April 27, 2024, 04:31:57 AM

Author Topic: Friends and Forumites let us pray.  (Read 6082 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Friends and Forumites let us pray.
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 09:27:09 AM »
In every country in d world it have poor peeps d bible say d poor will always b wit us but make a pass in Brooklyn and tell me the vast majority of dem Trinis who livin in dem dingy buildings doin good?

When u migrate is 4 betta not because yuh salary get cut and Robbie is a dog dat is y d vast majority ah peeps bust it in d 80's
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 09:31:14 AM »
ok friend take win.

Before Robbie and before salary cuts we had the brain drain in T&T.

Might be before your time though, but it is senseless making this a arguement.

There are myriad immigrants from all over the world..some make it some don't.

If you look at a country such as America and you take a look at Obama you will get my point.

In fact America was built on immigration...stands to reason that the majority of immigrants succeed at some level there.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 09:37:55 AM »
I specifically mention d Robbie yrs is because is dat period of immigation I was referrin 2 d immigration in d 60's was different and it eh have nutten as a sure ting so when u pack yuh bags and go in a next country is a risk yuh takin. But u eh want 2 do 2 jobs in TNT but u doin 3 in d US dat is my point.

Yeah d US was and continues 2 b build on immigrants me eh have no problem wit dat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
ok friend take win.

If you look at a country such as America and you take a look at Obama you will get my point.

In fact America was built on immigration...stands to reason that the majority of immigrants succeed at some level there.

GOD has a way of taking the same thing that people may have enslaved or looked down upon as dirt and cause it to rule over them to prove that He’s GOD. If we study about the biblical story of Joseph and his eleven brothers who sold him into slavery in Gen 37, we would understand why Obama is about to be the President of This Country. From nothing to something…From dirt to Man….From Slave to President of the United States of America.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 10:50:18 AM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 12:11:47 PM »
ok friend take win.

GOD has a way of taking the same thing that people may have enslaved or looked down upon as dirt and cause it to rule over them to prove that He’s GOD. If we study about the biblical story of Joseph and his eleven brothers who sold him into slavery in Gen 37, we would understand why Obama is about to be the President of This Country. From nothing to something…From dirt to Man….From Slave to President of the United States of America.

I heard some political talking heads saying that one of the reasons Obama is so successful is because whites associate him not with descendence from slave culture but with the story of the immigrant child who makes good.

His only relation to African Americans slave descendants comes from his mother. Remember in the earlies black Americans were very skeptical of him precisely because he appear "off" from the African American experience. Obama does push the immigrant story as he know he done "black" already. But I'll not take away from the man's accomplishments, he is a true pioneer and a decent man (so far).

As for this thing about praying...athletes praying for guidance to accomplish the task at hand and then thanking God in humility is one thing.  That is part of mental preparation, how atheletes find the focus neccessary to blowpast all the signals of physical and psychological stress.

And that is not directed at you Wehitis, I think you are very sincere in what you ask.  But when men get in front of TV camera and thank God for helping them get the jumper in the 34h minute, and then scamper off to bat liquor and run jamette????  That does irritate me to no end.

So when allyuh praying just remember is not just for victory to satisfy this "Kings of the Caribbean" ego, or fattening bank accounts, but for the warriors success to bring pride and brotherhood again. And that will involve more than just blessing Stern boots or God hand curling the ball in the V.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 12:30:03 PM »
D prayers is 4 a new day 4 football in TNT dat is want we need we want 2 win on sun but we need a new day witout d prsent jokers at d helm otherwise is d same pray and what dey say bout mad people doin d same ting and expectin a different result God eh mad so he must b tired ah we mad behaviour

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 12:54:02 PM »
ok friend take win.

I heard some political talking heads saying that one of the reasons Obama is so successful is because whites associate him not with descendence from slave culture but with the story of the immigrant child who makes good.

His only relation to African Americans slave descendants comes from his mother. Remember in the earlies black Americans were very skeptical of him precisely because he appear "off" from the African American experience. Obama does push the immigrant story as he know he done "black" already. But I'll not take away from the man's accomplishments, he is a true pioneer and a decent man (so far).

As for this thing about praying...athletes praying for guidance to accomplish the task at hand and then thanking God in humility is one thing.  That is part of mental preparation, how atheletes find the focus neccessary to blowpast all the signals of physical and psychological stress.

And that is not directed at you Wehitis, I think you are very sincere in what you ask.  But when men get in front of TV camera and thank God for helping them get the jumper in the 34h minute, and then scamper off to bat liquor and run jamette????  That does irritate me to no end.

So when allyuh praying just remember is not just for victory to satisfy this "Kings of the Caribbean" ego, or fattening bank accounts, but for the warriors success to bring pride and brotherhood again. And that will involve more than just blessing Stern boots or God hand curling the ball in the V.

Obama is not ah fool to stress that He's Black and Power to the people etc etc.  He knows that in order to win them you must join them. ;D Now his plans are to bring ah people together to prove that race or the color of our skin only separate us.  We were told that because of the texture of our hair, facial features and the color of our skin that we were lest or higher than other races. This was instituted by the Europeans during the salve trade to categorize ah people or separate them as salves mostly by skin color.  We must renew our minds in the way we think to receive this "change" as a people.  :)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:00:42 PM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 09:07:46 PM »
There are Americans who are "wukking"two jobs and "ketching dey arse," and they have never even left America.

Trinis who live in the US by and large do well.

my forumites.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>