March 28, 2024, 10:49:27 AM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164761 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »
last wednesday meet. The kids won, the pool/Team lost...All 3 of them anchored and came from behind to win their relays as well, but they were lil disappointed they lost anyway, that Pool has been undefeated so far this year..Mzting did 27. something(yard pool), and missed our pool record by .03 seconds. after the fly, lilman start to jump-up and splash and pelt Hi-5 all round, thinking he break the fly record, then told it's a Yards pool...dat + the team lorse, the boy was sobbing yes..."like it was the worse day of he life"....that boy like he not learning to deal with losing at all...me'ent tell him nutten...2 more meets before sections

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2009, 12:01:49 PM »
Section Finals last weekend...STRESS... :o
Start of - one of the heat benches, tip over fall on one of my Daughter competitors hand, and chop piece of her thumb orf...she Mudda fient and buss she face...while the ambulance was dey...ah next child get sting by a bee, had an allergic reaction, and sieze...next ambulance come...meet stop...setta ah come from behind tralala for the boys to place...by 10 o'clock, I looking for ah hard, and dey only have coffee, ah drink dat straight black, no sugar, and pyschologically ah feel ah was ready to watch again..
In the final analysis
Mzting won the 50 free and qualified 2nd overall for regional final this weekend
           3rd in Fly                  "       4 th  "        "       "       
Angel    4th in 50 Free and qualified 7th overall - however, only 6 go to final.
           3 rd in 50 back       "          4th overall for final
Lilman   1st in 50 Fly and qualified 1st(by .1 sec) overall for regional
           1st in 50 back       "         1st                  "            "

both Mzting and Angel relay team was disqualified. Ah drag, since Mzting was the one adjudged to have left early, they were leading by a pool length, and broke the (1996) regional record with 2.01...protest...nobody but 1 judge saw her go early, but the decision stood.
Lilman had to catch up 2 body lengths, caught the boy on the 1st 25 and couldn't pull away, just managed to outtouch him, the other boy come out the pool and start to bawl down the place....then he (lilman) start to pout, and I telling him is OK, the boy juss lil disappointed, and he saying  "What ? Dad! I didn't beat any of times this summer, DAT SUCKs".. >:( ah big steups come out meh mouth an he run by he mudda...
... Our men's seniors relay team get disqualified, and after that the fun thing real start to tun ole mas...ah fella teenage daughter try to pullup she father socks about when he behaving cussing judges and organzers and bawlin dey is thief,and how the "mfkers" trying to prevent our pool from winning... and ppl hah to calm he from buffing she same speed...she had to get ah ride home with another family...me din know dem ppl could get on so ...everybody wondering how i so cool, and doh I was outwardly saying "it have way more important ting to stress over" ...inside, ah wasn't comfortable at all......nah, wasn't so much fun nah

we'll see wha tomorrow bring......wish us luck, we will need it

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:04:03 PM by maxg »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2009, 09:29:03 AM »
good luck with the kids breds

make sure dey get dey ovaltine and ribena an ting
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »
Lilman 9-10  1st 50 back - 38.53   1st 25 fly : 16.17 (new pool record)
MzTing 11-12   2nd 50 free - 30.23  4th 50 fly : 33.75
Angel 11-12  1st 50 free consolation : 30.61(pb)   4 th 50 back : 36.62(pb)

Will add some small notes later...thanks Dutty

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2009, 11:01:39 AM »
Mz Ting showing some real progress. Good work by all though, big them up. Max, you can see Tariq's times from Goodwill in Barbados last weekend at swimbarbados.com
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »
Thanks Swima, will check it and show dem when I get home... I think Tariq will be in same Age Group as the Angel this year (both '98)..and the Angel might be starting to get serious...he had a Starlight foundation swim to raise funds, and all ah dem enter they go do 150 laps...now the Angel is the one who hate training the most eh !...Lilman who like to train do 250..Mzting do 270, just to beat lilman, yuh know the Angel went out and do 400 non stop (10,000 metres), they ppl hah to ask him to stop   :o...he say he was feeling good...and he have a sense of confidence bout him too...and he beating times regular an ting, and mzTing who doh like to train, jump-up and ask to go to ah swim camp at Pointe-Claire 2 weeks ago....so meh doh know if is ah phase, or wha fight cause this inhouse ting, but if these attitudes stay, we might see some stuff this winter....and I think they may be further encouraged by it, even doh Angel('97-'98) & Mzting('95-'96) moving up to the next Age Group except lilman('99-00) who repeating 9-10, but the club training him 2 days with the Age grps ('97-'98),  so he can have some training competition.....Now I cyah wait for when they start in October, going and carry them every weekend to the pool, and throw basket like ah doubles vendor, with ah slight.. :devil:  ..cyah let it backfire doh...yuh how it does go sometimes

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2009, 07:10:24 PM »
sidenotes :
The girl who beat mZting, (Nguyen )was her Winter Teammate last year, she won in 28.99(2nd fastest time ever 11-12 - fastest 28.79), she has a best time LC of 28.56..and get this, she's only 11, and swimming the same age group next year...she also won the back in 33.6..

After the swimming the Angel had a House-league allstar game, we reach only 25 minutes before kickoff, the coach bench him cause we was late, after 10 minutes he put him on, they was already down 3-0. game end up 4-0, they score the 4 th when he was subbed off...ah tell him, the way that other team was playing, they mighta get 5 if he started...he agree, cause for the 1st time in he life he get ah yellow card, and was sure he would get another   ;D

lilman get out touch (after leading) by .02 s to place second in the relay, ah ask him if he didn't see the youth..he say yeah, but is he winter competitor/pardna, how he is ah nice fella an ting...ah say "whey boy .02 secs, yuh have it down to ah science"...me an mammy look at each other, and silently agree  "uh huh, lix in he tail" ..nobody eh sayin nuthen doh :devil:

lilman Say he cyah understand how Tariq didn't win Gold at the Goodwill games, Oh,that cyah be right, ah say " Dem boys fast yuh know, yuh want to go and deal with them or what ", he say "Yes, dey lucky it too far, beside he might have to swim for Canada, as TT already have Tariq"....Tom drunk buh Tom ent no fool  ;D

Mzting relay team that was disqualified do a local pool race the evening before the meet, to attempt the record, they swim against some 13-14 yrs olds, and they broke the 1997 record, by 1.? secs, they did 2.01.59. They would have won the regional relay by 9 seconds if they weren't DQ. and broken the regional record by 2 .? seconds

Have a nice end of summer everyone !
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:13:57 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2009, 03:06:12 PM »
At the pool awards night
Angel recieve 11-12 MVP
Mzting & Lilman recieved Overall(all age groups) best boy & Girl...It was the last presentation, if yuh see beast & sour face up to dey...even after, Lilman still feeling MVP more important than Overall, and doh everybody big him up etc..he couldn't quite get out ah d rut..

ps: we hostin TSTT Allstars this week, tonight is Allfours, ah late...we and them in Scarborough to play Braves this weekend.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2009, 11:07:26 AM »
We have been invited to a Regional Lac St. Louis award ceremony. the beauty about it is all three...phew...especially how we didn't know bout this last year
MzTing relay team for breaking the Provincial record
Angel for being #1 (9-10) in Province for 2 events
lilman for being #1 (9-10) in  Canada for some events and nominated to Provincial prospect team or something so...will get details at the thing today..

anxious for the start of this season. They are all working hard...What ? Mzting too ? YESSSS..
Never has she approached training with this intensity, she just moved to 13-14(7 train. sessions - 5 evenings 2 mornings - 5:30 am,....yuh hear wha ah telling allyuh, 5:30 in the fking morning, twice,  Angel 11-12 (5 evenings), and lilman repeatin 9-10 (3 sessions with 11-12, 1 with 9-10 grp).....the freaky is Mzting is furthest from the P2 standards, bout 15 + secs, then Angel 5/7 secs and then lilman .5/.8 secs, but it won't count for lilman, only recognized from 11 and up ...damn ting is, ah taught dis one or that would be vex....nobody not diggin nuthen...they all stop outwardly comparing and checking times...is like they had ah secret meeting, and decide "lewwe freak Daddy out by behaving"....it have meh jumpy all kinda ting.....then them turning and reversing up stuff on meh, "why are you bawling dad, it's already done" or "I made breakfast for the boys" or "I helped mzting clean her room"...nah dah last one ah dreaming....Mammy an all laffin, ah checking meh pillow at night to see if they put flies in them, an see if it have pepper on meh tootbrush...cyah find nuthen...dem never do dat, juss because I paranoid bout payback....Mamy think they just growing ...an stop yelling at dem....nb: they does call asking them twice to do something bawling...so only we checking times, and last year, and who is compi this year, and TT times and carifta times and Timbuktu times...and dem doh deh up deh training, not diggin nuthen and nobody....lilman have 3 in November, 1 in Dec. The other 2, 1 in Nov. 1 in dec....It doh have no more stats ah could look up, damn

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2009, 02:07:55 PM »
How do you spell Relief..Raptors beatin Cleveland, playing tonight :-*, 1st swim meet tomorro :-*, an Mammy finally getting back from ah conference in TO :-*..dem mornin lunches was hell...ah happy like pappy  :chilling:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2009, 05:25:28 PM »
Well after Swima post them times recently, and 1st meet today, it look like I better groom these kids here to swim for Canada, they stand ah better chance ah making them team..jeezan  :devil:

Will post there times after tomorrow events, best placing today was 4th, worst 18th. But they both (Mzting, Angel) improved all there times so far, but not enuff for Prov.2 designation...Look like it go take more work than they thought,and certain tweaks in their technique, as I was telling dem, buh "who is me", "Meh ain't no swim coach", "I cyah even swim", 'what would any parent know', we just born, the day before them was born. I  8) yes

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2009, 01:23:05 PM »
Angel is writing the exams for both the Sport Etude/Academic plus programs at an area High school, but we may opt for a more distant private school (1hr travel by bus & train),not sure if he will enjoy or we know enough about the sport-etude program, as we may have to change swim clubs (the training segment is tailored for the Pointe-Claire(our main competition) swimmers, which pool is directly across the street from the school) His writing the exam effectively delays our decision,&  keeps our options open...We live 10 mins walk from the school, but want to stay loyal to the club that has him where he's at today. Plus the Pointe Claire club has been slightly elitist, although they are attempting to change that image-  new head coach, the parents in that club, some from our area are overly competitive & snobish.
 Quality & equality of Life - especially for a young impressionable visible minority, maybe more critcal for our family than temporary successes.

http://johnrennie.lbpsb.qc.ca/sportetudes.htm

trying to get someone to translate all the pages on the MELS website will be difficult.

ps: Mzting attend (by invitation) a prospect team camp for the regional team for the Provincial games
     Lilman doing his 1 st meet(regional) this weekend, 50 fly & 100 IM, 2nd meet the following weekend & 3 rd meet the weekend after that, just now ahgo ha to take some PEDs to keep up with the driving
     Angel at present #1 11 yr old in the Province in 4 events.( Top 50 in the Country)...may not last 2 long as more meets get underway...but he (& us) enjoying that while we can  ;D

Add:
of the 6 events
pos. nom, age,club, prov,prev, pres 
3 Angel 11  DDO  Québec  37.52  36.74 "50 back"
4 Angel 11  DDO  Québec  31.92  30.61 "50 free"
worst
18 Angel 11 DDO  Québec  48.82  46.33 " 50 br"
&
11 MzTing 13 DDO Québec 2:24.19 2:19.26 "200 fr"
14 MzTing 13 DDO Québec 1:12.00 1:15.87 (1er fois)"100 fly"
worst
44 MzTing 13 DDO Québec 1:29.00 1:26.00(1er fois) "100 bk"

1 lilman 10 DDO Québec 1:23.88 1:23.22 100 IM
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 08:18:32 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2009, 09:24:22 AM »
Last meet, lilman achieve P2 Standards for 11-12...meaning next year, he will be starting the season going after National Standards, and attending particular meets...Mzting and Angel have till the end of the year (May) to get their P2 standards, otherwise we coocoo cook, as we will be attending some seperate meets...the big problem being funds, 5 different meets, may mean seperate hotel/transp cost for bout 3 = addtl 2_3 k....which not too bad, except 2 accepted in semi-priv Highschool = 18 k + swim club X3= 3.6 k + necessary house repair = 10_15 k, total = no holiday trip back home for a few more years well......nah, them 2 go get the level next meet (in 2 wks),ah hope, which will save us 2 k right dey = Carnival Trip for 1 in 2011, maybe  ;D
if dem chillren grow up and put my tail in ah home or worse mek meh homeless by taking ah wrong path, ah go..ah go.....dais why dem ole ppl used to be cheupsin so, at that point daiz all yuh could do yes...

2010=the only band I seeing is ah 'band yuh belly' one....take ah jump, take ah jump...wave...wave :wavetowel:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 09:26:12 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2009, 11:16:56 PM »
Angel achieved P2 designation...2 down 1 to go..Unfortunately he was just out of the medals in two..doh he was the only 11 giving the 12 yr olds a run for the metal
4       50 Freestyle            30.61   30.58    29.84
15     200 Freestyle         2:37.38 2:34.15   
9      400 Freestyle         5:52.42   5:28.31
6       50 Backstroke          36.74   37.29
9      200 Backstroke        2:58.74 3:00.26 2:53.98
4       50 Butterfly             35.70   35.18
16     200 IM                  3:01.23 2:55.78   

Meanwhile lilman grinding, cause fellas he beat last year passing him, and he cyah swim dem big meets yet....and doh he won his races, he tinks his little time drops is due to the lack of compi..probably true...
he a lil discouraged, I know cause he don't like it and really tryin to act like it's not upsetting him, doh he pointing out every individual he would beat in every race, including the girls races, regardless of age...yuh know how much ppl that is, how much talk that is..ah say is allright guy, relax, he say "I'm relaxed, I'm ok..what time that guy just do ? woulda beat him too dad!"....poor ting   :(

Mzting was a lil sometimish (especially need <2:40 in the im) doh doing ok in the free events, but not concentrating on/for the other strokes..having problems breaking the bad habits and is in tough with a lot of technically stong and experienced girls (most swimming comp. +5 yrs to her 2), not sure we can help, hopefully one day if she can stick, it will fall into place, the coach is quite impressed with her fight and desire, I tell'im we don't say nuthen, cause she doh do ah ting we say, he say, he realize, she doh do ah ting he say in practice niether, but he keep repeating, and eventually she remember sometings in a race and drop time good...ah say she get dat hardhead talent from she mudda.. :devil:...ah guess ah go find out if mammy does read this or not :-\ :rotfl: :rotfl:
10   50 Freestyle    30.17      29.26     29.24
11   100 Freestyle  1:10.00   1:02.88   
27  200 Freestyle    2:19.26 2:19.12   
39   50 Backstroke   43.62   38.07
18  50 Butterfly      34.77   33.89
29  100 Butterfly    1:15.87 1:19.35   
58   200 IM            2:46.17 2:49.07   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »
Angel achieved P2 designation...2 down 1 to go..Unfortunately he was just out of the medals in two..doh he was the only 11 giving the 12 yr olds a run for the metal
4       50 Freestyle            30.61   30.58    29.84
15     200 Freestyle         2:37.38 2:34.15   
9      400 Freestyle         5:52.42   5:28.31
6       50 Backstroke          36.74   37.29
9      200 Backstroke        2:58.74 3:00.26 2:53.98
4       50 Butterfly             35.70   35.18
16     200 IM                  3:01.23 2:55.78   

Meanwhile lilman grinding, cause fellas he beat last year passing him, and he cyah swim dem big meets yet....and doh he won his races, he tinks his little time drops is due to the lack of compi..probably true...
he a lil discouraged, I know cause he don't like it and really tryin to act like it's not upsetting him, doh he pointing out every individual he would beat in every race, including the girls races, regardless of age...yuh know how much ppl that is, how much talk that is..ah say is allright guy, relax, he say "I'm relaxed, I'm ok..what time that guy just do ? woulda beat him too dad!"....poor ting   :(

Mzting was a lil sometimish (especially need <2:40 in the im) doh doing ok in the free events, but not concentrating on/for the other strokes..having problems breaking the bad habits and is in tough with a lot of technically stong and experienced girls (most swimming comp. +5 yrs to her 2), not sure we can help, hopefully one day if she can stick, it will fall into place, the coach is quite impressed with her fight and desire, I tell'im we don't say nuthen, cause she doh do ah ting we say, he say, he realize, she doh do ah ting he say in practice niether, but he keep repeating, and eventually she remember sometings in a race and drop time good...ah say she get dat hardhead talent from she mudda.. :devil:...ah guess ah go find out if mammy does read this or not :-\ :rotfl: :rotfl:
10   50 Freestyle    30.17      29.26     29.24
11   100 Freestyle  1:10.00   1:02.88   
27  200 Freestyle    2:19.26 2:19.12   
39   50 Backstroke   43.62   38.07
18  50 Butterfly      34.77   33.89
29  100 Butterfly    1:15.87 1:19.35   
58   200 IM            2:46.17 2:49.07   

I go tell mammy :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
 :justkidding: :nailbiting: :praying: :notlistening: :challenge: :chilling:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »
Last weekend Lilman had a meet in Quebec city. had 5 1st, 1 2nd, improved all his times , went #1 in the province amongst 10 & U, in a few events (top 5 in country in a couple) and this week was MzTing in Provincial 1 champs, see below.
After joy is sorrow, and the Angel, going to the P2 Champs meet in 2 wks, as one of the youngest qualifiers...ah hope he doh take it too hard...ah tell him if he come in the top 25 it will be amazing, but he not buying, since he siblings blinging all round he face......ah quietly point out as great as MzTing did, she din't make the P2 Standard, ah didn't mention, it way harder for 13-14 girls, than 11-12 boys, and even harder for 13-14 boys...doh he is de quiet 1, he have ah way of rising to big meets doh, even if ah not so certain this time....Boy, like dis thing getting more and more serious, ah starting to know kids all over the country times by heart, ah ent to sure meh ole brain able, and at some meets, I leaving the pool more tired than many of the competitors....well A :nailbiting:

News
RESULTS & CONGRATULATIONS / « P1 » WINTER FESTIVAL (SECT.6) AT THE CLAUDE-ROBILLARD CENTRE, MONTREAL / 12.13.14-FEB-2010 ...
14 février 2010
Congratulations to all the DDO swimmers on their excellent results at the P1 Festival this past weekend.
All that hard work and dedication paid off with over half of our contingent making the podium either in the individual and/or relay events.
Most of the others made finals (4th to 10th) and with their points allowed the Dollard Team to bring home the banner, outscoring by 380 points our closest rival in Sections 6 & 7 combined! WELL DONE!

. TEAM RANKINGS
. ONLINE RESULTS (CAMO Natation)
. RESULTS (Swimming Canada)

SPECIAL MENTION :
"Mz Ting" reached the Eastern National standard in her 50m Free with a time of 28.22 and the Age Group National standard in her 100m Free with a time of 1:01.55.
Marc-André Cormier reached the Age Group National standards in his 1500m Free (18:34.96) & 200m Fly (2:32.35) and Maurin Barale (CIT) in his 1500m Free (17:49.64).
Kim Laliberté, Fanny Gervais-Cartier, Jeremy Pitcher, Marc-André Cormier, Jean-Gabriel Demers and Caroline Leclair now have their P2 qualification.

MEDALISTS
Jeremy Pitcher : 6 Gold medals & 1 Bronze
"MZTing" : 5 Gold medals & 2 Silver
Fanny Gervais-Cartier : 5 Gold medals, 1 Silver & 1 Bronze
Nadia Ghanem : 3 Gold medals, 1 Silver & 1 Bronze
Victoria Bradshaw : 3 Gold medals, 1 Silver & 1 Bronze
Marc-André Cormier : 2 Gold medals, 2 Silver & 1 Bronze
Eliott Magwood : 2 Gold medals, 2 Silver & 1 Bronze
Caroline Leclair : 2 Gold medals, 1 Silver & 2 Bronze
Jenna Robertson : 2 Gold medals & 1 Silver
Meghan Vaillancourt : 1 Gold medal, 2 Silver & 3 Bronze
Courtney Fairholm : 1 Gold medal, 2 Silver & 2 Bronze
Luca Stabile : 1 Gold medal & 1 Silver
Maurin Barale (CIT) : 1 Gold medal & 1 Bronze
Martin Giguère : 1 Gold medal & 1 Bronze
Catherine Di Vita : 1 Gold medal
Isabelle Lacasse : 3 Silver medals
Jean-Christophe Gosselin (CIT) : 2 Silver medals & 1 Bronze
Alexander Ni : 2 Silver medals & 1 Bronze
Emma Radun : 2 Silver medals
Célia Bouazza : 2 Silver medals
Patrick Wiley : 2 Silver medals
Jesse Ostroff : 2 Silver medals
Kelly Crochetière : 1 Silver medal & 3 Bronze
Nicholas Muinonen : 1 Silver medal
Leah Salzman : 1 Silver medal
Adrien Poulin : 1 Silver medal
........ Bronze.....Finalist.....

RELAYS - 4 x 50m Free
GOLD : Courtney Fairholm, Nadia Ghamen, Marie-Geneviève Bérard, Marguerite Lambert.
SILVER : Eliott Magwood, Adrien Poulin, Yousef Meguid, Hugo Chaput.
GOLD : "MzTing", , Jenna Robertson, Kelly Crochetière, Victoria Bradshaw.
SILVER : Zachary Pillling, Jean-Gabriel Demers, Marc-André Cormier, Jeremy Pitcher.
GOLD : Caroline Leclair, Katherine Sweetman-Hammond, Meghan Vaillancourt, Fanny Gervais-Cartier.
BRONZE : Jean-Christophe Gosselin (CIT), Patrick Wiley, Sam Hersh, Maurin Barale (CIT).

RELAYS - 4 x 50m Medley
GOLD : Courtney Fairholm, Hailey Polcsak. Emma Radun, Marguerite Lambert.
GOLD : Yousef Meguid, Adrien Poulin, Eliott Magwood, Hugo Chaput.
SILVER : Victoria Bradshaw, Karla Wong, Jenna Robertson, "MzTing",
GOLD : Jeremy Pitcher, Marc-André Cormier, Luca Stabile, Jean-Gabriel Demers.
GOLD : Caroline Leclair, Isabelle Lacasse, Meghan Vaillancourt, Fanny Gervais-Cartier.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:41:31 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2010, 09:33:10 AM »
mzting 2 best races were 50(28.22) & 100 fr, here is the 100 m free, time:1.01.87 (1.01.55 in prelim)..pretty good at 13, her training attitude , and school work has improved tremendously, credits a motivational poster she saw, "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
http://www.youtube.com/user/maxgyt#p/u
will put up vids of the guys later,
if ah could only find the Angel training switch, ah think we will see some good stuff, doh he doing super in free as well (29.23), as there is so much areas for improvement-training, for him,  and  technique wise for those 2 older ones....but bad habits hard to break, an we cyah say nutten- enuff swimming down dey throat, especially for relative beginners, we doh wha push....yet.. so it will be up to the coaches to try, in between of taking care of the 30 other kids...tough for us to keep we mouth shut, but as the Sunday sermon say this morning, have confidence in the lord, some trees take a little longer to bear fruit, but if it's a fruit tree then eventually they do, if not they serve some other purpose, sometimes revitalizing the same soil...i.e. doh cut dem down...ah start to wonder out loud, "Jesus didn't know no kids who used to swim, especially in the desert"...mzting stop meh from going an ask the priest dah one...saying, "is dat all you guys think about ?"...yuh see we cyah say nutten
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:59:34 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2010, 10:53:34 AM »
lilman last meets as a 10 yr old...today -
50 bk - 34.83 - unofficial - tied for 5th all time best in canada 10 & U - current yob, #1
50 fly - 32.99 - unofficial - #2 all time best in canada 10 & U  -  current yob, #1
last week
200 fr - 2:31:18 - off. currently #8 yob, Canada
200 IM - 2:48:63 -off. currently #2  yob, Canada
50 Br - 47.25 - off. 56 th in Canada 10-
needless to say, we're estatic....oh he happy like pappy too...and everyone in the club.....an granny, and tantie...an he sister...he brother say 'that's great"...then he start chewin he nails....so ah say quiet-quiet, "hey Angel, don't worry, U own the free".......Patta,patta-lilman coming running from downstairs -"Dad, i think i'm gonna drop some seconds on my free next meet, just for fun"....me:  :-X
oh well LC meet coming up, and Angel, who lil weaker in the turns should fight him up there....ah hope..

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »
Excellent times especially in the fly and back. Big up lil man. Tell him we ready for him for Carifta next year.  ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2010, 09:39:13 PM »
Excellent times especially in the fly and back. Big up lil man. Tell him we ready for him for Carifta next year.  ;D

COSIGNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »
We won't be dey for ah few years, if God allows, but if anyone interested
 https://www.swimming.ca/EventArticle.aspx?eventid=485

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2010, 04:22:02 AM »

We only have two qualifyers thus far for the Senior meet, but I am attempting to get to Junior guys to qualify for the Junior meet at the end of the month in Hawaii. This weekend at Carifta, they will be going for both the 100 and the 200 free and I am trying to put forth a 4x100 freestyle relay as well.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2010, 02:41:56 PM »

We only have two qualifyers thus far for the Senior meet, but I am attempting to get to Junior guys to qualify for the Junior meet at the end of the month in Hawaii. This weekend at Carifta, they will be going for both the 100 and the 200 free and I am trying to put forth a 4x100 freestyle relay as well.

I'm certain if not this time, you will have more prospects in the future...keep up the good work

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »
lilman yesterday ...this was for #1 in 11 & U in Canada, the other boy(#1) is amazingly a year younger(10) than lilman...ah see he look at the fella before the race, but he say he didn't tell him nothing, ah say yuh better not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KOTs20rSyY

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2010, 01:42:10 PM »
2 more meets each left....Yeeeaaaaa
Angel & Mzting in Home meet LC this weekend, Lilman in Regional finals next weekend..
Angel 50 fr time to beat tomorrow is 29.00, but lilman aimingin to beat his bro SC time of 29.23, he have 30.56...it will be great if he better his own time, but doh want him beat his brother time this year...Mzting got beaten into 4th in 50 free 2 weekends ago and still ah little down, she didn't beat her best times in anything, while her brother(angel) best timed in all his..I showed her, he does that every meet....she said exactly, and he doesn't even train hard...but I tell her he does, he just more mentally relaxed with his training and brings the intensity game day...She say, look how he does be yawning before he race, and smiling and waving to everybody....I tried to show how, to much intensity and stress can negatively affect performance, he not worried about losing, he having fun, trying his best and if he win, he win, if he lose he lose...she walk off, saying I no help...lilman gets pumped before his races....Little do they know, the Angel acts cool, but want's to win, cause he likes the attention, thus does his best, rather than afraid to lose,  so he don't hold talk...Is the talk them 2 does give, which comes back to haunt them...they stressing themselves...but lilman is technically strong so he is less affected...
She sdun start making excuse bout she doh feel like swimming, tomorrow...Mammy say quiet,quiet "ok"...she hit we with, "ok..ok..I will swim, but only to make you guys happy, not because ah feel too...ok ?"    :rotfl:
poor thing, Hope she at least drop time in something..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »
AA..if yuh see MzTing, waving an Hi-5-ing before race... :rotfl: ...I nearly dead...like dem does PLAY they not listening.....either that or she gettin well desperate....won a couple(50 free no pb and didn't do to badly in a couple. though she really did badly in the one she wanted the most, 200 IM, and actually did better on Sunday after we talked some more...even come over before the race to ask meh how to swim d 400 IM   :o ...here meh nah " When yuh doing the fly, take yuh time, do the Butterfly dance " then Mammy say " when yuh hit the back,do Johnny Cute,1..2.."...eh heh...I come back with "For the breast, doh do Machel ' she say, "Which Machel, Jumbie"..."ah say yes, doh do Jumbie, yuh does panic too much, do 'Alicia KKEEEYYYS pull kick'"...then she tell meh pull up the Machel video on youtube..she fren across the pool wondering wha I doing demonstrating....how not to apply the Jumbie to the IM..the lady next to we, wondering wha really goin on.. Mamy say "dem ppl go think allyuh mad in here""..she ask "ok, what to finish with for the free"...Mammy say "Well if yuh listen to yuh father advice, especially how he cyah swim ah lik..yuh go ..."...ah interuppt.."you go need ah Rudder", she ask " What rudder, to guide me ?"...""No girl...cheups..it's stroke frequncy we talkin bout...this is not ah fete in here, this is maddness"....she say "huh ?what dat have to do with a rudder"...we ALL had a good laugh...and she went take she licks kool kool, and come back smiling pointing out she drop ah whole 6 secs... :rotfl:....ah start wondering if ah mess she up, :-\ cause she miss the standard by 4 secs..to hell with that...was ah good family time...doh Angel didn't come over once....he had ah 1st and 3 2nds  & 2 3rds doh...Mamy say good ting.. :devil:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:10:12 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2010, 09:49:07 AM »
oh gado...when dey join the results from the mornin & evenin session, both ah dem get bump down, well mostly mzting
she end up 3,6,7,8,10 & 26 th...she bro, end up 1,2,2,3,3,3....me eh show her yet.. :-\
I think dahis a job for 'SUPER Mammy'  :devil:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:59:06 AM by maxg »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »
maxg dont hesitate to post any videos  :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 07:30:47 PM by Sando prince »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile