April 20, 2024, 05:48:07 AM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 166656 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #330 on: December 13, 2013, 11:22:03 PM »
All did best time..in 50 fly heats, lilman broke provincial record 13-14  doing 25.66, previously 26.14.. Angel going in 2nd 15 & over, with 25.49..and Mzting finally went under 30, with 29.74, qualifying 2nd, can she repeat. Add: Angel qualified 4th 100 bk, doing 1.02.41, just making Eastern 16 & u standard of 1.02.50..
We was going that meet for the flies anyway..hope nuttin rotten  ;D
Edit. My bad eastern's is 1 01. 67
https://www.swimming.ca/nationaltimestandards

4 events for lilman tomorrow, 3 for other 2. Is gonna be tuff for evening finals, lilman should win, but swimming back to back races, beating times might not be easy.

add: Good swims on last 2 days. Lilman did 57.08 100 fly SC, also doing a provincial record. .5 away from Ntl. Did 52.90 100 free SC, 1 sec away from Prov.& Ntl record. 1.53.74, in 200 free, 2 secs away form Ntl.

Angel was a littl disappointed with his 24.21 50 free sc,( I had asked for a high 23) but still good improvement. I unfortunately made a comment after that maybe I shouldn't have.i.e. reminded him that a guy he beat over the summer did mid 23. Wasn't necessary, i rightfully get a buff.  :-[

MzTing was ok, given the layoff, but now off schedule to make that Carifta team, which she so desired.
Overall their coach is quite excited at the prospects of better times for Eastern nationals in February. Though he didn't mention MzTing drop off. Hope she doesn't go to deep into a downer, I know she can do it, if she works hard. Kinda tuff with 2nd term College doh.

http://www.cotesaintlucaquatics.com/images/Competitions/HOLIDAYSAGEGROUP13-15dec/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:44:54 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2013, 05:57:25 PM »
Next meet Jan'17. Quebec city (280 km- 3.5 hrs)Team COST : Travel & lodging : ± $100.00
The exact amount will be calculated and you will be billed on your return.

All 3 will be there.
Although The boys are normally to young for this meet,
Junior
16-17-18 ans/yrs
Senior
19 & + ans/yrs
http://ddoswim.com/forms/STDQcCup2j.pdf

Because they have some Eastern National Standards, they will be allowed. Their coach believe it would be good preparation for Eastern's mid February in Windsor (900 km -9.5 hrs)- Team COST : Airfare, hotel and van.
The exact amount will be calculated and you will be billed on your return.
. Welcome to the big leagues. I think Lilman is the one that would be most tested mentally. Angel already had a whiff of the unknown at Carifita. MzTing moving like she doh care if Sunday fall on Monday. Today was last day of school, Tomorrow is last day of training, however they start back with an Inter-Club christmas camp. Twice a day for 7 days, 2.5 hours per session, thus 5 hrs /day. That is a lot of damn driving up an down,( 22 km, one way) and sitting by the pool, trying to get MY work done, and oh gorm...the Cost, the Cost...hmmmnnn..bet mammy ain't digging nothing with that. >:(
http://www.ddoswim.com/forms/SNCStandardsSrNats.pdf
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:10:32 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 28, 2013, 10:11:32 AM »
2nd day of training camp...everybody bawling. bout, oh, "What wrong with this coach at all"
Started Friday, finishes Monday.
8-10 am pool, 2:45-4 Dryland, 4:15-6 pm pool...wha so hard in that  ::) ;D
Me & mammy acting like is normal, everybody does do that for the new year, no ?
ps: Have to congratulate everyone on their report cards, all honour roll. Fantastic stuff. Lilman handed me a letter from the principal. Ah get real nervous, cause ah remember when Garcia send me home with a letter in my day at QRC. Except if I pull belt, Lilman might rip it up like paper.
Well, imagine my face, when it was a congratulatory letter for his academic achievements, being one of the top in his class. Both he and Us really proud.  Who say Lion & Tiger cyah make dolphin ?
Pss: Mzting was vex she lose marks for using a quote " is my way or the high road".. We had fun explaining that..I gave as example " Goat doh make Monkey climb his tree". Even doh it could happen, does not clarify the thought being expressed. She say, 3 weeks now she hating on the poor teacher and he/she was right.. So what yuh learn from that ?, I bother to ask... "Ahh, she was right ?"    :-\
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:50:46 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 05, 2014, 11:17:12 AM »
Bunch of swimmers have jumped to our club from a nearby city club. I heard over 20. Many swimmers and parents afraid it will change the dynamic of the small club atmosphere, including the new families. Already ppl are concerned where - group/level/coach - will there kids be placed. What kind of  training they are getting. Old members, worried about cliques and ostracism.
Mzting don't like the influx, the boys only concern is over-crowdness in lane sets. I am not sure what the head coach will do, however, I think now he will have to have restrictions and/or trials. Mainly due to pool availability and numbers. Not sure of the age distribution, but at least 2 parents were already questioning me about the present training methods and not sure if it will be good for their distance swimming kids. You would think is things they would check out before they jumped. Remember, our club main focus have always been short sets and sprints. Although as mammy verified, it is the new swimming training method based on scientific study. USRPT

My only worry is they do not harass the coaches and start causing no semi-Demi political uneasiness which I have observed at the big club in our area.. I say that out loud, but quietly. The enquiring parents kinda ease away by the time I turn round   ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:45:06 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 16, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »
Everybody was sick this week, Cold. plus Angel had an  ear-infection. Only lilman practice right thru.
However, things seem a little stressed. Lilman and he coach had their 3rd verbal battle in as much weeks. They seem to be making snide comments at each other, and eventually somebody does get vex. Ah keep telling lilman,"hush yuh mouth, it takes 2 to argue"..but it seems he just can't do it..he tell he sister, something bout he not nobody steppin stone, and if anything he should kiss my ass. hmmmm
I gonna talk to him for the last time..i find, both he an he sister later have a problem with ppl in authority acting foolish. Sometimes it best not to respond, but seems they can't help it. I will have to think this one thru and come up with a lesson.
Meet tomorrow. Lilman and Angel underage but invited because they have Eastern Ntl standards.
http://www.rougeetornatation.ca/

psych sheet :
http://www.rougeetornatation.ca/images/cq-2014-liste%20des%20inscriptions%20par%20preuve.pdf
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:24:20 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 19, 2014, 11:26:27 AM »
I must say, I was a little surprised by the inability to beat times. Not disappointed, cause I know the guys were sick and we would have to hope for best.Yet I thought the higher competition(province best, and older boys) would drive them to finish line. Rarely happened, and not just with our kids, but throughout the meet. All swimmers hardly registered best times. Why ?
Mommy figures , 1st meet after holidays, many clubs just finish intensive camps (1 flew in same day from Florida camp), no tapering, and Friday evening, Sat. morn prelims, Sat even. finals, everyone tired. She also thinks, and rightfully so, I make the mistake of comparing with the mindset of Jnr Track meets, and it's completely different.
The Good: Angel went 23.84 in timed final 50 free, tying for Gold and his only Medal. Did do anthr best time 53.41 in 100 fr, placing 8 th.
                Events: 50,100,200 free, 100 breast, 100 fly, 100 IM
                Lilman broke 100 IM 13-14 record placing 9th, won Gold in 200 free, just off best time.
                 Events: 50,200,400 free, 200 back,  100,200 IM

The bad: MzTing did not achieve the Eastern National standards(nor Carifta) that she so desperately wanted. No best times in her 4 events. Although she looked like, and felt herself, she swam well, it didn't translate in times. Didn't know what to say. Had to leave that pep talk for the coaches. Events:50,100 free, 50, 100 fly

Just realize..results sheet was a mess..

https://www.swimming.ca/meetreport.aspx?mid=14978
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:32:18 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »
recently over the last couple weeks Lilman seems not to be his usual confident self. ??? He is already looking at a 13 yr old breaking his provincial records...the telling finality was him announcing in practice "This practice is bullshit"to which Angel said to him "shhh  shhh. Mil. not now, he's jus joking with that set"...so he said it out loud louder making sure to be heard... After a long talk that night and rest of the weekend, come to realize, he doesn't believe in his training and is having unsure thoughts about his coach's training method..hmmmm...plenty talk later. a trip to church..an more talk...I still not sure where he stand or how he plan to push on...All mammy tried to tell him, we believe in him, his coach and everybody believes in him...he has to believe in himself...and if he has doubts, them competitors without doubts will not falter....not sure it was enough...more to follow.. I think this is a 1st major crunch time...partly to do with earlt teenage years insecurities and changing hormones, he might look big and strong on the surface,  but still a baby on the inside..add: an don't know how good he really is, and doesn't trust how amazing he can be..life can be uncertain like that especially when you are quite young and even quite old
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:13:29 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 01, 2014, 10:27:06 PM »
Mzting attended a small meet at one of the big clubs today, in an attempt to get her Eastern national standards. Unfortunately didn't happen. Did 4 events, and had a  best time in 1st event, 50 fly, but lack of training may have showed in back to back swims for finals, giving her  one of her worse career performances. She was surprisingly upbeat though. Possibly because her best swim in 50 fly was 2nd to Kateine Savard, the number 1 flyer in the country at present. Hear MzTing as we were heading home.
"Did you see how I was with her for the 1st 25 ? " ...by the time we got out the parking lot, it was "Did you see how I almost beat her ?"
Savard : 26:33. Mzting: 29.mid. Nantional standard: 29.33, but , Whoa, 3 secs in a 50 is not almost anything..i just said "Yeah girl!" ;D
http://www.camonatation.org/resultats/Fev14/p1p2/Results/index.html

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
Eastern National Psych sheet up
Worse ranking Angel : 68 th; Lilman : 61st
Best Ranking: Angel : 8th ; Lilman : 15 th
http://www.windsoraquatic.com/canwac/UserFiles/File/20140208-EASTERNS-psychsheet.pdf

Lilman and he coach fallout again, he vex the coach sign him up to do  800 Free same day as 200 free & 50 fly, but not for those 2, and possibly 400 IM, the following weekend after Nationals at Provincials. He accusing the coach of trying to sabotage him winning the best boy money. The coach hit him with, if is all about the money, he will give him the $125..as far as he concerned it about his development..Lilman accuse him of looking for fame on his swimming "oh how, he want him to go after the 800 record, that the coach didn't actually train him for"  WHAT ! Look like 'it gonna be a Bumpy Ride' the next few months. I hope they figure each other out and come to some amicable solution before I have to go "Darth Vader" and be bad daddy on both there azzez...
add: even if I really don't know what events should be choseen..yet Lilman has to trust his coach and  not be so headstong , while the coach have to learn how to convince/influence him (and other kids) without being confrontational.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:21:30 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 13, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »
Angel qualified 1st 16 & U 50 fly (5th overall),Lilman 5th 200 free - 22nd overall.
To bad lilman didn't choose 50fly..he would have been in medals for sure, but I think he don't like racing his brother, not a big deal for us, but for him...hmmm
https://swimming.ca/liveresults/2014speedoeastern/

Thursday Final: Angel 1st 50 fly 24.95 (pb). Lilman 6 th 200 free 1.54.34
Friday prelims: Angel 2nd 100 free 52.35(pb). Lilman 3rd 100 free 52.37(pb)  - head to head for 2nd & 3rd in final tonight, hope they can bring it this evening cause 4 th place qualifier 52.81, less than 1/2 second behind. Don't think they beating #1, he going in with a pb 50.51.

Friday Finals: Mammy textin like mad.. Lilman comeback and place 2nd 51.60 (pb), a 4 best allltime 13-14 performance.. However, but still super, Angel placed 4th with 52.20 another (pb), unfortunately another boy pull it out and beat him to the bronze. But finally he getting competitive in the 100s, it about time he start chasing ppl in something other than 50...besides it will only make his 50s stronger/faster. Mammy say lilman was 4 or 5th on the first 50(official times say 4th)..Angel was 3rd. The winner and still number #1, 16 & U in Canada also did a pb of 50.41.  But now the boys are seeing him. Angel had met him before at a tri-provincial meet, and they got to know each other, nice kid..but the #1 14 yr old go be watching him slight (i don't allow no more cuteye).  :devil:

Saturday prelim : lilman in 3 rd in 100 fly, 56.70, .09 secs off the Canadian 13-14 record. Angel had a so-so swim, 59.58,(added .76), but at least making it to b final, though he wasn't happy.
Another TT hopeful Tariq Lashley, also in B final, he did a pb of 59.53. So I getting to cheer twice for 3 ah dem. if ah was dey, me an Tariq dad woulda raise a flag for sure,- besides firing ah couple  ;)

Saturday final: Folks , lilman broke the 21 year old 13-14 Canadian record, doing 55.84 placing 3 rd in the 100 fly. Angel also had a commendable performance doing a pb 57.16 placing 2nd in the B final.
Tariq also had a pb of 59.03.  A real good evening all around..

Tomorrow, Angel is going 50 free ranked 2nd. Lilman doing 200 fly & I'm back to back, ranked 7 th & 21 st respectively

Sunday prelim: lilman qualify 3 rd for final , 2,3,4,5, almost have same time..race for 3 rd. Angel qualiy 2 nd in 50 free, close to best time. Lilman then came 25 th in 200 IM.. Added  3 secs from best time...Mammy say he look real bun..so maybe it's a good he couldn't make. Besides he has to swim it at provincials next week, within his age group..so only fly today. His coach trying to switch him to do 100 free instead of 100 back next weekend at provincials,, think he want him try for Ntl rec. again. Not sure is a good thing, when we talk about record and he is close, he loses sight of performance, and is disappointed when he don't make it. I thinking after the stress of this weekend, maybe he should go for wins next wknd, not times.

Sunday Final : Lilman placed 6th, didn't beat best time, 2:07.59..at least still close to pb..Mammy say he bun at end, his 1st 100 split was 59.77, 2nd 100 split was 1:07.82, it's usually slower, but not 8 secs slower..4 to 5 secs in order, not 8...he have 2 years to figure it out at this level.so he done ahead of the game, already told him that...but never a moment without excitement. Angel do 50 free in a pb, 23.28, placing 2nd. Winning boy did a pb, 22.96. just out touching him. ..reaching home bout 1 am, school in morning for them both, no practice tomorrow ...school(2 exams) & practice  Tuesday..AllHigh school meet Wednesday for him an Angel, followed by practice...travel Thursday after school to Gatineau, for Provincials starting Friday..8 events at Provincials..(last day there , 400 IM,50 fly, 800 free, relay). I think he should chill for a week from swimming after that, and just catch up with school..
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 06:57:00 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2014, 11:34:28 PM »
Yuh know the boy still not happy. He say how he didn't beat any of his 200 times. He ready to start training mornings. We tell him it's a little to soon, not to worry about it, he have time. He say all his competitors doing mornings. It shouldn't be this stressed yet. He really didn't like that last day swim..he wanted to go practice today..mammy put her foot down and say no..ketch up yuh homework. Boy just can't stand losing..all we tell him, most of the boys older, he not buying.. Angel pretty pleased with his weekend performance doh.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2014, 06:59:46 PM »
Congrats Collin. Such fantastic swims. The boys did extremely well! Very proud. Wish we could convince these boys to consistently rep us, but it's early still.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 20, 2014, 10:44:59 AM »
Congrats Collin. Such fantastic swims. The boys did extremely well! Very proud. Wish we could convince these boys to consistently rep us, but it's early still.
Thanks Swima. I not giving in, until final selections, but a will admit, the swim assoc. here wooing them a bit.

Lilman in Provincials, as I said, he not happy, the coach put him in a few events he don't usually swim and he not ranked #1. Including 800, where he going in NT. He thinks the coach sabotaging his saving fund.(swimmer with most points/age group/gender gets $125 award).
 I promise to give him if he don't get and double if he does. Then I backtrack and say, for close to pb, mommy will bankroll everything.  ::) ;D  he laff how ah skate dey

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 24, 2014, 10:11:55 AM »
Provincials 2
 i.e best 11-14 girls, 12 -15 boys in province.

lilman had to work he tail for this one..
So one of the main things he and he coach was fighting over..was the last event..800 free..as a matter of fact, coach had him down 3 events the last day...400 IM, 50 Fly, 800 free..
the 400, he hate, since he get out touch a couple years ago, boy comeback in breast stroke and free and out touch him (as a matter of fact, that boy, won best 15 yr old yesterday). The 800, he feel he hasn't trained for, so how can he just be registered to do that...he thought he would get licks in those races and miss out on the best boy prize($125)...plus this "madman" went and not enter him in his best events, thus his off events ( but left 50 free, & fly) ..he not sure he digging this, the man messing up his savings. Well we talk to him (lilman) and express out agreement with the coach, he needs to be challenged ..dah dah dah... and we will talk to the coach about dropping the 400 IM, especially as he had a productive and difficult swim just last week, and don't want yuh to be too tired...he still vex bout that 800, but he say ok..last day 50 fly & 800 free.
So 1st day, the man went and wuk he tail off, win 200 back(he was ranked 2nd prev) and 50 free.
2nd day, won prelims & finals in 400 free,  100 back(rnk 3rd prev.), and 200 IM...very close race with the boys who were ranked top in 100 bk..I think they didn't like him taking dey shiny thing...he then announce he not feeling well  after prelims, but still went swim finals and won..coach say after he not looking good at all, he is thinking about scratching the 800...Lilman say we will see after the fly prelims tomorrow..sure nuff he scrape thru the fly, adding 1.5 secs...and the coach say nah..he dead..and scratched the 800...
Then for the evening finals, he barely win the thing but pulled it off...won 6 on 6 for 30 points, and even with dropping the last event won best boy. How u feeling mommy ask...he say lil better.
Then as we was leaving i said, man that guy was close in that 50 fly, I thought he was gonna take you..he answered, "I wasn't worried about him dad" ...what  :o  then on the 2 hour drive home, Mammy bring it up again...that fly was real close..he say I was more worried about the 200 im..i think my training not being done properly...oh he eh do, best times, how race was close, and his breast stoke failing him in IM all the time..Huh ? So we spent the 2 hour drive convincing him everything not perfect,he training good, the coaches good, everything good, he real good, he will get better, everybody does , once he works on the things not so good.. don't worry dah dah dah...
I wake up this morning, and thinking back of the wknd...and the last statements about NOT being worried bout his 50 fly yest, etc. etc. didn't swim 400 IM or 800 free..hmmm

I wonder if we get Played  :-\  hmmmm   naaahhh   he game cyah be so good yet.. :-\  Can it..naahhh

Results
http://www.natationgatineau.ca/resultats/2014-02-21/index.html
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:24:51 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2014, 10:19:10 AM »
Mammy had a talk with Angel about representing the RWB. Especially as his coach has indicated he will start prepping him for Jnr Pan Pac trials. We wanted to be sure, so she asked him, when you went to Carifta, you said you had such a good time and enjoyed the experience and representing TT. Are you sure you want to do the Canadian trials. He said he think he does. She said but if you miss, would you represent TT, he said no? why ?
1. I don't want ppl to think i'm just using TT to get where I want to go.
2. I don't want to compete AGAINST Canada, it's my life, my home. Even if i like TT, your home. I don't mind representing TT at regional competitions, but rather not against Canada.

There in, lies the turmoil. I respect that.  :thinking:   Think he have me there. My integrity wouldn't let me undermine his.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 26, 2014, 08:37:56 AM »
 :yawning:   :sleepy: :thinking:  :idea: I think I have something, gonna run it by Mammy, 1st.. (ah doh want no davejenny, so hear this).

If he go Pan Pacs/YOG trials, and don't make, will he rep TT at CISC - or local meets, not Pan Pacs or Youth Olympic games. I am not sure of the time frames, but will check that out. It means doh, he can't do Carifta.
If he rep TT, the only Cad team meet he missing out in the year he will have to sit out is Autralian tour (again if he is selected), which he wouldn't want to go due to the timing, missing a lot of school. So he can reflect & ponder on that experience.  I feel I come good dey with that dream...
 Although MzTing is trying to make that team, by making qualifying times. There is a girl who swims for one of the big clubs representing Bermuda, giving MzTing fight in results, the Bermudian qualifying times is Carifta times.. TT times are set based on the finals of the previous year, therefore way tougher. MzTing not digging that at all, but she told mammy, she giving it a shot. Mammy say, she should forget about Carifta, cause we not flying her down TT to make times/trials, then flying her down to Aruba for meet, that just not affordable.
We will set sights on CISC in July for her as well. Although for allboth of them those Standards not gonna be easy. As a matter of fact, i'm not sure anybody(Age group) locally making those times right now, i might be wrong. Maybe they set to high by the local committee.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:33:59 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 27, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »
This is another concern. Kids are doing well and everything...Mammy haven't recieved full Bill yet, but  guessing the last 2 meets(Windsor, Gatineau) cost us something in the vicinity of $2500 Cad, thank God,Mzting meet this wknd is in town, although she missing a couple best events on Friday due to exams.
We still looking at Pan Pacs in Victoria BC, Age gp Nationals in Winnepeg, Snr Nat. in Vancouver...Not sure me & mammy making all of those...and then CISC in Barbados for anybody, will be a real stretch. Then Canada carrying 4 boys born 98,99 YOG in China. Pan Pacs is in Hawaii, I think the cost will be 1250 per athlete for that, the rest subsidized...if they make, i know for sure we won't have funds to go, but that will definitely omit CISC (for Angel)... Lilman done say he not swimming in August at all..so YOG & pan Pacs out for him, unless they change his mind -- heheh  good luck with that..aye let me check these dates...maybe we afford by process of elimination. I feel we could leave out, although they have standards, or no choice.. Carifta,Aruba(all), Canadian Snr Nationals, vancouver(boys), YOG, China (Lilman),  CISC depends on Pan Pacs Cand Trials (lilman out, both meets PP & YOG in August)...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:39:13 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 27, 2014, 10:05:39 PM »
This is another concern. Kids are doing well and everything...Mammy haven't recieved full Bill yet, but  guessing the last 2 meets(Windsor, Gatineau) cost us something in the vicinity of $2500 Cad, thank God,Mzting meet this wknd is in town, although she missing a couple best events on Friday due to exams.
We still looking at Pan Pacs in Victoria BC, Age gp Nationals in Winnepeg, Snr Nat. in Vancouver...Not sure me & mammy making all of those...and then CISC in Barbados for anybody, will be a real stretch. Then Canada carrying 4 boys born 98,99 YOG in China. Pan Pacs is in Hawaii, I think the cost will be 1250 per athlete for that, the rest subsidized...if they make, i know for sure we won't have funds to go, but that will definitely omit CISC (for Angel)... Lilman done say he not swimming in August at all..so YOG & pan Pacs out for him, unless they change his mind -- heheh  good luck with that..aye let me check these dates...maybe we afford by process of elimination. I feel we could leave out, although they have standards, or no choice.. Carifta,Aruba(all), Canadian Snr Nationals, vancouver(boys), YOG, China (Lilman),  CISC depends on Pan Pacs Cand Trials (lilman out, both meets PP & YOG in August)...

I really envy you, breds!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 27, 2014, 10:29:30 PM »
:-[  i should be thankful..thanks for the wake up call Deeks. Forgot the bottle half full for a second. :salute: :praying:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 03, 2014, 02:03:16 PM »
:-[  i should be thankful..thanks for the wake up call Deeks. Forgot the bottle half full for a second. :salute: :praying:
I hope i'm giving ppl a real indication that none of this easy, niether on the kids nor the parents or anybody involved. Yuh just can't want it and it happen. "Just Do it" is a marketing ploy, not the real world. Bear in mind this is about any young athlete in any elite sporting endeavour.  Fans & "supporters" just hit yuh with, "So you going to the next Olympics"..like if you don't go, u failed or choose not to. A lot of pressure placed on the athlete..meanwhile millions of youths hold these high dreams and only thousands are choosen...and it's rarely a basket dream, many that make, don't get a medal, but a heaving serving of pride, and remain very average and in some cases live below the poverty line as a result, and that is those that make. Give thought to when we see a talented youth and say, he should go play for Manchealseapool, the amount of work, sacrifice & luck that happens to accomplish this.  And that is why I cheer for anyone who could even start on that road. Hats off to them and their families, many bumps and very easy to get lost. U try to plan the route, but life has no GPS/Satellite to gaurantee u getting there..and besides on a very cloudy day and with bad weather, even that won't work properly, u just have to hope you on the right track, and not to many ppl passing you by. Crowded road yet very Lonely.

MzTing thinking about giving up...stressed a lot with College and training, finding a struggle with both. That stress and my work/financial stress, led to a big noise and now...i outta her loop of influence, but I ill be trying to get back in, because i believe in her....even if she don't think so.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:01:25 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 07, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
Angel selected for sprint free to provincial team for the Tri-Province meet in London, ontario in April..pronounced FAR... Interestingly enuff, the only carrying boys 97 & 98.  Lilman has done faster times that the boys those ages selected for fly.

Lilman selected for Provincial team training camp with weekend overnight for 99 & later, in March.. about 1 hr drive..drop off, pick up after a fe days.

MzTing trying to find herself, didn't go swimming a few days this week..again..Yet she seems to be a little excited about her school work..Kick MzTing, Kick  :praying:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 26, 2014, 08:11:58 PM »
I hope i'm giving ppl a real indication that none of this easy, niether on the kids nor the parents or anybody involved. Yuh just can't want it and it happen. "Just Do it" is a marketing ploy, not the real world. Bear in mind this is about any young athlete in any elite sporting endeavour.

No, I think most parents are aware of the expenses and level of commitment it takes to raise a 'good' far more for an 'elite' athlete

I read a stat de odder day that say 7 out of 10 canadian parents take their kids out of hockey in the 1st or 2nd year..simply too expensive...can you imagine how much talent is NOT being tapped if that is accurate

It have a fast rising youth named Josh Ho Sang that OHL/NHL teams watchin tight.....just by chance I was talking to his father at a minor league game last year (ultra-rare to see ah rastaman at a minor hockey arena)..anyway,,de kinda time he spend on de road takin dat kid to games is incredible

I agree with Deeks oui..max you hadda get your salute breds. Not everybody could even begin to think about the kinda commitment and energy you and yuh wife have put in thus far.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 26, 2014, 08:32:31 PM »
Ditto, that!!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:58 AM »
Thanks guys, I will let MrsG know of the blessing u give her... I was complaining and kickin, most of the way..just like our bike ride to Ottawa years ago... Once we got there, discovered was one of my greatest personal accomplishments in life.  - lost that story, on old site.
Yeah we both headstrong, she plenty, me lilbit  ;) , she don't give up on nothing she like, and the more pissed off I get, with she doing it, the more distracted I am of me doing it too..When ah open meh eyes, i realize, i does be seeing/doing wonderful stuff, I won't usually see. Yuh think I will learn. the ppl who know her, know her like that. Is why i love her so, she drives me to new heights (sometimes of madness), and i tend to love every minute of the destination and her company, but the road boy....the road ...remind me of the song..aging myself here, buh allyuh dun know i old no rass..."the road is long, with many ah windin turn"

Off to drop Lilman at his first overnight Provincial Team camp. Only a normal 1 hr drive, but with the snowstorm lastnight, and the bridge i have to take, at lunchtime, going and coming back will take bout 4. Bet meh Boss who didn't call meh whole week calling meh between 10 & 2 today, with some emergency.

Angel & Mammy off to BC on Monday for Canadian Sr. Nationals, his first LC meet of the season, he only doing 3 events, as he has 2 Snr standards. He has a chance of making the Canadian team for the YOG in china if he has outstanding swims, a tall order for first meet.  Pysch sheet here
http://ddoswim.com/e/news.asp?ID=898

ah want to ask him THE question again, but don't want to stress him out more than he probably is..so ah marking time

50 fly: Angel added .42 secs , 26.20 drop from 25th to 37 th.
Tomorrow, 100 free, ranked 89th with 57.29

100 free: dropped 2 secs..did 55.04, placed 86 th. 2 other 16 yr olds beat him..52.11(30 th), and 54.72(83rd) . work to do, if not broken

50 free: 24.54, just equalled best time.

Only made B standard in 50 fly, not one of the qual. Events for Can. Team.
Has until June to achieve more qualif times...but there is no point if no one want to go...but, but, if someone  still considering, there might be an option...is representing about where yuh born, where yuh come from, what yuh believe in, or about who you are, who you carrying, and who carrying you ?

Didn't we have this talk?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:57:09 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 05, 2014, 08:06:24 PM »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 06, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »
Yuh hear bout dis? Mind yuh know.
no joke..when we just joined our club, the next year(beginning of this season) a similarly disgruntled parent was questioning a hike in fees. One of the things the club made mandatory was similar warm up suits and track suits, which had to be paid separately and a increase in membership also demanded and increase in the hiring of coaches, and Madame, was saying the increased fee could not justify the increase cost involved..and what we think..and somebody should explain and justify...nb: she have 3 kids swimming, and a 4th doing something else. She approached us, because an increased fee on any family with more than 1 child, means a substantial (double,triple,quadr etc) increase. She was recruiting a team to demand an explanation from the Administrator, who is also the Head Coach . ...(results to follow..Mzting & Lilman going for a hike/picnic, ah say it cold outside, they say, is the warmest day of the year...it muss be a Canadian ting..let me see them off..brb.)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 08, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »
brb? AWOL

maxg, yuh been gone 2 days  :rotfl: :rotfl:  :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 09, 2014, 06:52:21 AM »
brb? AWOL

maxg, yuh been gone 2 days  :rotfl: :rotfl:  :devil:
;D ah get tie up with a couple errands..
so as i was saying the lady discussing with me about this stuff..
Luckily, mammy happen to mosey along, and she knows the workings. She presented some points..
1. The year before the club was a new club (1 year) and only had a relatively small amount of kids.
2. There was a high influx of kids, new swimmers as well as experienced swimmers transfering from other clubs, maybe as much as 40.
   a. partly because of the reputation & ideas/philosophy of the Head coach and partly due to the many New coaches hired to coach this new increased number of kids.
   b. Partly because of their disgruntledness with the club they were at, partly because of the location and the facilities.
3. With the influx of kids, besides the hiring of New Coaches, there was a seriously increased number of Age Group (11 & over) athletes, ne and existing, who were considered elite, some at the provincial level and a couple at the National level, which meant an increase in expense of travel/accomodation for coaches (& some athletes) to further and more intense competitions, this included her son's group.
4. Even with the increase in fees and expense, we are still one of the lowest cost clubs in the city, as the town council contributes heavily to the program (nb: the mayor is a competitive master swimmer as well), as the swim club and new sport/community complex, contributes to putting the town on the map. Thus any other named club in the city will cost more, even including non-swim activity.
5. Parents are not absolutely required to volunteer to do fund raising and or pay extra for new additional meets, except for usual running of swim meets.

The lady finally was able to consider options, and we never heard much again...though, i'm sure she still grumbles, cause 4 kids in today's society could always be cause for grumble, anywhere you go

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 09, 2014, 07:12:08 AM »
Welcome back ... :)

1]; } ?>