March 28, 2024, 03:12:39 AM

Author Topic: Friends and Forumites let us pray.  (Read 5943 times)

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Friends and Forumites let us pray.
« on: June 16, 2008, 11:35:55 PM »
I just said a prayer for the warriors. I don't believe, rely or trust in any of them, but I pray that lame-o Stern John and the rest of our B team can miraculously beat Bermuda by the 2 goals and then a miracle can happen like getting Sancho, Birchall, Cyd Gray, Silvio Spann and Theobald and others back in the team because then if we miraculously beat Bermuda we face USA, Guatemala and Cuba and those teams can all beat us!!

We literally knocked Guatemala out of the WC and remember they beat us 5-1 before we beat them 3-2 at home so they will want to kill us USA will always make us look lame, and somehow everytime we play Cuba we seem uncertain... help me help us all.

I seriously prayed for Maturana et al our footballers and all in authority for us to qualify over Bermuda and then a resurgence of common sense to take over our team.

I don't agree with the inclusion of many of our players and all of our technical staff but I will always be a Warrior come hell or high water and have spent more money on seeing them in Germany and for the qualifying campaign in 2005 than any other thing in my life. My investment in them at this time seems wasted but no amount of money (over $35,000) overall could have given the satisfaction of the game against Sweden and the first 82 mins against England... Poor Sancho scored our only goal - an own goal against Kelvin Jack vs. Paraguay... and who could forget the odd 15 mins of Latapy's magic...

Sigh... forum I really don't want our Warriors to end like this... not another 4 years till 2012 for our next qualfying campaign. So not matter what religion, culture, creed, aethist you may all be let us pray... pray that we at least go out blazing in a trail of confidence and pride and NOT against Bermuda... Who knows if we can come out of the round with the 3 aforementioned teams... but what can we do...

All the stalwarts, like Touches, Flex, Tallman, myself, O'Connor, Andre Samuel, Jayerson and many of us on this site from since the year 2000 and too all others including Reggae boy etc... shall we all pray...

Amen.

Hyperhot J aka Jason.   
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Friends and Forumites let us pray.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 11:45:58 PM »
      Remember we beat Panama 1-0 in Panama in 2005 in order to qualify before playing Mexico... so the miracles can happen I only wish we get a proper right and left back and defence etc. And if Stern must play I hope he scores and if we get a penalty Whitley or someone else takes it...

J. 

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:14:10 AM »
II don't agree with the inclusion of many of our players and all of our technical staff but I will always be a Warrior come hell or high water and have spent more money on seeing them in Germany and for the qualifying campaign in 2005 than any other thing in my life. My investment in them at this time seems wasted but no amount of money (over $35,000) overall could have given the satisfaction of the game against Sweden and the first 82 mins against England... Poor Sancho scored our only goal - an own goal against Kelvin Jack vs. Paraguay... and who could forget the odd 15 mins of Latapy's magic...

All the stalwarts, like Touches, Flex, Tallman, myself, O'Connor, Andre Samuel, Jayerson and many of us on this site from since the year 2000 and too all others including Reggae boy etc... shall we all pray...

Amen.

Hyperhot J aka Jason.   

INVESTMENT  ???  :rotfl:

Thanks fuh lehin we know how much money yuh spend on yuhself tuh go Germany on vacation/WC   invest in de Soca Warriors,we was dying tuh find out.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 12:23:04 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 12:22:35 AM »
      Remember we beat Panama 1-0 in Panama in 2005 in order to qualify before playing Mexico... so the miracles can happen I only wish we get a proper right and left back and defence etc. And if Stern must play I hope he scores and if we get a penalty Whitley or someone else takes it...

J. 

You is de worst supporter/fan in de world. Panama victory was no 'miracle'. Mexico cut ass was no 'miracle'.So when TnT beat ah team is ah miracle ???.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 12:30:16 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 12:37:23 AM »
    Hey Berris a miracle in the sense that we were up against all odds and HAD to win... put your energies in hoping/praying for us to get through Bermuda first. Then if we reach into the final 6 we can always quarrel amongst ourselves.

Cool,

Peace..

J.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 05:04:31 AM »
Yea Jason, been a while u post.

Agreed breds, I praying for them too.
Lets save all the football arguments and negativity for next Monday.
We will have have either 3 months to argue or 3 years to moan.
Good luck Warriors.
Some good prayers, no KND predictions and we will win 3-0.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 05:50:20 AM »
Let not your hearts be troubled- Preacher and yours truly have it covered.
 It is a seven day candle that I am lighting this morning and I will light the entire stack of Votive candles on Sunday. The light will dispel the darkness. Faith will conquer despair . Passion will conquer fear.
 Character will trump nerves and We shall overcome.
 Why do you think they call us WARRIORS- Friends stop being worriors.
 Lets Keep the Faith

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 05:59:30 AM »
    Hey Berris a miracle in the sense that we were up against all odds and HAD to win... put your energies in hoping/praying for us to get through Bermuda first. Then if we reach into the final 6 we can always quarrel amongst ourselves.

Cool,

Peace..

J.

Read your self-aggrandizing prayer again and see if you put all your energies into supporting the players.

Even in your "prayer" yuh take time out to criticise "lame-o Stern John" and the "b-team".

That is hardly giving the players all your best energies.

On the other hand yuh didn't hold anything back when patting yourself on the back for your "$35000" investment and being a diehard on the site since 2000 (hooray).

Berris right to blast yuh.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 06:11:07 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 06:10:05 AM »
Dear Heavenly father,

I doh even believe in you anymore but for the sake of T&T and our 2010 World Cup Campaign I am making this humble supplication!

Please allow ah big stone as huge as Wim or better yet as big as Weary69, tuh fall from the heavens and hit Jack Warner in he punky forrid.

Amen!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 06:53:24 AM »
Dear Heavenly father,

I doh even believe in you anymore but for the sake of T&T and our 2010 World Cup Campaign I am making this humble supplication!

Please allow ah big stone as huge as Wim or better yet as big as Weary69, tuh fall from the heavens and hit Jack Warner in he punky forrid.

Amen!

:devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 10:14:27 AM »
yuh making joke ah meh prayers fella?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 10:58:41 AM »
Dear Heavenly father,

Amen!

Well blessed miracle, thank you Jack Warner, yuh f*ck T&T football so hard TT get a religious experience!

Either that or the apocalypse forthly shortcoming. Pray on brudder, God wukkin overtime now...Euros and WC qualifying nah.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 03:00:08 PM »
Ent Zando..de man making meh rethink meh para-dig-im yes (paradigm)      Maybe dey have ah God in trute..since Warner is de f**king devil incarnate!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 03:02:24 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »
Ah knew it would be worth my while to open this thread ...

Warriors over Bermuda ... watch de ride ...

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 08:34:34 PM »
Let's not be to loose with taking the Lord name in vain an thing.  Some people all they have is the Father.  God has blessed T&T.  Let's not forget that. I'm proud of my country, a small nation with big dreams.  Some we've actually accomplished.  We were the smallest nation ever to play in the World Cup.  If not T&T, who?  The World still talking about us.  Our goal is to blow by some teams like Hasley in that history race.  If not Sunday, then on the next time around.  The world will see us again.  Actually they can't wait.   
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 08:58:27 PM »
 :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I pray for TT
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 03:22:51 AM »
Even with a dis-jointed team Trinidad should be quite capable of beating Bermuda by at least 3-1,what I do hope is that they learn from their mistake of thinking that they would score from every attack.Their approach was far to frenetic especially the last 20 mins.We are capable of much better if we use a little more brain than brawn.No biff-bang or blood and guts football is going to take us through,roll up yuh sleeves pull up yuh sox but be calculating in what you do.Best wishes and I will be saying a pray befor kick-off and thanking the Lord when we win.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 04:42:24 AM »
Dear Heavenly father,

Amen!

Geezan ages..!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 04:59:27 AM »
So If a man in Bermuda praying right now, Who God supporting?
God have the new Adidas kit? Red or white? God helping with the flag?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 05:02:22 AM »
Well you know we in some straights when you get truetrini praying be it in jest or not.
ah know ah did see 2 a blue moon last night.
now all ah ahdda notice is de 2 douen holding the lagabless hand and eating ah boil corn.....
then ah know is de end.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 08:20:44 AM »

Yuh forget God is ah trini.... and he here on the forum too!
de problem is... who here does do any wuk when TNT playing??

God stop playind de arse and go and do some work!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 08:33:07 AM »

I pretty sure Jesus is a Mexican though. That might be our problem right there. The man wukkin 3 jobs already.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 08:36:34 AM »

I pretty sure Jesus is a Mexican though. That might be our problem right there. The man wukkin 3 jobs already.
HOW allya could talk sooo

dais not the SPIRIT :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 08:37:40 AM »
Maybe Jesus should have been called up tp replace Ince...afterall he does save...ent?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
Well if is 3 jobs is d criteria he could really be Trini a Trini in NY who give up he 1 wuk in tnt 2 go 2 NY 2 ketch he tail.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 08:42:35 AM »
Well if is 3 jobs is d criteria he could really be Trini a Trini in NY who give up he 1 wuk in tnt 2 go 2 NY 2 ketch he tail.

what about those trinis who gave up nutten in T&T and are doing quite well in NY?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 08:54:56 AM »
No beef wit them as my sister is in Maryland doin much betta than if she was in TNT but we quick 2 laugh at Mexicans and it have some Trinis who cyah even afford 2 buy d return ticket home and dey in Brooklyn 4 20 yrs and if Bush say amnesty in d mornin dey eh go have money 2 pay immigration.

I know people give up d good wuk in Bank 2 b in Brooklyn ketchin dey tail 2 doin 2 wuk and shame 2 come home
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 09:17:23 AM »
There are Americans who are "wukking"two jobs and "ketching dey arse," and they have never even left America.

Trinis who live in the US by and large do well.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 09:21:40 AM »
I will pray with faith but does GOD really get any pleasure out of this that He would grant our prayers victories relating to "SPORTS"? I'm a Knicks fan and I have prayed hard for many of years and the result speaks for itself. We know that GOD is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we may ask of HIM. I believe that sport is rather left upon to each player individually to contribute to the best of their natural ability. Now there a twist to all of this...are certain athletes gifted to play a specific sport? Yes they are…Latas…Dwight…Maradona…Platini….Zeco…MJ…Magic Johnson…Tiger Woods etc. Then the LORD enjoys watching the games...I would believe.   The bibles also says in Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  IF we delight ourselves in the LORD he will give us another WC! So it’s up to our faith to trust and believe and Delight ourselves in Him…so things could happen.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 09:27:59 AM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>