March 29, 2024, 01:48:48 AM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164815 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #420 on: March 02, 2015, 07:35:54 PM »
Mammy has submitted the boys LC times to Swim TT via Mr. Wickham. The club head coach says if they are selected he will appoint a coach to travel with them.
As far as lilman is concerned, he is going to check with Swim Canada if it ok though, as they have him on a long list for a swim Camp in Australia. If we get him to swim for TT , he could possibly break some records as well as he might enjoy the experience and rep TT permanently. We haven't discussed with him yet, but we think if the coach say ok, he will be ok with it. However, he will miss Canada Panam trials, which he wanted to do. His main concern used to be, he didn't want to take someone place, but TT doesn't have anyone to do longer events like 200 fly or 400 IM or stuff like that, so hoping all parties in agreement, including him.
The man wha know wha madness I talking about 400 IM.. He say did you see my 400 IM last time. I say "yeah, it was pretty good". He say "Good, cause yuh won't see it again "   :rotfl:

add: Coach says Swimming Canada say if Lilman swim for TT at Panam , he will have to sit out 5 years from Jnr ID teams. He get a little worried as he didn't want to make such a major decision yet. I thought FINA say 1 year- as he lives here, that's probably their rule to further discourage. He and his coach will discuss what's best for him. As stated his coach is encouraging them to go Carifta, if selected, and is willing to send an accompanying coach, as he will be at Panams, and the TT coaches may not know them.( oh gorm, I might have to skip) They will discuss the Panams and what's best after. The Coach says his priority is the swimmer, regardless of the country. Is this Coach good or what ? I think so.
I wonder if Lilman will be mentally ready for a meet like Carifta, I found it could be intimidating, the whole reppin  a Country thing, so much is expected. However with Angel there, he might be able to handle it. I think Angel handles the Big Meets better, and has done a Carifta. Lilman tend to get a little tense, but I think the atmosphere I experienced at Carifta he would find quite interesting. Although might cost us a bit, we hoping they get the email.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:16:06 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 03, 2015, 08:08:37 AM »
Team selection is tonight. I will likely only have 1, and the team will probably number no more than 20. Lean times indeed.

BTW, did you submit your Pan Am information for the long list?

Good luck.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 04, 2015, 06:16:01 AM »
Congrats to Angel and lil man on making the Carifta team. Lil man to make his TnT debut.

Congrats maxg. I know you smiling broadly inside.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 04, 2015, 06:14:32 PM »
Congrats to Angel and lil man on making the Carifta team. Lil man to make his TnT debut.

Congrats maxg. I know you smiling broadly inside.
Thanks Swima. I have to thank MzTing and the Coach for the convincing of Lilman. I think it will be a great opportunity to be part of the TT team, if not just for the Carifta experience, but to get to know the TT coaches & swimmers as well, and hopefully develop some friendships. Of Course doh, MzTing say she deserve ticket to, cause it she did all the mouth work, so mammy call family trip. I was brakesin, as this swimming thing starting  to real cost. "What no gate receipts ?"  :D
The deal we made with Lilman is he won't have to do the Panams if he doesn't want, as the Swim Canada decision had him a bit unnerved. I hope as usual they both give good representation. Lilman dun start looking at times ahready, hopefully he won't get to nervous. Although once competition start, I think he'll be fine.
 Angel is still undecided, hoping for improvement in times first, not sure he has any standards. Mammy keeps more abreast than I.
Meanwhile MzTing training hell hard, cause she say, she have to get on that Panam team, or at least CCCan. Then she start singing "Lucy"with the usual Í doh know what"accent.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 06, 2015, 08:43:46 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Marsden-Martin-to-spearhead-TT-Carifta-squad-295110191.html

Canada to Bbdos, so far costing us 5k Canadian, ah hope it have plenty mango & guava tree in Barbados, cause look like, that will have to be breakfast and supper..for lunch, we jogging from pool to apartment. That is the extreme supporters package...when we come back if that groundhog don't show he face, and end Winter, is ah stew pot happening, doh ask what ah digging up, won't be gold..
the boys alone 2 K Canadian to rep, mammy say we might as well make a family trip, so 3 k more.. Mating  at CCcan, was 1k, not counting the plenty + k Can we already spend THIS YEAR to keep them up to speed. Mammy doesn't let me see that bill cause of. Meh age.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:34:26 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 18, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »
Frig..Angel talking about quitting again.. Don't know if it's the pressure of the Carifta meet, get in noise with mammy about it. Didn't go practice this morning. hmmm.. well we dun book..so we going.    :banginghead:  :cursing: :cursing:

add: now he sick.. 2 nd day no training. I not gonna yell and scream yet. :-X  :-\

MzTing away on a University visit. 3 offers on table..all academic. Two still to expensive for my taste. Local home Universities, looking reeeall good to me. How ppl afford to go to school in that place..and the students here protested for a month, cause the fees were raised $300/year. Meanwhile one year in the US, could cover a whole programme here. I not paying for no warm weather.  :devil:

day3: he home from school sick, and now I having headaches too    not now    :(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:53:53 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2015, 10:26:01 AM »
back in the pool day 5. reach practice 2 hrs late, but because of train issues. So at this point, do you train or continue Taper..Swima, I not asking or discussing nothing. I doing like my part dun.
Hopefully if we make a couple finals we will be seen here.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:28:08 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 31, 2015, 08:54:20 PM »
Now Lilman have cold.. :frustrated:

Tickets bought, bags pack, we in Barbados tomorrow..man go have to band dey belly an kick,kick,kick..
Lilman listed as 16, instead of 15, but no matter, he will have to bring all he have to get a medal..big league starts now
Angel looking good for one in 50 fly. Time to get going. good luck boys

http://swimbarbados.com/calendar/62/94-CARIFTA.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:05:23 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 01, 2015, 08:15:56 AM »
Angel will have his hands full in that 50 fly with the Surinamese swimmer, but whoever wins, I expect to see a Carifta record next to their time.

The boys will do well bro, it's a fun meet, but just the beginning. This year we have Commonwealth Youth Games in Tahiti, and World Juniors in Singapore. Lot's to consider.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 05, 2015, 06:32:41 AM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 05, 2015, 06:51:54 PM »
Maxg, that is you in the red jersey and the bottle of white beer?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 06, 2015, 08:27:12 PM »
Maxg, that is you in the red jersey and the bottle of white beer?
yuh ketch meh behavin meh self . ;)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 06, 2015, 08:34:24 PM »

Not close to best time, but happy with the win, more critical, I think they both are enjoying the experience..everyone asking if they are twins as they have them both as 16. Lilman was supposed to be 15.
 Only angel left with 50 free & relay tomorrow ..
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:45:36 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 06, 2015, 08:58:17 PM »
Congrats,max!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 07, 2015, 03:56:26 AM »
All now you and Swima saying: ah love it when a plan comes together. Congratulations!!!!!

There seems to be a message in this for T&T football because transactions involving foreign-based don't go swimmingly.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 07, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »
Fellas I am not a big fan of swimming. How would allyuh assess T&T Carifta performance so far? I know Bahamas and Barbados always had good Caribbean swimmers.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 07, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »
Any results?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 08, 2015, 08:57:19 AM »
Congrats Maxg, I'm happy to see your sons did well and they're enjoying the experience while representing T&T. Standing on top the podium is always a good feeling ;D

What events did they enter?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 08, 2015, 09:04:46 AM »
Fellas I am not a big fan of swimming. How would allyuh assess T&T Carifta performance so far? I know Bahamas and Barbados always had good Caribbean swimmers.

From what I read in the papers we running 3rd despite some good performances. I hope swimming not ketching the TF sickness.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 08, 2015, 09:18:27 PM »
Congrats to T&T medal winners. I hope we have some swimmers in this team who will go on to win Olympic medals in the sport

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/TT-finish-3rd-in-Carifta-swimming-299139831.html

And Team Trinidad and Tobago finished the pool competition in third sport behind back-to-back champions the Bahamas and hosts Barbados at the Aquatic Centre in Wildey, Christ Church Tuesday evening.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 09, 2015, 06:59:56 AM »
Certain things happened in local sport in the summer of 2010, and the correlation between these events and the decline in performances in the carifta teams, and swimming on as a whole cannot be ignored.

For one, the then Minister of Sport publicly admonished the aquatic director at SPORTT on what could only be perceived as a personal vendetta, as no evidence brought forth to date supported the accusations leveled at the individual in question.

The ASATT executive voted in later that year was a boys club seeking to alienate those they didn't like, or showed strength in opposing their plans. The current version is simply a reincarnation of the slate voted in 2010 and there is no real leadership as no strategic plans have ever been proposed with regards to junior or senior swimming. It has always been a 'lewwe see what will happen' strategy.

I would argue that when I got into local coaching in 2007, there was some semblance of a plan. Things became more concrete after Beijing and were moving nicely, hence the 2009 and 2010 dominance in swimming.

Now, with no plan in place, it's been over 4 years since we have won a carifta swimming championships. This is a meet that we placed no lower than 2nd since the 80's.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 09, 2015, 09:05:09 AM »

it's been over 4 years since we have won a carifta swimming championships. This is a meet that we placed no lower than 2nd since the 80's.

doh tell we they ketch the TF bug!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 10, 2015, 03:08:56 PM »
waiting till ah in a more diplomatic frame of mind, before I write my version of the events..if at all.
However, the kids enjoyed representing and making new friends. Can we afford representing regularly, no.  :(

Will we keep trying, yes. :worried:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 10, 2015, 03:27:29 PM »
Swima.. Angel was having a good swim in 50 free final till he breathe, then he took this massive breath, then went down again..but already lost it..mammy told him, guy maybe you taking to long to breathe..try taking smaller breaths earlier nah..
eh heh..

even if yuh add a .6 or so reaction time..still pretty decent..mind you he was trying to run down the Surinam final leg as they were leading..so that's partly what drove him..it happened to be Zuhayr Pigot (winner of the 50 free in 23.88)..that beast went 23.46..
feel like Mammy & Maurice might have been the only coaches...and they ent listening to mammy much.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:25:47 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 10, 2015, 08:33:28 PM »
Max, Jabari Baptiste father and uncle went QRC. The uncle Mortimor may have been in your age group. Not sure.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 11, 2015, 06:31:53 PM »
Saw that maxg. Monster split by Angel. That kind of pepper is needed for the pot in the elite TNT 4 x 100 free relay pool of swimmers. That is one of the fastest splits in Carifta history, if not the fastest.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 11, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »
Max, Jabari Baptiste father and uncle went QRC. The uncle Mortimor may have been in your age group. Not sure.
Yes, you told me, checked his dad & mom. But don't remember the guys. But hear how the world small, Jabari godfather /uncle is my close limin buddy from teen years.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 11, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »
Saw that maxg. Monster split by Angel. That kind of pepper is needed for the pot in the elite TNT 4 x 100 free relay pool of swimmers. That is one of the fastest splits in Carifta history, if not the fastest.
Still need to do lotsa work on the 100. Coach still trying to find the training mindset switch, for now we happy he still swimming..but if we find that switch.. All fall down, To the ground  ( if anybody remember that guy, yuh real old)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 11, 2015, 08:41:03 PM »
Congrats Maxg, I'm happy to see your sons did well and they're enjoying the experience while representing T&T. Standing on top the podium is always a good feeling ;D

What events did they enter?
http://swimbarbados.com/news/187/65/XXX-CARIFTA-Results.html
Lilman 100, 200 free; 100, 200 fly; 100 back; 200 IM, 800 relay,400 medley relay
Angel 50, 100 free, 50, 100 fly; 200, 400 relay, 400 med relay
Thinking I miss one

add: thanks
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:05:04 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 11, 2015, 08:42:32 PM »
Certain things happened in local sport in the summer of 2010, and the correlation between these events and the decline in performances in the carifta teams, and swimming on as a whole cannot be ignored.

For one, the then Minister of Sport publicly admonished the aquatic director at SPORTT on what could only be perceived as a personal vendetta, as no evidence brought forth to date supported the accusations leveled at the individual in question.

The ASATT executive voted in later that year was a boys club seeking to alienate those they didn't like, or showed strength in opposing their plans. The current version is simply a reincarnation of the slate voted in 2010 and there is no real leadership as no strategic plans have ever been proposed with regards to junior or senior swimming. It has always been a 'lewwe see what will happen' strategy.

I would argue that when I got into local coaching in 2007, there was some semblance of a plan. Things became more concrete after Beijing and were moving nicely, hence the 2009 and 2010 dominance in swimming.

Now, with no plan in place, it's been over 4 years since we have won a carifta swimming championships. This is a meet that we placed no lower than 2nd since the 80's.

This...where do we start repairs... Is repairs worth it. Should we scrap and start anew . Can the institutionalized politico will be subdued in the best interest of any sport in TT..i.e the physical health of the ppl of the country.. Even as the mental health is suspect and so politically guided.  ??? ???
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:42:12 AM by maxg »

1]; } ?>