March 28, 2024, 02:26:32 PM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164776 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #660 on: April 01, 2019, 05:41:51 PM »
Dylan Carter, lilman and Trini born Joshua Liendo at Canadian swim trials starting Wednesday

https://www.swimming.ca/en/events-results/events/2019-canadian-swimming-trials/

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 13, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »
Real tough year for lilman. Battling shoulder and nerve impingement injuries. Fell to top 50(in Canada) in the freestyles and top 30 in the flys.
We begging him to take a break and try to relax the areas, just do simple stretching and physio..but he still want to continue weight training. Finally he an Mama had it out. Hope he listens positively.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 16, 2019, 03:23:25 AM »
Way to go Joshua..
https://swimswam.com/liendo-breaks-meet-age-group-records-in-50-free-on-day-2-of-oji/

Joshua is TT born.

Congrats to Dylan Carter. Bronze in the 50. in the World championship in China.
Don't forget, Dylan's 34 th in 50 free, Cadell Lyon placing 36 th in the 200 back, and 37 th in 100 fly.
Great acomplishments as well. well represented.
Joshua still bussing times
https://www.swimrankings.net/index.php?page=athleteDetail&athleteId=4888155

No 1 in Canada at 17 in a few. Maybe lilman could ask him to wave a lil TT flag at Olympics, if he still cares.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 16, 2019, 03:38:34 AM »
Swima, the youths from Britain was flying at OJI. Ontario junior intl. Check 16 yr old MATT Richards.

https://www.swimrankings.net/index.php?page=athleteDetail&athleteId=4908294

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 31, 2019, 11:37:40 AM »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 08, 2021, 11:30:03 PM »
#1 in and for Canada at 18 . Way to go Josh. 50,100 free & 100 fly.

http://swimontario.com/news_detail.php?id=3423

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 09, 2021, 05:54:35 AM »

In past, he played the double bass and cello in the school orchestra and was also in the jazz band.

I presume that is steelpan?!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 12, 2021, 10:06:03 PM »

In past, he played the double bass and cello in the school orchestra and was also in the jazz band.

i doubt it. Most elementary schools (add: in Canada) don't have full jazz bands, although they will have music bands and I know of only one that has steelband (in Mtl - Coronation Elementary https://whensteeltalks.ning.com/page/coronation-elementary-school-s-steel-pan-band-in-the-news). Very few highschools can also afford steelbands as well. So I didn't consider it. I feel it's the stringed instruments. I would ask lilman to find out, but it ain't that important.

https://fb.watch/5so8DsyR5S/
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 10:13:57 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 13, 2021, 11:10:46 PM »

i doubt it. Most elementary schools (add: in Canada) don't have full jazz bands, although they will have music bands and I know of only one that has steelband (in Mtl - Coronation Elementary https://whensteeltalks.ning.com/page/coronation-elementary-school-s-steel-pan-band-in-the-news). Very few highschools can also afford steelbands as well. So I didn't consider it. I feel it's the stringed instruments. I would ask lilman to find out, but it ain't that important.

https://fb.watch/5so8DsyR5S/

Cool!!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 24, 2021, 05:45:50 AM »

How many of our ' lil swimmers ' are meeting Olympic standards world Champs standards and qualifying for Olympics and Major global championships over the years? I dont see any! Look at Olympics this year. Only Dylan Carter. Where is our talent going? Is it reaching its full potential?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 24, 2021, 11:26:59 PM »

How many of our ' lil swimmers ' are meeting Olympic standards world Champs standards and qualifying for Olympics and Major global championships over the years? I dont see any! Look at Olympics this year. Only Dylan Carter. Where is our talent going? Is it reaching its full potential?

Swimming like football and other sports have problem where it concerns youth development. It continues to be a sport where most of our top swimmers have always come from the parents with a healthy amount of income. A parent could target the money to his son or daughter. It is unfortunate that this happens. Where is corporate TT? When was the last time a good swimmer come out from Central, South or EasternCounties? never!!! I watch the US swimming trials for Tokyo. The heats for some races are 4 to 5 deep. Unbelievable!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 25, 2021, 05:05:07 AM »

We are very far behind! and all this talk about top class swimming facility in Couva. Ok so what next? Just having a facility does not equal success. We always mention all these swimmers names but besides Carter and Bovel none of them are meeting world class standards. Just good enough for regional swimming tournaments.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 25, 2021, 03:58:03 PM »

We are very far behind! and all this talk about top class swimming facility in Couva. Ok so what next? Just having a facility does not equal success. We always mention all these swimmers names but besides Carter and Bovel none of them are meeting world class standards. Just good enough for regional swimming tournaments.

You are quite correct. But again we could blame the govt all we want, govt can't do everything. Where is corporate TT? Or what is  the swimming  organization doing to get money to get the developmental programs going. After Dylan, I eh seeing anyone of caliber on the horizon. Very sad indeed.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 25, 2021, 05:36:36 PM »

I have said many times in here our coaches are NOT first class and our swimmers are not getting enough quality competition to make them better. We need to hire International coaches so our local coaches can learn from them and we need to invest more money for our local swimmers to travel around the world to face better opposition instead of just only depending on these regional competitions that do not get our swimmers ready for anywhere close to the big stage. They are not meeting the Olympic standard or world champs standard every year!

Do not come tell me about the Govt, what happen to the Swimming federation in T&T? They do not have bright minds who fail to see this?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 25, 2021, 10:01:27 PM »

I have said many times in here our coaches are NOT first class and our swimmers are not getting enough quality competition to make them better. We need to hire International coaches so our local coaches can learn from them and we need to invest more money for our local swimmers to travel around the world to face better opposition instead of just only depending on these regional competitions that do not get our swimmers ready for anywhere close to the big stage. They are not meeting the Olympic standard or world champs standard every year!

Do not come tell me about the Govt, what happen to the Swimming federation in T&T? They do not have bright minds who fail to see this?

When we hire foreign coaches, you do know we have to pay them. Where is corporate TT on this. Of course the swimming federation is involved.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: November 29, 2021, 02:06:57 PM »
I see Yorke place 5th in the 100m butterfly in the Junior Panam games.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 19, 2021, 04:09:54 PM »

When we hire foreign coaches, you do know we have to pay them. Where is corporate TT on this. Of course the swimming federation is involved.

Dylan Carter has (corr:) qualified 3rd going into finals and broke the national record. Since being coached by local coach Dexter Browne he has done pb in almost all of his competitive events . Well done Dylan and Coach Dexter.

On another note. Joshua has added his TT mom’s name to his competition iD. Joshua Liendo EDWARDS.

https://m.facebook.com/56320144853/posts/10159634065819854/?d=n
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 12:16:24 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 20, 2021, 12:53:33 PM »
Silver for Dylan Carter !   :applause: :applause: :party: oops, no :party: but :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 21, 2021, 02:10:18 PM »
Silver for Dylan Carter !   :applause: :applause: :party: oops, no :party: but :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

I saw a video on it. Tht was real awsome. If only that was Tokyo. Or maybe Paris in the next 3 yrs. Good Luck.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 23, 2021, 02:25:14 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 24, 2021, 01:54:10 PM »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 26, 2021, 11:32:32 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/855305270/posts/10166283219865271/?d=n

First time hearing about this coach. Congrats to him.
From your neck of the woods Deeks..he's a talent and talented coach. had the pleasure of speaking with him when the kids represented. Very motivating guy, yet quiet and very personable. Both boys were especially very impressed with him and his easy going manner and encouragement, without him hardly knowing them, and although at the time they weren't able to produce pb's, with his few moments prior to racing they were encourage to accomplish much and came close to their pb's in winning medals for TT. Even at a time where they felt like (or made to feel like) foreigners by our own local ppl who didn't know them. I must also commend Mr Brian Wickham and the SeaHawks crew for their forever grateful and undying support as well.
Unfortunately, at the time such a collaboration wasn't possible. I believed and now know for sure, they would have been able to achieve greater successes under these guys tutorship as far as swimming and possibly even life goals. Yet with Covid, one can never know. That is what really makes Dylan and Dexter accomplishment so great, for those who are in the know of what it takes to medal in anything in swimming.
Especially from a small pool of individuals.
ps: I sincerly hope they can complete this journey and not get sidetracked with the pandemic or pandemic-like political jumbieness that always somehow seems to find a way to affect the doers - as opposed to the talkers - of TT.

https://artistscoalition.wordpress.com/2021/04/06/dexter-browne-nipsey-hussle-and-the-gangs-of-l-a/
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 11:50:05 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 03, 2022, 11:54:20 PM »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 08, 2022, 02:00:30 AM »
Blackman, Anthony siblings shine in choppy waters at CARIFTA 5K trials
JELANI BECKLES
Newsday  02/07/22

JUNIOR swimmers braved the choppy water of Las Cuevas Bay on Sunday morning at the Amateur Swimming Association of TT (ASATT) CARIFTA Swimming Championships Open Water 5K trials.

The weather was relatively cool, but the rough waters and current made the swim a challenging one for the 13 swimmers.

Parents, guardians and siblings cheered on the small group of swimmers.

Nikoli Blackman, 16, finished first overall and also won the 16-18 boys category in one hour, six minutes and 58.39 seconds (1:06:58.39). He was followed by the Anthony siblings Zachary and Zoe.

Zachary was second overall and first in the 14-15 boys age group in 1:09:27.17. Zoe was third overall, but claimed the title in the 16-18 girls category when she stopped the clock in 1:11:21.09.

Blackman, a Fatima College student, was thankful for the opportunity to compete again and was satisfied with his performance. “I love swimming open water since I was about the age of eight years old when I first started swimming.

“It’s good (the performance). (It’s) the first time we swam open water in the last three years. It feels nice to go back in the water…the current was something that I did not miss at all.”

Speaking more about the water conditions, Blackman said, “It was tough, but not the worst that I ever swam in.”

Blackman’s performance was enough to qualify for the CARIFTA Open Championships in Barbados in April.

Blackman said the other athletes did have impressive efforts.

During the covid19 pandemic, Blackman said he tried to stay active. “During covid we did not have any swimming, so I would run around the neighbourhood, (do) a little push-ups.”

Zachary, 14, of Fatima College said, “I am feeling pretty good (about the performance). I stayed with a good pace.”

Zachary said the conditions made the swim challenging.

“I found it was very rough out there.” He said one side of the course was difficult, saying, “(It) was very rough, the waves (were) pushing us back and a lot of current.” Zachary also aimed to stay active during the pandemic.

“We have been doing gym…a little exercises at home just to keep ourselves motivated and keep us moving.”

He was satisfied that his effort earned him a place on the TT open water team.

“I feel very proud of myself. I always try to push myself.”

Zoe, 16, would have liked to complete the race in a faster time.

“I definitely could have done better,” she said. “I am satisfied that I came in first for the girls and that I qualified (for CARIFTA).”

Zoe, a student of Bishop Anstey High School, wants to work on her fitness. Discussing the conditions, Zoe said, “It was actually very, very rough. (When) swimming you have to try to keep your head up to see the buoy and you can’t even see it because the waves are so high.”

Zoe said she tried to “gauge” where she was going.

In an effort to stay fit over the past two years, Zoe said, “I tried to go training as much as I can…I also go to gym.”

Blackman and the Anthony siblings all attended the same Primary school - Bishop Anstey Junior School.

OVERALL RESULTS

Nikoli Blackman - 1:06:58.39

Zachary Anthony - 1:09:27.17

Zoe Anthony - 1:11:21.09

Amelia Rajack - 1:11:35.07

Jade Foncette - 1:15:39.41

Liam Carrington - 1:15:42.69

Isaac Tuberoso - 1:18:05.96

Anthony Martinez - 1:20.31.10

Khadeem Brathwaite - 1:26.42.19

Isis Gaskin - 1:34:15.69

Irmani Smith - 1:40.16.89

Kurlissa McSween – Did Not Finish (DNF)

Trevor Burkett - DNF

AGE GROUP RESULTS

14-15 Girls

Irmani Smith - 1:40:16.89

Kurlissa McSween - DNF

14 -15 Boys

Zachary Anthony - 1:09:27.17

Liam Carrington - 1:15:42.69

Trevor Burkett - DNF

16-18 Girls

Zoe Anthony - 1:11:21.09

Amelia Rajack - 1:11:35.07

Jade Foncette - 1:15:39.41

Isis Gaskin - 1:34:15.69

16-18 Boys

Nikoli Blackman - 1:06:58.39

Isaac Tuberoso - 1:18:05.96

Anthony Martinez - 1:20:31:10

Khadeem Brathwaite 1:26:42.19

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 27, 2022, 12:10:18 AM »
Lilman has given up the Sport. Like his brother, he was hoping to finish his last year on a High. Unlike his brother however, wherby the final University meet was cancelled completely due to Covid, this year it was rescheduled to a later date, just before his exams. As he is in the Honours program, he made the choice to concentrate on the finals of his courses.
In addition, we lost the matriarch of our family, my mom. Thankfully she had a great run (101) and didn't suffer to much, except the isolation due to the lockdowns. This affected all of us, and his heart wasn't in it anymore.
 It was a great run swim. Thanks for everyone who supported the kids over the years, and thanks Flex et al for this site to have us document their experiences and get a little fun over the years.

Condolences and Blessings to those who have been more seriously affected over these last couple years. I know it has been difficult for to many people. Best wishes going forward. Hopefully we will all manage a little sw.net lime and reminisce on the good times before, and during, celebrating the beauty of those we have lost, and those we have brought, later at some better and more celebratory time in the future. As God wishes !  :chilling: :chilling:

« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 12:12:44 AM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 28, 2022, 11:05:56 PM »
Lilman has given up the Sport. Like his brother, he was hoping to finish his last year on a High. Unlike his brother however, wherby the final University meet was cancelled completely due to Covid, this year it was rescheduled to a later date, just before his exams. As he is in the Honours program, he made the choice to concentrate on the finals of his courses.
In addition, we lost the matriarch of our family, my mom. Thankfully she had a great run (101) and didn't suffer to much, except the isolation due to the lockdowns. This affected all of us, and his heart wasn't in it anymore.
 It was a great run swim. Thanks for everyone who supported the kids over the years, and thanks Flex et al for this site to have us document their experiences and get a little fun over the years.

Condolences and Blessings to those who have been more seriously affected over these last couple years. I know it has been difficult for to many people. Best wishes going forward. Hopefully we will all manage a little sw.net lime and reminisce on the good times before, and during, celebrating the beauty of those we have lost, and those we have brought, later at some better and more celebratory time in the future. As God wishes !  :chilling: :chilling:

maxg, Condolences on the going away of your Moms. But she had a great run, 101 WOW!!!. Blessings to her. Sorry about Lilman. But I am glad you were there for your children in their endeavours even if they don't win the Olympic gold. The important thing is preparing for the gold medal in life. Seeing Your children achieving success and having their children is one of the best things in life. I just had two grands this year. Grand daughter(my daughter) Stone Sunday was born Jan 30. And on 2/22/22 my son's wife delivered Blaise Jean-Pierre. I now have 4 grands. 2 boys and 2 girls. Daughter has 3 and son has 1. I am a lucky and Blessed man. My Moms who is recovering from colon cancer is so happy and delighted to see her great grands. Love and Peace. You are a success story. At least in my book.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 28, 2022, 11:15:19 PM »
By the way, Carter won a silver in a meet in Mexico. I hope he wins a medal in Paris.

T&T swimmer Dylan Carter ended the 2022 Copa Heller Cup Queretaro in Mexico, with a silver medal swim in the men’s 50 metres freestyle final at the Queretaro Olympic Park Swimming Pool on Sunday night.

The 24-year-old competing at the high altitude venue which is situated nearly 6,000 feet above sea level touched the wall in 22.54 seconds for the second spot behind American Olympic relay champion Michael Andrew who won in 22.08.

The third spot was taken by Mexican Olympic swimmer and national record holder Gabriel Castano of Penn State University who clocked 23.06.

In the morning 50m freestyle heats, Carter had the second-fastest qualification time of 24.12, with Andrews again the top qualifier in 23.60.

The silver swim on Sunday was his second over the four days of competition to go along with one gold medal.

A silver medallist for T&T in the men’s 50m butterfly at the FINA World Short Course Championship last December in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, and bronze in the same event in China in 2018, Carter won the men’s 100m freestyle on Saturday in a new meet record of 50.04.

Second to the wall was the 2020 Tokyo Olympics 4x100m medley relay gold medalist Andrew in 51.82 while Joshua Dillon copped third in 53.08.

In the morning heats, Carter clocked the second-fastest qualification time of 53.44 to trail Andrew (52.17).

And on Friday’s second night of finals, Carter got silver in the men’s 50m butterfly in 23.67 seconds, a mere three one-hundredths of a second behind Andrew (23.64) while Jose Angel Martinez took bronze in 24.75.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 03, 2022, 03:23:13 PM »

maxg, Condolences on the going away of your Moms. But she had a great run, 101 WOW!!!. Blessings to her. Sorry about Lilman. But I am glad you were there for your children in their endeavours even if they don't win the Olympic gold. The important thing is preparing for the gold medal in life. Seeing Your children achieving success and having their children is one of the best things in life. I just had two grands this year. Grand daughter(my daughter) Stone Sunday was born Jan 30. And on 2/22/22 my son's wife delivered Blaise Jean-Pierre. I now have 4 grands. 2 boys and 2 girls. Daughter has 3 and son has 1. I am a lucky and Blessed man. My Moms who is recovering from colon cancer is so happy and delighted to see her great grands. Love and Peace. You are a success story. At least in my book.
Big Congratulations Deeks..Look at us, eh. At school did we ever think we would see these days, good and bad. Most importantly doh, we have hopes of a few more. Nice going man.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 04, 2022, 07:16:05 PM »

Big Congratulations Deeks..Look at us, eh. At school did we ever think we would see these days, good and bad. Most importantly doh, we have hopes of a few more. Nice going man.

Hello Breds, you are correct. Never expected grand kids, but now they are here,  I will enjoy them to the fullest. Blessings to You and Your Family.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 10, 2022, 09:31:41 PM »
Way to go Joshua..
https://swimswam.com/liendo-breaks-meet-age-group-records-in-50-free-on-day-2-of-oji/

Joshua is TT born.

Congrats to Dylan Carter. Bronze in the 50. in the World championship in China.
Don't forget, Dylan's 34 th in 50 free, Cadell Lyon placing 36 th in the 200 back, and 37 th in 100 fly.
Great acomplishments as well. well represented.
Joshua still bussing times
https://www.swimrankings.net/index.php?page=athleteDetail&athleteId=4888155

No 1 in Canada at 17 in a few. Maybe lilman could ask him to wave a lil TT flag at Olympics, if he still cares.
Canadian open Record 50 free 21.63 ✅ 100 next….Next is World.

Might as well do the flies too.

1]; } ?>