April 18, 2024, 02:20:53 AM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 166371 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2012, 12:55:28 PM »
We summer pool competition, cyah ketch a break, is licks 3 meets straight now..our kids winning, lilman been doing fly & back, angel, breast & free, so they don't have to clash, no problems, Mzting been doing a decent 2nd in free & fly, no best times by anybody, but where we losing it is in 8u & 12 u...looks like we might be going down to B group next year...lilman not digging that at all, no matter how ah say is no big deal..is like he trying to work out a math problem how he could make the lil ones faster..

Angel join Mzting at track training and that going good, but he football team, get 7 -1 last game, main Goalie gone away for vacation, so Doh he played hard, and probably had his best game as the stopper, he couldn't stop the rain, from that town., plus the 4-1 last week, everybody getting good lessons in humility.

Plus the coach for the provincial games team, tell him he not fast enuff to do the events he actually qualify for - it's 16 & u he has to race, an he's 14, so he putting him in off events like 200 fly - NB. This going to be he club coach next year..so the boy getting grouchy & don't want to train, rather go he Bronze cross lessons...eh heh, Mammy say "Not ah shite ah dat, if yuh Doh go d swim practice, no football tournament this weekend"
3 pointer dey for mammy, yes
This evening the regional team have a BBQ after the swim practice with the coach, so he might get an opportunity to convince the coach to let him do the sprints, ah tell him go for it...I know if the coach let him do it, he will probably do some wicked times, he have a lot of pride that one...

Mzting get her report card and found out she passed everything, one of the major issues she was stressed with the swimming intensity etc..very relieved now..

Yup, humility lessons this summer, no matter how good yuh feel yuh is, there is always someone/someteam/ some issue that could make things difficult..such is life, not always smooth sailing, and easy times....I just does just try to let them know, is not about win or loose doh?.is about how yuh deal with the rough patches

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
Summer pool Section finals this wknd - Regional next wknd..I know in this Olympic season, plenty ppl wouldn't care..but check this...everybody yuh see in the Olympics now, most likely committed more than 8 years before and before they turned 15.
Ladies & Gentlemen, after watching the Men's Fly, Lilman has committed. He says he want to go Rio for the experience and the next one for MEDAL...and here this, he call up a coach, and start training the next day...Cost : ah extra $135 a week....buh they way lilman does move, I figuring if he busy trying to reach dey, and manage to just swim the straight & narrow....priceless

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 30, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »
At Summer Finals SC - ok times by all...
50free :MzTing 4th 15 & Over - 29.09 , Angel 1st 13-14- 26.18
50 breast : Angel 4th 13-14 - 35.40
50 back: lilman 1st 13-14 - 30.13
50 Fly : Lilman 1st  13-14 - 27.78

Lilman 200 fly at provincials 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESH9tKJbnQ0&list=UUVR6bk_I4Z7wImfWB-vg_BA&index=1&feature=plcp

Next year, new club starts in 3 weeks..for now,we getting school & work schedules in order..MzTing trying to do Indoor Track & swimming..ah say yuh coud manage all that ? She ask meh if I fix the TT passport thing yet..ah say, ah working on it.. ah say so yuh sure yuh really want to represent TT..she say "But of course, I don't know it, but Federation park sounds NIce "  :-\ :-[ ::) :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »
Little bit a pressure..day1 of new club start yesterday- Dry Land drills.

Lilman not comfortable at all..as expected. Angel saying no problem...Mzting confessing to mammy that the Head coach could be sometimes rough, and she told lilman that....we lil nervous..hmmnnn

Then to add to that..the boys were supposed to go in the Age groupr lvl group, because of their age, and the coach of that group happen to be handling registration, so he put them there. But the Head coach, move them to the Elite group...ahh, part of lilman nervousness.. and Head coach apparently told the board, that the reason we come to that club is to work with him....Really ? Well mammy not digging this behind the scenes pulling and tugging at all...plus Lilman had worked with the Age group level coach for a few private sessions and like his approach, especially after after Mzting drop the inside info on him, he start complaining how he won't have no friends with these snrs, and won't have no fun, and ...aand.... all kinda skating.. so I had a sitdown and talk this morning, and say hyo, yuh going to swim/train,like school, like life, yuh doh have to be coach fren or enemy etc etc socialize outside of that, just work on learning etc.. Boom mammy get email from Age Grp coach saying training cancelled this evening FOR his grp, and he notifying us, in case, we decided we want to work with him this week..etc..Mammy say enuff  :timeout: ...we have to have a meeting with the 2 coaches and put an end to this discomfort, we all experiencing, cause the kids dun un-comfortable ahready...Mammy doh make joke with them thing..no politriks...not sure how all this going to play out..Dang, i thought we just convince the kids to switch and that would be it...but naahhhh setta :worried: and  :duel:
 Hope we doh make no frenenemy nah..ah eh able

Swima, this kinda thing normal, nothing to worry about ? or is it cause the Head coach inexperienced and maybe could have organized this uncertain time/move better, or normal internal club issue etc...
I guess in football, if yuh have a U14 who good enuff to play with the snr group, which coach should be responsible for his development ? Things must be considered besides ability, Is the individual ready to mentally play/train at a higher level with young adults, even if physically able ? etc...ah mean, i think it depends on the kid, but still, it's a big jump..I not sure what is best.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:30:22 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 04, 2012, 02:35:13 PM »
Spoke to coaches. Training schedules arranged. mutual understanding met. We in regular temperature water. Intra club meet next weekend.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2012, 02:03:38 PM »
more bachanal,yes..Board suspend head coach...meeting called by Elite team parents with board this evening.

add: Only the president show...Elite Parents mad..looking at alternatives...many , including us, thinking about moving to a smaller club.

add: heard the president quit..Head coach say he will be back, and with ammo to defend heself...he also mentioned a slight part of the problem may have been disagreements with his putting Lilman & angel in his group, and that vexed Age group coach wanting at least Lilman..if we is the problem, i ready to roll out..mammy done contact next small club (further distance, that coach say come thru Sunday irregardless of what ), he was quite familiar with lilman results, not so much the other 2....hmmmnnn ? Dang, I hope the Head Coach come back Monday and nothing too negative breaks out, doh we know it won't go away..to much, to soon...meanwhile, IntraClub small meet still on tomorrow & Saturday...Hope everyone (as well as all the Elite swimmers) does well, given all this turmoil

add: bachanal time in full effect...we have been in contact with 3 clubs, depending on how things go down this evening, when the head coach supposed to be back. Even the big club is saying they will make some concessions and leeway for us, but if it is the possible coach they might get, we fraid, hear he overpush to much. Not sure what to do, or where to go at this point. seeking advice from the coach who worked with lilman for his pre-mexico trip. Depending on todays meeting, we plan this week to go to the furthest club to see how the logistics would work, next week we will try the big club, which is closest. Eveyone has been welcoming...meanwhile in the intra club meet over the wknd, Lilman broke the club 50 fly (27.58) for 13-14, in this is 1st meet in that category.Too bad, he would have had almost 2 yrs to lower that mark..Angel was 2nd in 28.07....their 50 free wasn't as hot doh..Angel 1st in 26.52, and Lilman 3rd in 26.73, almost a full second of their best.is ok, 1st meet...Lilman seem to be the individ. all these clubs seem to be most interested in, but we not sleeping on the other 2. I hope the Lord help us, and bless us, in making the right decision.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:20:06 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2012, 01:16:47 PM »
Coach fired. We(along with a couple elite swimmers) have resigned from the club. We are in the process of trying out/ finding a new club. Looks like we will be missing a few meets. Hope the kids are not to affected. We all agreed that no way we were gonna stay at a club with issues, especially with backstabbing and how things went down. Not sure though it is the best or right decision. However, it was a family decision. Only Lilman it seems would not have mind staying.

This week we are trying out a little club furthest away. See how the travelling and effects on homework time etc...goes. Next week we will try the big club only 5 minutes away. We have spoken to a coach there and she said, she is sure they will make some concessions to have us.

Right now, we liking the small club,and it's staff, but will it be enough to drive the kids, the boys especially to the highest level attainable. we don't know...Things was going to good, but we not giving up.   :frustrated: 

ps: Congrats to Mr. Bovell and T &T. This sport not easy at all.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:23:23 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 23, 2012, 10:16:47 AM »
we are now members of the new small club. The kids didn't want to go to the big club tryout, they kinda bonded with the kids in the small club, that week of the tryout, and didn't want to go through the whole rigmarole again..
then we found they were registered for big meet this wekend under their old club, the new club called, and kept them in, but they have to swim unattached for 2 months...
At first they were always looking forward to this meet..Halloween..costumes, fun...and a lot of competition..however, with all that transpired over the last few weeks, they seem a little nervous, and claim they didn't want to do it anymore...and though we were and still are quite nervous ourselves, we managed to convince them to just go and have fun..don't worry about performance or time or nothing..just try to have fun with their old friends...as everyone will be there..1st 2nd & 3 rd club, as well as big club, that was laying carpet out for us...but we are all still uneasy...hope they don't sieze up..this new club don't do as much meets, but they do go to the big ones...so hopefully by early next year, everyone will be settled..Mzting decided she just not ready, so she don't want to go. 
I have to thank Mammy for making this tough decision, cause I couldn't...and as she pointed out...Swimming is real good for us, but it's not the only thing in life...so let's all just relax and enjoy it.

so here we go again
Short course. Time finals.. add: both boys 13-14.  Wish us luck & fun. 1st time lilman doing 100s'

http://www.camonatation.org/resultats/Halloween2012/index_us.html
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:30:27 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 01, 2012, 07:17:20 AM »
Man I really liking this New Aquatic/Community centre(new club) we at. Find it to be well equiped & designed. Swima for our info, I will try to find out cost & post pic etc. Meanwhile, yesterday, the kids did a short set workout, never see them work so hard.Afterwards, they said they felt like they were actually training.

research fyi: Place cost 18 Mill Can. (nah dey lie)
man how they do all this for 18 M(see pdf below), 3 pools & a full indoor BBall gym too, with spectator seating...Swima I going and interview the Mayor(one of the youngest and progressive on the island), I want to know exactly who was the contractor. Btw the Mayor was a swimmer too.

http://gjnashen.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/cote-saint-luc-unveils-new-aquatic-and-community-centre-on-sunday-august-28-2011/

http://www.cotesaintluc.org/files/u1/publications/CSL_Aquatics_In_Cote_Saint_Luc-2011-08-EN.pdf

other initiatives
http://gjnashen.wordpress.com/tag/anthony-housefather/

add: so let's say 20 Mill (non winterized, but Caribbeanized)= 100 Mill TT (+ maybe incidentals (600 Mill TT) = eyes wide open watching allyuh
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:31:01 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2012, 06:48:23 AM »
Sounding good. Send me a job app!
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
Swima..I forgot to mention...The coach & asst coaches still compete. Check the last meet above. They are 25, 30 & 41 yrs young. The Guys did 2nd & 17th in 50 free respectively, did 3 events each.
I suspect, he will want throw yuh in pool too. Sure you still have a little something something. However, if yuh willing to come thru, I could definitely talk yuh up. Let meh know. Except for the Cold- swimming time, 8 mths a year, ah sure yuh will like it here. The man seem to be a equal opportunity employer..the 8 an under coach is a bro, I was shocked to see him there, cause he used to coach water polo at our old club, the 9-10 coach, she used to coach Syncho, the 11 & up coach, is a kiniesiologist, the asst head Coach, from Russia, went last 2 Olympics ,and he. Must have room for you .

Lord, I hoping this nice bubble doh burst, but as he wills.

add: ah hear the money not especially great and non-head coaches usually have to have some other job. Thus depends on what the individual wants, usually it's for the experience..You can keep an eye out here...We at CSLA. This head coach used to be Head coach masters at the Y.
http://www.fnq.qc.ca/index1.asp?id=594

ps: I know U joking, u in coming in no blasted cold for nutten   ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:53:15 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2012, 09:13:14 AM »
The boys have recieved formal letters from Swim Canada(and FNQ) inviting them and their coach to be part of a development team at the National Training centre (Olympic Stadium), in preparation for the 2016 & 2020 Olympics.....further details to follow...

we getting into scary unknown waters...Especially since just last night, Angel saying he fed up swimming. Mammy point out, he training half as much days (and no mornings) as kids at the other major swim clubs, and he reach this far, so how much is to little to not be fed up.

We think he just tired, it's probably the first time, he actually training and the amount of other school activities, actually catching up with him.
Besides maintaining his above average Honour roll status, he on Volleyball team, debating club, art club, choir, Community service program,track club, some classical language club, and bout 2 more I can't remember...We warned him, but that, but no he want to do everything..we didn't stop him, cause I'm sure if we did, it would of been "oh, I can't do anything I want, U guys just make me swim, swim swim."..so Mammy say she tell him, "Boss, yuh real special at Academics & Swimming,everything else yuh ok at. I suggest yuh start looking to rest one or a few of the things yuh ok at. Ppl shouldn't give up the stuff they real good at ? Agree ?"  Apparently he agree. She say he was much better this morning.

Question is, how we could convince him to up the training a bit..mabe we better hold off on that awhile.

add: Yesterday MzTing was training best we ever see. Real working, haven't seen that for a long time. Very Commendable..
This morning, she buff meh for not fixing her T&T passport yet.....hmmmnnnnn
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:17:56 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »
1st meet at the small club - we have a total of 50 P1 & P2 swimmers - the boys(mine) may not even have a relay team. In addition, our meet only attracts the other small clubs. So the boys would hae to rely on each other to push each other back on the map. However, because they are still swimming unattached their ranking may not show on the National level, however they will recieve a personal ranking.
Lilman has lost a lot of confidence, as he hasn't done only 1 meet since Oct. Where as on the National scene many kids have done 3 or 4 meets..he was/is quite discouraged how he his times (doh not ranked) has fallen down to the 30s''& 40s''level. Then he hit meh with..He don't want to go Olympic TRIALs to come last...3 months before it was he do want to go Olympics for no bronze...
well we had a long talk..ah tell him it nt that important to us, wheter he goes Olympics or not ..It's more important to us, and down the road - when he is older - weather he tries his best  or not. Not many of us get where we hope to reach in life..but it the path we take, and the obstacles we strive to overcome, not giving up, determines our character and the person we will eventually be..and at the end of our journey, whatever we have accomplished and wherever we reach, our heart is at peace, cause we know we gave it our best...For some of us (like myself), we discover this later than sooner, although in the whole scheme of life, it is never to late...he say he like that..he say, he agree, but I'm concerned, cause I didn't expect it to surface so soon.
then mammy park the pscho-babble blaba, and show him, where his times at now, he still faster than many of the top 14 yr olds were last year, so don't dig.. :D
Didn't get into he have even tougher times ahead, both in swimming & life.

ah understanding more why senior athletes sometimes need pyschologist, even when they have parents. :worried:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:10:29 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
https://www.swimming.ca/meetreport.aspx?mid=12954

Kids were happy with their times...Unfortunately Lilman was the only one who manage to eek out a #1 in the 100 Fly...he did 1.00.11, whereas the previous kid had 1.00.15...he say he taking that. The other guy is still #1 at 200, by .5 sec, at it's a higher FINA points. Lilman competed against that same kid in Mexico, he represented that country. Don't know if he moved here permanently, but looks like that will be his main competition this year.
add: Lilman lost his Canadian record 11-12 this weekend to a 11 year old kid...and that boy still has another year to lower it..I ain't tell him that one yet...We new it was coming doh.

Mzting finally started coming close to her time of 3 years ago. Angel gonna have to pick it up to be higher ranked in canada, but he has good ranking provincially.

Interesting 1st meet at the new club..Coaches saying they are ready to tweak their training a bit...Question is, are they ready for that...will see after the holidays..
Merry Christmas everyone and a Prosperous & healthy New year.

website (under construction) : http://www.cotesaintlucaquatics.com/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 08:57:01 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2013, 09:57:15 PM »
Next weekend, the boys doing there 1st National meet. They will be competing 16 & under. Lil man seems to be youngest there at 13. They would be doing only 3 events each,, basically 1 standard & 2 bonus swims.....weekend after we will be going Provinciasl...for now they seem a little excited to be at this big meet., hoping to do best times.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2013, 09:04:37 PM »
Both Boys made the U16 A final (4th & 8th) in 50 Fly, doing best times.. From here on in it gets a litle tougher
Angel has 50  & 100 free left, Lilman has 100 & 200 fly
https://swimming.ca/liveresults/2013speedoeastern/

I have already started slipping in - oh how, after this, Provincials would seem slow..- so they won't get to down, but they still have to work,as they won't be doing 1 event a day...Angel say, "Nice try dad, but we know your pyschology tricks since last year. It's ok, don't worry"
 :-\  :-[  meh babies eh babies no mor   :wavetowel: ... :whew: buh wait wait...nah...these days dem kids does get a lil force-ripe early eh..so I keeping an eye out still..as lilman like to say .."ah peeping
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:08:11 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »
Congrats to TT swimmers at the US grandPrix meet in Orlando. We saw Dylan Carter, Joshua Romany & Tyler Martin on the TV broadcast. Exceptional swims by Carter. When I now see how hard my kids train, I regret there are not much higher rewards in swimming to help these exceptional & elite kids, especially those from TT, stay motivated. At least they may in some cases get a free education, but wow, I must commend all coaches & parents(TT included) to keep them motivated to stick with such extensive &  rigorous training for relatively nothing to say even a minor possible income potential of the more popular sports (football, basketball, hockey, baseball etc). Swima et al, take a bow.  :applause: :applause:

I hope me and mine could stay the course. Mammy strong doh, she gets behind us all, so we might get thru.

This coming weekend, Provincials. Lilman still swimming as 13 yr old, going ranked #1 in everything. Angel got it harder as he turned 15 last week and now will be swimming against 15 yr olds.

Boys last results at Eastern Nationals.
Side notes: Lilman 2 seconds off Can. 13-14 Ntl record for 100 fly SC. .03 off the Prov. 50 fly SC.
If Angel had done that 50 free time last week, he would have broken the provincial 13-14 record, might have done it, if he didn't hurt himself playing football. Glad to see he finally broke that 25. mark.
MzTing not happy she didn't make the Standrads to swim at this meet, question is, what is she gonna do about it.

Rank  Swimmer  Age Club Code Event Gender Age Group  Seed Time Prelim Time Final Time
17 Adrian Goin 15  CSLA 50 Freestyle M   16 & Under        25.21      24.43   
32 Adrian Goin 15  CSLA 100 Freestyle M  16 & Under       55.46      54.52   
4 Adrian Goin  15  CSLA 50 Butterfly M   16 & Under         26.39      26.02         25.79

8  Emil Goin   13  CSLA 50 Butterfly M   16 & Under          26.99      26.65         26.17
8  Emil Goin   13  CSLA 100 Butterfly M  16 & Under      1:00.11      58.97         58.58
19 Emil Goin   13  CSLA 200 Butterfly M  16 & Under     2:12.74   2:12.21       2:10.75

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2013, 08:51:46 PM »
Hilights of Provincial Meet.
Lilman had 7 on 7 Gold. Improved to 25.10 in 50m free. Equaled or slightly lagged best times
Angel has 1 gold, 1 silver. Did 25.33 in 50 fly, achieving Snr. National standard.
So MzTing going to try and swim in TT next weekend. Heard she was texting someone to see if she can get in a event. Hope she don't disappoint herself, she is just now starting to get back to her best, not sure she ready for pressure yet..anyway, she seems to be having fun entertaining the thought..might be seeing U''all Sunday Swima !

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 26, 2013, 10:05:58 PM »
Take a bow yourself. Those swims by the boys are excellent. Emil is the real deal in that 200 fly. Looking really good. Due to his 2oo background, the 100 will continue to be great as well.

Really exciting stuff! 

Of course, you and wifey have to still keep it tempered.  ;)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »
Met up with Swima.. MzTing placed 2 nds but unfortunately didn't make the Carifta standards. Coach williams convinced Angel to do 2 tine trials, and he made the standards and thus, the TT team. Now we have to work on passport, and funds to get him back to TT for Easter weekend. He's not as excited as MzTing is disappointed. Hmmmnn :-(

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
Good stuff!

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2013, 08:45:18 PM »
Just returned from the meeting. Angel is officially on the Carifta Team. Congrats again Max.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »
Thanks Swima, although he intially didn't want to swim, he seems to be quite excited at the prospect. Hope he can make a good representation. Mzting say she has to go as his chaperone.. :D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2013, 06:22:28 PM »
Major problems.. We are having issues getting his stuff in time , seems i have to prove i'm trinidadian, while i thought i had dual. No , birth certificate is not enuff, original document of canadian citizenship and his original papers required. Everybody does fly round all over the place with all their original documents or what?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 14, 2013, 06:58:13 AM »
So far, it gonna cost us 2000 CAD and 6 days missing school & work.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2013, 08:39:24 AM »
Ok. We finally ' get thru'. A family in law friend of a friend called in a favor and we got the passport processed, it seems he may be able to represent TT afterall. I say may, as my family was told it would be ready in time to give the coaches, just pick it up the day before.... Well after my few tt timed event experiences, not till we have it in our hand , i certain of anything.
Mammy went ahead an book us from Canada to Jamaica, ppl say yuh should be able to get some refund for him, not holding meh breath
Side notes
Angel has been sick with fever & diahrrea the last 2 days, and won't be attending the ntl team pract. at Chag today. If i had travel access i would have gone.
Lilman didn't miss a practice except today, i feel cause a girl ask him on the 2nd day " Did you miss me ".
All 3 got a lot of personal coaching at Titans, Mzting especially would be going back stronger than ever, hope it sticks.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2013, 03:17:09 PM »
Had a small swim meet yesterday, was supposed to be today, but Power went at the pool, and todays session was cancelled. (yes, not only TT does lorse power)

Lilman & MzTing had decent swims, not their best but decent. However, Angel was quite off his game. Seem he has not fuly recovered from the sick of last week. Lilman say he(angel) was running to the toilet a fair bit. Ah think they were the only races he won for the day. Hope he feels better this week so he can get in some measure of training.  :praying:
Meanwhile, Mammy caught the bug and was down & out since Monday, just starting to recover.
Buy toilet paper by the Bale

So far me an the angel scheduled to head down to Jamaica next week, and still hoping his passport comes thru in time. My sis willstart heading to the immigration office from Wednesday.  :praying:

http://www.swimjamaica.com/CARIFTA_2013/CARIFTA_2013_Home.htm
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 03:21:21 PM by maxg »

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2013, 06:36:25 PM »
Had a small swim meet yesterday, was supposed to be today, but Power went at the pool, and todays session was cancelled. (yes, not only TT does lorse power)

Lilman & MzTing had decent swims, not their best but decent. However, Angel was quite off his game. Seem he has not fuly recovered from the sick of last week. Lilman say he(angel) was running to the toilet a fair bit. Ah think they were the only races he won for the day. Hope he feels better this week so he can get in some measure of training.  :praying:
Meanwhile, Mammy caught the bug and was down & out since Monday, just starting to recover.
Buy toilet paper by the Bale

So far me an the angel scheduled to head down to Jamaica next week, and still hoping his passport comes thru in time. My sis willstart heading to the immigration office from Wednesday.  :praying:

http://www.swimjamaica.com/CARIFTA_2013/CARIFTA_2013_Home.htm

:praying: :)
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
thanks Richard, he's feeling much better and was able to get in, these last couple days of training, and was training very well, most effort I have ever seen. We leave tomorrow(just us 2 going), and he seems a bit more excited. Please continue the blessing. I was telling mom doh, just the fact he going thru is plenty for me.. Well done son, love you in spite of the result.
meanwhile, lilman not so happy how the Canada team trip he was supposed to be trying to make, is cancelled. Especially as he would have made the TT team as well. Mzting wants to come as chaperone for us.  :laugh:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 31, 2013, 12:29:06 AM »
The boy got his 1st & TT 1st Carifta Gold in 100 fly, more details & events to follow....

1]; } ?>