March 28, 2024, 04:58:09 PM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164783 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2010, 08:33:34 PM »
Lilman have the regional finals tomorrow,50 free & fly, so far so good, ah lil  belly wuk today, buh he nuh digging.
add:...oh..plus ah had to give him ah slap today. :(..for he damn mouth again...he an he bro was having ah lil tiff, I tell the man," we go deal with that later, hurry up, we late for yuh game" (basketball)...Hear he nah "Dad, don't Interupt"...he hold back he cry, and tell he mudda he not going and "like he gone mad an hit me" ...mammy step in between one time...well she talk to him, I went an tell the coach he not coming, an when ah reach back, he apologize, promise it won't happen again, and give meh ah squeeze...ah was watching to see if he throw ah wink by he mom, buh ah eh ketch none, so we good...lesson learnt...by both ah we
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:55:36 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2010, 11:49:26 AM »
RESULTS & CONGRATULATIONS / THE LAC ST-LOUIS REGIONAL LEAGUE FINALS / BEACONSFIELD / SUNDAY 30-MAY-2010 ...
31 mai 2010
Congratulations to all the DDO swimmers on their excellent results at the Regional League Finals held in Beaconsfield yesterday. Well done!

SPECIAL MENTION
Lilman, Léonie Demers, Habib Attasi and Laryssa Luszczki medalled in their two individual events.

MEDALLISTS
*Lilman : 2 Gold medals
*Léonie Demers : 1 Gold medal & 1 Bronze
*Habib Attasi : 1 Gold medal & 1 Bronze
Jiarui Zhu : 1 Gold medal
Katrina Brathwaite : 1 Gold medal
Vivian Song : 1 Silver medal
Cara Dubé : 1 Silver medal
*Laryssa Luszczki : 2 Bronze medals
Miranda Bohns : 1 Bronze medal
Kevin He : 1 Bronze medal
Nathanielle Lapointe-Poitras (CIT) : 1 Bronze medal

FREE RELAYS
SILVER : Brianna De Melo, Miranda Bohns, Laryssa Luszczki, Léonie Demers.
SILVER : Katrina Brathwaite, Vivian Song, Jennifer Dollinger, Hanna Muinonen.
SILVER : Habib Attasi, Philip Pieczko, Evan Long-Metcalfe, Lilman

MEDLEY RELAYS
SILVER : Brianna De Melo, Miranda Bohns, Laryssa Luszczki, Léonie Demers.
BRONZE : Keith Crochetière, Youssef Chaouachi, Jiarui Zhu, Matthew Gillies.
SILVER : Jennifer Dollinger, Katrina Brathwaite, Vivian Song, Hanna Muinonen.
SILVER : Habib Attasi, Lilman, Kevin He, Evan Long-Metcalfe.

Only thing ah didn't like is how he was 'Flexing' when he recieve he medal and they ask him to take ah group photo with the other medalist....  :-[  ..then they all start flexing too...we have to have ah humility chat again..cause he was flexing for the photo, not the win, but ppl won't know that....not necessary to draw attention to yuhself, some might be negative, and as little of that is preferable, even "if Lebron does it"...ent ? Seems today, it all about publicity, even if it's slightly 'loud' doh not deemed bad....I was never comfortable with  the spotlight, but it's a different time, I guess !

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2010, 03:10:37 PM »
Congrats Max. You see our Minister of Sport is a Swim Coach. He say he won't forget where he came from...

Big things soon... we hope.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2010, 04:59:46 PM »
Congrats Max. You see our Minister of Sport is a Swim Coach. He say he won't forget where he came from...

Big things soon... we hope.
Curious...What would be your interpretation of big things, other than a state of the art Olympic size swimming/diving pool
ps: slighty of east of center of the city, is used as a community sports centre, as well as a National training centre for sychro, Waterpolo & platform & scuba Diving, 1 hr 1/2 froom the west Island, 15 mins by public transport from the centre of the city..
http://www.rio.gouv.qc.ca/pub/centre/centre_visiter.jsp

probably the best school run centre  - again open to the general public -  as well as Sport-Etude program

http://www.college-em.qc.ca/?CDAAFAF5-4745-4EDC-87BC-89E8B68A0E45

organized inhouse intra/extramural community programs, all ages, Badminton, volleyball, soccer, Badminton and Tennis, as well as 50 metre pool, they even have an indoor putting room, Karate,Judo, of course adjacent to Hockey rinks..built in the heart of communites, run and staffed by the community, organized by the community, on the school grounds, everyone benefits......many like that, within an hour from each other....a few a run by the city, and use of those are usually a minimal charge...also depending on the region of the city yo live..The city of pOinte Claire is completing it's 6 Million dollar 10 lane 50 Metre pool with diving pool, as well there is already a 50 metre and 25 yard pool, adjacent to of course Hockey Arena.....they are striving to be #1 swim club in Canada, as residents we swim for 50 $ for 6 mths or something ridiculous so.....,,,these are the type of encoragement these ppl have here....when I hear, bout 500 Million TT(100 Million Can) stadium, in the bush, I does wonder...but ah not going there...as a swimming coach, I am interested to hear what would be you wish list, as well as developmental plans/dreams...cause seriously, I spoil, I only used the football fields and indoor gyms here...but here have bout 6 mths of Winter...so what would be ideal for TT from a swim coach perspective ?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:05:10 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2010, 07:37:07 PM »
Where to begin???

State of the art pools with spectator facilities to host international meets

Full time paid positions for all involved from learn to swim come up

Full laborotory facilities for scientific testing

Proper weight/strength/power training facilities attached to the pools

Research libraries attached to the pool

Lewwe start with dat nah!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »
Where to begin???
My thoughts

State of the art pools with spectator facilities to host international meets
(At Least 2 pool(50,25) National training complex - shared Government/ swim association/ Swim companies and other interested parties sponsorship)
Full time paid positions for all involved from learn to swim come up
(This is usually covered by the local clubs and their booster programs, though a lump sum assistance is granted as per how many registered swimmers as well as amount of elite swimmers produced - Not really a government program, but some measure of assistance, based on results...On the National level, 3 to 4 Association subsidized positions outside of the club salary - determined by the club's board of directors - based on level of experience and area/level/age of athletes )
Full laborotory facilities for scientific testing
(This can be an all sport Facility- could be an all-Caribbean built/utilized facility- associated with an Exercise Science University program, students essentially do the testing, under the guidance of the already paid academic advisors)

Proper weight/strength/power training facilities attached to the pools
(usually included as part & parcel of Training complex - as well as staffed by volunteers from the student body completing their stages, supervised by 1 or 2 qualified athletic personnel....Here they are maintained by the local community as an open membership clubs - with set hours for Provincial teams, with membership dues used to offset maintenance and professional salaries - Half/Half government built)
Research libraries attached to the pool
(Part of the University educational or swim Association facilty - Govt assisted, but not Govt run)

Government interaction should be based on Number of participants, Initiative of associations, and National & International results..

Lewwe start with dat nah!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2010, 09:36:47 AM »
Eswim in TO, where one of TT future prospects live, hosted a Age Group International meet
http://www.eswim.ca/

my lil swimmers woulda get good cut-tail, woulda just make finals in there top events, and the rest, well ppl woulda get tired looking for dey name...and here I  was thinking we almost there... ah won't wake them from the Olympic dream, but just try to be a guide so as to avoid the heavy pitfalls and nightmares... :peace:

Lil 12 yr old boy at that meet do 26.21(can rec : 26.17) 50 fr lc, and 58.37 59.89 for the 100.
 ;D Couple years ago ah just show lilman a picture and is like he go roar and take off like he get the scent,  :rotfl:, but these days as he start facing real competition, he does just say, "we'll see whats up head to head"... just a few mths older, and 3 secs faster than ah Angel, dah must be are ArchAngel boy!...ah show the Angel, he went to church by heself this morning   :devil: ah woulda go, but ah wake up too late...ah ask lilman how come he didn't go..he say "Dad, I can pray at home, can't I"...I guess it really not all about swimming only....what's happeninnggg to meeee   :rotfl:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 08:53:10 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2010, 07:51:11 PM »
lilman had day 1 of his last meet today, his closest comp. was his teammate, and that wasn't to close...he tried his best...Mammy vex, they made a mistake in his 200 IM, he did 2:44 by her watch, by Video camera...they post 2:47, closest boy was 3 someting, which I say still good - he still drop 3 secs, mammy say that 3 sec difference, means 2 boys from the pool down the road still #1 in quebec, and we pool down at 6 th...I say "So", next time we meet dem dey go be in for a big surprise, she say as this is his last meet, and he moving up, he not seeing them boys for 2 years....ah still doh get it...ah think is because one of those boys is the boy who tell lilman (3 yrs ago) when we just started, "You not so good", from that day lilman start to train hard...like mammy still ent taking dat.. ::)
200 bk : ah think he drop 3,4 secs too...did bout 2:4T sumting , an he kinda slowed down,
50 br: he drop 2 sec: did 45 sumting
 he said too bad he couldn't swim with the P1/P2 kids, he think he could go faster...Tomorrow, 100 Im(8th), 50 Bk(1), 200 Fr(11), he say he going an try for #1 in Canada, not just quebec...ah say "Yeah ? but ent yuh #1 in back ahready", he say " so... I'm going to try to beat myself dad" ....sometimes he doh mean nutten eh, but the tone does get to meh...ah watch mammy, ah watch he, ah watch mammy..mammy still vex...ah close meh mind, an just say "Oh Good"   :-\  8)

add: Mzting did only the 200 IM in the P1/P2 meet in an attempt to get the P2 designation...she needed to get 2:40, in Feb, she did 2:40.33...yuh know today she did 2:40.75......she come out the pool all sad an ting...the coach went over , he tell her something, she cheer up , and then 2 minutes later all of ah sudden ah sad face again....apparently when she ask, the timer said 2 forty SEVEN, so she thought 2:47, and was all down, then the coach tell her "No, it was very good 2:40.75", and she feel better, till she realize she miss the P2 by .75, and couldn't beat he Feb time....She wasn't overly down doh, cause it means she will swim 'P1 Champs', where she would probably be near top of the group, but Angel has the P2 (P2 Champs), so means 1 xtraswim weekend tieup..oh well...they doing well, we thankfull..... how that sayin go..
water, water everywhere, an not ah drop for ah decent drink  ?  :devil:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:06:21 PM by maxg »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2010, 08:01:31 PM »
Maxg, allya are the greatest ;D

best of luck
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2010, 08:27:46 PM »

best of luck
Thanks Coast
ah hope yuh mean in ah Parental/kids interaction, discipline and patience sort-ah-way, but the true test go be when all ah dem start 6 o'clock morning practice, then we go separate the goat from who wha sleep..  :sleepy: :challenge: :arguing: :justkidding:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2010, 09:17:10 AM »

best of luck
Thanks Coast
ah hope yuh mean in ah Parental/kids interaction, discipline and patience sort-ah-way, but the true test go be when all ah dem start 6 o'clock morning practice, then we go separate the goat from who wha sleep..  :sleepy: :challenge: :arguing: :justkidding:
yeah man in all aspects
allya have a great thing going
very interesting/entertaining family dynamic indeed

tell de coach (mammy) that the manager (you) needs more sleep to be effective :devil:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:25:15 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2010, 10:42:27 AM »
well, lil bachanal...ah put on ah pot to fix some pasta for lunch...ah tell lilman tun of the stove.....then mammy reach, fix up and he eat an ting...as we gettin ready mammy ask him wha wrong, he just not lookin right...he say he hand hurting...like how bad  ?...lemme see ?..yuh know 3 of he fingers burn kinda bad...wtf...well he tun of the stove, buh the pot was still boiling so he went to move it, but it was heavy an woulda fall, so he rab it and bun he fingers...now I real vex, cause he know he pull ah bonehead move,so he keep it down low, buh it setting me up to get noise, so my ears steamin...mammy puttin cold water an ozonol, and tryin to fix up...buh he see meh vex face - an ah think ah mouth someting same time - he start to whimper...mammy ask it still hurting ah lot eh, in between givin me glances, cause the pasta was my wuk... he say "Lil bit...but Daddy call meh ah bonehead"...well me eh wait to see mammy vex face, ah know it good, I just head to the van, sitdown and wait for further instructions,out dey...he come out after smilin, holdin some ice and we head down the road..
that was the only excitement...he still swim good and beat his times in 200 fr (2:27.59), 100 Im (1:20.22) but not in 50 bk(36.09..pb:34.83)...he he had a good meet all round...and for this season, he stayed #1 in Canada in 50 fly & back, and top 5 in most of his other events...#1 in quebec in all except any breast and 100 IM....he didn't beat the 2 boys from down the road, but ah show him he was with 1-2 secs of their time, and he doh he bud push him lilbit  ( he win by 7 secs),he was lil down cause he Bud get DQ.. - he say "yeah I could go faster, but I was trying to pace myself" ....Wha, we going for pacing weself now ? we gettin old..Cool..

1 down 2(Mzting - Prov.1 champs; Angel - Prov.2 champs) to go...
I will try to put up ah video of lilman 100 IM in ah lilbit.(doh the 200 lil mor impressive, didn't get it good)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWojqJ4SNjU
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 02:37:42 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2010, 12:40:28 PM »
another final meet done...MZTing, 4 Gold (50,100,200,400 fr), 1 Bronze (800 fr),
4th 200 IM(missed P2 : 2:40.01 by .01  :'(  ); 6 th 100 fly
Technique still need a lot of work, yet her coach is freaked, amazed that she still has so many areas that could be improved, yet still getting good results....He said he " is encouraged by that, she is like an Onion, many layers, but eventually he will get through to her " Ah say..."Good Luck...cause sometimes they make you cry too, but not me, I doh cook"...He buying meh ah beer for that ...Unfortunately didn't do any PBs....
other highlights: Anchored both 13-14, and 15-16 free Relays and IM, she (and another girl) practically swam the 13-14 teens', walked back did the 15-16 teens..Did a fanatastic come from behind for the 15-16 teens
on to next year...Got two team 1st, a 2nd and 3rd for those races
Tiring meet, was 45 mins away, warm ups at 7 am, finish 1 pm some days...finals at 4:30 pm, reach back home 9 pm...3 day meet...ah drive, buh ah bawl..
One more left, Angel P2 champs, 4 days, morning with evening finals...ah bawlin ahready... may not make finals in all events 50 & 200 fr, bk,br, 50 fly

ps: Local pool summer meets start Wednesday(my usual O45 game night)...lilman & Angel same age group....MzTing at top of hers

wha we really get into here  ::)  :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2010, 10:00:40 PM »
1st major summer clash went well, no stress..50 fly..lilman 1st, Angel 2nd...lilman win 50 fr, Angel win 50 bk
Mzting chose to do fly , 2nd, and breast, 3 rd...impressed by her decision...she told mammy "all of our pool swimmers & coaches swim for that other club, they are not giving me any attention (wha dah bout), I have to choose stuff that will improve me "....hmmmnn..wha dat really bout ? she say her last summer friends ignoring her, and she gettin ah cold shoulder vibe, buh she cool with that, she not diggin dem to much anyway....hmmmnnn.....so instead of doing pool activities, she rather go for 2 k runs...hmmmnnn...not sure whey this going or if is a good or bad ting...keeping ah eye on it...always preach to dem they have ah difference, but don't want dem to act or be treated any differently....boys not digging nothin, dem playin whole day by the pool as usual...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2010, 10:14:08 AM »
Last meet (Angel) start this Thursday...P2s, the top in the province, even some Nationals..as last time, if the boy make any finals is an accomplishment, doh he has good chances in the 50 fr & back...Medal worth ah blocko for sure.. ...eh wha..."no, I nuh lookin fo any excuse to party"..."badges, Badges, we doh need no stinkin badges"  :devil:

Day 1: Qualify 50 fr, and place 3 rd(28:43) in the final....I was sure he win..get out touch..ammm Backyard by fridge nextweek saturday   :beermug:
Day2: Qualify 9th 200 fr, 3rd 50 Bk..  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: Final tonight, gw... final postponed to Day 4 due to Thunder showers
Day 3: 400 fr 15th (5:08) ,200 Br 21 st (3:18) not even close to finals....good swims for him anyway, won both heats...Started of 4x50 relay for 11-12, did 28.32, then did 3rd leg of 13-14, have him clocked at 27.91  :o
found out if they count the relay, he would break the club LC record(28.35)...if they don't, he still have a whole year...

Day 4: 200 bk, 50 fly in dah mawnin, 200 fr, 50 bk finals in afternoon, plus he might be close in the 2 morning events, plus he doing 50 bk in the IM relay (11-12)...and maybe helping out the 13-14 boys too.. ah tired just thinking bout it
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:17:42 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2010, 09:11:29 PM »
 :applause: :cheers: :party: :wavetowel: :chilling: :beermug: :beermug: :puking: :sleepy:

K..ah lil sober now

the boy make finals in 5 of 8 events..improve time in all 7...medal(bronze) in 1.. Move onto the Canada top 50 list for his year in 7, Free: 50 - 3 rd, 200 - 12th, 400 -34th; Back: 50 - 5 th, 200 - 26 th; Breast : 50 - 5th, 200  -48 th; Fly :50 - 9 th ... :thumbsup:
50 fr - 28.43, (28.32 1st leg relay, 27.91 3 rd leg of 13-14 relay)
 we were very proud, and doh he was dead tired, he still manage to be in good spirits...
He brother completely playing he ignoring the successes, an we leaving it just so. His only question : "Am I swimming that meet next year ?" Me: Yes ..He: "Will my brother be at the same meet ?" Me: Yes ...He : "Ooh, Good"...end of talk

Day 4 : had to do a swim off and 5 finals,plus 2 relays (11-12(bk) & 13-14(fr))..although he started with the swimoff for 10 th pl for the breast final, by dropping another 2 sec from the prelims (where he dropped 3 secs), I think this, his normally weakest stoke, took a toll on him, and he struggled through the rest of the day....In many of his finals he was the only boy of the lower age group (11 yr old)..although the boy who won the 50 fr(28.27) & Fl(29.81), was also 11. He normally lives & swims in Hawaii, but comes back for the summer..we saw him last year as well....Hopefully next year we go haveall 3 in this top final meet..daiz it for Winter swimming....YYEeeeaaaahhhhh   :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :party:

lil bachanal was...in the same park as the swim meet had "Week-ends du Monde" and Saturday was Jamaica day, Cambodian day, Arab day amongst others (big parc, actually it's an island), and Sunday was Dominican Republic day and I stop right dey (didn't care bout what else)...an ah nearly miss some races gaping..buh each time ah ketch mehself just in time an run back quick quick (after Mammy text meh to see whey ah is)...didn't see no show doh...well except at a Brazilian dance school booth.....lawd have mussy....1 or 2 spectators going to the DR show area, went #1 in Canada for me doh   :-* :rotfl: :devil:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:30:47 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »
1st Summer lorse last night...we lost it with the 8 &U and Seniors...
yard pool...Angel win 11-12 50 free(27.something), Lilman 2nd(27.95) ...Angel win 50 back, Lilman win 50 fly..MzTing win 50 free, 2nd 50 breast, she did a big comeback,overtake for her team to win relay, to great excitement from her visting older brother & sister who had not seen them swim competitively before.....Lilman have hooked up with one of his local pool idols(he won seniors free & fly & presently owns the fly record, lilman set his sights on) for some extra pointers ...ah say, "Nice, yuh paying him",he say , "Sure, he make ah deal with the guy" & he run orf , "Oh !, what's that"...Mammy hit meh with "he made arrangements for you to give the guy some football pointers, so he could scrimmage with his friends"...."WHAT!"...I thinking, suppose I show the guy stuff and he go an get embarass.....me doh like them deals nah...Anyway ah ask how come, he doh listen to nobody but he coaches...she say, he really want the record...I think cause Angel & Mzting choose to go to a week long swim camp at the Olympic stadium...and he starting to get 2nd thoughts...

2 more Wed.night meets and then section finals....though mammy say we(pool & boys) have some licks to get in the last meet...looking forward to seeing those  :devil:

ADD: this just in, Angel selected as 1st Reserve for the Provincial Prospect team (competition swimming for 50 & 200 free), he is the youngest in the list.. :cheers:

ad:add: Wait ah minute, He asking "does that mean more swimming?"...me: "Does dat mean extra diving"  :-\

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:01:51 PM by maxg »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2010, 08:03:24 AM »
no comps closer to me so i/we cud fall een and support?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »
no comps closer to me so i/we cud fall een and support?
oh gorm, no Jumbie...ah go drive quite dey for ah plate ah yuh Lau and to buss ah lime, true...buh for swimming, ah dem eh ready yet.... :praying:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2010, 09:57:52 AM »
Last summer meet tonight...Semis' Saturday...
Doh know who swimming what tonight, but lilman, ask meh to drive by the pool last Sunday to check with the coach what they go register him for in the Big meet Saturday....and he brudda...ah say wha, yuh wha see if yuh going up against him, he say "No Dad, U doh understand"- (ah does fuhget dem know more than me)- "It because we will get maximum points if we both swim the back, he does the free, I do the fly, and the other boys fight up for the breast, which doh he(angel) probably can beat our teammates, he would lose in the final, and they could get same points as him".......huh....Wheyyy..Meh boy growing up... :'(
"that very good, how yuh work that out", He hit meh "Easy..it only makes sense"....Wow

when we get home...  :) ah rush to tell mammy, how we boy maturing an ting....She say, really, why ? ah explain the logistics...She yeah, ah had a lil time trying to convince him how it would work out better for the team, he was hoping he didn't have to go up against he bro ( who kinda hot right now), but then she show him how it will best serve the other boys supporting them and strengthen the team, and he finally agreed.....
 :o >:(
ah say "oh"....ah couldn't go through how he pull ah nex one on meh ....nice one

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2010, 02:50:24 PM »
We lorse 540 to 520 las nite, had we won we would have picked up the all-season trophy, Lost it in the last 2 relays (Snrs and we had we national swimmers)....Mzting, won the free, placed 3 rd in breast, Angel won the free and back beating Lilman...who wasn't to happy,cause he didn't beat his time either (did 35.53), buh he come over breathing hard, chest heaving an ting, ah feel he wha cry, buh actin like he juust out-ah breath...because ah yesterday, ah wanted to hit him with "Ah see the Emergency backstroke let yuh down", cause he DID try and bring it , but he too sensitive, and it woulda mash him up, and he still had the fly to do, so ah concientiously hold meh tongue...well he went out and do his best time of the summer in the fly, 33.sumting....and come over no big high-five no puff chess, humble humble...He really growing up...ah say "Good job, guy"....he look up and meh mind start to race...Oh Gorm, he go spoil it....He say "Thanks dad, we will see how I'm gonna do on Saturday at semis....Especially in the back"....I say "it's ok, just do yuh best, yuh still have another year at this level"..He say, "Oh, I will "....Me thinks race ON, buh ah feelin d Angel feelin it....who takin bets

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2010, 02:05:59 PM »
Saturday semis...they all won there individual heats...When the sections results were compiliated to determine the finalist for next Saturday..
Angel : 1st 50 free (28.64), 1st 50 back (33.87) (updated)
Lilman : 3rd 50 back(36.33), 1st 50 fly (34.07)
MzTing : 1st 50 free(28.74), 1st 50 fly (32.27)

Needless to say, fight break out Sunday, with lilman "confiscating" the Angel bed & pillow   ???  all just before he give me some mouth, ah say that is inappropiate and uncalled for he sayin "I'm just enjoying myself, what's your problem", and as ah step  he dash to he bedroom, that is when he confiscate he brother stuff, Mammy end up havin to share some licks and everything was seemingly back to normal this morning, with him apolegizing to he mudda & me, we think we know what cause the whole scene(he hasn't beaten his time all summer in back), buh we decide not to go there...I just point out to him, both he and he sis have another year at that age group, so doh dig....an we leave it at that...
I said "Saturday we will see if you guys can hold on to those rankings, good luck", he say, "Thanks dad, they will need it"   ::)  ah say, "wha. yuh mean u doh need it ?" he say, "uh huh" and buss it  ???

he usually well behaved eh, buh sometimes ah feel the boy does lose it, either that r I does lose it
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:00:41 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »
What ah weekend...Finals Saturday, then rush off to Angel U12-football Tournament, then off to my game against Braves from TO, lime after, lime some more..then Sunday morning 9 am game for Angel, then his team make finals 3:30, then off to Summer pool presentation, then reach home and pass out...TV on ManU-Fulham...wake up dis mornin real beabea...
Was a good weekend, except ah twist meh good knee in the Braves game  (lasted ah whole 20 minutes doh, setup 2), we lorse 3-2.....ah not even standing up on ah artificial field again....ah didn't even feel when ah do the twist, juss so,juss so, meh foot went numb...buh ah follow that numbness up(head) at the lime, then this morning all that wear off...pressure...Now for the real news
Angel: 1st 50 free(28.09) & 50 Back(33.39)...Went #2 on all-regional list in 50 free, just missed the record - 28.00 - but broke our pool record, 28.43. Went #6 on alltime list, and broke our pool record as well. Collected most outstanding swimmer at our pool presentation.
MzTing :  2nd 50 free (28.69), 2nd 50 fly (32.15). Didn't make regional all-time top 10 in either, and missed our pool record (free: 28.37), and although she did break the fly record, her 2nd place was to her teamate, who got it (31.93).and she gets to repeat next year..
Lilman, also repeating next year: 3rd 50 back(34.85- didn't make top 10 list), 2nd 50 fly(32.66- 7 th alltime), and he was so happy he beat his times, he didn't even consider Angel winning...an saying can't wait for next year..Both he & MzTing won MVP for their respective age groups...Fight only breakout Sunday after the pool presentation, when we get home...ah didn't expect it, buh when ah think about it, ah think when he get MVP, and realize Angel get best overall boy, that mustbe do it...

Angel team win the football, 5-0, 3-0, 8-0, Final 3-1..Angel (played Stopper) keep going on how, he wha switch to intercity football next summer, cause he does have more fun playing that....or saying maybe we(he & Mzting) could switch pools into another region where most of his winter swimming friends are...we go have to work that out next year, especially as Lilman dun set sights on, next year records, and that Overall boy trophy....Cross that bridge, when we come to it yes... 

Summer swimming DUN !.   :wavetowel:  no swimming for 2 weeks, till we start back winter swimming and driving all over the place and pick up from school, and drop 1 home, and go back get the next 2 and.....well nothing for ah whole week, cause school start next week...ah go settle for that....ah ain't tell Mammy yet, buh ah going an try & play next Wednesday, last O45 game....it might be for life, cause it have no waiting to get better nah...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2010, 05:35:25 PM »
well training start back..since our pool under repairs for the next 3 months, winter snowstorms included, mzting will be training at a college ONLY half hour down the highway, and 1/2 hr later the boys training only 15 minutes in the other direction...so far this 1st week everyone make it on time (not cold yet)..1st meet, all 3 will be together, is the end of October...basically the boys will depend on competition from each other and the other clubs, although lilman does try to push himself in practice, angel don't, and usually about 2 back in a different lane..so lilman not feeling it, until the last set, where they race...and of course Angel doing a different leg in the relay...anyway, so far, 1st week...no fight, there coach is the Canadian waterpolo coach, and would only be back next week, so once he start we will see...
Overheard from one of Mzting friends who just move up to seniors
"This training is Hell"
2nd yr senior:"Not really, this is only the morning warmup"
 :rotfl:

ah glad me in try dis sport nah  :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 05:46:06 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2010, 05:24:07 AM »
well training start back..since our pool under repairs for the next 3 months, winter snowstorms included, mzting will be training at a college ONLY half hour down the highway, and 1/2 hr later the boys training only 15 minutes in the other direction...so far this 1st week everyone make it on time (not cold yet)..1st meet, all 3 will be together, is the end of October...basically the boys will depend on competition from each other and the other clubs, although lilman does try to push himself in practice, angel don't, and usually about 2 back in a different lane..so lilman not feeling it, until the last set, where they race...and of course Angel doing a different leg in the relay...anyway, so far, 1st week...no fight, there coach is the Canadian waterpolo coach, and would only be back next week, so once he start we will see...
"This training is Hell"

Watch meh, you see what Mz Ting going through, that is everyone when they make their first jump to a senior group. Tell her not to worry. By the time end of season reach, she go look at that like is suckeye.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »
"This training is Hell"

Watch meh, you see what Mz Ting going through, that is everyone when they make their first jump to a senior group. Tell her not to worry. By the time end of season reach, she go look at that like is suckeye.
she still 13-14 for a next year, is she last year compadres bawling...
we haven't seen the 2nd fastest free boy(Angel competition) show at practice yet, everybody wondering if he jump to the big club..Hope not, with him we would be winning the provincial 11-12 free relay for sure, as we would have #1, #2, #4 and #11 in the province....our next fastest guy is #22, by rights we should still be good, yet...mammy wondering wha I digging, provincials not for a next 5 months, 1st week ah practice, and I panicing ahready.. :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »
good news: the 2nd fastest boy is returning next week..our boys 11-12 relay team is back to full strength..

Mzting relay team that broke the provincial record 2 years ago, is re-united this year, and could potentially break the 13-14 free & Medley record again

We would be looking good for the provincials, even if we are in Tier 1 because of us winning Tier 2 last year and moving up to swim against the big clubs.

The bad news : Politics rears it ugly head, once again. The Provincial federation has decalred our clubs amongst 2 others as only able to swim exhibition relays, as we are a union of 2 or more different pools forming 1 club, even though we have always been, as our 2nd pool is 10 km away and has a membership of bout less than 50 kids, they just wanted to be associated with a club, they can go meets with, and not travel far to practice, and our total club membership still does not equal any of the other top Tier clubs. Since relays count for double points, chances are we would come last and be demoted back to Tier 2, due to this ruling.....Lot of ppl pissed, mammy dun send email to our head coach to ask him wha he go do bout dat...she not happy.. :-\ real bad news for me, when mammy not happy  ::)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2010, 12:19:54 PM »
Great news
Angel selected to Provincial Prospect team, based on 50 Fr & 50 Back200 free. (so far just 2 weekend swim camps right here cross town - 45 minutes away,Ifnotraffic ) at the Stadium...woulda rather drive Maracas even with Traffic  ::)
MzTing & Lilman selected to be awarded Regional awards for last year.
Have been observing a few of the early meets this season, and noticed very few ppl doing best times, maybe 1st meet ppl are just kicking in again, better we start adjusting everyone expectations before everybody gets disappointed, doh with lilman, he cyah help taking on.. so far in practice everybody lookin faster doh...Angel leading the 50 sets by 3_4 secs, followed by lilman 2 secs ahead ah the stronger girls, then the other boys.. Angel grow bout 5 '' (bout 5'7'' now) over the summer, and he have a quiet confidence now(he strong like rass too, I make ah joke an dip for the belt, he know ah was joking, but more than dat, he wrestle meh, and almost take whey the belt from meh yes.....ah had to give him 2 bodyslam, dodge he drop kick, an buss the drunken master/ snake style to win it back, before ah get him to run off. - mammy say , How yuh breathin so, yuh better stop playin with him so rough, otherwise yuh go kill yuhself :D ;D jus kidding we does mostly juss graple lil bit, buh he lil ripped for ah 12 yr old, and now with all the training an my lack of,dey doh bun at all, make an ah realize how ah ole like rass for real -, lilman still pushin him doh, buh lil yellin an chuckin break out in the dressing room - doh lilman only reachin he chest, cause Angel tell lilman to keep the shouting down in the dressing room....well ah straighten dat out, with talk, and everybody apologised, and everyone tight again...Lilman not getting upset at all over trailing him in swimming, cause he figures once he grow, he will be beating him. 'no problem'...Right now, he is the shortest of the 3, and sure that is why they beating him..

Goin to ah Mzting practice for the 1st time tonight, she dun tell meh, "no comments please dad"  >:(
wha she mean by that...supposed ah have good comments or something good to say...*steups*
14 yrs girls Nikiminajes is something else yes...doh remember so much chat from meh older ones when dey was that age, dem in ey late 20s early 30s an dey still doh give meh mouth like these 3...the older girl say, "Dad all you had to do was 'the look', these guys think the look is the funniest monkey face ever"...."good luck with that, I'm out"   Me: "oh Gorm, help meh nah" :'( :'( ;D   She: " :rotfl: , I never saw that look on you before"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:55:49 PM by maxg »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2010, 02:54:24 PM »
Great news
Angel selected to Provincial Prospect team, based on 50 Fr & 50 Back. (so far just 2 weekend swim camps right here cross town - 45 minutes away,Ifnotraffic ) at the Stadium...woulda rather drive Maracas even with Traffic  ::)
MzTing & Lilman selected to be awarded Regional awards for last year.
Have been observing a few of the early meets this season, and noticed very few ppl doing best times, maybe 1st meet ppl are just kicking in again, better we start adjusting everyone expectations before everybody gets disappointed, doh with lilman, he cyah help taking on.. so far in practice everybody lookin faster doh...Angel leading the 50 sets by 3_4 secs, followed by lilman 2 secs ahead ah the stronger girls, then the other boys.. Angel grow bout 5 '' (bout 5'7'' now) over the summer, and he have a quiet confidence now(he strong like rass too, I make ah joke an dip for the belt, he know ah was joking, but more than dat, he wrestle meh, and almost take whey the belt from meh yes.....ah had to give him 2 bodyslam, dodge he drop kick, an buss the drunken master/ snake style to win it back, before ah get him to run off. - mammy say , How yuh breathin so, yuh better stop playin with him so rough, otherwise yuh go kill yuhself :D ;D jus kidding we does mostly juss graple lil bit, buh he lil ripped for ah 12 yr old, and now with all the training an my lack of,dey doh bun at all, make an ah realize how ah ole like rass for real -, lilman still pushin him doh, buh lil yellin an chuckin break out in the dressing room - doh lilman only reachin he chest, cause Angel tell lilman to keep the shouting down in the dressing room....well ah straighten dat out, with talk, and everybody apologised, and everyone tight again...Lilman not getting upset at all over trailing him in swimming, cause he figures once he grow, he will be beating him. 'no problem'...Right now, he is the shortest of the 3, and sure that is why they beating him..

Goin to ah Mzting practice for the 1st time tonight, she dun tell meh, "no comments please dad"  >:(
wha she mean by that...supposed ah have good comments or something good to say...*steups*
14 yrs girls Nikiminajes is something else yes...doh remember so much chat from meh older ones when dey was that age, dem in ey late 20s early 30s an dey still doh give meh mouth like these 3...the older girl say, "Dad all you had to do was 'the look', these guys think the look is the funniest monkey face ever"...."good luck with that, I'm out"   Me: "oh Gorm, help meh nah" :'( :'( ;D   She: " :rotfl: , I never saw that look on you before"

Congrats
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »
5'7" at 12? He is one for the future. I liking the prospects max. Keep it up and tell the guys great swimming.

1]; } ?>