April 25, 2024, 03:38:05 PM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 167276 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #390 on: November 11, 2014, 03:46:48 PM »
Meet looked like it was a lot of fun. Quite fast for this time of year. Really makes me envious when I think of the low quality we have here overall.

Tell Emil to cool it nah. He too big now to be getting vex at every meet. The key to success is knowing when to produce the big performances.
Well, the issues is you have very low number of participants as well. These ppl have lots to choose from..our club alone is about over 500 strong..and 14 and up with snr Nationals is 15, yet there is about 40 snrs..that's just our club,...if you had 500 kids to develop, you must produce a few..
Yeah, Lilman have to get over the tryin times by now..On the same note we don't want to diminish the drive, but time he learn not everyday is Sunday. Especially at this level. Plenty more licks to come. He sometimes to sensitive.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 11, 2014, 07:54:53 PM »
He suffering from Dylan Carteritis. Plentty tough love went into that from ages 12 to 16. They do learn though.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 02, 2014, 02:48:41 PM »
Big meet this weekend, 2 of the fastest youths(USA- Michael Andrews-15 and Andrew Seliskar-18 ) in the world as well as the fastest boy in Canada (Javier Acevado) scheduled for attendance. The new Pan am pool.
http://www.tpasc.ca/view/tpasc/about-tpasc-1/facilities-and-venues
http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/athletics/toronto-pan-am-sports-centre

Meet is 18 and Under. The qualify standards were extremely high, both lilman & Angel only had 1, but able to do 4 Bonus swims. Angel only doing 3 Bonus, lilman doing 4.
Making any finals will be a major accomplishment. Lilman a little stressed, based on his last meet. Mammy is the chaperone/driver. I gettin leff at the gates. Since the accident last meet(the car might be written off), I not to keen on making the drive. I going by train to pickup meh passport, back same day.
http://swimontario.com/liveresults/index.htm
http://www.ddoswim.com/e/news.asp?ID=936

the following weekend, our home meet. (Psyche sheets to follow)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:55:57 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 06, 2014, 06:20:26 PM »
Swima yuh check them times....laaawwwd, dem Andrews are the real deal..and in the girls the  13 & 14 years olds...whheyy

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 06, 2014, 08:14:48 PM »
Yeah boy the times hot for real. Saw Andrew Seliskar in Dubai last year. Juniors are so fast now it'ss ridiculous. I hoping and sswim a masters meet tomorrow, but the sight of these times keeps me firmly in competitive retirement.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 07, 2014, 04:36:53 PM »
How yuh make out, yuh survive ?
Look lilman showing the kids how Trini does warmup

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 08, 2014, 07:06:03 AM »
Boy I just barely survived. My shoulder is killing me this morning. Same reason I had to leave the sport.

Saw the times from Sunday. Seliskar's 200 IM time was insane! I hope the boys appreciated the quality of swimming that exists out there. We in another world down here, so far from reality.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 08, 2014, 04:10:40 PM »
they sure did. Although they were only good enough for B finals (lilman, 5/5 B finals, 3 best times & Angel, 2/4 B finals, 1 best times). Funny doh, coaches were really excited about Angel performance considering his low training, 23.60 50 fr, 57.07 100 fly. Lilman was especially excited about his 2.04.95 200 fly sc, and 1.53:09 200 free sc. I personally liked his 23.72 50 free 1st leg relay. He also did 57.67 in back.

But the star boys, my god. Michael Andrew is 15 but he about 6'4". but see ah lil man take him (pic below) ..and you see the age of the star girls, 13 & 14.
Mathew Mac(16) beat the americans Michael Andrew(15) left Chris Murphy (17)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 10, 2014, 10:54:57 AM »
Lilman learning the "walk on water" trick

Angel and part of the mixed relay team

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 10, 2014, 05:20:06 PM »
Next meet this weekend.. will be a push
http://splash.pointe-claire.ca:8082/

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 13, 2014, 11:44:33 AM »
so far so good..A couple B finals for MzTing (yaaaaayyy) and Lilman. Angel struggling this weekend. Not close to best time, didn't even make B final in 50 free(25.07, 2 secs slower than last week, maybe he should fly)..but still managed to make 50 fly final this evening, going in 6th with 25.75,MzTing finally bring home best times in 50, 100 & 400 free(27.80(prelim, B final tonight), 1:00.32, 4:44.  respectively). Lilman achieve Panam Trial standard in 200 fly(2.03.86)and won a bronze. Other races made Bfinals, 50 free as well as 200 back tonight (no pb).
On the 2 minute ride home,
MzTing hit Lilman, "You playin ting, but you really have to consider reppin TT".
 Lilman : "Why r u always saying that, I have nothing with TT "
MzTing: "What ! Your father,and grands born and grow in TT. Your parents, there cousins, grands and great relatives, rep TT. It like a             family tradition, you might have born here, but your sports roots were born there. You are so connected you don't realize"
Me: *eye open, mouth drop, but proud
Lilman: that might be so, but Canada developed me, TT & I, will be just using each other.
MzTing: 10 ppl might have the standard for Games and Canada may only take one, not you. Unless you are #1 that day.TT will take you.
Lilman: TT may not take me, they don't know me, do they care about the ppl they know, farless don't know? they have ppl, they have George, Dylan, Jabari & Joshua, and maybe Angel if they ask him.
Me: How you know, like you somehow connected or wha ? Any of them fellas talk to you, including Angel ?
Lilman: No.
Me: You should keep options open. If a door is locked, don't give up, try another, all the while checking your pockets for keys. If is your house, all doors locked, and u HAVE to get in, break the damn door down, and fix it back later.
Lilman:  ??? Dad..you always talking some wierd Trini stuff
Me: Trini stuff ?
MzTing: Yeah dad, we love you but you always only talk wierd Trini stuff..Break d damn door dong ?
me:  ??? ??? :-[ :-* but..but..that isn't Trini stuff...ah forget it.. *look alyuh is good kids, we love allyuh no matter what allyuh do.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:18:24 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2014, 04:04:43 PM »
... you always talking some wierd Trini stuff

:rotfl:

With or without paragraphs, we telling you that here LONG! time. :) De most recent was that "just because he have a ras yuh think he's Jesus" line. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 20, 2014, 12:47:52 PM »
Es tu Jack, then falls Anil  :-[ ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 21, 2014, 05:27:55 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 21, 2014, 08:25:09 PM »
Congrats to him and all the others!

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 22, 2014, 07:05:22 AM »
Congrats bro and please relay same to Adrian.

Must address the President's comments in the article though. He has to understand there is a difference between unity and submission. If he thinks we should unite for the purposes of having only some of the community benefit, then I would have to take issue with that. If unity brings out proper democracy, without bullying and political buying, then by all means, let's unite.

Consider this... Mr. Joseph McLeod, the ASATT President won coach of the year for all aquatic sports in 2012, and the coach who guided the youth water polo team to its first world championship qualification did not win.

Mr McLeod qualified to swimmers to World Short Course Championships in December 2012, but was not the closest local swim coach to qualify swimmers to the Olympics that year.

He did not have the greatest number of local swimmers on national teams that year either.

So exactly how does that make one the coach of the year?

Maybe they need some Lasana in their life.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 26, 2014, 06:06:20 PM »
Season Greetings. May 2015 be a better year for all sporting bodies regardless of the differences.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 10, 2015, 04:01:29 PM »
Swima what are your thoughts on swim camps?
MzTing and lilman presently with the club on a 10 day camp in Bahamas? Tough, yes, intense, yes, good coaching, yes...but extremely tiring, expensive, missing school.. Not sure this is for everyone, especially my own. They have been doing quite well without so far, as we are new at the club, found it difficult to say no,but not sure we will say yes again. They work hard enuff as it is. Lilman got fever but still trying to swim thru it, and when he gets back, straight into exams, so he's trying to study as well..sounding like to much. Or is this normal at this level. All snrs as of Now.
Back 13 th,school/exams rest of week, 1 day 3 events Saturday. Not geared for performance, just to get feel for LC races.
Any thoughts. I believe in playing and planning to perform, thus in swimming case, choosing appropriate meets.
Would love to hear your view on these camps.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:03:48 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 12, 2015, 06:52:28 AM »
I'm actually a fan of it from the perspective of team bonding and dedicated periods of work. However, coming from Trinidad, where training habits can be helter skelter due to all of the things wrong with elite performance locally, I think it can be a really useful tool at high school level here. Not too sure it's absolutely necessary in areas where the sport is properly developed and highly competitive.

College and elite level, it is great and highly encouraged/necessary.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 13, 2015, 11:38:21 AM »
thanks Swima, will discuss the experience with them. From the training lilman and MzTing described, glad Angel didn't go, he would be x-swimmer today. and I don't mean x for extreme. However, the ppl who didn't go did the normal practices plus, as the Coach made a high intense program for them as well, though not as much as the Bahamas campers. Lilman got sick - cold and cough - but he tried to maintain. They other beef was how cold the pool was. MzTing said, one morning she couldn't feel her feet. They arrive tonight. 3 events Saturday, MzTing doing 6. They gonna be to tired to perform properly, but I think that's part of the idea. Quite a bit of heavy duty hitters from Ontario coming, but the coach is only using the meet as a training session, not an important one.
http://www.camonatation.org/resultats/CoupeEst/Results/index.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:40:19 AM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 13, 2015, 12:32:36 PM »
That's the next thing. Cannot have a winter camp in warm climate, and call Bahamas in January "warm" I woulda be vex too.

Small ting, Couva opening by middle of this year, you could send them down next January.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 13, 2015, 06:31:42 PM »
Flight & Accomadation cost are usually the main obstacles with anything to do with sports & Canada. But better believe I will push it hard.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 14, 2015, 02:36:28 PM »
MzTing say she eh doing another camp..not only she didn't like the hotel,the bed, her roommates, the food, the pool. She discover eh eh, she doh like swimming that much either. Bahamas nice, but is no TT.
Lilman say they should do the same camp, HOME. To many variables affecting the training. He would rather focus on the training and not have to wonder/worry about all the other stuff around.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2015, 11:31:51 PM »
Both Lilman & MzTing missing the meet this weekend. He have the flu and she have a nerve/tendon problem with swollen knee. I don't think the camp did them well. Only Angel doing 3 events.
add: Forgot to mention, Angel made all 3 B finals 50 free, 50 back, 100 fly. No best times but a good showing although he placed last in the 50 back.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:45:56 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 20, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »
Mammy privy me, the boys are thinking of Panams for TT. Well of course provided they make the team. They have 1 or 2 B standards, but hoping for A standards at Eastern Canada championships in a month. Lilman lil worried doh, cause of his still being sick, but he have a month to get up to speed.
 Apparently, MzTing and teammates were breaking Lilman down at the camp, and he said he will consider it, if his coach is for that.
I would have liked them to try for Carifta but it happens to be same weekend as Canada Panam trials. Mommy thinking it would be best Angel try for Carifta, and Lilman do the trials. Simply cause if Lilman makes TT it would primarily because of his 200 fly and other non sprint races. Whereas Angel would need to prove himself, as TT has quite a few sprinters in Dylan, Joshua, Jabari, Mcleods etc..but maybe able to make a relay with some good performances.  Keeping an eye on possibilities, of course it depends on performances not yet achieved. Will see how things go by Easterns, if not tops we won't bother requesting a look..and just do Panams trials. We also have to look at cost. As P2 in Gatineau, Easterns in Quebec city, Carifta in Barbados, MzTing trying for CCCan - doh know where that is, and like before, we don't expect anybody to pay for any of it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:49:34 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 21, 2015, 06:49:35 AM »
I love how this sounds. I believe Pan Am deadline for qualification is April 15th. Some of the college guys who do not have times yet are looking at meets around early April as well. Maybe right after NCAA's. The Pan Am team could be very strong this year once proper planning is in place to ensure strong representation. Multiple finalists and medals beyong George Bovell, plus a relay contender.

Would love to have Lil Man go for that 200 fly. Keep me posted.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:19:49 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 16, 2015, 10:20:24 PM »
Easterns , boys rankings between 9th and 72 nd. Although lil easier for lilman as there is 16 & Under, while Angel competing Open. Gonna be hard.
http://ddoswim.com/e/news.asp?ID=957
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:24:36 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 26, 2015, 02:32:41 PM »
Mammy has submitted the boys LC times to Swim TT via Mr. Wickham. The club head coach says if they are selected he will appoint a coach to travel with them.
As far as lilman is concerned, he is going to check with Swim Canada if it ok though, as they have him on a long list for a swim Camp in Australia. If we get him to swim for TT , he could possibly break some records as well as he might enjoy the experience and rep TT permanently. We haven't discussed with him yet, but we think if the coach say ok, he will be ok with it. However, he will miss Canada Panam trials, which he wanted to do. His main concern used to be, he didn't want to take someone place, but TT doesn't have anyone to do longer events like 200 fly or 400 IM or stuff like that, so hoping all parties in agreement, including him.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:39:11 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 26, 2015, 08:37:53 PM »
Easterns , boys rankings between 9th and 72 nd. Although lil easier for lilman as there is 16 & Under, while Angel competing Open. Gonna be hard.
http://ddoswim.com/e/news.asp?ID=957
Not bad for a 1st long course meet..but unfortunately not much best times either. Angel has an ear ache, but is still swimming at Senior Provincial, as well as MzTing, on Saturday & Sunday, she missing 2 of her better events on Friday, due to exams.
 Psych sheets up.
http://www.ddoswim.com/e/news.asp?ID=961

Slightly different format this year, where they have seperated AA and AAA swimmers. So one might see 2 groups for the same event.

Excitement. On this Last day : MzTing made 2 B Finals - 200 free(2.10.7) & 50 fly(29.59). Within 100s' of a second to best time. Angel qualified 1st for final in 50 fly(25.22). However, we know them fellas does play dead to ketch corbeau alive, then they try to eat the corbeau raw. He would have to do a pb to fight them off, but just making the A final is an accomplishment. Heading off now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:24:23 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>