April 16, 2024, 03:16:16 PM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 166217 times)

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »
Big big swim by lil man. Only. 01 away from our own 13-14 national record in the 100 fly. So sad we dealing with fools down here. Congrats maxg!
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 02, 2013, 10:15:12 AM »
Tis truly unfortunate allyuyh get caught up in the in the bachannalitics spin cycle

btw yuh hadda pick ah new name for yuh son oui...da youth gettin tall and ripped, de lilman ting cyah fit no more
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 02, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »
Tis truly unfortunate allyuyh get caught up in the in the bachannalitics spin cycle

btw yuh hadda pick ah new name for yuh son oui...da youth gettin tall and ripped, de lilman ting cyah fit no more
yeah Dutty for real..he an he Trini pardner in school does chat it up good too..
He hit meh with . "Mom, look nah, ah almost coul drink soup on daddie head"  ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 03, 2013, 09:11:40 AM »
This weekend provincials, last meet before Senior Nationals and Age group Nationals(AGN). Only Lilman will be attending. Angel is in Washington for a school choir competition. He skipped Prov. (ould have been his last year) & will be doing 3 events in Snr. Nationals, followed by AGN the next weekend. MzTing done, unfortunately didn't make Snr National standards. Coaches were a bit disappointed as they thought she would, we were never sure. 
In our club we only have 5 kids with the Provincial standards (6 with Angel,who not there), we don't even have a relay team. We have 2 girls 11-13, 2 boys at 14, and with Angel gone, 1 Boy at 15.
Only Lilman & Angel has AGN standards, but we have about 4 with Snrs.
Lilman is hoping to win the top 14 yr old boy cash prize. Trying the 400 free LC again, going in ranked 1st in his AG, but not by much. He's being working on his breast to try and improve his 200 IM, and seems to be quite excited with how things are going. Will see how that turns out.
Good Luck son..and u too Angel, in your competition in Washington.

Our old club still has the best site.
http://www.ddoswim.com/e/news.asp?ID=822

Day 1: 200 free, 2nd 2.00:55 (winning time 2.00.25) the boy, originally from tunisia this year, was a little surprised when lilman wished him luck before the race, and congratulated him after on his win. I was proud.
           50 free, 1 st 26.84
tomorrow, Day 2: 200 fly ( he say :in Trini " ah go reaall feel embarassed if ah bun again like last week. Ppl go say, whappen he chupid or wha ?". I say doh worry man,go be good.he say he feeling confident)

just discovered he and the boy going head to head in 6 out of 7 events..and within seconds (milliseconds - in shorter races)...and mammy tell me he was best boy in the 14 yr old in winter provincials(lilman had won 13 yr olds).. Santa Rosa races in Mtl this wknd, boy. All preparation for AGN.
upd : man look like he bun in prelims yes. He say he ease up. He still qualify 2nd by .5 secs...so we go see who ease up and who bun. hear the mouth nah "Prepare to be amazed" lol   hope he don't get dis- appointed.. I tell him 2nd is good, the boy turn 15 next month, and he have a whole year...he repeat "PREPARE TO BE AMAZED"...ok Boss, good luck

Lilman dropped almost 5 secs from his best time in the 200 Fly final with a time of 2.14.91. Unfortunately he still came second, the other Boy did a come from behind in the last 50, doing 2.13.28..Very good race. I knew lilman was bun when around the last 25 mark, he started lookin for the boy, checkin to see how far he is, and how far he have to go...and thinking bout all that instead of swimming..He felt quite good about his time doh, and said he is prep for Nationals..I say "oh Ho", ok good swim still   :worried:
Today Day 3 : lilman qualified 1st in 100 fly (1.00.68 ), and the boy in 2nd with 1.01.11 ..So another interesting race. oh lilman bst time is 3 secs faster, but his coach did say he will probably be tired from last weekend.
And qualified 5th in 400 free (2.29.77) guess who is #1 with 2.28.27.. I feel we getting a good lesson here.
As we leaving to go..he just tell he grandmother..."I goin for best time, and if I come first, I come first"..so I think humility sinking in too.He and the boy chattin cool, cool and wishing each other luck before the race , and that is very nice, as they both most likely will be on a Provincial team to California next month.. ok..back in a little.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:43:59 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 07, 2013, 12:27:22 PM »
100 fly finals went down slightly as expected..Lilman won doing 58.90, the boy do 59.94.but te 400 free, oh boy..action..
Lilman start of on cruise, at one point was 9 th. He coach waving for him to speed up, but lilman cruisin...meanwhile the Jedi (the champion boy) gone like a bat outta hell...by the 200 mark lilman seem to get down on he cruise rythm and move into a slight 4th..buh Coach on deck waving like crazy for him to speed up..by then lilman just get it, and stroke rte up a bit..and by the 300, he up to full throtle, like evrybody else up it to..an he stay in 4 th...he barely ketch the 3rd man on the 350, and chuggin...well the next 25 he ketch the 2nd man, and chuggin for the 1st, but the boy done see the rainbow, and take off for he gold(4.19.17)...lilman chugged into 2nd(4.23.05). We start to breathe again(ah thought yuh couldn't hold yuh breathe for more than 4 minutes).. when he come up we say, that was amazing, buh wha as dah one..he say, he was working on technique, and as he was up tight with the guy next to him, he didn't see the Jedi take off (3 lanes over), only when he moved up a bit he see 2 of them way in front, so he decide to light the burners, but realize he was a little late...I say "Good Swim guy, DON'T don't again, ah not young anymore". He laugh,"Daddy the Joker".

Day 4: 200 IM & 50 free. Qualified 1st this morning in Prelims, no best times, but looked comfortable, yet 2nd place in 200 (2.21.64) The Jedi twin brother was 1.5 second behind, and .23 in 50 free, lilman did 26.15, over a sec. off his best. Yuh think he trying to freak meh out ?

Discovered he has a chance to win the best boy 13-14, however it won't be only in his hands. Interestingly enuff, If he wins both his races, and the Jedi comes 1st, the Jedi wins, if Jedi comes 2nd, they will be tied with equal medals & points, but the Jedi will win on head to head - hey doesn't beting the twin brother twice count   ;D  ..If the Jedi places anything else Lilman wins.

So 1st, Lilman has to win his events..Will let y'all know how it turns out...but oh gorm, ah missing the football game doh..oh well, priorities & prayers for everybody..  :praying:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:30:36 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 08, 2013, 03:14:36 PM »
Well I was wrong about 2 things...1. I thought the TT game was yesterday..I watching that tonight :wavetowel: :chilling: :praying:

Lilman did what he had to do, win the 200 IM (pb 2.17.59), and 50 free(25.69) only .3 sec ahead of 2nd place, but won..then we had to wait for the Tunisian boy to swim the 1500, he placed second. Tmalss, they ended up tie..4 Gold, 3 silver..and which brought me to my 2nd mistake..the rules state, they are both share the prize. Both on the team to go meet in California. Very proud..
Next up in 3 wknds Age Group Nationals.
meanwhile Angel just back from School choir in DC, may do 3 events at Snr Nationals, the wknd before AGN. He saying he doh wha go, he missed a week of practice (translation :doh wha take kickass again)..but the coach want him go for the experience, besides it's 5 minutes away from us. We are trying to encourage him...he hard to bribe..but ppl who read this, dun know that

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=562921977091204&set=a.562919017091500.1073741842.163831313666941&type=1&theater
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 03:32:22 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2013, 03:26:30 PM »
Recieved official invitation...

Subject: Sélection Équipe du Québec Jeunesse / Far Western - San Jose, Californie

Message à l’attention de l’entraîneur chef de Côte Saint-Luc Aquatics
et des nageurs de CSLA sélectionnés sur l’Équipe du Québec Jeunesse

Camille Bergeron-Miron
Lilman

Félicitations !
Vous avez été sélectionnés pour participer au stage d’entraînement et à la compétition Far Western à San Jose en Californie à la fin juillet.
Les documents pertinents en lien avec cette activité sont en pièce jointe du présent courriel.

The boy off to California...but 1st AGN.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 14, 2013, 04:12:23 PM »
Senior Nationals start Wednesday, Angel doing 3 events, best ranking, 27 th in 50 fly, worse ranking 48th and last in 100 fly, ranked 35 th in 50 free. Hard test before Age Group next week, but not hard enough to burn.
Doubt he coming a last doh..that will be interesting, even if he's one of the youngest there.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2013, 05:49:22 AM »
Angel coach has decided to conduct a practice for 1 hour before Snr Nationals for 6 of the swimmers and his only 2 at This meet. Angel is only doing 50 fly today, 100 fly, day 3 and 50 free next day. So practice at the competition pool slightly shortened. The beauty, it's 2 minutes by car.

https://www.swimming.ca/liveresults/2013summernationals/

Lilman has this rasping cough started yesterday, hope it clears up, not giving no cough medicine, cause they testing at AGN next week. We
Mzting training hell hard on her own, 5 k run everyday, 1 hr swim every 2 days, goes to the boys practice once a week.
She say she not getting left out no Carifta again. Guess, there is at least one hopeful for TT.
 I think if she can get up to her potential, she would be a great representative, in & out of the pool.

add: Angel did a pb of 26.18 staying 23 rd as he was ranked. needed 26.00 to make B final. Day after tomorrow he going in ranked last(48th) in 100 fly.

add: Angel stayed in last(47th - ah fella WDR) in 00 fly, but did a pb of 59.83 yeeeaaayy. Could make finals next week if he can do that again.
Add:  44th in 50 free, did 25.29, not far off from pb of 25.19

Lilman thinks no pb cause Angel missed that week of training 2 weeks ago.. .yeah, that's it
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:07:48 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 21, 2013, 06:41:42 AM »
Entry list is up. In addition to a few other foreign swimmers, there are a few Aussies, of course they are going in ranked 1st in.Most events.Well, that contingent includes the 15 year old wonder kid Kyle Chalmers (look him up). He does a 54 100 fly and a 50 100 free.
Angel not so highly ranked best 3 rd, worse is 38 th(last) in 200 free...oh my.., and lilman going in 1 st in 50 fly.  He couldn't ' get to do the 100 free because he didn't do it for awhile, and thus didn't't have the standard. He will do 200 back where ranked 16 th is his lowest ranking.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2013, 04:30:35 PM »
Chalmers is a beast. The talk of Australia this year as he still plays a bit of Aussie Rules Football. Max, take some video for your boy plz.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 21, 2013, 10:13:38 PM »
Chalmers is a beast. The talk of Australia this year as he still plays a bit of Aussie Rules Football. Max, take some video for your boy plz.
will do.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 23, 2013, 02:43:12 PM »
Swima..Live webcast link.don't know if they showing prelims (starts 9am- finals i believe 5:30)..but definitely finals
http://swimcanweb.tv/en/home

https://www.swimming.ca/liveresults/2013Agegroup/index.html

upd: Both boys in finals. Lilman 100 fly,200 back 14 yr. Angel 100 fly 15 yr olds. Check broadcast
swima, seems Chalmers didn't make it". 'wdr

upd Day 1 finals, last night: Lilman 1st 100 fly, broke Canadian record with time of 57.31.
was 2nd on the 50 turn, and he look at the boy and put he head down and went.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cicXKYbDWK0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVR6bk_I4Z7wImfWB-vg_BA
5th in 200 back 2.17:98, was still talking about skipping it, up to last minute, then it seems as the race went on, he started feeling confident, and actually moved up to 3 rd place from out in lane 9, but then he seemed to have lost touch with the leaders, and eventually pulled in at 5th. "Dad, I'm feeling quite confident, maybe I can swim this thing" -  ::) - we only telling yuh that for the last year; Angel 4 th in 100 fly 58.86 (pb), 3rd place was 58.85. It was a pleasure to see the effort he made, considering he didn't have the responsibilty of reppin his dad country...was quite impressed and hopeful.
then  on Day 2, he comes and does one of his weaker times in 100 free again, and like Carifta didn't make finals..as that was our only event for Day 2..not going back for a finals seems kinda wierd, like ah get spoil..This evening we going to try to go for a warmup/keep active swim at the local pool, so they can stay tuned for tomorrow...Lilman $200 Cheque for best boy at Provincials came in mail today..he was busy playing PS3 Batman something...he didn't even blink..ah guess he have to much money now...or all games covered for now...tomorrow Day 3: Lilman 200fly , 50 free  -(14 yr) -back to back..Angel 50 free (15 yr) only.

Day3: Both boys in finals in their events. Lilman did pb and ranked #1 going in the 200 fly. 2.13.30. They 3rd & 5 th in the 50 free... Hooked up with a fellow TTians at the meet, Tariq & Family(and a boy who swam for Grenada at Carifta..) , He's having a tough meet doh. Gonna try bringing them home for lunch tomorrow..
Finally get a chance to update..
So we had the Trini Family from TO over for lunch, and we all head down to take in finals of Day 3 later that day.  First up, Lilman and his pet event 200 fly..he died again, didn't swim his race..The main competitor out off from the whistle, and lilman tried to keep up, but this guy wins all the distance races , from 200 to 1500's, so real bad move on lilman part, so both of them were racing each other and pull away from the field by a good 4 seconds and in the last 25, Lilman body shut down, 3 swimmers fly by him, I would have it on film, if I didn't shoot, clouds, crowd, meh foot, blank pool, everything but the race...with all the excitement..the boy come out the pool dejected & beaten, and if I was able to talk to him, I wouldn't know what positive to say..he was definitley to confident, and was already looking ahead at the 50 free, and when the boy tok off, he paniced..how will he swim that next race(50)right after, was our biggest concern.. Well don't know what we was worried for cause he swim like a beast,both he and he pardner from Calgary, the boy who beat him in Mexico went 1-2, with lilman in 2nd with a pb of 24.86, the boy refuse to lorse to lilman boy...24.78. Then next race right after was Angel,going in 5 th, we had told him you will probably have to do a pb(old pb 25.19) to even stay 5th..all he said " I would really like a medal"..the boy did a pb (24.53) dropping over 1/2 sec, to come in 3rd..and keep the universe (lilman/angel competition) aligned...Everyone was so happy, mammy start to cry...and ah think ah see ah see a ghost of ah smile on lilman too, as he congratulated his brother..so thank god, we ended on a high..Lilman still don't want to talk about the fly race, and ask me to delete whatever i recorded..
Day 4: the tuff day for lilman, back to back 200 IM, 50 fly, 400 free..Angel only had 50 fly. Well from warmup, while we parking mammy get a call.Lilman forget he Arena(racing pants) home..wta..I tell mammy to bad, he will have to go so, in his warmup briefs, she say, nah..she going, I say mammy that is an hour, you looking for speeding ticket, this is the 1st meet we ain't get hold..oh gorm..she say she gone..When ah check lilman he standing by the fence all worried, well sure nuff mammy didn't make it, he was not focused and qualified 11th (1st reserve), but I was quietly thanking God, because I was certain, it would tire him for his 50 fly, and although that is not a big race event, I know he could get the prov. record, which would mean a "kerching" ( cash) for him, and he would like that..meanwhile the other Trini lilman made it in, and doh lilman was happy for him, he insist if he had his suit he would be going in # 1..uh huh..ok..next time..Both he and Angel qualified 1st in 50 fly, and Lilman just went to slow in the 400, qualifying 16 th..I said another thank u lord, and on the way home Mommy said, "Oh well, you both now only have to focus on the 50 fly"..Yes, Yes.
Wel Finals that evening, Lilman came 2nd, breaking the prov. record, with a time of 26.02( old rec was 26.37)- The calgary boy again 25.87, that was a race - Lilman said, "Dad, that's my friend and everything, but I will have to do something bout that next year". Angel didn't have a great start and did a come from behind, winning in a pb of 25.78...Stars stayed aligned.
All in all, 2 Gold, 3 Silver and a bronze..

Yesterday, Lilman was off to California with the provincial team. Before he left I gave him the usual speech about behaviour, and respect, etc.etc..especially as i knew on the trip was a coach from Pointe Claire who tends to ride him hard about his losing his passport on the mexico trip..
mammy say, as she dropping lilman in the airport, who greet them..yup..same coach, and sure nuff, 1st thing he say to Lilman, in front of everybody, "Hope you have your passport", she say Lilman, just look at him with a blank face and said loud and gruff "Shut up". Mammy say the coach turn red, but didn't say nothing..I say, but ah just give the boy a long talk, dang..Mammy say doh worry, he looking for that 2 yrs now..Time he realize Lilman is Bigman now..I still lil worried doh,I don't trust some chupid  majorities with minorities...Anyway mammy left today, and will be there from tomorrow, so woe be on to whoever mess with her baby. ;D

add:  A fan of the blog, just point out to me, I forgot to mention Lilman time for his 200 free, broke 2 minutes to place second..Did 1.59:13. Sorry about that Mammy..
Angel football team get 4 last night, and he kinda sorry now, that he not in Cali..oh well..Lilman in both finals tonight..Going in 2nd in 50 free, and 3rd in 200 IM.

I think 50 fly pic, but almost same as 50 free..video later

Definately 50 fly
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:55:48 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 31, 2013, 10:09:34 PM »
Just heard that swimming world broadcasting the finals live of the California meet..
Missed lilman 1st swim, a gold medal performanceand season leading time of 53.62  :o in the 100 free, his buddy who won it at Nationals is there, and placed 4 th. more details to follow..
Tomorrow the 400 I'm...he will have to face it now, coach say he avoid enough  ;)

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 01, 2013, 12:43:45 PM »
Great times from the junior meet. Just for some perspective, our 13-14 National records in some of those events:

100 free: 52.33
100 fly: 57.69
50 fly: 25.32
50 free: 23.77

Lil man already under the 100 fly, with another year in the age group. Also, Youth Olympics next year is for kids born between 96 and 99. Right now we have several qualifiers. Let's get two more  ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 01, 2013, 03:37:36 PM »
Great times from the junior meet. Just for some perspective, our 13-14 National records in some of those events:

100 free: 52.33
100 fly: 57.69
50 fly: 25.32
50 free: 23.77

Lil man already under the 100 fly, with another year in the age group. Also, Youth Olympics next year is for kids born between 96 and 99. Right now we have several qualifiers. Let's get two more  ;D
Ok Swimmer, passports ready..I working on the kids softly and will try to at least have options in place..the only issue, I feel they may be offered to be carded this year. i.e. give them a stipend , at least on the provincial level. The cost of attending meets might come into play...for now, although they do have a couple B standards for the youth olympics...we trying to "band we belly'' and put aside some funds for Carifta- Aruba.. with the carded program, it might be out our hands, yet sew some holes in our pockets..Trying to work it out. mammy dun cut short vacation to pay these new bills..really didn't realize the better yuh get, the more cost involved.
btw some good news..ah see Angel start working out...and Lilman waitng to swim the 400 IM in Cali as I type..has a slow time, so in a later heat.
add: Just saw yesterday race posted.
http://tv.swimmingworldmagazine.com/events/2013-speedo-far-western-long-course-championships/races/23594

http://tv.swimmingworldmagazine.com/events/2013-speedo-far-western-long-course-championships/races/23599

just heard Lilman didn't do a pb in 400 IM and won't make finals (5.03:20). Mammy said, he was kinda slow on back, and seemed out of it, after the breast. At least he gave it a shot and didn't backed down. I still would like him to work on it though. Guess, we not seeing him live tonight..may be doing 400 med.relay.
12 th in 400 I'm, relay team finished 3rd.
Tomorrow , 200 im & 50 free..
update: 3rd in 200 IM did a pb 2.15.32. Really super swim by the winner Bryce Mefford, 2.12.26, and 2nd Alex Liang .  They are ones to watch.
 Lilman came 2nd in 50 free, losing to boy from Canada, who won at AGN. they only did 24.99 & 25.12, not pb from either..but strong swims all the same.. Mammy thought lilman had him, but Stephen must have out touched him underwater.
Saturday was 200 fly, lilman came 2nd with a pb to Alex Liang. 2.11.69 to 2.12.63. Again amazing swims by both, and they're both '99s(yob).
Today, actually in a hour or so, Lilman does his last race, 100 fly. He qualified 1st with 59.40, a good 2 seconds of his pb of last week. Playing dead to ketch corbeau, or getting tired..will see shortly...

Won gold in 57.55..endin with 2 Gold, 2 Silver, and a bronze from 6 events.
Family on the way home..Swimming DUN....
oh no...summer pool fun swimming section finals this weekend..anyway..that's for fun.. right? right ?  ::)  :frustrated: :-[  :bs:   :D

Lilman 100 fly, on last day : http://tv.swimmingworldmagazine.com/events/2013-speedo-far-western-long-course-championships/races/23834
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:34:39 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 12, 2013, 08:29:44 AM »
Summer pool section finals last Saturday. After combination of all sections, Lilman in 1st in his 2 events, 50 free & 50 fly, 13-14. Angel in 1st in 50 fly, and 5th in 50 back. 15 & over. MzTing in 3 rd in 50 free and 7th, in 50 fly, as most of the summer ols are 6 lanes, she won't be in final, but going in 1st in consolation.
The biggest surprise was Angel, cause he now swimming against the big boys, many from the big clubs, and some of those who retired, but come back for the fun swimming, and still have it. He was the most uncertain to make finals and he did, in both events.The only downer, he say he done swim, and I notice, MzTing like she done too. Only lilman went to training this morning, his choice, I think he is going after the 13-14 records, and I think he can do it. So next week finals, and we dun for at least 3 weeks. In that time, everybody will be gearing up for back to school. MzTing will be starting cegep - media & communications.So she is more excited about that. Will be interesting for all of us, big woman stuff, with big woman choices. Good Luck baby.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »
Swimming done..yeeeaaaahhh
I know this is no worlds, but for now, it's our world..i have to learn to accept that.
 No pbs, but 2 meet records by lilman, and equally amazing swims by not just Angel & mzting, all of our team..we went from 2nd to last in Sections, to a tie for the trophy in finals, it's the first time, there has ever been a tie in the 55 yrs of competition. lots of thrills and even a spill, Lilman slipped of the board in the free, seemed to make him swim faster  :D

http://www.jumptoalps.com/swimming.htm

This ends our regular broadcast, we will resume in September, when we start the serious winter program again. Now it's 1 week break, and back to school, Community College/Pre-University for MzTing. Thanks all for the well wishes..so far, the journey continues..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2013, 10:09:35 AM »
Good day folks.. hope everyone had a nice summer all 4 weeks of it.  ;D
1. Training starts in 4 days.
2. Lilman hurt his upper-back neck 2 weeks ago..he claims he don't know how or when, but I have a feeling it have something to do with wieghts and KungFu, and doh he not denying it, he not admiting either. He still moving with a stiff neck, and can't seem to say to me how bad it hurting, but every night he coming with a stiff neck and a bottle of canadian healing oil to rub him down. Yes, ah have dem believing that - foul smelling rub - an soft-candle is wierd voodoo. Ah trying to grow some Aloes too, but like it won't make. Hopefully that neck stuff clears up in the coming week.
3. Lilman has also been picked to the "Canada Development LC ID team". ususally #1 in each age category from 18 down to 15 & under.
He is the only 14 year old(youngest) selected, as part of the 4 x 100 relay team. More of a recognition than actual representation Team. Anyway, make things not so good for TT team, as he already started making friends/bonding with Canadian Ntl team members. Still no funds to cover all this swimming.  ::)
4. MzTing says she want to spend Chistmas in TT, and make that TT Carifta Team, and Angel, say he not sure where he wants to swim.  :(
5. Canada announced for Youth Olympics, although it's '96 to '99 age group, they only carrying 4 boys, 98 to 99. Given the above item 3, might cause problems. As mammy say, for now, let's just see how ppl handle themselves- with the injuries, school work etc - and if they can manage the A standards, cause no one have that yet.   
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:26:10 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2013, 04:10:29 PM »
Just an interesting story...hope he winning some money, cause he cyah feed no family on 7K a year, besdes, that is just to help cover training. Must have other source of funding. He no even in top 10 like George. That has to be dedication.
http://bernews.com/2013/08/digicel-sponsors-swimmer-roy-allan-burch/

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 05, 2013, 05:50:55 AM »
Went TO to do the passports for lilman and Mzting. Had a long talk about representing TT.
Lilman expressed his reservations. Heis main beefs were, he didn't want to deny someone from Trinidad the opportunity to represent their country, he don't want ppl to think he representing TT because he couldn't make Canada, he wants to own a few Canadian records,he doesn't think TTians care for him as much as Canadians would, as he is born here.
 I presented my counter arguments, no taking of place, if the TT swimmer doesn't have the qualifying standards; everybody in Canada who already knows him believes he is destined to be at every major meet, irregardless of country; he can own the Canadian records because he is Canadian, he now has dual Citizenship; his head coach, repped England,one asst. repped Romania , the other repped Canada, and they all think, it's about their swimmer(s),and not about location. They have committed to prepare him, if Canada wouldn't - due to choice or TT can't - due to distance; in Canada, the ppl who don't know about swimming hardly care who represents them, in TT, the ppl care more about who represents them, though they maybe more critical of performances.
He came back with, there is less pressure, because, his friends will be happy if he just makes the Olympics, TT ppl want another medalist (Bovell) or you failed. I said, they are like that with everything, probably why there are very few participants, but for a small country, exceptional talents. "You can show them, accomplishments are attainable "

Sold, bought, but not taken home yet, still in the bag.
He wants to train harder than ever, but we have being holding him back, for fear of he burning himself out, thus we have him sticking to the 6 sessions. He said, but everyone else trains 9 plus times a week...we say, they need it, you don't..your coaches say you're intense enough at each session. Think he got a little anxious as Angel & Mzting both do some mornings, they seemed to be more focused, so since he was already there, he figuring he need to add something as well. We asked the coaches to talk to him.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 05, 2013, 05:11:05 PM »
sport supposed to be a stress reliever. :-\

plenty plenty thinking goin on in de maxg home
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 07, 2013, 10:25:43 AM »
sport supposed to be a stress reliever. :-\

plenty plenty thinking goin on in de maxg home
yuh dun know Dutty.And to be honest, we have no idea what is the best decision, and probably wouldn't know after either. If only TT management, society and politrics was a little more or less predictable. Yet, even with the predictabilty of the Canadian program, it's still an uncertain route. Oh well, we'll pray to God to guide us (and them), and accept what is in store. For now, we all will continue to prepare.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 29, 2013, 09:52:06 PM »
Boys got regional top awards 2 weeks ago..
1st meet this weekend for all, cross town, 1/2 hr..easy drive..of course Angel get some kinda cold , miss school today..psyche sheet up, lilman only ranked #1 in 2 of his 6 events for his AG..Angel highest ranking is 7th(50 free), lowest 31 st in (200 IM) in 15- over....time to grow or breakout the violins..not sure what Mzting doing, plus she has provincial cup meet next week as well...will her training only 8 hrs a week be enough, hope she doesn't get discouraged again..(the boys do about 12, but most other clubs do anywhere between 15 & 21- as a family we not ready for that yet)
Mzting trying to balance college and training, by training at 6 am, 3 mornings, mammy driving...just not happening with me..

http://www.camonatation.org/content/resultats-halloween-2013

Lilman and Angel both selected to provincial team, 1st camp in 2 weeks, downtown, 1/2 hr, drive, 7 am, not bad
Lilman also named to Canadian Development ID team, 15 & U, he's the only 14 yr old..they sent him a Canadian team T shirt and Canadian swim cap..steups...ah losing that sale
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:39:48 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 03, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »
Way to soon to shout to the heavens and light a diya about MzTing being back..but she dropped 3 secs in 2 of her events this weekend
100 fly : 1:08.76 and 200 IM: 2:34.56. Commendable times in her other 3. Best placing was 7th in fly, worse 19th in 400 free. Everyone was happy. She really want to make that TT team, i'm still not sure she can dip down to those levels so soon, but she thinks she can..I asked her why is it so important - just so I know how to deal if it don't happen, cause I tell her minimum 3 standards is our standard - she hit meh with "Got to REPRESENT my peeps - Passport. check!"...Oh ....OOOO K !  I leaving that there oui, is all good for now.  ent ?

Lilman did pb's in 3 events, but was 5 1st, 1 2nd, worst placing, in 100 breast. Was hoping & trying for Can. Record in 100 fly, but didn't beat his pb of 57.50, did 57.63, was not overly disappointed doh, as he has about 3 more meets up to Feb to go for it. Most impressive swim for us,maybe was his 1:57.05 200 free.
Angel had pretty good swims considering his state all week. Best placing was 100 fly, first, with 1:00.28, just making a new pb. Worse placing was 17th in breast (1:14.22), still good. Probably best swim for us, was 100 back, placing 5th, 1:03.00.

Next meet for boys, in a month, with a training camp in 2 weeks. Next week for MzTing, doing Provincial Cup.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 04, 2013, 09:49:36 PM »
Psyche sheet up, Mzting best ranking is 19th in 50 & 200 free..32 nd in 100 free, 47 th in 100 fly..oh boy..hope she have the fight or a lil mojo from last weekend..boys won't be there, 16 & over, doh Angel will be starting those cup meets in march.
Ah wonder if ah could get meh compere to make ah fake George Bovell call, wishing her luck, if that will help..na ah, wouldn't want to offend Mr Bovell..anyway, if she just manages close to last week, we happy, we happy.. :praying:

http://www.ddoswim.com/e/news.asp?ID=842
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:45:31 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 09, 2013, 08:44:27 PM »
Mzting improved her ranking in both events 32 nd and 47 th, to 19 th in both...closed in on he best time in 100 free,did 1.00.80..and dropped a 1.5 secs off her best time done last week in 100 fly, down to 1.07.21..
Mammy whisper "ah hope yuh put aside some money to buy a ticket to the TT trials..cause ah think yuh getting take up on that deal, yuh went an make"

on the ride home, madame say she upping her training from 3 to 4 days to get ready for the trip home.  ammmm, trip home ?  she say ""Dad if I can drop another 3 seconds in 4 months, I can medal ? So we going to the trials ? are we Dad, are we"
ammmmm ...hold on darlin   :bringiton: :whistling:  :worried: :praying:

oh gorm..party buss...added 9 secs in 200..2:19...went from 19 th to 34 th..then in the 50 free fall to 36 with one of the worse times since 2011...29.11
Come vex..so me ain't say nuttin..eh heh...ah get buff for not saying nothing..
So I lorse it..and start to answer now..
when the mark buss...start off with the racing suit rip sometime before the race, had to wear the wet training suit from yesterday... ::)  anybody ever hear suffering like that ?  ..well I think the last part get past meh lips...and Mammy start to buff.. Two ah allyuh stop it.. well is now I hot...I slip one little thing and I getting buff...she huffing and puffing, from the time she come..and I slip one, and buff I getting..nah, nah...that cyah wuk so.. by now I driving, so I figuring, nobody cyah touch meh, cause all ah we go dead..so I say all I had to say..Äh doh wha try, everybody trying "ah doh want working hard, everybody wukkin hard. Would like to hear once, ok, I didn't do this, i'll work on that, or something so.. no bout try, I try.. then ah remind her about this video..we laugh and ah think all was good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GEAr47diBfk
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:18:38 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 14, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »
Mzting, had a accident this morning, 2nd degree burn to her thigh, from just above knee to just above middle.Spilled a cup of boiling water.
Swimming is definitely out of the question for at least 3 weeks. She bawl, she bawl, she cry..an I saw the ole lil 5 yr old again, when in the middle of the drama, she  cry " I can't swwwiiiimmmm, I can' t goooo Trin -Id -daaaaaadddd ...ahhhgggg *breath* ahhhgggg"
She's much better this evening, pain, but surprisingly upbeat.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2013, 12:49:06 PM »
Boys just finished provincial traing camp, with some of top coaches in the region. Their coach text us to say they looking great,..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 11, 2013, 10:44:23 PM »
Psyche sheet up..
http://www.cotesaintlucaquatics.com/images/Competitions/HOLIDAYSAGEGROUP13-15dec/

Lilman won't be challenged much..Angel might be, if he is in the mood..Mzting started back training this week, would she go for it or wouldn't she...not expecting anything fantastic but still hoping..lilman close to some age grp records, provincial and National, don't think he can do by himself doh

I fine dey could have arranged the heats better, mammy say that's how it's done on mix age..hmmmnnnn
The fastest guy always in a next heat, and in lilman heat he plenty secs faster than the next competitor..as say to him, it will be hard to even beat yuh time, he said, don't worry, he will have to get used to swimming alone.. :) ??? ::) :-\ ;D.  Just joking dad.  Yeah yeah, I know  :thinking:

Could have had a little more comp. 5 minutes from home..oh well
http://www.ddoswim.com/forms/PsychP2PCSCd.pdf
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:00:23 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>