March 28, 2024, 09:00:52 AM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164757 times)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #510 on: April 01, 2016, 08:38:22 AM »
maxg what happened at CARIFTA Swimming? did our youngsters underperform again?

Trinidad and Tobago ended the competition with five gold, 10 silver and 13 bronze when finishing a distant ninth of 17 countries

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160327/sports/carifta-swim-gold-for-ross-goin

Well done with your kids maxg. Congratulations. I will definitely let Ian know. right now his mom is very ill, so just letting him know you are asking for him will bring him some comfort

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 06, 2016, 09:11:08 AM »
Congrats to lilman on his new national open record in the 200m butterfly this morning at the Canadian trials. Maxg I noticed that he has no asteriks next to his name. Will the Trinidad record still count if he is considered Canadian in this race?   ;D
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 06, 2016, 09:37:55 AM »
Dylan Carter just broke George's 100 back national record becoming the first athlete from TnT under 55 seconds in the event. And to think we didn't even train backstroke this last cycle!

Two open records in the last hour!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 07, 2016, 09:44:36 AM »
Congrats to lilman on his new national open record in the 200m butterfly this morning at the Canadian trials. Maxg I noticed that he has no asteriks next to his name. Will the Trinidad record still count if he is considered Canadian in this race?   ;D
:applause: Congrats to you and your son Maxg

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 07, 2016, 10:18:24 AM »
Well done! :applause:

Swima, dahis two days in a row yuh bring record-breaking news. Ah looking out fuh yuh tomorrow coz yuh on ah hattrick.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 07, 2016, 11:30:02 AM »
Thanks all, not about race nor colour of the flag, red & white or red & white & black, we represent many ppl, many colours, many races, born Canadian raised as a ole time Trini youth(plenty mixes dong dey)..your honor, let the record show, we need to break a few more, not to be destructive but constructive.. rest my case  ;-)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:41:25 AM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 07, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »
Well said my friend. An athlete who reps the red white and black is a Trinbagonian no matter where he or she was born or lives. There is no distinction when the results are displayed.

Coincidentally, Dylan Carter was born in the US and was raised in Trinidad and Tobago by Trini parents. Go figure!

We going for the 100m free tomorrow!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 07, 2016, 01:19:33 PM »
Well said my friend. An athlete who reps the red white and black is a Trinbagonian no matter where he or she was born or lives. There is no distinction when the results are displayed.

Coincidentally, Dylan Carter was born in the US and was raised in Trinidad and Tobago by Trini parents. Go figure!

We going for the 100m free tomorrow!
don't know what going on here, but Canadian men suffering. They set the bar to be A standards, and only one male in so far. btw, he was one of the boys direct competitor. Don't know what going on with the older stars...in addition, no girls from Quebec on team yet.
Dylan in with the back, so now is bonus. Is it possible we can put a relay team this year ? George, Dylan, Joshua and Jabari ? if not then Japan. I have 2 support guys in mind, if they keep up.

add: Mammy say we have a slew of guys.. Blondell et all... but how have they been doing ? haven't heard from them in awhile...the yards times don't compute.
add: after the 100 prelims, i see i was getting lilbit carried away..doh Dylan sitting nice
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:47:29 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 10, 2016, 11:41:35 AM »
Dylan in with B in 50, trying for the A this evening. Joshua will have to continue trying,not in as yet. Only needs less than .5 sec. A lot in 50, but still has a bit of time.
add: Swimming mammy point out.. Dylan not in, he has to get an A standard as George already in with A. Don't think Joshua making that this time around, and even if he does, he will have to beat Dylan, not happening.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:26:07 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 11, 2016, 01:16:09 PM »
From Mammy
To the ASATT

First of all, I would like to say that I consider myself and my family very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to represent Trinidad and Tobago in sports. It is an experience we will never forget, I will never forget the first time I wore the red, white and black uniform and I know my children will have great memories.

I hope no one takes offence but there are some things that could have made the experience for the kids representing Trinidad and Tobago even better and I would like to share my reflections on Carifta 2016

1) Team uniform and caps -
  We were told that the team would not be provided with caps or track suits, but were given the opportunity to buy them if we wished. Every other team had caps and suits, you wore your team cap while racing and your track suit on the podium. I saw swimmers with different caps and sometimes we could not even tell who was the Trini swimmer in the water. One of the relay teams went to the podium in three different track suits.  In swimming there is not much opportunity to "wear de national colours", but the caps are it, as a supporter you want to see the red, white and black. It's nice if your name on it, but if it adds to the expense we could do without. I suggest we order and have a stock of T and T caps on hand, one design, that is provided to all national team members when, they represent. It is a good investment and the pride it brings to the swimmers and supporters is priceless.
 In Trinidad we big on uniforms, to wear the red , white and black is an honour. May I suggest we  also invest  in a team shirt and track suit, the kids were given different coloured t-shirts for each day, perhaps it would be better to ask the sponsors to support the team in purchasing track suits and perhaps one travelling shirt and one team shirt.

2) Support and advertise the youth. This is an age group meet with kids from 11 to 18, keeping kids in sports is an investment in their future, it keeps them focused, disciplined and hopefully healthy. We cannot all win and everybody in the sport hopefully understands the vagaries. It is hard to win when you in "de bottom of de age group " in 13-14 age group, not many 13 year olds win. In 15-17 , not many 15 year olds win. We want the 13 year old to come back when he is 14, we want them to learn to learn from the losses, to grow to learn life lessons about winning and losing. Trinidad went with a young team this year and the 13-14 boys age group had a single swimmer.
 Reaching finals is a great accomplishment, winning medals, even greater, getting gold, great, but going out there and fighting and improving your times are all goals to work towards and should be encouraged. The top 3 teams had the most supporters, the most updates on social media and praised were very supportive of the kids accomplishments. I invite you to look at the Facebook page of the Barbados swimming association as compared to ASATT's Facebook page. You could swear we did not have a team at Carifta . Where is SWIMTT's PR people ?Why was there so little information being shared , who was responsible for the contact with the Trinidad newspapers.  The articles and headlines in the Express could not be any more negative "Carifta swimmers struggle on day 2" , because although they won medals, it wasn't enough, because we wasn't winning the whole thing.  At the end of the competition we were 5th overall based on points but 9th based on medals and the media highlighted the more negative 9 th medal placing, contrast this to Barbadian press positive portrayal of their team, who actually placed only one spot higher based on points.  One or two outstanding athletes can win a lot of medals, especially at the age group level, however the points placing represent a team effort based on placing kids in finals and winning relays. Is this not what our kids should be learning by participating in sports and about contributing to the team effort ? Don't get me wrong, we have to aspire to be on the podium too, but clearly we need to look at what we are doing. Most of the podium placings and all 3 individual gold were won by athletes training outside of Trinidad. The Guardian write up was more positive but not easily accessible online.

Those of us in sports know, we have to take the bad with the good, we have to stick with it, work hard and build if we want to excel. If we want to get back on top  we have to be accountable and we have to support the athletes so that they keep putting in the work they need to achieve .

3)" De foreigners" As a parent of some foreign born Trinis, I was happy that my kids could experience "we culture" and contribute to the Trinidad team points. It's not always easy to fit in, but they did and enjoyed. Most teams have "the foreign based crew" so who is we. We select the best team with the same rules that apply to everyone and it encourages the local swimmers and de foreign born to work hard to be selected. It was a pleasure to see the kids all bonding and working together, foreign based or not, let's hope the parents and association can encourage this positivity.

We definitely have work to do, as  parents and as an association if we want our teams to get back to being number one, we have to encourage our kids to participate, train hard and provide them the tools to succeed. We have to make them proud to represent, we definitely need better PR representation, why the press negativity ? Who sends them the info ? How can we get more supporters to the meet ? When we will have 30 or more supporters all wearing Trinidad labelled shirts beating iron in de stands like Guadeloupe and the Bahamas. Can we fundraise at the club levels to facilitate this ? Where are our association members representing at the opening ceremonies ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 11, 2016, 04:45:41 PM »
maxg, very good revelation.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 13, 2016, 12:35:20 PM »
No uniforms yuh got to be kidding
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 13, 2016, 12:51:16 PM »
maxg, very good revelation.
that was mammy's, will let her know, mine were quite similar and possibly influenced by some of the few local parents who attended. Although most were positive, there was some complaint of overall technical and chaperoning level. Subsequently, it won't be fair of me to comment more,as I myself was not fully aware of what occurred behind the scenes and I didn't want to put the boys on the spot by asking. However, my boys did seem more relaxed with the whole technical staff and this could also have been partly due to our accompaniment of one of our club coaches, who actually knew our boys capabilities. Did the other kids receive pertinent advice and preparation, not sure. Thus from a far, i would say, good team management.
  Having 1 boy in the 13-14 age group however, missed the opportunity of a whole lot of events and thus points unclaimed for TT. Still, well done Luke, he fought every race and managed to medal. Yet as i said last time, a point here a point there, we might still be 5 th, but the experience could bode well for future.
The swim assoc, has to find ways to develop and grow interest in the sport, and not be figureheads and distribuors of awards, not leave attraction & info only to the clubs. Big up your young re-presenters and let ppl know the character building work that your coaches try to implement with the little cost involved. I know it's asking a lot of TT, but we have to remove the politics from the sport, there is not enough funding and support to maintain the division in quality ppl. 

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 14, 2016, 10:15:46 AM »
Brudda, it's caled strategic planning, and if those in positions of influence cared one bit about swimmers not under their perview, then we would be seeing a larger group of swimmers competing at a higher level.

Dare I say, those who have been placed in executive positions in aquatics not only hold a myopic view of swimming, but life in general. Therefore their knowledge base is that of persons incapable of doing the prescribed jobs they hold.

When you fail to hold proper strategic meetings on a regular basis, and rely on the good nature of those within your community to help you (inspite of thos same individuals being regularly shafted by you and your 'policies') you end up left with nothing.

I am not ashamed to say, I personally helped the first vice president on many an occasion with regard to research and setting policy and criteria. He now considers me a trouble maker because I speak the truth about what Can be perceived as nepotism and corruption in aquatics. The result of that is that he no longer calls on me for help. As such, this is what happened just last weekend during our CISC 10k trial race:

*They do not release the race info until last Wednesday, for a race carded for Saturday.
*They do not publish criteria for qualification (the whole reason for the race) until prompted several times, and then do so, two days prior to the meet.
*Upon releasing the criteria, they are reminded that the basis for the criteria is faulty, and it needs to be reviewed.
*A last minute set of criteria is salvaged and agreed upon on Friday, due to the tardiness in it being proposed
*When the race is completed, the times appear to be faster than normal, but this is open water and conditions dictate time as much as anything else
*They then propose that they probably laid the course incorrectly and will recommend an independent body to lay the course next time
*One coach, (who coincidentally is affiliated with the President) recommends that the times cannot reflect a true 10k and that the race be reswum.

Here is my beef:

*You submit a joke of a criteria mere days before the race without establishing an annual set of criteria since last year for this year
*You discredit your athletes by saying they must have swum too fast to swim those times so the course was incorrectly laid.
*Then you get your technical "friends" to say openly that the swimmers who worked hard for their achievements should do over a 2 hour race for an error you have no proof of, and if true, YOU committed!

This is how this sport is currently being run, and if people like myself didn't speak out weekly and monthly about the atrocities of this administration who cannot do their jobs, nor get their affairs in order, we would be worse off.

Imagine Maxg, they want to propose an Olympic developmental plan that excludes foreign based athletes from benefitting because they are not subjected to the conditions we face locally. can you believe that? So why not make your plan about improving the conditions locally? It boggles the mind. If you identify a problem, why would your strategy consist of hurting those not entirely affected by it. Look at the problem and fix it bit by bit and everyone benefits!

The problems are lack of pool time, lack of pool space, lack of quality facilities, lack of coaching resources, then FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST FIX IT! or at least show that you are trying! But your agenda is to hurt those who compete against you and make yourself look good, and that it why they will never prosper. The problem is, they are taking the country's aquatic athletes down with them.

On another note Maxg, did the third coach on the team, stay for the entire meet? Do you know where he went before the meet was over? Did you know he holds no coaching credentials? Did you know he is a parent in Mr McCleod's (ASATT President) club, and his position there forced a former national swimmer and now coach of YMCA Tobago off the team? After all that publicity about money being properly spent, they sent this person to the meet, who, from what I understand, did not even stay the whole meet, but went elsewhere (on vacation possibly).

They must be moved now!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 15, 2016, 05:00:34 PM »
wow...have to give all this some thought.. will discuss after... I fully understand your concerns and frustrations. It's so typical doh, yet if we are to progress as a country, in sport and in life, these attitudes must change or be changed. With so much education and knowledge at home and those that went away and had the opportunity to further develop across so many social, cultural and business professions, it's kinda sad, that this type of organization operation and politi-egotistic agendas still pervade. How far to the next elections and what are the other possible avenues to address the type of disorganization you so clearly demonstrate ? I know Mr. Wickham was involved in a group that sort to make positive changes, but they quite surprisingly(to me, at least)  lost the elections and I wasn't sure why.

add: Wasn't aware of a 3rd coach.  Just Maurice & Dexter, the chaperones and the Manager. Again, i'm trying to keep the boys outta the mud, so won't ask them. Yet, sounds so unfortunately wrong.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 19, 2016, 07:31:51 AM »
Good to hear that Point Fortin has included an invitational swim as part of its upcoming 36th borough anniversary celebrations.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 22, 2016, 06:08:05 AM »
team champs div 1
SC prelims; LC finals
http://www.camonatation.org/resultats/Equipe/Results/index.html

add: Friday's Morning session cancelled, problem with boom. Evening session would be timed finals.

Final: Meet end up Short course finals as well.  Our club won, top team in the province, even doh we didn't enter many relay teams. Lilman did ok , did a couple pb times, in 100 back (57.04), actually did a nice pb time in 1500, although he swear he not swimming that again. Did 23.5 in 1st leg relay, and managed 24.02, with a bad touch in 50 free final.
 Angel crashed.Didn't have good swims. Then we found out he made the mistake of doing weights on the Friday and was sore all weekend. Was out of it, but didn't seem overly concerned as he realized his mistake.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:35:11 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 01, 2016, 03:34:25 PM »
Coincidence : Just started watchin Apocalypto with lilman (my 2 nd time),he does not really appreciate the artistic cinematography due to the powerlessness in the brutality depicted.
I drew his attention to the opening Quote and will ask his thoughts if we manage to get to the end or if he don't want to watch anymore.
Opening Quote : "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." A & W Durant

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 02, 2016, 09:14:05 AM »
Forgot to mention, Lilman was selected for a Canada Age group B team to do a camp in Bahamas.
Unfortunately we felt we had to refuse, besides the official reason that it is to close to Final exams, we intimated to lilman coach it may affect his swimming at Carifta next year, as they had plan to do a meet as Canada when there. Was lilman comfortable with that, No. None of us were. No map or GPS to follow to go down our life road.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 01, 2016, 11:55:26 AM »
Off to TO tomorrow

http://old.eswim.ca/agi/index.htm

interesting notes. Lilman missing Friday (200 free and fly, best events). Angel ranked 137 th in 200 free(best ranking 3rd in 50 fly) and MzTing 90 th (best ranking 40th 50 fly). Angel asking coach to do time trial of 1st 100 and he will just try to finish the last 100  :rotfl: . Not sure they do that. If he can, I wonder if he will finish. :devil:
Gonna be a hard meet, no taper, no shave
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:21:21 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 03, 2016, 03:20:44 AM »
Mzting lil disappointed, her recent times weren't good enough to make the Cisc team. Put her in a bad mood. Especially as the boys had A standards but chose not to go. Finance and conflicts. Well that and the early morning wake-up, managed to get her into a noise with team manager, the manager did a "shake head" at them for reaching late, except no one informed them of the earlier time change, especially as she don't feel to swim, not making TT. Then Madame find she shouldn't be paying for general meals, as she's vegan. Well ah hear it was ah good ole Canadian shouting match, that had Angel ducking. Later on the trip apologies were exchanged and everybody hug and make up. She still call me to say she don't feel like swimming and she bored. Feel like she prepping me to be not disappointed. I remind her, she still have a scholarship committee to impress, so she should give her best.
Lilman and I heading down later today, so she would feel a little better, cause only he have the patience when she in a funk.

The boys have been contacted by a few colleges, Angel by a some ivy leagues. Just introductory stuff, not serious, he still has a year of HS/cegep. And Lilman 2 years. I understand the ivy guys don't give athletic scholarships, but maybe if he can maintain his grades and manage to improve at least his sprint times, they might be interested in working something out, but we certainly don't have ivy dollars. We dollars sometimes green, but also red and blue and loonies.  ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 06, 2016, 10:18:19 AM »
Off to TO tomorrow

http://old.eswim.ca/agi/index.htm

interesting notes. Lilman missing Friday (200 free and fly, best events). Angel ranked 137 th in 200 free(best ranking 3rd in 50 fly) and MzTing 90 th (best ranking 40th 50 fly). Angel asking coach to do time trial of 1st 100 and he will just try to finish the last 100  :rotfl: . Not sure they do that. If he can, I wonder if he will finish. :devil:
Gonna be a hard meet, no taper, no shave

not to bad. Lilian got a bronze in 100 free, and Angel a silver in 50 fly, and dropped time in 100 fly. Lilman was lil disappointed as he did worse 100 fly time of the year, 3secs off. I pointed out he might be tired from the last week sessions and this away meet, but ah know he not holding that to long especially as Angel beat him, but angel on constant taper in C group.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 06, 2016, 10:42:29 AM »
Congrats, Breds!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 14, 2016, 04:55:15 AM »
And now for a new plan..guess they showing they working, though the focus seems to be on world ranking than numbers competiting.eg, I know one guy who if he couldn't compete at 50s' may have stopped awhile ago. Simply cause he liked having and enjoying many other life experiences.

https://swimswam.com/swimming-canada-document-outlines-complete-overhaul-competition-structure/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:57:25 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 04, 2016, 07:59:31 PM »
Provincials (we're all Snr now) ;D
http://cnq.club/Portals/0/2015-2016/competition2015-2016/Jr-Sr-ete-2016/LIVE/index_us.html

add: tapered and shaved

Add: tough meet with terrible times for Angel, was extremely tired, cancelled 200 Im and relay.  Don't know the cause, just out of it. Mzting although she felt good, only managed one C final, and now considering leaving the sport after this college year. Although my gut is still strong, my confidence for them, including Lilman, took a hit. We as parents have given all our support, the choice of arena and battle is theirs.if God spares life, we in their corner, no matter the result or choice, as we know to date, they are great kids. Give thanks and praise for the journey and blessings so far. We now must trust the rest to them.
 Lilman managed to make A finals, getting a bronze in 200 fly only, but not happy with times either. Last day today. None of us can't wait for it to be over.

On last day. Lilman end up pulling 2 bronze in 200 free (pb) and 100 fly, 2 of his better events, and end up copping the best 17 yr old swimmer award.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:04:29 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 06, 2016, 09:51:48 AM »
Amateur Swimming Association of Trinidad & Tobago

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
 Mr. Dylan Carter on receiving an invitation to RIO 2016....
Also
Congrats to 2 of the boys direct Carifta competitors on making the cut and receiving invitations, Noah Mascoll-Gomes of Antigua and Alex Sobers of Barbados. Well done guys.o
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 02:55:25 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 18, 2016, 10:09:28 PM »
Well Angel manage to do it again..
Damage his knee in a football game last night, couldn't walk or practice this morning, and Age group Nationals next week and Seniors the week after. I could say "I told you so", but it won't make him heal faster, he acting cool doh, not worried..even if mammy and me cyah sleep. Rub it down with Canadian healing oil, I know it must be hurting bad, cause he never want to put that 'smelly stuff' on nothing before, only Lilman, like me, swear by it. Anyway, psych sheet up
https://www.swimming.ca/content/uploads/2015/08/20160717-cagc-psychsheet-01.pdf

Best rankings 5 th for both, worse, 38 th for Lilman, 4ty 52 nd for Angel. I just praying he could compete at all. Meanwhile Lilman seems ready. The only thing they found strange, it's the 1 st time mom or I wouldn't be at a major meet. Strange for us too, but mammy have to work, and I can't afford it, to many trips and expenses this year. Plus Age Group in Calgary and Seniors in Edmonton. Can't leave my old lady for so long.Time for them to fly, all three will be driving next year, and Angel might be off to US as well. So grow up time.

Besides we better get used to it too  ;D

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:55:35 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 25, 2016, 11:00:20 PM »
New Canadian National standards for next year up. We should be ok. This would give the Intl level kids back home an idea of what they should be aiming for.
https://swimming.ca/content/uploads/2015/06/2017-standards-revised-final.pdf

I would like us to try for a National meet before 2018. will see how the funds go.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:06:36 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 26, 2016, 10:57:47 PM »
oh no..the boys in same heat in 100 fly. Nobody better hold back.
https://www.swimming.ca/en/events-results/events/canadian-age-group-championships-2/

Lilman going in 4th, Angel unfortunately placed 18th, added a sec to his best time he could have been in at 7th. Lilman will surely have to do a besttime to get in the medals.
watch & cheer lilman try at around 7:40 est 100 fly M 17-18
http://sportscanada.tv/swimmingcanada/watch-live-pool-1
Slight letdown in the finish.as stated needed his pb to get in..missed it by .2 secs. Good swim still
Day 2
Lilman in 100 free, ranked 4th(Ht 7, 11:16 Est) and 50 back ranked 38th (Ht 5, 11:43 Est) . Angel ranked 51 st in 100 free(Ht 3 11:16 Est). Think it's live Pool2
http://sportscanada.tv/swimmingcanada/

https://results.swimming.ca/2016_CAG/
lilman qualify in 2nd in 100, again would need a pb to medal. Angel had a bad 2nd 50,added 2 secs ended 27 th (2nd to last) . lilman placed 27th in the 50 back with 28.80. no pb. 1 final & relay tonight.
He picked up a bronze in 100 final. Swam 1st leg of 4x200. That pb keep eluding him. I sorry I not there to big him up and whisper some motivational words in their ears. hopefully if no pb at this meet, they will get at Snrs next week. Just to keep the courage  and justification of such a long swimming season.
Mama say Mzting say she done with that, disappointed didn't get eastern standards, farless National and only getting CISC B wasn't enuff, she looking for a job next year, and transferring back home. Rather the boys don't swim that route, especially when/if they see her happy like pappy not training everyday and her experiencing new challenges. Anyway, she might change her mind again..real happy children as that is all they have to worry bout, eh ?
Asked mammy last night, suppose Lilman get pick for a Jnr team. We both want him do Carifta next year. She said he was ok when we refused the last selection, but that final decision is his. Wish swimTT would write him letters or something, court him, pen pal, comrades, even a lil " how yuh going, goin ". Something..cause Canada and Quebec swim seems to keep in touch all the time, and sometimes sends some encouragement. But most important to all of them is the friendships. They are very loyal and proud kids and so that choice getting harder , they may rather not swim, than take the easy route to what for many be successful but to them, average and not necessarily loyal. I think , especially for Lilman he has to believe in his representation. Something he seems to let get in the way, due to the previous coach that messed with his head, he questions the training rather than fully surrender to it. So our motivation has been, represent self and us. I think us being not there, has some slight effect to that, at least in my mind..that is my main contribution, love and support, and they tend to love back with giving their best..is it good enough to win a race, not always, but they win everyone hearts with the effort..
I do love you all and TT, it won't fix issues, but knowing the effort and potential makes us stick and believe and so everyday is a success...ok..to much soul searching and typing..on to Day 3
-------------------------------
Day 3
Lilman, 200 fly (rankd 7) & 50 free ( ranked 21)..Angel ranked 23 rd in the free..have a good swim boys.
Just not happening this meet. Hope the boys stay on the up.
Lilman stayed 7th, again .5 secs of his pb, but 4 secs out of 1st place. as expected nither made the 50 free final, though lilman looked good, his stroke rate seemed off. Angel stroke didn't look normal at all, still managed a 24.93, which i was pleasantly surprised at.placed 14 th. Lilman was 20th with 25.09, not so good.

Day 4
Lilman was 23 rd, +1.08, needed pb to get in. thenin 200 free  added 1.63 secs placing 8th, barely getting into finals, managed a 7th, but still missed pb by over 1/2 sec. Tough day.
Day 5
they both did 50 fly. Angel barely managed to qualify 8th (26.24, +1.03 onpb), Lilman on placed 18 th. At least Angel managed a final. They probably can't wait for this meet to be over. Their granny say they probably missing their mammy food, we should carry some for them ( she not realizing how far Calgary is. Like she thinking is a Belmont to Pointe run. lol)

Well hope they can hold up and come thru at Snr Nationals in Edmonton this coming week, otherwise I know they will be discouraged. They worked hard and sacrificed a lot this year, as all elite swimmers do, but that lack of improvement can play with the mind in a negative way. The good thing doh, from their swims, we could see lots of areas for improvement (Swima if you looked, you probably saw). We will have to leave that for the coach, our job though, maybe just a little harder will be to keep them motivated to maintain the intensity of training. My cousin gave me a motivational dvd to help, i will try that, and hope it's not to lat, he had asked me to show them before they went, but couldn't get it to play. Sorry Guy.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:54:23 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>