March 28, 2024, 06:19:45 AM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164747 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #690 on: April 19, 2022, 07:58:46 AM »
Any swimming results from Carifta 2022 ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 11, 2023, 06:37:41 PM »
Did not get time to see any swimming events. We were 3rd in the medal standings. Like TF. We underwhelming in the youth category.

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 06, 2023, 06:26:33 PM »
Go Nikoli Go. Best of luck and wishes in 50 free final tomorrow .

https://www.omegatiming.com/2023/world-aquatics-junior-swimming-championships-live-results
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 06:28:29 PM by maxg »

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 07, 2023, 11:22:01 AM »
Nikoli Blackman of Trinidad and Tobago is the World Junior 50 metre free CHAMPION !

https://youtu.be/Y963o_1q71M?si=-_mZlm00_MSMhz5j

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 06, 2023, 12:17:52 AM »
Update: Lilman has been doing and competing in power lifting for the laast couple years, he looks like a mini Hulk (according to the neighbours), Well to our surprise he jump up and join Masters swimming and had 1st competition last Saturday. He won 50 and 100 Free and Fly. Although of course not close to his best times, he managed a Provincial record in the Fly.Not bad for only training 2 times (as opposed to 9) a week. And built like a MiniTruck.
Eh heh, on the drive back home, I start throwing basket and say 'Man, if yuh add 2-3 more sessions, you back for sure. Worlds in Doha in Feb, kinda to soon, but more importantly and exciting, Masters Panams is in T and T in June/July, Boyyyyyee !'... :devil:
He say "Sorry dad, I have a major Power lifting competition in March, we will see where I am after that'   :-\
dammit

Then the Angel announce he in a regular competition this weekend, he's been quietly training on his own while he was away for work (over the last year). Yeeaaah.. I say what you up to, he said he have no idea, he's been doing it on his own for the last year. "ok ok..Good luck. Enjoy."
Me: So what you hope to do  :o
Him: Make a TT relay team for Olympics.  :devil:
Me: You just trying to mamaguy me, alright do yuh thing, ah coming.   :laugh: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:     :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 06, 2023, 04:57:39 PM »
Colin, You can't be serious when You say that your son participating in masters swimming. He was just a baby the other day. How he participating in masters now ? It would be nice to see a TT relay team in the Olympic swimming pool

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 06, 2023, 10:39:13 PM »
Yes Deeks. He is swimming in 18-24 (he's 24), which is actually pre-Masters for International. Intl Masters is 25-29  +, he will be 25 by Panams next year, basically it's for individuals who continue competing but on a more leisure and recreation level. As he is working now -the babies all graduate University- doing and competing in Power Lifting as well, he only has time (and desire) to train swimming twice/week, so he joined Masters. He probably did because a couple of his ex swim buddies called him out. He doesn't seem interested in seriously pursuing the high competition again. Time and Stress.

Next Chapter is assisting all ah dem out the house.  ;D

1]; } ?>