March 28, 2024, 06:48:19 AM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164750 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2010, 01:58:28 PM »
thanks, will do, will see what the next couple ah weeks bring..would be best coming from U doh, cause I'm only dar-D, me doh know nutten  ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2010, 02:50:41 PM »
Angel come home from the swim camp dead tired, almost fall asleep at the supper table , chewing  ;D
was one of the youngest boys there...we waiting for this weekend match up, he going up against some of the top boys in the Province,his age-group (including he brother, Lilman)...no bachanal yet...Mzting anxious for herself too, we all are...fraid to get our hopes up to high, especially for Mzting making the P2 standards,plus the federation lowered the Age group national standards by a few seconds, so she will be trying to regain that glory, stressful the wait, but interesting all the same...
Funny thing  doh, over the weekend, MzTing an lilman recieved regional awards, but not Angel, cause 1, he was bottom of his group, and only did his fantastic swims at the end of the year at provincials, which got him on the provincial team, but not recognised at the (smaller) regional level...he lose heself in he Nintendo throughout the whole presentations, doh he did applaud when he lil bredder went up..

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:08:15 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2010, 08:01:06 AM »
Arrggghhh, Mzting stay home from school today...Fever, cold...oh no.. :nailbiting:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »
Angel : 6 1st (beat all times) Lilman: 4 2nd, 2 3rds(bat) ; Mzting: 2nd(b 50 fr),6th,14th,17 th,33 rd.
All races the boys were side by side
Most impressive matchup : 50 Fly Angel- 31.57; Lilman - 31.62 (lilman was watching at Angel all of the last 20 m, that was kinda freaky)
Both ah dem miss school today (an practice tonight) with the flu, Mzting recover from last week.

add: not to much noise, Lilman accuse Angel of him taking his googles, but the coach nip that in the bud early o'clock.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:05:36 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »
well training start back..since our pool under repairs for the next 3 months, winter snowstorms included, mzting will be training at a college ONLY half hour down the highway, and 1/2 hr later the boys training only 15 minutes in the other direction...so far this 1st week everyone make it on time (not cold yet)..1st meet, all 3 will be together, is the end of October...basically the boys will depend on competition from each other and the other clubs, although lilman does try to push himself in practice, angel don't, and usually about 2 back in a different lane..so lilman not feeling it, until the last set, where they race...and of course Angel doing a different leg in the relay...anyway, so far, 1st week...no fight, there coach is the Canadian waterpolo coach, and would only be back next week, so once he start we will see...
Overheard from one of Mzting friends who just move up to seniors
"This training is Hell"
2nd yr senior:"Not really, this is only the morning warmup"
 :rotfl:

ah glad me in try dis sport nah  :beermug:

Watch meh, you see what Mz Ting going through, that is everyone when they make their first jump to a senior group. Tell her not to worry. By the time end of season reach, she go look at that like is suckeye.

ah had to re-visit this, training ting, cause I figure when we on Holiday, we should try to do a lil something...eh heh...I went an research what training times the other clubs round here, and in Ontario do, and it's  quite similar to your Elite clubs in Trinidad...all the time I thinking allyuh Training was excessive, as I stated, not knowing with meh ignorant self, that all that is Normal for the sport...wta !...All this time we kids bawlin and we feeling it for dem, and is Sorf we club sorf, we kids, and we too, i guess  :-[...well right now dey enjoying deyself in spite of how tuff, they THINK their training is, so me not go be d one to break no 'more wuk to do' news nah, we going down the road chippin juss so, hopefully when they hit the big stage, dey eh go back-back an fraid de mas, an try to show everybody that they (or if they) ready to jump & wave...boy, I realizin this competitive swimming is for beast, guy...buh wha dah make meh, beast fadda  :-\
As long as dey willing ah go drive dem (buh ah know dem 5:30 am sessions go be make or break the scene for all we boys, including yours truly - not dat yours truly  :rotfl:).....wheys..more respect swima
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:01:06 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2010, 07:46:30 AM »
well training start back..since our pool under repairs for the next 3 months, winter snowstorms included, mzting will be training at a college ONLY half hour down the highway, and 1/2 hr later the boys training only 15 minutes in the other direction...so far this 1st week everyone make it on time (not cold yet)..1st meet, all 3 will be together, is the end of October...basically the boys will depend on competition from each other and the other clubs, although lilman does try to push himself in practice, angel don't, and usually about 2 back in a different lane..so lilman not feeling it, until the last set, where they race...and of course Angel doing a different leg in the relay...anyway, so far, 1st week...no fight, there coach is the Canadian waterpolo coach, and would only be back next week, so once he start we will see...
Overheard from one of Mzting friends who just move up to seniors
"This training is Hell"
2nd yr senior:"Not really, this is only the morning warmup"
 :rotfl:

ah glad me in try dis sport nah  :beermug:

Watch meh, you see what Mz Ting going through, that is everyone when they make their first jump to a senior group. Tell her not to worry. By the time end of season reach, she go look at that like is suckeye.

ah had to re-visit this, training ting, cause I figure when we on Holiday, we should try to do a lil something...eh heh...I went an research what training times the other clubs round here, and in Ontario do, and it's  quite similar to your Elite clubs in Trinidad...all the time I thinking allyuh Training was excessive, as I stated, not knowing with meh ignorant self, that all that is Normal for the sport...wta !...All this time we kids bawlin and we feeling it for dem, and is Sorf we club sorf, we kids, and we too, i guess  :-[...well right now dey enjoying deyself in spite of how tuff, they THINK their training is, so me not go be d one to break no 'more wuk to do' news nah, we going down the road chippin juss so, hopefully when they hit the big stage, dey eh go back-back an fraid de mas, an try to show everybody that they (or if they) ready to jump & wave...boy, I realizin this competitive swimming is for beast, guy...buh wha dah make meh, beast fadda  :-\
As long as dey willing ah go drive dem (buh ah know dem 5:30 am sessions go be make or break the scene for all we boys, including yours truly - not dat yours truly  :rotfl:).....wheys..more respect swima

Truth be told, it varies when it comes to different coaches and their philosophies. But one thing is constant. there is no off season, there is no "well I go swim and play baseball" there is no "I doh need to do 7000 cuz I's a sprinter. Swimming doh operate so. Is hard wuk or go home and when yuh go home, doh play yuh coming back two and three times, cuz yuh done ehn going nowhere with dat.

I just kep them interested as much as I can cuz I know when it come to CXC and is water more dan flour, all ah dem go done d sport.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:18:39 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2010, 12:13:01 PM »
almost forget, at the Canada Cup (sc) in Toronto, George Bovell won the 100 free, Joshua Mccleod won the 50 fly(meet record) and 4 th in 100 free, behind George....they are qualified 1,2 in prelims for todays 50 free finals. notable scratch was Canada #1 Brent Hayden.....Abraham Mccleod qualified 15 th making the B final in the 50 Breast....as say to lilmam the big boys from TT doing well, he ask who dey beat, Tariq or Abdullah ? (the 12 old TT competitor livin TO), mammy say NO ! Tariq not there this is the big boys, he ask meh if dey beat Brent Hayden . ah say, No, he not there, buh these are the best in Canada now....he give meh d look and gone....ah know d look, buh ah tryin to encorage smart mouth talk, so ah didn't ask nutten....buh ah know the lil bugger wha say, if dey ain't beat Tariq or Brent, dey eh beat nobody....

link for finals: https://www.swimming.ca/SwimCANWebTV
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 05:17:07 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »
Bovell 1st, McLeod 2nd in 50 free

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2010, 08:32:36 AM »
almost forget, at the Canada Cup (sc) in Toronto, George Bovell won the 100 free, Joshua Mccleod won the 50 fly(meet record) and 4 th in 100 free, behind George....they are qualified 1,2 in prelims for todays 50 free finals. notable scratch was Canada #1 Brent Hayden.....Abraham Mccleod qualified 15 th making the B final in the 50 Breast....as say to lilmam the big boys from TT doing well, he ask who dey beat, Tariq or Abdullah ? (the 12 old TT competitor livin TO), mammy say NO ! Tariq not there this is the big boys, he ask meh if dey beat Brent Hayden . ah say, No, he not there, buh these are the best in Canada now....he give meh d look and gone....ah know d look, buh ah tryin to encorage smart mouth talk, so ah didn't ask nutten....buh ah know the lil bugger wha say, if dey ain't beat Tariq or Brent, dey eh beat nobody....

link for finals: https://www.swimming.ca/SwimCANWebTV

Yeah I following them whole weekend. Good swims for now, and we will see what is what at worlds in 3 weeks.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2010, 11:10:38 AM »
Mcleod break the meet record in the prelims for 50100 fly, Bovell 2nd going into finals for 100 IM. Check link for finals this evening, round 5 pm or so..
Abe Mcleod having a rough meet doh, swimming quite a few cliks of his best, in the breast strokes...hope he's not too down.
:corrected...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:38:21 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2010, 12:14:24 PM »
It was the hundred record he broke this morning. Very good swim for him. Could be even faster at worlds when fully rested, as I suspect he is still not sharp as yet. Looking good.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »
It was the hundred record he broke this morning. Very good swim for him. Could be even faster at worlds when fully rested, as I suspect he is still not sharp as yet. Looking good.
that's scary...on another note, there is only one swimmer from our club, i think his best placing was 46 th in 100 free, doh he hasn't done any best times.. :(  meanwhile our main competitors the larger Pointe Claire (where we live) are 7 th in the competition..top provincial club, CNPPO(downtown Mtl) are 3rd...if dem 3 TT swimmers were swimming for our club, we would be 8th place on just 2 of them......Allyuh cyah lend we dem for ah year, just so we could see we name on the points board once ?  ;D...anyway in 4 years that might change, if God maintain his blessings..:praying:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2010, 10:44:37 AM »
mzting went ah Snr practice yesterday morn, 6 to 8 am, as she was missing her regular team practice that afternoon...eh heh...after dat she sayin she doh like nutten of what they doing, she doh wha move  to that next year, she not going to have fun, she wha join anudda club, she doh want to go her regular practice next day, she not sure she wha swim anymore...both mammy and I were quite disappointed, and we explained,she just face ah little bit of pressure and she ready to quit, that's not right...well noise, discussion, noise, chill out, discussion, Mammy say "OK. Fine, if you won't give your best, don't bother go" "sports prepare you for life and suppose to develop your resolve, if you will quit everytime you are faced with challenges, then you will be quite disappointed with what real life brings"...Angel jump up and shout out "Doh let them use reverse physchology on you"...he get  the look and he start to laugh, well buff pass, he get warn to mind he business or else, he come back with "you see i'm right, see how they resort to threats"...me: "Boy, Hush yuh mouth, and stop talkin chupidness, buhwhamtodisboyatall"...he say " See, he switching to trini, see I hit the nail on the head, here comes the violence".....me: "bwta, BOY, GOTOYUH Fblasted room, change yuh clothes, go  to bed"..."NOW"....mammy: "maxg, Kool down, relax".....me: "WHAT, then I going to bed, allyuh wuk allyuh stuff out"...this morning, Mzting come in the room at 6 am, asking for ah lift to practice..."OK"...next meet for all 3 in 2 wks, I driving and I cool, if anybody doh wha go, i gettin time to lime lilbit   8) yeah, I cool man, no stress, would hate to see some measure of talent wasted doh,  maybe mammy was talkin to me too eh, 'when things get tuff - i.e. raising teens - doh quit, it might get worse in the long run'.. ::).. :-\ :-[ :-X ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:46:41 AM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2010, 06:43:35 PM »
mzting went ah Snr practice yesterday morn, 6 to 8 am, as she was missing her regular team practice that afternoon...eh heh...after dat she sayin she doh like nutten of what they doing, she doh wha move  to that next year, she not going to have fun, she wha join anudda club, she doh want to go her regular practice next day, she not sure she wha swim anymore...both mammy and I were quite disappointed, and we explained,she just face ah little bit of pressure and she ready to quit, that's not right...well noise, discussion, noise, chill out, discussion, Mammy say "OK. Fine, if you won't give your best, don't bother go" "sports prepare you for life and suppose to develop your resolve, if you will quit everytime you are faced with challenges, then you will be quite disappointed with what real life brings"...Angel jump up and shout out "Doh let them use reverse physchology on you"...he get  the look and he start to laugh, well buff pass, he get warn to mind he business or else, he come back with "you see i'm right, see how they resort to threats"...me: "Boy, Hush yuh mouth, and stop talkin chupidness, buhwhamtodisboyatall"...he say " See, he switching to trini, see I hit the nail on the head, here comes the violence".....me: "bwta, BOY, GOTOYUH Fblasted room, change yuh clothes, go  to bed"..."NOW"....mammy: "maxg, Kool down, relax".....me: "WHAT, then I going to bed, allyuh wuk allyuh stuff out"...this morning, Mzting come in the room at 6 am, asking for ah lift to practice..."OK"...next meet for all 3 in 2 wks, I driving and I cool, if anybody doh wha go, i gettin time to lime lilbit   8) yeah, I cool man, no stress, would hate to see some measure of talent wasted doh,  maybe mammy was talkin to me too eh, 'when things get tuff - i.e. raising teens - doh quit, it might get worse in the long run'.. ::).. :-\ :-[ :-X ;)

It's a hell of a thing eh? They do not want to quit, but all they want is reassurance. Give them a reason to continue and they will always seriously consider it. You too have to be willing to go through the hardships with them.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »

It's a hell of a thing eh? They do not want to quit, but all they want is reassurance. Give them a reason to continue and they will always seriously consider it. You too have to be willing to go through the hardships with them.
I hear yuh eh..buh in my time the only reason ah wudda get was "because I say so", and I woulda have to hold that...ah really ease up on meh 1st 2 and give them "because yada yada yada", but these 3 now, after ah give them the Yada, they wha ah mile & ah PS3 with that ...ah thought with age, come patience, buh deh have meh in ah mess....imagine, mammy hah to hold one ah dem back(the Angel at that) , cause ah say, if anybody falter ah deleting all games off the computer...then he rush meh an say " If you do dat, I will personally nag you for the rest of your Natural life"....now yuh hear threat, that is threat...ah didn't tell mammy, buh ah nearly take him out then and there(with ah smile on meh face like Jack with England  :)), except mammy woulda make meh natural life run short  :D   ...and he know dat
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 01:41:56 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2010, 05:44:55 PM »

I hear yuh eh..buh in my time the only reason ah wudda get was "because I say so", and I woulda have to hold that...ah really ease up on meh 1st 2 and give them "because yada yada yada", but these 3 now, after ah give them the Yada, they wha ah mile & ah PS3 with that ...ah thought with age, come patience, buh deh have meh in ah mess....imagine, mammy hah to hold one ah dem back(the Angel at that) , cause ah say, if anybody falter ah deleting all games off the computer...then he rush meh an say " If you do dat, I will personally nag you for the rest of your Natural life"....now yuh hear threat, that is threat...ah didn't tell mammy, buh ah nearly take him out then and there(with ah smile on meh face like Jack with England  :)), except mammy woulda make meh natural life run short  :D   ...and he know dat

I feel to do that every day with these brats I have, but the key thing to remember is that they are young and cannot see the whole picture as yet. They struggling with what to wear to school, what game to ask for for xmas, or how I go tell that girl I like her. They cannot see beyond tonight, much less next year or end of season.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2010, 06:41:37 PM »
Psych sheet up for this weekend, and found #1 12 yr old in Canada- in everything is comming, and going up in everything the boys doing. like he comming to see who these upstarts are  :devil:
 In some cases, like 50 back, he ranked 1 (of course) they are #2, & 3. but  he listed at 31.71 & they are 33.35 & 33.56...2 seconds faster, that crazy...it's great to see this talent, doh not so nice watching the boys fight-up with each other, and getting licks...was thinking ah should warn them, but it might only add stress, buh dey will discover soon enuff in heats, and then hold they head and bawl when they have to face him again in finals...by then we will prep we stories "how priviledged they are to swim against somebody this great".
To bad Angel won't be swimming his better events(50,200 fr) against him, due to school exams that day, I'm sure he would have been able to do a best time, even if the phenom doing 26.5m almost 2 secs faster....we more anxious than them doh....Mzting just count if she could squeak in to the finals, her best ranking is 5th (100 fr), but maintaining that would be tough, as some serious growing talent she has to face ( bout 4 of the top 10 represented Canada at Age group Intnls...no stress  :rotfl:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2010, 08:31:07 PM »
Well is wasn't no Dubai, buh it was like OUR Dubai...

Start off Friday with
Lilman in 200 free best time  final  5 th 2:21:71 (Winner Z. Li  - 2:02:26)
             200 fly    direct final 3:rd  2:38:83 (Winner Z. Li - 2:31:99)
             50 free  best time  prelim : 29:36  final 5th  29:67   (winner Z. Li -  26:73) 
            ah warn allyuh bout this Z-man, he enter in every possible event (collect 4 gold on Friday) buh ah didn't have the heart to tell dem bout he, and ah next boy who come in from Egypt (#1 11 yr old there)..I say boys go have to man up and face the music..
MzTing :    200 fr 8 th final 2:13:57 (winner O Sbaraglia : 2:04:78)
               50 free 8 th final 28:41 (winner O Sbaraglia : 26:53)

On the way home Lilman ask meh if he brother would be there tomorrow, ah say "yep "..he  say "Yeah, I need some help here"... :rotfl:

Saturday :  200 breast Angel 3rd 2:51:83(winner Z. Li -  2:42:47)
                50 bk   Angel 2nd 31:72 Lilman 5th  33:53 (winner Z. Li -  31:12)
                200 IM Angel 2nd  2:32:72 Lilman 5th 2:40:68 (winner Z. Li -  2:18:83)

Mzting - 100 free - 8th 1:02:11
                             100 bk - 41 st 1:19:72
                              100 fly - 28th 1:17:22

like mzting doh plan to beat none of her time this weekend, ah least she look like she trying. The boys doin best times, and lilman not digging nothing losing to he brother, as ah tell him, he brother wasn't doin his kinda times at his age last year...everybody fairly relaxed

Sunday
Angel start dancing before the starts and singing & waving to friends an thing, well is either he psych out the Z-man or the boy was just tired winning everything, buh next thing yuh know, the Angel come and swimmin like ah beast, and lilman was riding the wave too..
Start off with 4X50 free (Angel lead off with 27:70, lilman 29:16)   they win 1:57:85
                    50 fly  Angel :1st  30.02  Lilman 3rd : 31.39 (Z Li 2 nd)
                    50 breast : Angel : 1st : 36:02 Lilman 16th 43:65 (Z li 2nd)
then the Zman went and win the 400 IM in 5:08
then we win the 4X50 Medley (angel do breast, lilman do fly), then Angel did a 4 th in 400 free  4:58 05 while that beast Z Li came 3rd (Winner:  A How 4:50 56)...Zman was the talk of the meet swam in 10 events +  4 relays (he swim 11-12 & 13-14 free & medley) got 7 gold, 2 nds, 1 3rd ...he actually only slightly taller than Angel, doh lilman bout he shoulder, and the boy from Egypt, actually bigger(wider, muscled, doh he younger) . Ah get too excited and mess up the video for the fly, so ah went over an talk to the Egyptian daddy and explain how meh life in danger with meh wife an ting (she was timing and couldn't see the race), and we sitdown, and chat and welcome him to the city an ting, cause I friendly & boldface so, fellas at the US game in connecticut dun know...well, he dun hook meh up with the race on Youtube .
Mzting also did a fantastic swim to help win gold in 4X50 free.....me  doh know bout dem kids, buh I tired no ass..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wMdsrEcMR4
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 11:46:47 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2011, 03:33:58 PM »
well finally, swim meet at 'the Big Owe' (Olympic stadium) tomorrow...Hear lilman nah, when told he not in the same heats with he brother - "Well, we'll see if I still got it" and "I'll be asking the guys in the lanes next to me as they are finishing, A A dah iz U ?" 
So I pointed out to him they are timed heats, and the guys he will be swimming against would be bigger & older...he hit meh with "don't know bout Angel, but the guy in front, dah iz me, oui"

maybe this boy go be d next "tommy Joseph"  :devil:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:37:28 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2011, 09:56:27 PM »
 :'( :'(

meh kids growin up..beat each other times and no fight.. :o
they were even cheering poolside for each other...   :o

wha really going on...later find out mammy was payin bribes ...is dat like extortion ?

and they do decent time, even MzTing, and the Angel break the club 11-12 50 free, 26:77 -drop 10 secs in 2 years - wha-d-hell...I throwing in ah new dvd movie an ah PSP game, and see wha kinda behaviour and times dat bring tomorrow yes..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »
Overall.. Angel 1 1st, 4 2nd, 1 DQ, best swim:26.77 50 sc free, club 11-12 rec, #2 alltime quebec), worst 400 free (5:39). DQ, did a flykick 1st in the breast, wasn't happy with himself, as he was going after the club 50 breast record as well.

Lilman 3 1st, 2 3rd, 1 6th, best swim:32.58 50 sc bk,worst swim (200 free added 3 sec; 2:24 6th)...yuh know he had to give some talk, saying, just enuff for he brother to hear- who still have the faster time,btw.."I'm back, I own the fly".....ah hah to shell out someting for the restraint, cause he bro didn't take him on - he didn't swim the fly tha day, but didn't bother point out who has the faster time, cause the fight widda start..

Mzting : 1 1st, 2 2nd, 7th,9 th, 17th, best swim: 200 fr: 2.12.71 (1st), finally get back to last year time, worst swim : 100 back 1:24, besides adding 5 secs to her time, ah thought the life guard woulda have to jump in and save she....struggle !, she actually found it funny, as usual...

next meet - the Provincial SC final (the big one) - 27 Feb.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:13:45 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2011, 09:38:05 PM »
Event sched. up for provincials (P2)..  5 of Angel better events on day 1, and it's a competition policy to only do 3 a day, max 7 whole meet, so somehow the coach will have to balance between the 4 boys we have at this standard to maximize the club points.Using the provincial rankings as the psche sheet (Angel Rank- AR#, Lilman Rank  - LR#, Our next best boy rank OB#, - non top 50 ranked)
Then afternoon finals where yu really have to swim, less rest..he bun las year, by the time finals come..hmmnnn
Day 1:
200 IM(AR2,LM4,OB6),
200 Fr(AR2, OB4,LM11),
50 fly(AR1, LM2,OB31), 200 bk
50 br (AR1, LM45,OB-)
800 fr.(AR-,LM-,OB-) (unofficial OB2,AR3,LM8) 
Day 2
200 br(AR4,LM-, OB40)
50 fr(AR1,OB3, LM8)
400 fr(OB3, AR5,LM10)
Day 3
200 fly(LM2,AR-, OB-)
50 Bk(AR1,LM2, OB7)
400 IM(LM4,AR5,OB8)
 So if Angel do on day 3, just 50 bk,then lilman do 200 fl, and he and the other boy do 400 Im, then day 2, 200 br, 50 fr for Angel....Well I never here 200 IM followed by 200 fr same day, in a major comp :nailbiting:..I feel they do that for spite.
I feel we get setup, wait nah, this thing quite 3 weeks away, and ah in ah state ahreadyy, look how this thing have meh,nah...anyway..divide by 91.4 multiply by 100, convert to metres, not counting flip, and if they use gun, instead ah d beeper...hmmmnnn.bess we go with all the 50s' for Angel..and let LM and OB, deal up with, but, then.. :frustrated: :banginghead:

add: frig dat, meh not no swimming coach, I going an sleep yes..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:29:45 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2011, 08:59:50 PM »
rcvd invitation for Angel & MzTing to attend 2nd Regional camp, and Angel to attend 2nd  Provincial camp.2 weeks to 0.0. and the Provincial meet.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2011, 10:42:18 PM »
coach didn't pick it how we wuk it out..Mzting was always in tuff, buh Lilman will take it hardest - against he bro in 4 events...Angel not happy for 800, Lilman could have medaled in 50 or 200 back...oh well, we still in development stage..Mzting was hoping for 50 breast...
Events(Prov.Ranking)
Angel : Free: 50(1),200(2),400(5),800(30) ; BK: 50(1) ,Fly: 50(1),Breast :50(1) 
Lilman : Free :50( 8 ), 200(11),400(10) ;Fly :  50(2),200(2) ;IM : 200(4), 400(4)
MzTing:Free: 50(14),100(9),200(11),400(41),1500(NR) ; Fly :50(23),100(44)

ah say "lilman, wha yuh think". He go into he Vince-Trini slap chop routine "AA Daiz U...yuh doh need no Knnni.."..ah say "Hold it right there, doh finish that"...Ah dun realize whey he was going..ah had to tell him stop 2wice, cause me doh wha mammy hear him finish the ad again, he stop but still smiling.....I dun hip, he just trying to get to the part "buh F... dat", as Vince pelt it over he shoulder....I born yesterday or wha  :devil:

add: 10 more days to meet, 13 days to TT
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:14:48 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2011, 08:04:30 AM »
What a hectic 3 weeks...Spent the week before the meet prep lilman for cuttail at the provincial final..telling him how just making the final is a big accomplishment la la la la...meanwhile Angel had to miss 2 days training  before the meet to get homework done, give he the speech about organization and preparation, as well as packing to fly out to TT the next day after the meet...
Well things end up considerably well..except my organization & preparation wasn't to good as I forget to pack meh camera  :( , but luckily mammy had he baby one, so we get some shots

MzTing, made 2 finals placing 5 th(100 fr) & 7 th (200 fr),but did not do well to good in other events 14th(50 fr,1500 fr); 25th (50 fly), 32 nd (100 fly), 38 th( 400 fr)..The positive was she achieved the National Age grp standard in the 100 fr with a time of 1:00.43...Everyone knows once she gets the technique she will go faster, the question is when ? She is so focused on trying to go fast, technique gets thrown out the water..we keep trying to reassure her, but I think she feels pressured by the successes of her brothers...

Lilman,ent say ah word, and ah thought ah mellow him to much, boy turn round and do 2 2nds (50 fly, 200 fly), 2 3rds( 200IM, 400 IM) , 7 th (200 fr), 8 th (50 fr) and only miss finals in 400 fr (11th). People say he is ah beast, as he did a National age group standard in 200 fly 2:28.52 and then little later did a bronze in 400 IM..all this and being the only 11 yr old in most of the finals...amazing...I feel like a damn fool giving him all the preparation to lose, but as Mammy say "yuh know that is wha make him win"...I play like ah was using the ole reverse psche in the first place, and that was that..

Angel come thru as expected 3 1st (50 fr,50 bk, 50 fly) 3 3rds(50 br,200 fr, 800 fr), 5th (400 fr)...He was actually lil disappointed he didn't get the 50 br as he a lot of confidence in his 50s'. Though he was quite pleased with himself, especially as he hold of 'we know who'' in the 50 fly (30.22 to 30.52). He only did one best time, but was close.

that done, it was a 2 hr drive back, go straight to bed, wake up and head to the airport for TT....needless to say by the time we reach & board in TO, all man buss.

tbc...TT Carnival....bbbooooyyyyeee

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »
TT trip blog, postponed..
notable good results at last weekend 1st Long course meet of season.
Angel: 27.37 50 free(broke own club rcd of 28.32) , 2:15.20 200 free (only 2nd place)
lilman : 30.28 50 fly(broke club record) (only 2nd place)
mzting: 28.88 50 free, 103.smth 100 free, 2.17:71 200 free (1 1st place)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:57:03 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2011, 07:43:24 PM »
Maxg,
           How come your daughter did not try out for the TT team?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2011, 10:32:56 AM »
Maxg,
           How come your daughter did not try out for the TT team?
All 3 would have made the Carifta, judging from selection meet times...and we were encouraged too submit their names. We (parents) decided to postpone that commitment, due to it was all happening to soon, and we as a family were not yet organized or prepared for such an endeavour. Will write up that trip shortly..it turned out to be quite hectic, but I will soon jot down the swim issues.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2011, 09:02:18 PM »
latest news : lilman , has been selected to represent Canada...one problem tha meet is in Mexico  :-\
    :nailbiting:

add: in the meanwhile,  :cheers: :wavetowel: :applause: :party:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:46:40 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>