important thread to stimulate our minds. FPATT or some other posters, say something please about KPMG please. Thanks.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:30:30 PM »
I waitin 2 here from KPMG dat they get d books. Dat go b a start
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:35:19 PM »
as David Ephraim says
"I watching with baited breath...."

we all know that Jackula is THE Master Illusionist within FIFA
dis is going to be his BEST TRICK yet.....watch out people

OR
he may just not come to the present Govt. for any money which is why he would need that Audit........simple......matter fix
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:40:35 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 10:00:23 PM »
Accountin 101 how 2 cook d books is part of d course. How u think Enron and dem ting was possible
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 03:39:50 AM »
Accountants will always offer you ways to reduce your tax liability and use Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAPs) to create a different view on the stability of a company.

I always recall that in the 1950s McDonalds were trying to create their hamburger chain, but their turnover was too small to borrow against. One of their directors (Sonneheim, I think his name was) used GAAPS to develop the franchise model they now use. McD's bottom line increased by something amazing like 1000% literally overnight!

However, it is completely different about creating legal accounts. They have to see bank accounts. They have to see the sourc of any funds. They have to see proof of how the money was spent.

Didn't Hunt say TTFF received $80 million since 2006 from govt? I presume that was included in the $173 million that the govt declared, but I'm sure some came after the $173 million. We know TTFF didn't get charged a stadium fee for the WC matches. They also received money from FIFA and CONCACAF.

So KPMG have proof of all of this income, but may not have proof of how it was received by TTFF. Remember, Jack has been accused of having match fees paid directly to him. How would that be accounted for. Jack has also said he has spent personal money on coaches fees etc and remortgaged a property? How would that be accounted?

Finally, Jack is not part of TTFF, so technically, anything he has done has nothing to do with KPMG. This could be the problem KPMG have got. If they have proof of money being spent in excess of money received, where did it come from?

It must be a complete mess. But they cannot submit accounts until their client has signed them off!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 07:21:30 AM »
Finally, Jack is not part of TTFF, so technically, anything he has done has nothing to do with KPMG.

He claims that when it's convenient, but he is a member of the TTFF 14 member executive by being appointed by the officers. He was also the chairman of the 2006 LOC which took in sponsorship money. As well as now the chaiman of the 2010 LOC.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 08:35:45 AM »
I know this maybe far fetched, but what about lighting a fire under KPMG. Start writing editorial about them and they posibbly being in bed with JW. Start asking questions of them on the radio stations. Unl;ike JW I doubt they will think that bad publicity is better than no publicity.

Since J give them the book why are they taking so long to get the accounting verified?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 09:05:52 AM »
Yep just like when u have strike action and u block other companies dey do business with so somebody post KMPG email and letter d writing begin

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 09:07:43 AM »
Accountin 101 how 2 cook d books is part of d course. How u think Enron and dem ting was possible
Yea, but where the ENRON chiefs now?  Either dead or in jail.  So go on Jack Try yuh ting!  Ah waiting with bated breath to see the handcuffs!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 09:12:37 AM »
Yep dey dead and in jail so wit creative accountin u go b found out if somebody lookin. D ? who besides we on this MB lookin

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 05:35:07 PM »
The delay may not necessarily mean that KPMG is cooking the books. KPMG could still be awaiting outstanding information from TTFF in order to finish their audit. KPMG could also be awaiting final payment before the furnish the signed audited statements (similarly to the arbitrator in England who wouldn't release his findings until the TTFF share of the fee was paid by the players).

Also, a KPMG signed audit doesn't necessarily mean that the books weren't cooked. If yuh "cook yuh books properly" the auditor isn't bound to find evidence. The type of audit they're likely having done is basically a double-check of your books to make sure no mistakes were made and that all entries are backed up. This is different from say a tax audit, which will look into the legalities of the monies you've earned and what was done with it.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
Auditing firms are SELDOM late with their audits. As a matter of fact i dare say they are NEVER late. MOST tmes, they have already done their audit, and handed it to the TTFF and now the TTFF is sticking.

I spoke to a padner of mine at PKF and they USED to handle the TTFF auditing. he advised me that i should look at the following

1. Obviously the Date on the Audit.
2. The Date on the Auditor's report as we as the Audit it self.

It is illegal to tamper with any of those, an I think KPMG should take it VERy seriously if this is done as credibility is on the line.

So lets see whats going on.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 05:43:15 PM »
The delay may not necessarily mean that KPMG is cooking the books. KPMG could still be awaiting outstanding information from TTFF in order to finish their audit. KPMG could also be awaiting final payment before the furnish the signed audited statements (similarly to the arbitrator in England who wouldn't release his findings until the TTFF share of the fee was paid by the players).

Also, a KPMG signed audit doesn't necessarily mean that the books weren't cooked. If yuh "cook yuh books properly" the auditor isn't bound to find evidence. The type of audit they're likely having done is basically a double-check of your books to make sure no mistakes were made and that all entries are backed up. This is different from say a tax audit, which will look into the legalities of the monies you've earned and what was done with it.

And you very correct. Auditor are usually NOT is a position to cook books, the TTFF will cook the books before hand.. Auditors basically report findings.. Hence the reason why we have to look carefully at the actual audit report.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »
Dey doh cook d books but dey give u d ingredients.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 11:03:26 AM »
Some interesting posts above on the accounting. O'connorg an' co. keep us posted please.
FPATT, Shaka and company please update us as this is a vital opening into Jackula's Pandora's box. It's all about the trail of the money. I repeat, it's all about the trail of the money....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KPMG
http://www.kpmg.com/Global/Pages/default.aspx

Is there a deadline by which KPMG has to report to satisfy the arbitration ruling?
Is there still a gag order on the Warriors now that the ruling was made?
How was KPMG selected? Fair and square? No meddling? Is KPMG controlled in anyway by the mafia in Switzerland? They are big firm.
What steps have been made in the auditing process and is there anything inappropriate to report so far?
Which journalist in T&T is paying attention to this story?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:15:05 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »
NONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Lisana might give we a lil update now and then but d media clueles

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 10:12:01 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YX8rX07fNEU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YX8rX07fNEU</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX8rX07fNEU
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MFyrv_LR2qo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MFyrv_LR2qo</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFyrv_LR2qo

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 11:32:41 PM »
Alyuh know what Auditing is???

Auditors provide reasonable assuarance that the financial statements are in accordance with GAAP. The key words are REASONABLE ASSURANCE.

Also, auditors have a level of misstatement that is allowed
e.g If a firm dealing with 10 million in revenue, the auditor may have his threshold at 50 000 to 75 000. If the mistatements fall between or under that figure, he not going to press management of the company about it, unless the auditor real anal.

KPMG is one of the big 4 accounting firms... yuh really feel dealing with up TTFF is going to dirty their name???

Because the TTFF have no shareholders or likely investors, is not like the TTFF going to press the auditors for the Audit report.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 07:09:23 AM »
i eh kno nuh
play allya fitball as best as allya can fellas
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>