March 29, 2024, 06:59:07 AM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164840 times)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #270 on: March 31, 2013, 08:11:14 AM »
The boy got his 1st & TT 1st Carifta Gold in 100 fly, more details & events to follow....

well done! congrats to him and you and your family too!!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:50:09 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 31, 2013, 08:18:50 AM »
Big tings Maxg, Big tings!  Congrats to de yuteman and family for real
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »
Going for a 2 nd gold this evening, 50 fly. 200 free & 100 back wasn't so good, didn't make finals..I think he is concentrating on the events he can win..good strategy? I not sure, the coaches will know.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 01, 2013, 12:15:20 AM »
Angel got his 2nd gold, as a matter fact T & T won every gold at all age groups & genders in the 50 http://www.swimjamaica.com/CARIFTA_2013/LiveResults/index.htm

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 01, 2013, 12:32:41 PM »
Little disappointment, Angel didn't make finals in 100 free. Made it in 200 IM, and he an all was freaking out...he managed to qualify 8 th. so let's see if he will try an improve on that.....bottom line doh, he has to learn to swim the 100's

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 01, 2013, 09:46:17 PM »
Angel got his 2nd gold, as a matter fact T & T won every gold at all age groups & genders in the 50 http://www.swimjamaica.com/CARIFTA_2013/LiveResults/index.htm

Congratulations! Good job Swima and everybody.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 02, 2013, 11:29:16 AM »
Congrats maxg. I would luv to hear your experience as it relates to your interaction with the the Association. Is it because u and swima is pardners om sw.net made it easy to get all the info?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2013, 10:06:53 AM »
Congrats maxg. I would luv to hear your experience as it relates to your interaction with the the Association. Is it because u and swima is pardners om sw.net made it easy to get all the info?
Thanks weary
not really, although Swima was the 1st contact, right here on SW.net. I will try to explain how it went in detail, later. I must say both Angel & I enjoyed the experience. And we actually recieved some re-imbursement from ASTT for his flight, which was very much appreciated. The team manager Mr. Neil Marcano, and all the support staff must be commended on their level of professionalism and communication, we were kept in the loop on all aspects.
The other 2 kids are now looking forward to represent, especially based on Angel's experience. And although the whole experience still cost us a substantial amount (most due to my own travel), we are trying to make plans to accomodate both them and TT to the best of our ability.
The only present issue may be, we may not be able to afford attendance to the selection meet in TT, and before then, they would not have done Long course times since July the previous year. I will have to consult Swima on this. Swima has been a good reference since we have been on here, and I thank him for it.
Hope to meet y'all as I will be in TT at the end of the month again.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 05, 2013, 10:39:48 AM »
I have 3 swimmers at home. (no, they ain't get it from me)They are still quite young, but let the ppl in the field keep them in mind for T&T, in case they stick with it. Of Course the final decisions will be theirs.

maxg, ah real impressed and happy fuh you and yours eh ... particularly given the almost 5 years of reading this thread and observing your obvious passion, involvement, reflection and pride in the venture. On the other hand, iz good to see a mutually positive outcome involving the bridging of foreign-based and local-based efforts (which we know iz not always the story) ... absolutely spectacular  :beermug: that this site could be a conduit for such a productive experience.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2013, 12:12:05 PM »
Thanks weary
not really, although Swima was the 1st contact, right here on SW.net. I will try to explain how it went in detail, later. I must say both Angel & I enjoyed the experience. And we actually recieved some re-imbursement from ASTT for his flight, which was very much appreciated. The team manager Mr. Neil Marcano, and all the support staff must be commended on their level of professionalism and communication, we were kept in the loop on all aspects.
The other 2 kids are now looking forward to represent, especially based on Angel's experience. And although the whole experience still cost us a substantial amount (most due to my own travel), we are trying to make plans to accomodate both them and TT to the best of our ability.
The only present issue may be, we may not be able to afford attendance to the selection meet in TT, and before then, they would not have done Long course times since July the previous year. I will have to consult Swima on this. Swima has been a good reference since we have been on here, and I thank him for it.
Hope to meet y'all as I will be in TT at the end of the month again.

Of course just let us know when and d lime will happen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 10, 2013, 06:37:34 AM »
Maxg, congrats on your yute's recent performance and hope he will be the one to bring the elusive GOLD for TT. There is another yutes on the team names Jabari Baptiste. His dad and uncle went QRC. His dad Brian was in my class and played football but mostly 2nd XI. His uncle Mortimor was probably around your year. But I don't know if you are familiar with him.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 10, 2013, 08:25:52 AM »
Maxg, congrats on your yute's recent performance and hope he will be the one to bring the elusive GOLD for TT. There is another yutes on the team names Jabari Baptiste. His dad and uncle went QRC. His dad Brian was in my class and played football but mostly 2nd XI. His uncle Mortimor was probably around your year. But I don't know if you are familiar with him.
Yes, I had the pleasure of meeting Jabari parents, I recognized the dad, but wasn't quite sure from where. Not until Jamaica, when I spoke to Jabari's mom, i found out, that I might of known him from seeing him around Belmont as a teenager, his 1st wife ( Cutie, RIP) was a neighbour. And Jabari's god parents were a couple of my closest friends, and now,as you mention, the QRC connecton, Jabari was also one of Angel's roomates in Jamaica, it really is a small world.

On another note. Angel has tryouts for intercity football, and guess who I might get to coach. Rugged Tom.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 10, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
Rugged Tom!! That man still alive. He probably clocking 7teesometing!. He was not a bad coach, as far as I can remember. Man you have to do all that driving. You are a real highway bandit.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »
Max, take a photo and show us what de medal look like nah!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2013, 09:28:17 PM »
Max, take a photo and show us what de medal look like nah!
will do, I'm in TT now, however soon I get back.Will try to post up some races too. Btw, lilman say he ready to rep, doh he find the medals little light. Seem like plastic. :laugh:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 03, 2013, 01:42:02 PM »
Heading down to Team Champ, this is our club championships. There are 5 divisions, highest being 1. We are in div.5.we intend to be in Div 4 by Monday. Let's Go CSLA. 9 clubs in our division, top club moves up, 4 yrs to division 1..
Each kid only allowed do 5 events.  All short course at our division.
Mzting doing 50,100,200,400 free & 50 fly. 15 & O
Angel, 50, 100 free, 100 breast, 50,100 fly, 15 & O
Lil man,  400 free,50,100,200 fly, 200 I'm, 13-14

Update: angel qualify 3rd, 50 free sc, 25.10 , 15 & O
   Mzting, q 6,50 free sc, 28.42, 15 & O
Lil man, q 1,200 IM, 2:12.76, 13 - 14

Some amazing stuff ... Lilman missed prov.record by .04 secs in 50 fly, many pbs for lotsa kids, Mzting is back..Angel keeping our older boys honest..Lilman dropping lyrics on meh, he not chatting, he rapping...lilman went 24.39 in 1st leg of 50 free relay, to use his words, "Valid like Salad, jiggy,jiggy,jiggy".
And Mzting
We ready, we ready,we ready, we ready for d pooooooollllll"

boys going head to head today in 100 fly heats' wonder if Angel will let him win that again

Results: http://cotesaintlucaquatics.com/images/Competitions/TeamChamps/index.html
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:31:11 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 09, 2013, 12:01:31 PM »
lilman ended up with 5 gold, 4 pb, and breaking a prov. rec in 100 fly sc(57.50), racing against his brother (1.00.45) in heats...shim, who woulda thunk... :o ;)

MzTing also had a few best times, and 2 silver & a Bronze, and Angel didn't do any best times, and picked up a Silver and 2 bronze..Always knew he woulda have it tough..don't think the 4 K race he did on the Wednesday, and 9 events in the track & Field on the thursday, before the meet helped...but he go learn...He gone back for 5 finals In the T&F today, and have his first Intercity football game tonight..ah hope he learn before he pull up.. Next meet in 2 weeks at our old club of last year..
http://www.ddoswim.com/e/news.asp?ID=805

.anxious to hang with their buddies..Somebody tell lilman everytime he break the records, even if he have it, he will get a cheque...he hit meh "Kerching, summer job"...He has till march next year, to lower the record, and will probably do the 50s as well, an he eyeing the 200 as well, both LC & SC.. I trying for him to be not to focused on that, cause he might forget to enjoy himself..and I want them enjoying themselves for at least the next 3 years..then we can focus on times.

add: One of the races lilman has been braksing for the last 2 years, 400 free, he went and do 4:14, putting him at #2 in the country for boys born '99, and he do it on cruise... we trying to talk him into doing the 400 IM, where i think he will have a greater impact, but he not going there at all...this is the race where a couple years ago, he get out touch, cause his breast stroke did him in..Go break him down doh..my beggin honed on the streets of Belmont...except mammy does call it, "getting my way"

Add: Angel got a bronze in the 400 hurdles, didn't place in other events. Football team lost 5-2. He played right back, had a good game till he start getting cramps in calfs...ah wonder why ? He was a little lost at right back doh, as for the last 3 years he played stopper, and was a little upset, that all the goals came from breakaways on the opposite wing. he wants to tell the coach to put him stopper, so he could cover both sides. I say guy, you went 2 out of 8 practices, you have to show/prove to the coach that's where you should be...so hold strain, when the coach understands (and see ) how you play he will make the adjustments to best suite the team or he might not...depends on how the rest of the team adjust. Their only issue was the defence was to square, thus thru-pass beat everyone...I also noted that most of the winning goals scored (was 2-2) was when he was off (due to calf cramp), so maybe he did to much all week...he took a deep breath, and thought about that....if was Lilman or MzTing, sure I woulda get ah cheups..but Angel know unlike swimming football WAS my area (ah think)  ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:18:21 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 15, 2013, 04:47:44 PM »
I well vex...we old club overbook the meet. So we weren't accepted..on top ah that, the Parents of that Club more vex..cause, their own kids not swimming, but they have to work the meet..It's still a money maker for the club, but ll the officiating is volunteer..so ppl not happy..

They say as a door closes another one opens..
lilman asked to stand in as a double this weekend for a TV series where the actor supposed to be a tri-athlete, but his swimming not very strong, so they ask lilman to be a double as the actor is black. So mammy have to go sign contract, an lilman getting a lil small change..not much, but still bout 4 swim records worth..and some measure of popularity too... MzTing want to know, wwhy it have to be about a male tri-athlete. Why dey in call she ? She is the one into drama, she is the one who does marketing...why, why why.. ??? ::) always bout the boys..I say. 'what doh break yuh back make yuh stronger"..eh heh...Wha the hell that mean ? why u always come with some trini thing? How that helping anything ?  :worried:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:51:20 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:08:04 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2013, 10:44:19 AM »

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »
record posted
http://www.fnq.qc.ca/nouvelles_voir.asp?CodeN=1417

Max where the english version, SW should have strict language rules. ::)
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 24, 2013, 02:17:41 PM »
record posted
http://www.fnq.qc.ca/nouvelles_voir.asp?CodeN=1417

Max where the english version, SW should have strict language rules. ::)
yuh could click translate on the google bar, man..daiz how i does do it   ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 12, 2013, 12:42:33 PM »
3 more meets left. due to our bad luck..1st LC meet saturday.Lilman only doing 4 events due to exams friday.
http://www.natation-samak.org/xtraslush-2013/

then Provincials 1st week in July and Age grp Nationals 2 weeks after that. Angels missing provincials for a school trip, and going Snr Nationals instead.

Add: Rough 1 st day. After when we got into van, ah start, an announce the van not driving..It not accustom going home so light, it need some metal...gold, silver, bronze anything so... Lilman say tomorrow for sure, and Mzting say and for Father's Day too..Van went in gear, and we make it home ok
http://www.natation-samak.org/competitionsweb/20130614/Web/index.html
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:52:39 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 17, 2013, 09:15:18 AM »
Tough meet for everyone on the weekend. ..besides being our 1st LC meet..It was Outdoors, cold & wet..especially cold..
But the big news as of today..is Trinidad Newspapers have Angel name in a negative light, and mammy recv an email about patriotism and representation of the CCCan meet which we simply cannot afford. Well things starting to go sour very fast. I trying to slow down the decay...but as Mammy say, "when we fly down a family of 5 for vacation & try to borrow car and make our way to Trials, when we had to run up and down without any help from any officials, although we begged, to try and get Passport in time for the boy to go, then paid our way for 2 of us to Jamaica, taking time off from school and work(without pay)and add -to the tune of 4000, of which we recv 400 as assist., which of course we aprreciated- to represent, while tech. refuting the land of their birth, training & development, where we paid for their Canadian coaching in Canadian dollars for the last 6 years, and we give up possible chance of recving financial asst. from the swim association here for further development towards Olympics, to try and go to represent MY, not even mammy birth land..and our Name get associated with unpatriotism...well,..it's gonna leave us with a lot to think about...but at this point, I trying to keep regrets at bay.  :cursing:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:20:09 AM by maxg »

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 17, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
Eh mi boy MaxG....ah was reading dis....is wha going on here?

http://www.ttoc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3582%3Agive-me-a-reason&catid=2%3Alatest-news&Itemid=233

Roberts dissatisfied with reasons for CCCAN absences

Minister of Sport Anil Roberts demanded parents and representatives indicate in writing the reasons for their swimmers’ unavailability for the Central American and Caribbean Age Group Swimming

Championships (CCCAN) after dismissing their original reasons in a face-to-face meeting on Thursday.

And Lindsay Gillette, president of the Amateur Swimming Association of Trinidad and Tobago (ASATT) has received an extension to the deadline for entries to the June 29-July 7 CCCAN Games in Costa Rica from the organisers to today, trying to facilitate a “window of opportunity” for the nine national swimmers who were declared unavailable last week.

This although ASATT had already submitted their final entries to the games organisers on Wednesday, one day after the CCCAN selection meeting.

The Trinidad Express understands that ASATT used their good relationship with the first president of the CCCAN from the English-speaking Caribbean, Barbadian Errol Clarke to secure the extension.

On Thursday, Roberts asked the parents and representatives to make a decision about their children’s participation/availability and submit the decision in writing in a meeting that involved ASATT officials, parents and representatives of the unavailable swimmers at the Minister’s headquarters on Abercromby Street, Port of Spain. Sources who attended the meeting said Roberts, who had been in Parliament for close to 20 hours prior to meeting with ASATT officials, said commitment to national duty trumped everything. He dismissed out of hand the excuses, which ranged from sickness without a certificate to unavailability and to participation in alternative non-national team meetings and training.

According to a correspondence from ASATT president Gillette, Roberts “expressed his disappointment and displeasure with what seemed to be the apparent ‘boycott’ by these senior athletes both locally- and foreign-based and sought explanations for same”.

A source, who wished to remain anonymous because he was not authorised to disclose the details of the meeting, said one parent claimed not to be aware that the ASATT was sending a swim team to the June 29-July 7 CCCAN Games.

ASATT officials said at that meeting that they had at no time advised that the CCCAN meeting was off or that T&T was not going to send a team to the Costa Rica Games.

Roberts also sought clarification on who was representing Dylan Carter, a member of the Davies Nadadores Swim Club in Florida since August 2012, as Aerios Aquatics coach Franz Huggins had initially written ASATT on June 2 stating multiple Carifta and CCCAN medallists Carter and Joshua Romany were unavailable. The source said Huggins admitted he was not authorised to speak for Carter.
Another source said Roberts gave the example of Suriname 1988 Soeul Olympic medallist Anthony Nesty and Trinidad and Tobago’s 2004 Athens bronze medallist George Bovell as swimmers who were world ranked in senior swimming and still competed in Caribbean Islands Swimming Championships (CISC), a lower level age-group competition than CCCAN, on their way to world standard performances.

Following the meeting with Roberts, swimmers’ parents and their representatives held a meeting with ASATT officials.

On Friday, Gillette issued a memo to swim clubs and representatives updating them on the CCCAN developments.

Up to press time last night, parents and/or representatives of none of the nine unavailable swimmers--which also include US-based Alexandra Donahue and Tyla Martin, both multiple Carifta gold medallists, Canada-based Adrian Goin, UK-based Rebecca Marshall and Hannah Chatfield, US-based Emiro Goossen, and the local based Jonathan Ramkissoon--had submitted written documents.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »
Tough meet for everyone on the weekend. ..besides being our 1st LC meet..It was Outdoors, cold & wet..especially cold..
But the big news as of today..is Trinidad Newspapers have Angel name in a negative light, and mammy recv an email about patriotism and representation of the CCCan meet which we simply cannot afford. Well things starting to go sour very fast. I trying to slow down the decay...but as Mammy say, "when we fly down a family of 5 for vacation & try to borrow car and make our way to Trials, when we had to run up and down without any help from any officials, although we begged, to try and get Passport in time for the boy to go, then paid our way for 2 of us to Jamaica, taking time off from school and work(without pay)and add -to the tune of 4000, of which we recv 400 as assist., which of course we aprreciated- to represent, while tech. refuting the land of their birth, training & development, where we paid for their Canadian coaching in Canadian dollars for the last 6 years, and we give up possible chance of recving financial asst. from the swim association here for further development towards Olympics, to try and go to represent MY, not even mammy birth land..and our Name get associated with unpatriotism...well,..it's gonna leave us with a lot to think about...but at this point, I trying to keep regrets at bay.  :cursing:

not happy at all
add: an mammy repped TT too
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:32:34 AM by maxg »

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2013, 09:29:49 AM »
Guy it's times like these you put them in their place. Been there and done that. Don't be afraid of dem. Too many of our national athletes get the shaft to have them talk outta dey cacahole. And it's so bago athletes been getting it for years. Sorry to hear how quickly the experience went downhill. Stay positive mi bredrin. Give the fam my regards.

Blessings and enjoy de day.
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 17, 2013, 09:41:54 AM »
Guy it's times like these you put them in their place. Been there and done that. Don't be afraid of dem. Too many of our national athletes get the shaft to have them talk outta dey cacahole. And it's so bago athletes been getting it for years. Sorry to hear how quickly the experience went downhill. Stay positive mi bredrin. Give the fam my regards.

Blessings and enjoy de day.
Richard G.
Thanks RG..mammy say it ain't no downhill..is just No, we can't go...besides the finances, we have prior school and work commitments amongst other things..It's not as if they are pro or semi-pro adults and is what they do..it's children.
i personally think,  all this poltical huffin, puffing and brow beating en cuttin nuttin but they own throat.
add: we go still try to save them from themselves, but if they dkeep fighting our help..then...

ps: Mom has sent off a letter to the swim association, giving reasons why we must miss this meet.nb: we had already informed with a little less detail through private email.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:56:57 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2013, 05:43:12 PM »
as Lilman says " Look ting". The boys are in the same event as George Bovell. Even if George ranked #1 and Angel ranked 100 & something..maybe, just maybe, by the time we get in the pool, he might reach back his hotel in time to see us on TV.  ;D

However, we go try and beat him in fly, as he probably doing that just for training..ah go tell Lilman try and get a autograph.
Psych sheet up
http://www.cnppo.net/comps/61/comp_files.html?locale=fr

add: As of today, Thurs. Lilman scratched from Friday's 400 free. Coaches decision. They want him concentrate on 200 fly only.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:57:24 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 01, 2013, 05:58:28 PM »

George congratulated Lilman on his breaking the provincial 100 fly LC record 57.70 (13-14)
...meanwhile mzting in love.
Full Results : http://www.swimrankings.net/services/CalendarFile/8118/live/index.html

Finale A  100 fly LC
1. WANG, Samuel 17 SHER 55.56 720
2. CARON, Marc-Olivier 16 CAO 55.67 716
3. MAGNAN, Alexandre 18 PCSC 56.23 695
4. JARRY, Mirando 17 CAMO 56.73 677
5. Lilman  14 CSLA 57.70 643
6. CHAUBET, Gaël 17 ELITE 58.01 633
7. VILLENEUVE, Antoine 18 CSQ 58.41 620
8. BUJOLD, Antoine 18 PCSC 58.80 608
9. VILLENEUVE, Philippe 18 CSQ 59.20 595
10. CYR, Pierre-Alexandre 18 SHER 59.73 580

Finale C 50 free LC