March 28, 2024, 03:53:29 AM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164740 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2011, 09:43:07 AM »
Like the training lilman doing paying off, last night at the usual summer pool meet, I unofficially clocked him at 29.2.in fly. He won that and the back by half a pool, but this particular pool doesn't have any serious competition in their age group, their strength is in the u8,& u10. Ah say nice swim guy, he hit meh with singing  "practice,practice,practice". Doh shortly after they announced the winning scores, the other pool win, he wasn't to happy. Ah pointed out how we lost points cause our 8& u 's missed the fly, so we got no points at all..He said "awwwh" or " for sure" ... Couldn't have been " Fo..Sh..awwwh", nah..nah...is my imagination runnin wild dey.

Add: Mzting won free, 2nd fly 13-14, Angel won back & fly easily as well, however last week he lost the 50 breast, as he faced a top regional breast stroker, (no not me..lol) a year older than him, close race, but good loss and experience for him. Difficult to know official times, so will just check them at finals,IGSL.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:41:33 PM by maxg »

Offline DLGSportPsych

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »
Of course at a very young age it is important to keep training as enjoyable as possible for them so, I agree with you. Additionally if they are in the right environment as you claim, having the necessary resources to develop technically, physically and psychologically then they are very fortunate.

My response was simply 5 basic ways that many elite athletes globally improve their mental state in a competitive environment.

Congrats to lil man btw :)

Regards,
DLGSportPsych

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2011, 07:45:05 AM »
Thanks DLG.
On another note, Mzting after meh, to get her TT passport stuff organized, especially since she saw her buddy from Seahawks made the Goodwill team. Hear her nah, "dad, I could have busted a lime in TT and represent too." like TT is just down the road, round the corner by so. Anyway I assured her the renewal forms have been requested. Panique pas ma cherie.
6 days to Age group, 2 weeks to Mexico and we done for a WHOLE month...I dunno what ah go do with mehself

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »
Snr nationals on now, for those who like to watch, is 10 mins walk(30 with me) and nobody doh wha go, but at least they went practice.
http://www.swimcanweb.tv/

Age grp nationals next week, if it on, and the kids make finals, might ketch a glimpse, further updates to follow
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:34:30 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2011, 10:56:15 PM »
Psych sheet up..1st event for the kids 100 fly, Angel ranked 303 on 304, all ages. Mzting 239 on 255. Damn we didn't realize, though we didn't make the decision, but would have definitely tried to dissuade. Glad lilman decided not to go. Well, at least they will be in and out, and see how far they still have to go, and after that, they get to swim the real competitions that are seniors world swimmers..for now, not saying nothing, because, we'll be outta ah there in 5 minutes. :whistling:

Didn't check to see where they ranked in other events, but they could make finals in their best events with best swims for their age groups. Well we'll see. Good luck kids!

Add: kinda dotish by me dey, it's cause the boy have a no time, as he never did the 100 fly before
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:20:31 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »
Commendable performances in the 100 fly, only saw the last 10 m of each, as they were swimming almost sometime in different pools. Mzting placed 33rd in heat 3, drop 1 sec. 1:12.71. Angel placed 17 th in heat 1, established a time of 1:08.18. Great for a 1st time.
Tomorrow, 100 free. Mzting time to beat 1:01.50, Angel has a makeup time of 1:05.00, which he should beat easily, question is, would he do a good enuff time to make finals ? If he goes all out he can..we'll see.
Side note : 1700 registered swimmers(189 participating clubs represented) at this age group nationals. Our club has 11 swimmers entered.( between ages 12 & 14). Lilman and angel had a lil tiff, ah wonder Y ?  They went to swim in their local summer pool meet tonight, just for the fun....Finals of age group, broadcast at the link above starting 5:30 pm est.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2011, 01:56:04 PM »
I find not so good performances in the 100 free today, MrsG thinks they did quite well, Mzting came 17 th with 1:02.26, had she equalled her best time, she would be 9 th and in Final. Angel was 34 th with 1:01.38. He started tooo slow, and his normal strategy backfire. Normally he just swims to win his heat, and usually hei is in a later heat, but as the coaches made up a slow time, he was in a heat with 2 boys his age group with slower times, so just swimming fast enuff to beat them, was not fast enuff to be amongst the top boys. Afterwards, he realized he kinda could have pushed more...Mammy & the head coach, think it was a great time for a first time, I think a great time should be all out - period. I think however, it is a good wake up call for the 100 frees he will be doing next coming term. Mzting looked good, but time didn't reflect that. Then she announced she was crying before her heat, her best friend told her she and her family (3 sisters) will be switching clubs next year to the big club. Well, I wanted to cry too. That is 2 of our strongest free & flyers. Then ah wanted to cuss. That is part of our current potential record breaking relay team. So as we was walking back to the car, ah speed lilbit so ah would be alone, and let the cuss and dem out meh system....ah didn't want to put more of a damper on the situation. We discussed it as we headed home, and we were all in agreement, well dem just nod, " we will just have to buss that club tail, irregardless who swim for them" ... Mammy watch meh, say "uh hummn" and change the conversation...ah wasn't being insensitive, just practical....me thinking : But y she tell yuh that before the race ?...
Anyway, tomorrow is 50 free, hoping for best swims, no distractions, no drama, no emotion, who vex lorse, no tan-ta-daa, no stress, snooze, yuh lose...and all kinda motivating silence in between, like me doh care what we come, reverse pschy tra-la-la and tre-le-le.  :-* :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
Bacchanal for so...no one made finals for the 50 free, however Mzting did a best time 28.29 and end up in a swim-off for 1st reserve..meanwhile, Angel did 27.30, and first thing say, he hope he doh make finals, he tired..well that is when the trouble start...good thing mammy was on the next side ah the fence, better, good thing I was on that side too...but we know it eating him he didn't beat his time, as that what he usually does..not this time, so he kinda upset, and we not getting on, so he kinda looking for fight..then what make matters worse, results up, and he in for 2nd reserve ....then to add to he own personal woes, if he did best time he would have qualified 2nd, then positions 8 to 11 ( he listed as 12 th), in a swim off to determine who in final and who is 1st reserve , they did 27.26, ousting him by .04 sec....and the last straw, we didn't even mention, 3 of the boys in the swim off, he beat 2 weeks ago at provincials...Mr. Man say he not going back for no 2 nd reserve, sand it not fair we making him go...well good ting mammy was driving..that was the last straw for mammy...so all the way home, it was sportsmanship and man-up lesson happening, then buff, then some reasoning, then some more buff..then of course Mzting had to put in her 2 cents, and vex when she get buff too, and not 5 dollars change...well final breakdown, everybody going back, no discussion...Mammy: " if yuh didn't come with this, 'I hope I don't make finals chupid talk, well yuh get what yuh wish for, come go collect yuh prize"..I myself not going cause they going by public transport, due to M&M concert at same venue, and I can't handle the stairs with my leg and crutches... Mzting say, before she stop talking to me( she get buff for constantly interrupting mammy and Angel talk), she say Dad, tell Swima, I'm on Internet tv in the swim off, call all your friends,call granddad in Trinidad, tell everybody..ah say,Hyo, is a swim off for the bench...relax, do your best, next time, do better, make the final, I will make all the calls yuh want....."Dad, can I borrow your phone please, what's your friend Swima email address ?" ...dem kids today brave boy...

Anyway, she will be on the above link starting 5:15 or so...go George go

add: bet it eating him up now, he didn't tain with he brother brother when lilman asked him...good lesson
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:45:51 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »
Guess who talking to meh again ? " Did you post it dad?"

Heat 1

1 Vuong Megan 14 Mississauga Aquatic Club 28.29
2Mzting             14 C.N. Dollard-des-Ormeaux 28.29
 4 Ste. Marie Devin 17 Ajax Aquatic Club 27.22
 5 Missiuna Sharalynn 16 Oakville Aquatic Club 27.22
 7 Snell Julia 13 University of Manitoba Bisons 28.94
 8 Doyon Lydia 13 Pacific Sea Wolves Swim Club 28.94

update: she's out 2nd reserve. did 28.3something other girl did 27.5something
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:32:53 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2011, 08:31:19 PM »

« Reply #189 on: Today at 07:48:56 PM »
Quote  Modify  Remove
Yuh know we get a call while we boarding in Houston, lilman lost his passport on the way to Calgary , and they sending him back to Montreal... Mammy ask them to open the door, and gone, when we reach Mexico, she call and give us the story.. She met him in Montreal and wasn't happy
1. The group manager was supposed to be holding passports.
2. They gave him in TO , and missed picking up his only
3. He had nothing to eat since missing flight 10 am , and mammy collecting him at 6
4. Traveled Calgary, Montreal, via TO by himself ( ah think)

We hoping things are not so cut & dry, but right now, we not impressed.

She is trying to get some Emergency rush something with hopes of getting him to Mexico for the last 2 days, at our expense..meanwhile the 3 who didn't want to go Mexico to try and save some funds , in f@€£(^% Mexico, and who supposed to be in Mexico. Back home.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
They on their way, would miss 1st day, likely 100 bk, 100 fly...however, more importantly, how is he affected by this experience.. At least, he bro & sister having ah grand ole time. Don't understand the psychology why that pissing meh off more, but it is...yet, I know they are right, we dun here, might as well make the best of it... ah trying not to think of the cost of this trip, mommy flying back and getting him, added on another 3k to the credit card, ah guessing early retirement outta the question...have to sit-down with mammy, to hear what we learn from this lesson, cause ah not getting it, but she does always find a positive spin, even when she right, I find it still frigged-up, and hate relinquishing my opportunity to cuss or cuff somebody, but ah older and have a lot more control now  8)

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »
Dat is some tears bro. You have to let it go though. It is now up to everyone to make a strained situation positive and get something really great out of it.

Let me know how the facilities are down there nah. Want to know why latins only giving the north americans good treatment while when they hosting their own and the english speaking caribs, is a setta thrid world bullshit.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2011, 01:07:35 AM »
Dat is some tears bro. You have to let it go though. It is now up to everyone to make a strained situation positive and get something really great out of it.

Let me know how the facilities are down there nah. Want to know why latins only giving the north americans good treatment while when they hosting their own and the english speaking caribs, is a setta thrid world bullshit.
Well so far is rain,thunder & lightning, we haven't dealt with the swim ppl yet, except the Canada pre-arrival team manager, who tried to reassure us that lilman was in good hands, and make the best of our holiday...will keep you informed...i was so mad, ah tell everybody pray for rain, no lilman, no swimming, buh like we pray too hard, i know lilman supposed to stay with the team once he get in at a 5 star place, but that was arranged by swim canada..will let you know, whats what...however, up to now, it seems that most arrangements for the canada team, were made by the team admin, not dependent on the Mexico swim federation, including transportation, etc..I imagine once lilman come in, we will get some idea, though we were not allowed to stay in the same hotel.

Mzting missing her bro, and start to come up with all kinda conspiracy theories, so ah tone meself down to avoid creating a monster, and have the other 2 kids reading to much negativity..if this thunder and lightening doh stop, a think the whole trip would be money up in smoke...ah woulda rather go TT...damn, ok, scratch dat

Ps: lilman hooked up with Tariq in Mtl, and they were chatting like dem know each other long time. It was quite nice...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 05, 2011, 11:43:18 PM »
Man-building experience for lilman so far. Swima you were absolutely correct about the swim facilities. It's like they decided to build a nice 50 metro pool in a park, Upper belle eau road, and run out of money to finish the support facilities. Difficult to get to, no supporting infrastructure. Swimmers shared some mini tents in an unfinished stand, which were mostly utilized by the larger American contingents, and the older Canadian kids. Lilman and other younger Canadian kids, sat in the sun for most of the meet, meanwhile on the other side of the pool, there were similar mini tents which were utilized by the coaching staffs. Spectators and parents shared another tent, but as the stands were incomplete , seating on the dusty & dirty concrete was limited, if you sat underneath, vision was limited. So we sat in the sun too, between the heat, humidity and Montezuma, I had to desert the ship, after 2 hrs and left mammy to fly the flag. After what seemed like about 2 hrs, could have been 1, lilman did 200 back, started off to slow, but was looking good, almost too smooth for him, - figured , must have been his training, however, when came time to speed up, nothing...ah say to mammy, that's not like him..sure nuff, he didn't beat his time, added 3 secs, and didn't make finals...then we realized, to make finals, you have to beat your teammates, irregardless of your time, thus basically, the 2 top from each team move on...well the 2 boys chosen for back both beat him by about a second, leaving him as a 1st reserve. He was not happy, and I felt it for him..but why did he not go? I couldn't immediately ask, cause we were not allowed much interaction with them...
Mammy walked by and try to tell him and Tariq, to get out the sun & drink lotsa water..
1 hr later, she tried to tell them again

2hrs later, seemed like 4, 200 fly,

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2011, 12:01:32 AM »
Well, lilman looked like he could only make 150, I never see him struggle so that last 50, managed to qualify as the fastest Canadian, though he added 5 sec, and his bud Tariq qualified as well, and though he looked strong, added time as well...Lilman however, looked quite disappointed, as besides adding time, he only qualified 6 th.
Ah tell mammy, is a good thing he didn't get in the back, cause it look like he suffering. This time we went boldface to check him, he was not happy, but he say he all right...ah say ok, well go get your things together...he start asking he mudda, why is Dad yelling at me ? Well both ah we look at each other, and realize he just de upset,and trying to get a reason to explain his 'on the way' tears..so I walked away, and after a few minutes, went back, gave him a quick hug, hi-five, and told him get something to eat... As we were leaving, Tariq said to us, "Doh worry, ah go make sure he get some rest", - Ah say whey boy, yuh could see Tariq handle this stress ahready, and he know the scenes better than we..Was quietly glad they hooked up..
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:31:24 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »
I should mention, irregardless of everything else, the Mexican people and staff, were quite nice and helpful. It was especially appreciated with our situation at the airport.
In the 200 fly final, Lilman went 2secs faster , 2:27.63, remaining at 6th, and although it was still 3 secs slower than his best time, definitely looked stronger at the end. However, his bud Tariq, looked just as good as the morning session, but added 3 secs ( 2:43.22. 8th). We all thinks it the heat & humidity is the factor, and keep telling them, get out of the sun...

In today's prelims, lilman did a best time in the 50 free ( didn't think he was doing it), 27.87, qualifying 3 rd and the 2nd fastest Canadian. The 1st boy is the other Bro on the team, he did 26.58.- his Mom was born in Jamaica, and represented Canada in track - 400 relay at the Olmpics. He is still a pure very fast sprinter, already won the 100 fly, 2nd in 100 free. Anchors the winning A team relays.

Lilman and Tariq also made finals in 200 Im. Tariq 2:30.smth, lilman 2:33.smth..lil disappointed though, lilman added 3 secs, was especially slow in the back..Mammy couldn't take it, she tell lilman, she want to see the old back, he say when he was doing training, the coach said this back is better and to pace himself...Mammy tell him, your old back was faster, bring it back..he didn't look convinced...will see which surfaces this evening.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »
Lilman did a best time 27.39 in the 50, the boy swim like a beast, and was still only good for 4 th...1st went to his teammate as expected, 26.70, then 2 boys from Cali, 27.15, 27.19, then lilman. We gave him all kinda thumbs up, and big up, but yuh could see doh he was happy, the satisfaction wasn't there... Even angel & Mzting was shocked, not only at his time, but no metal as well..Later mammy said, Angel asked all serious, "What do I have to do to swim at this meet?" Mammy tell him work hard, and beat all 14 year old by next March..he nod, and went back to the Nintendo...hmmmn, revenge or glory ?

Lilman & Tariq, came 6 th & 7 th respectively, lilman brought back the old back stroke, but died in the breast, Tariq had a great breast, but had fallen 2sec behind in fly, ended with 2:31.86, and 2.32.67...Mexico 1,2, with 2.23 & 2.25...lilman best time 2.24 would have had him in the medals, but wasn't to be..by then however he was under the impression he didn't work hard enuff, and though we reassured him he did, and to many factors may have contributed, he wasn't very cheery..
Drive is good, but we have seen to many kids burn out, and quit, thus we have to continually manage this with him..

They should be resting now, however, since last year they had ask mammy to register them all in that swim camp they did then & claimed they had fun, although found tiring,..which started today for 5 days, followed by summer pool semis & finals, and then finally 2 weeks break before they start up the new season.....Officially, last year done..have to take ah drink for that..   :wavetowel: :cheers:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2011, 08:58:31 PM »
Today, at our Regional Summer pool finals, saw some amazing swims, and I left the video camera home..cheups

This was where it all started, 4 years ago, because lilman, who did not make our summer pool rep team, was asked to swim the 8 & u backstroke, cause the chosen boy was not well or something..we said, " but he has never swum a backstroke race" , they said " it ok, as long as he finishes we get points"

Lilman went and finished 1st in that Section finals, going on to place 2 nd in the Regional finals.

De year before dat de boys had tried out for de top team in de area an get blank. Dey did tell dem go an do more lessons an come back nex year.  Dey did do de once a week ting for de year, was a little stronger but wasn't sure dey was up to scratch.
So dis time when dey wanted to try again, not to have them heart broken - it had crying the year before - we drove the extra 10 minutes to a smaller club, especially as we heard, 'they does take everybody'..and ppl here have read there story here since...

Today,  Lilman smashed the all time regional 11-12 50 m short course records for Free ( previous.28.00) doing 26.50, and Fly (previous.30.06) doing 28.83
Angel won the back & fly, in the 13 -14 age grp, as a 13 yr old, achieving top 10 best times ever, with 30.53 & 28.41 respectively.
And Mzting, also achieved top ten ever status, with a 1st in Free, with 28.27 and 2nd in Fly with 30.65.

We all thank And praise God for the blessings, even though we will miss church tomorrow (lilman has regional basketball finals, Angel has intercity house league all-star football finals, mammy working). However, allow me lord on behal of the family, to thank you God for letting me see these sporting achievements by my kids, with my living eyes. I will be soon speaking to you further concerning the start of the coming school year (everybody in high school), and the new swim year.

Also thanks for the ppl who supported us, and cheered me up, when I got fedup driving, who calmed me, went I wanted to cuss, and who fed me, like that lady today, when I couldn't get up to get something to eat, cause my knees we hurting to much..ps. Lord, yuh know if she was a real Quebecer, she woulda have ah beer to wash everything down, but next time nah! Just kicking boss..thanks to everyone, who has given us encouragement, and backings. Hope you all enjoyed this blog/diary, probably won't write as much anymore...And a personal thanks to mrsG for being who she is, and helping us be, where we are

Till next year everyone...that's like...hmmnnn..3 weeks...

tbc
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:39:43 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2011, 10:38:32 AM »
Training start back 2 weeks now...Lilman(11-12) & Angel(13-14) both selected to the Provincial prospect team..Mzting is now a senior....training just increased by almost 2/7 th..also swim meets seperate for snrs...so boys will be swimming provincials (P2s), Mzting doing Provincial cup (Nationals), 1st within province, 2nd in TO....so far evrybody holding up...1st set of meets for all, wkend of 29th....then the bachanal might start.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2011, 07:56:30 PM »
any chance you guys out my way this coming season?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »
Jumbie, for real, Mzting might be selected to represent the club at the Canada cup, 25-27 Nov in TO.  Will  let yuh know for sure, once they pick team.not sure if the whole family will make the run, cause ah school for d boys an ting...buh I dun book a couple days for that..so if yuh wha check the swimming, we could do that, buh i always wiling to take the opportunity to practice my sport, every chance I get...doh MrsG say I to old , & they doh have no trophy for "limin" , so "enuff ah dat s..t talk ahready"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 23, 2011, 03:11:53 PM »
Boys had a Provincial prospects camp. Friday 4pm to 7 pm. Saturday 6am to 5 pm...Saturday morning when mammy tried to wake up the boys 4:45..They both mumble, nah shout out, cause I hear them from my room, between sleep and wake," that's it, we quit, leave us alone"..meanwhile,I in bed too, I pull a pillow over meh head, so ah won't get tie up with mammy voice, and the screaming & shouting ah know soon to follow..vaguely heard something, but was soon off in lala land..when they returned home in the evening, they say they had fun and learned a few things, and made a few friends...

Next weekend Meet 1.. The format has changed this year..and the boys group is now 1998,1999, & 2000. So Lilman would be going up against his brother as well as the other older boys from last year again, but I think this is only for club meets. i think for provicials it will be 1999-2000, 1997-1998...anyhow, next weekend, they will be facing each other in 4 of 6 events, besides the other contenders. Lilman has been training with a lot of intensity, while Angel has done school team football, joined x-country running team (came 5 th, and was supposed to go provincials, but couldn't, as he had the swim camp...wasn't happy..claims swimming is starting to get in the way of a good time)...says we are making him do something he not having fun at. Joined debating club, today he volunteer to go to do some community service at a church, feeding the homeless..is like he trying to focus on everything but swimming, yet he still went 4 of the 5 practices each week, even if he didn't push himself much...meanwhile lilman training like a beast..all out..not missing none, his only other activity being he joined a kung fu class once a week....Hyo..Wait ah minute...hmmmnnn...nah man, can't be going there.
Anyway

Angel '98 :  200m Medley 2:29.71 S;  200m Freestyle 2:12.75 S; 50m Freestyle 26.77 S; 50m Fly 28.60 L; 20 200m Backstroke 2:32.61 L; 50m Backstroke 31.52 S
lilman '99 : 200m Medley 2:30.78 L ; 200m Freestyle 2:16.56 S ; 50m Freestyle 28.57 L ; 200m Breaststroke 3:15.66 ;200m Backstroke 2:31.84 L ; 50m Fly 29.09

Mzting in a different meet 'Provincial cup', doing 50,100,200 & 400 free .

and we begin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:16:22 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2011, 10:34:14 PM »

Rank   Swimmer       Age      Event   Gender   Age Gr   Seed Time   Final Time      
1   Angel      13   50 Butterfly   M   11-13     28.60                29.00
2   Angel      13   50 Freestyle   M   11-13   26.77      26.90      
2   Angel      13   200 Freestyle   M   11-13   2:12.75      2:11.06      
2   Angel      13   50 Backstroke   M   11-13   31.52      32.08      
2   Angel      13   200 I Medley   M   11-13   2:29.71      2:28.00      
3   Angel      13   200 Backstroke   M   11-13   2:32.61      2:29.93      
1   Lilman      12   50 Freestyle   M   11-13   28.57      26.59      
1   Lilman      12   200 Freestyle   M   11-13   2:16.56      2:10.12      
1   Lilman      12   200 Backstroke   M   11-13   2:31.84      2:25.39      
1   Lilman      12   200 I Medley   M   11-13   2:30.78      2:24.75      
2   Lilman      12   200 Breaststroke   M   11-13   3:15.66      2:55.21      
2   Lilman      12   50 Butterfly   M   11-13   29.09      29.03   

Rank   Swimmer    Event       GenderAge Group   Seed Time   Final Time      
15    Mzting   50 Freestyle     F   12-17   28.29      29.72      
17    Mzting   100 Freestyle   F   12-17   1:01.50      1:02.74      
25   Mzting   200 Freestyle   F   12-17   2:14.55      2:22.56      
30   Mzting   100 Butterfly   F   12-17   1:12.71      1:15.96   

Mzting was a little disappointed....trying to deal with it
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:42:11 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »
ah doh know if is the Fall blues, buh everybody kinda down this week...lilman saying he not going no swim camp over no holidays, from now to next year..Angel only pining he wha player indoor football, he wha play intercity...only Mzting seem to get a 2nd spring..she did well in some school projects, and she and the coach had ah talk and she struting round the place with she tail up and fluffy....she hit up the boys with, "if you guys think you're miserable now, wait til you start losing"...Well, the Angel  :angel: =>  :devil: and nearly cuss she, buh as mammy an me was around he just boil down to ah  :pissedoff:

She's doing a sprint meet this weekend, 4 or 5 events 1 afternoon..hope she stays upbeat after.
 100m Freestyle 1:00.43 S / 50m Freestyle 28.22 S /  50m Fly 32.36 S 17 100m Fly 1:12.00 / 100mMedley 1:13.00

ps: she ask meh to mount he school project for a short while , hope ppl doh mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS_bmLEM9ww
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:14:37 PM by maxg »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Carter breaks record at swim meet
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2011, 11:23:59 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/11/10/carter-breaks-record-swim-meet

Carter breaks record at swim meet
Published: Thu, 2011-11-10 18:57

National swimmer and Fatima College student Dylan Carter, broke two meet records at the Beacon Insurance Secondary Schools’ Swim Meet at the Centre of Excellence in Macoya on Sunday. Carter easily led his school to victory, amassing more individual points (50.5) than any other competitor on the day. The meet saw more than 500 participants compete from over 50 schools across the country.

Carter earned himself the honour of being named the top male competitive performer, breaking records in the 13-14 competitive boys’ 50m backstroke (26.88) and freestyle (24.01) events. He also won the 50m butterfly event in his age group.

Other top honours were awarded to Maya Cozier of Holy Name Convent (top non-competitive female performer, 33 points), Kegan Ellis of Presentation Boys’ College, San Fernando (top non-competitive male performer, 34 points), and Jewel Mulrain of St George’s College (top competitive female performer, 34 points).

There were two additional record breaking swims on the day. The first came from national swimmer and St. Mary’s College student, Jonathan Cabral, in the 15 years & over competitive boys’ 50m breaststroke (30.55) and from Fatima College student, James Pantin, in the 13-14 non-competitive boys’ 25m freestyle event (12.57).

At the end of the meet, Fatima College emerged as male champions, St Joseph’s Convent Port of Spain were the female champions, an taking the co-ed division title was St George’s College.

Individual winners:

12& Under Girls – Non-competitive

1. Arianne Baptiste-St. Joseph’s Convent, St Joseph

2. Renee Stodda. Providence Girls’

3. Regyna Marie Joab-St. Joseph’s Convent, St Joseph

12&Under Boys – Non-competitive

1. Adam Alexis-Fatima College

2. Daniel We.Fatima College

3. Icaro Ramos-Fatima College

13-14 Girls - Non-competitive

1. Rejanna Wallace-Scarborough Secondary School

2. Todah Joy De Matas – St. Joseph’s Convent, St. Joseph

3. Jamarah Sutherland, St. Joseph’s Convent, San Fernando

13-14 Boys – Non-competitive

1. Jonathan Owen – Trinity College East

2. (tie) Darion Dennis – St. George’s College Bradley Thomas-Bishop’s High School Tobago

15&over Girls – Non-competitive

1. Maya Cozier – Holy Name Convent

2. Danae Johnson – St Joseph’s Convent, St Joseph

3. Whitney McKenzie – St. Joseph’s Convent, Port of Spain

15&over Boys – Non-competitive

1. Kegan Ellis-Presentation Boys’ College, San Fernando

2. Akil Baptiste - St. Anthony’s College

3. (tie) Mikail Ellis – Presentation Boys’ College, San Fernando, Shane Corbie – Fatima College

12&Under Girls Competitive

1. Jewel Mulrain – St George’s College

2. Shania David – St Augustine Girls’ High School

3. Arielle Downes – St Joseph’s Convent, St Joseph

12&Under Boys Competitive

1. Aaron Acres – Trinity College East

2. Derelle Prescott – Point Fortin East Secondary

3. Kyle Caracciolo – St. Mary’s College

13-14 Girls – Competitive

1. Kristin Julien –St. Stephen’s College

2. Bryanna Duncan – Bishop’s Anstey High School East

3. Rebekah Mendoza – Holy Faith Convent, Penal

13-14 Boys Competitive

1. Dylan Carter – Fatima College

2. Jeron O’Brien – Hillview College

3. Christopher Greene – Southern Community College

15&Over Girls Competitive

1. Jenique Duval - Holy Name Convent

2. Marie Marcano – Bishops’ Anstey High School East

3. Dayna Gillette-St. Joseph’s Convent, Port of Spain

15&Over Boys Competitive

1. Jonathan Cabral-St. Mary’s College

2. Joshua Romany – Fatima College

3. Jonathan Gillette – St. Mary’s College

School awards:

Best Central School – St. Georges College Best East School – St Joseph’s Convent, St Joseph

Best North School – Fatima College

Best South School – Presentation Boys’ College, San Fernando Best Tobago School – Bishops High School Tobago Best Non-Competitive Girls’ Team – St Joseph’s Convent, St Joseph Best Competitive Girls’ Team – St. Augustine Girls’ High School

Best Non-Competitive Boys’ Team- Fatima College Best Competitive Boys’ Team – St. Mary’s College

Overall School Winners

(Competitive and Non-competitive teams combined)

Girls

1. St Joseph's Convent, Port of Spain - 210 points

2. St Joseph’s Convent, St. Joseph - 203 points

3. Holy Name Convent - 156.50 points

Co-ed

1. St. George’s College - 120 points

2. Bishops High School Tobago - 84 points

3. St Augustine Secondary School - 55 points

Boys

1. Fatima College - 339 points

2. St Mary’s College - 273.5 points

3. Presentation Boys’ College, San Fernando - 176.5 point
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2011, 11:40:29 PM »
Up till last month lilman was ranked #1 in Canada in 5 events. Last weekend he was moved past in 3.

Last night as I get home he ask " Dad, what can I get you for Christmas". Ah say, "hmnn, I really don't know..how bout what mammy suggest, how bout a pair of socks, and maybe moms might like ah pair too"

Hear him, " How bout a Canadian record, and i'll get mom one too"

Ah watch him, he watch meh..ah say, enuff guy.."yuh cyah be going round talking so, just swim yuh best, I'll be happy with that, mom as well", "man, yuh have to cool it with this setta fat talk"... He say, "dad, mom said they give money for provincial & Canadian records. Mzting thing say she get 40 dollars, when her relay team, broke the provincial. Dad,( ah hate when, he lecture meh so), the way I figure it, I could break a few, provincial & national, buy you and mammy your socks, and still have some to get the new PS vita . "

Well I say, " right. Yuh have money now ?" He say "Yeah Oui" ( he get dem words from he mudda)... Ah look at the angel - who would be swimming against him in 2 events, he shake he head quiet, quiet."no,no,no"... Ah cheupes...as ask him, how much...he say 39.99...then ah see the setup, he looking for more money to buy games...

Ah clam down, ah say look, it's not good to count your chickens before they hatch..and ah explain, how he could get into a lot of trouble doing that sort of thing etc..etc...I prefer you approach yuh school work with that kind of commitment, blah blah...how ah don't want him stressing over stuff like that..how these things stressing me, and ah doh want him to be disappointed. Etc.etc.blah.blah...he say he understand, Sorry, he wouldn't talk like that again... Then he hit meh, " So dad, which record you would like me to get for you, if I get one ?"  :banginghead:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:42:19 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2011, 12:20:22 AM »
 Meet next weekend.. Boys swimming 11-13 new this year..Mzting swimming 15 & up...
I nervous as hell, the provinciallyranked #1  13  yr old boy will be there, and the 12 yr old who passed lilman in the fly.
Angel 1st multiple 100 m sc meet
Mzting will most likely get a confidence beat down, hopefully she will do best times, she hasn't seen some of those since 2010, and she is seeing her dream of repping TT, slowly sink in the deep end..poor thing. Will have to think of something to prone her up witho.... cyah go wrong with food at a fancy restaurant but that will not really be practical...maybe ah could get some help & have her talk to...who boy...Ah wonder if ah could reach, AB or Swima or  maybe hmmnnn go wait an see the damage yes..

Angel  98 : 4 100m Backstroke 1:15.00 ; 20 200m Backstroke 2:29.93 S; 6  50m Freestyle 26.77 S
30 200m Freestyle 2:11.06 S; 8 100m Freestyle 1:01.38 L ; 100m Breaststroke 1:19.00 ; 50m Breaststroke 36.02 S

Lilman  99 :  200m Fly 2:24.80 L ;22  50m Fly 29.03 S; 6  50m Freestyle 26.59 S ; 200m Freestyle 2:10.12 S ;12 400m Medley 5:24.27 S 38 200m Medley 2:24.75 S 18 200m Breaststroke 2:55.21 S

Mzting. 96 : 7 100m Freestyle 1:00.43 S 23 400m Freestyle 5:02.59 S 15  50m Freestyle 28.22 S 29 200m Freestyle 2:11.72 S 21  50m Fly 31.10 L

add: Tough day 1 for the boys, this meet has morning heats, evening finals...lilman always go all out, hope he don't burn out in the morning, he did a similar day last fall, and came back in afternoon stronger....he say "we will see if I still got it"   ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:36:50 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2011, 12:46:09 AM »
We in for a ride. I thought it was just teams from in province, but there are clubs from Ont, NB, NS...and they brought their A teams...the boys going in ranked little lower than expected...medals maybe hard to come by...Mzting especially will ketch he'll to make a final...

Look like it will be nice..mixed age heats..Hope lilman doh bust nutten trying to fight up with the older boys..he does cyah help heself doh

Also found out that angel events changed..and now doing 400 IM as well, not a happy camper

Result board

http://splash.ville.pointe-claire.qc.ca:8082/P2/index.html
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:12:59 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
Folks Lilman broke the provincial & Canadian records in the 200 fly this evening, though placing a close 2nd to the #1 13 yr old in the province.

The new Canadian record 12 & U is now 2:16.45..He also went #1 12 & U in 50 free with 26.17 beating out his brother(26.20), just missing the prov rec. 26.04 - he has till March.

Also went #1 in 400 IM with 5:03.35, though placing 2nd to same 13 yr old..

Will post the 200 fly record swim monday.

Mzting didn't not have a good swim in 100 free, placing 21 st. 1:02.02..Not feeling well.

See link above for other results..

Oh. Angel, in the 50 breast final, came out the 'pullout' and stopped cold...then started going again, came in last . "Wham dey man".."sorry dad, I did 3 butterfly kicks, and felt I should be disqualified"....Yuh think the boy is ah Angel in joke  :D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2011, 03:33:41 AM »
Congratulations.

1]; } ?>