March 28, 2024, 05:44:10 PM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164787 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #540 on: July 31, 2016, 01:58:00 PM »
Psych sheet for Snr nationals
https://www.swimming.ca/en/events-results/events/2016-canadian-swimming-championships/
Angel 3 events, Lilman 4.  Not much chances for A finals, just gonna hope for a pb.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:59:47 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 01, 2016, 11:03:23 PM »
spoke to the 2 young men today. They are in good spirits, enjoying the outing. Did not like the Calgary pool to much, and didn't get to see city. Looking forward to Edmonton. They have a big Indoor amusement park in a mall..  :D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 11:20:14 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 03, 2016, 12:57:06 PM »
https://results.swimming.ca/2016_CAC/
https://www.swimming.ca/content/uploads/2015/08/20160727-csc-sessionreport-01-prelims.pdf

keep tabs and support another TTian at these Ntls. Strong Im'er , Tariq Lashley

if they show, most likely will be here
http://sportscanada.tv/swimmingcanada/
Good swim by Angel, terrible finish. Stamina let him down. Hopefully he will work at it. Seemed to be leading after 35, faded to 9th, 49 th overall. We know what has to be done, but he has to want to do it.
nb: his best time would have put him 5th in A final.
Tariq did a respectable 2.24:71 in 200 breast, placing 16 th, just missing A final by 3 secs. Well done Tariq. His pb would have put him 4 th in A final.
Lilman had a ok opening swim in the 4 x200 relay. Swam 2nd leg doing 1.55.47
Day 2
Lilman 200 free H1L3, Angel 50 fly H4L2, Tariq 400 IM H3L1
Lilman finally managed to do a pb 1:55.31 (only .4 sec faster,but we taking it) , however only managed to make 2nd reserve. On top of that, his training colleague, who he regularly beats in practice, make 1st reserve. So 2 of them not happy.
Angel make B final (going in 2nd), 25.64, still 1/2 sec of his best time. but at least he make a 2nd swim.
Tariq , unfortunately added 6 secs on his pb, and missed out on a 2nd swim.

Lil piece ah bachanal in the 400 mixed relay..
the club enter 2 teams..the 2 strongest girls (bk and breast) and 2 strongest boys (fly & free)
and team B with 2 strongest boys (bk & Breast) and 2 strongest girls (fly & free)
Team A had lilman doing fly. Eh heh, the girl doing back for them had a crappy swim doing 1:06 (she haven't that time since 2010)...and Lilman dem end up placing 1 position behind the B team, by .04 secs.  I don't think they will let 2 teams from the same club swim final, so the A team might get thrown. However, if anything, the coach could scratch the B team, and leave the A team...if it's about club that will be thing to do, but what will B team swimmers say ? there are some egos there. Waiting to see.
Jusr recvd word Angel has been moved up to A final. So now instead of a possible 2nd, he might come last lol..go Angel Go, no better time to do that pb than now  ;D
Yup. placed 10 th..did a slower time than prelms. again was with frontrunners till he breathe around the 35 mark. Hope he gets it himself, rather than we or coach have to tel him. 
Day 3
Lilman qualified for A final in 9th, Angel didn't make coming 31 st. Lilman final in 8 th just .2 secs of pb. not bad. They swam into 9th 400 relay just making the final, Angel doing 3 rd leg, Lilman 4th leg. In the final Angel was replaced by a guy 1 sec faster, they ended 9th.
Day 4 final day
Lilman only swimming today, qualified for B final in 100 free and have to swim the 200 right after, and he made B final as well. Still no pb. Then he had to swim the fly of the 4x100 Medley and they in with 6th place. He text mammy "Ah buss".
Last day son, hang in.
** Managed 18 th place and 20 th place respectively. Relay ended up 7th. Not to bad, no pb.
We won the TOP CLUB in the country, on the back of the women who won the women's banner, considering we only had six boys (they placed 7th), great job done by all. Off to meet the guys at the airport. Swimming done for 2 months.   :applause: :wavetowel:
Focus on Olympics time. Let's go TT  :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:18:54 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 23, 2016, 07:49:11 AM »
Noise last night, concerning hardheaded Lilman and his fly technique. He tends to look as Chad le Clos does. We telling him swim yuh race, you lose yuh technical form, he saying not a problem, he break record doing it, and the fella in olympics do it, there is no issue. Mammy say swim your race, le Clos was swimming Phelps race and everybody get schooled, and at the lower levels of competition he get way, but now, he needs to fix things. He saying, nothing needs fixing. Mammy say, when next yuh come bawlin how yuh not improving, remember how yuh not changing nothing when we And yuh coach suggest something different. He say, everybody keep trying to change his winning ways, referencing that negative coach he had. Mammy say, time to move on, and trust the ppl who care bout you.
I didn't get involved, cause they say I does stress everybody. "Coconut hard to break with a next coconut, even if both hard "

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 23, 2016, 08:35:40 AM »
Noise last night, concerning hardheaded Lilman and his fly technique. He tends to look as Chad le Clos does. We telling him swim yuh race, you lose yuh technical form, he saying not a problem, he break record doing it, and the fella in olympics do it, there is no issue. Mammy say swim your race, le Clos was swimming Phelps race and everybody get schooled, and at the lower levels of competition he get way, but now, he needs to fix things. He saying, nothing needs fixing. Mammy say, when next yuh come bawlin how yuh not improving, remember how yuh not changing nothing when we And yuh coach suggest something different. He say, everybody keep trying to change his winning ways, referencing that negative coach he had. Mammy say, time to move on, and trust the ppl who care bout you.
I didn't get involved, cause they say I does stress everybody. "Coconut hard to break with a next coconut, even if both hard "

He go learn.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 23, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
Tell him that a coach tell yuh, just from the perspective of symmetry, it is important to keep your head still. Movement off centre, or movement in general (some flyers breathe to the side) can throw off the body's stability and force changes in stroke mid race.

No BS.

If Tariq swam for us post 2011, his 200 breast would have been a national open record.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 23, 2016, 03:28:21 PM »
Tell him that a coach tell yuh, just from the perspective of symmetry, it is important to keep your head still. Movement off centre, or movement in general (some flyers breathe to the side) can throw off the body's stability and force changes in stroke mid race.

No BS.

If Tariq swam for us post 2011, his 200 breast would have been a national open record.
Exactly what we telling him, but  yuh know parents doh no nothing. Your advice printed and delivered.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 24, 2016, 07:19:41 AM »

No BS.

Exactly what we telling him, but  yuh know parents doh no nothing. Your advice printed and delivered.

PARENTS JUST DONT UNDERSTAND.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 24, 2016, 09:23:04 AM »

No BS.

Honestly, as someone whose parents were involved in my swimming from a supportive stance, its difficult for an athlete to endure all that training, pounding and mental anguish to have your layman parent try to tell you something about an experience you have never seen them come remotely close to. I always tell parents that your job is to feed them, keep them healthy and remain the primary financiers. Ask the coaches about any perceived technical flaws and have them address it.

Kids need separation from sport at home.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 24, 2016, 11:35:50 AM »

No BS.

Honestly, as someone whose parents were involved in my swimming from a supportive stance, its difficult for an athlete to endure all that training, pounding and mental anguish to have your layman parent try to tell you something about an experience you have never seen them come remotely close to. I always tell parents that your job is to feed them, keep them healthy and remain the primary financiers. Ask the coaches about any perceived technical flaws and have them address it.

Everything your parents say you ignore. Everybody else could say the same thing and teenagers listen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 24, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »

No BS.

Mostly agree. Yet the anguish, frustration and complaints are brought home to us. And we as both past Jnr National athletes, and I myself with many years of coaching experience, we can commiserate with the thought mental processes and frustrations, a young elite athlete experience, even if the activity is not quite similar to our own_their experience. Puts us in a small boat with big waves. Help paddle or go with the flow.
 We encourage discussions and concerns with their coaches, however, when we see the kid (our own or not) not doing what the coach says, we rightfully or wrongfully (no sure yet which is best) try to extend our support to the coach, without denigrating the children. In addition, it helps maintain proper relationship with the coach. We the bad cops. Yet even the bad guy cops, if honest and true, purpose is, to serve and protect.  Unfortunately this may have worked against us, with the last coach, who although was definitely knowledgeable of the sport, was not a proper role model nor understood the psycology of coaching young people(we only realized after the fact). Consequently, this possibly led to his slight apprehension to fully surrender to coaches instructions and us to a minor extent. Subsequently, him, and all of them know they are loved irregardless. I believe parents must play a role in all aspects of development irregardless of the activity, and to some extent, I believe that is why we have some measure of success up to now.
 On the other hand, from my own experience, I have experienced how some parents over involvement can actually be detrimental to a kid`s development, we really do not get to deep, especially where sport specific technical issues are concerned. As a dad though, if they come to me and say, they can`t figure out why A + B is not giving them C, I do tend to say, try A + A, and see what you get.    ;D

add: weary, i don`t think it`s ignored, as much it`s not believed, cause they can`t fathom, we used to think as they do.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 30, 2016, 12:21:37 PM »
Angel football done., no additional injury, lost semi's on penalty kicks and then lose the bronze Sunday on bad coaching changes, which had me worried cause it left him alone as single central defender..twice the other team forwards run by him like Palacious run by Tallman..Lost 2-0. He come off saying "Dad, that was the worse game I ever played" I say, guy, not even Bateau could stop dem 3 on one. He watch meh like  " huh?" I tell him, TT have big game Friday, he wondering what a boat have to do with that. Swimming practice start back yesterday, so I bawl " Water under the bridge, take it out on swimming". Swim, man, Swim..then he say " I'll make sure we will win it next year "  :nailbiting:  :frustrated: Nooooo... I bawl, "THAT IS A TEAM SPORT guy",  a little to loudly. He watch meh, and ah just say, "sorry, radio to loud".

add: Lilman talking about missing Carifta to do Canadian trials instead, cause it have more competition and recognition, and then he will submit his times to Swimtt. No,no, they need to see yuh. A trini parent work never done boy. Here we go again.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:25:40 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 30, 2016, 01:59:08 PM »
World Juniors next year should be the BIG goal. Indianapolis is on the short list to host. Travel could be a breeze for you, Maxg.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 30, 2016, 03:41:50 PM »
World Juniors next year should be the BIG goal. Indianapolis is on the short list to host. Travel could be a breeze for you, Maxg.
will let him know, gonna get the qualifying times to help steer him in that direction..

add:
Oh gaddo, dem hard..Almost same as Olympic qualifying, we might not make that this year, still hoping for next olympics.
I will try the blinders still doh    :devil:
http://www.swimmersdaily.com/2016/05/03/fina-announces-time-standards-and-qualifying-procedure-for-the-budapest-2017-world-championships/

add: Swima, this part, so one does not need to have the standard ? So the point of the standard is to only restrict each federation to max 2 swimmers/event ?

If a National Federation enters only one (1) swimmer per event, all swimmers entered must meet the qualifying “B” standard time.

If two (2) swimmers are entered in the same event, both of them must meet the qualifying “A” standard time.

Federations may enter swimmers regardless of standard time as follows:

having no swimmer qualified: two (2) men and two (2) women;
having one (1) or two (2) swimmers qualified, additional swimmers up to a maximum of four (4) swimmers (two (2) men and two (2) women);
having three (3) swimmers qualified, one (1) additional swimmer provided that both gender are represented.
Swimmers entered without qualifying time must have participated in the National Championships of the Federation or in a FINA approved qualifying event. These swimmers will be allowed to enter in two (2) different events each, but they cannot swim in the same event, p.a. 50m Freestyle.
[/b]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:51:09 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 08, 2016, 03:41:34 PM »
Just realized i got the Open Standards above. I will show him that still.. aim for Moon hit the Mango..or however it go    lol

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: October 15, 2016, 03:29:20 PM »
1st meet tomorrow..starts with Snr circuit 1
Lilman doing 100 & 400 fr, 200 fly
Angel (sick this week,but will try) 100 fr, 50 back, 50 fly
https://swimrankings.net/services/CalendarFile/16330/live/

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 20, 2016, 08:30:22 AM »
Lilman selected for Provincial camp net month and National Camp for eligible World Junior swimmers in January.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 24, 2016, 07:03:21 PM »
Our team for Provincial short course team championships this coming weekend.
Training suits , no taper, no shave

http://www.natationpointe-claire.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Uploaded-Entries-4.pdf
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:07:37 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 24, 2016, 07:07:14 PM »
maxg, after watching the last Olimpics, your kids have a good chance to rep. TT. That is if they so desire.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:48:41 PM by Deeks »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 25, 2016, 10:45:35 AM »
That desire encompasses a lot o things.. Swim association politics -i.e. does TT want them, is TT (assoc.) willing to make the required invitations and procedures to make them feel a part of the National team; their own self doubt - can the properly represent a country they know so little about, that they feel high very high standards and are quick to dispel a maximum effort as a failure if a podium is not achieved, as well as their own self doubts in attaining the levels required and finally, at some instances, life tends to get in the way, can they maintain the high level of commitment to training and dedication required to attain such a level, especially during the tough times and changing landscape that comes. The parental financial considerations, it cost ~ 10 k- 15 k/year just to maintain the competitive training and competitive tests required. We will try.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 25, 2016, 01:15:49 PM »
it cost ~ 10 k- 15 k/year just to maintain the competitive training and competitive tests required.

That cost alone would put me out of the running.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:34:43 PM by Deeks »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 26, 2016, 12:05:25 PM »
As head of the technical committee now I can safely say that we want them. We are not in a time of plenty, money wise, but we are aggresively marketing our products and developing those that need a marketing enhancement. World Juniors next year for sure, but CCCAN in our own backyard as well. Imagine Tanti and uncle come down to Couva to see the next generation of Goins live and direct repping TnT at home in the largest aquatics championships in the region. Meh pores raising already!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 26, 2016, 02:13:19 PM »
Thanks Swima, will show them your post after practice this evening..let's see if we get a smile or a shrug shoulder   :devil:
I think it would be very well recieved. It is for me, Thanks again

Deeks, mostly cause thry at National level. The thing is, there is 3 of them..but right now, the boys, go to provincials and Nationals, (not counting Carifta, as that was covered this year). The registration is usually about 2.5 k each(5K), Provincial camps usually cost about 300 each( 3 per year) 1.8 k, Club camp 1.5 k each(Lilman an Mzting = 3 k), local meets 150 each, times ~8-10, 1.5k, Out of town 300 to 500, times about 5= 2.5 k..and then one or both of us try to be there, though we had to skip out the last set..Age group and snr nationals we out of town this year for 2 weeks...we try to budget about 5 k..

it wasn't always like that, up till 3 yrs ago used to be about 1.8 X 3 ~ 6 k, + 2 k or so for prov camps, maybe 2 k for whole family travel, but now they are here, we have to make it happen, can't pull out now. Some have no choice, we as sports parents, feel we have no choice but to stay...Yuh see why ah can't go home for even a Carnival or a reunuion ? So I make meh bed..

besides Deek, u in US, there is probably more funding and financial support...get the lil ones swimming,even on the side, excellent mind developer, i might even say well worth it.

Swima for the club camp they go Puerto Rico, who do I introduce to make it TT.
add: "Imagine Tanti and uncle come down to Couva to see the next generation of Goins live and direct repping TnT at home in the largest aquatics championships in the region. Meh pores raising already!!"
that lil piece was 'Touchesresque'..meh pores raise in trute   :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:43:10 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 28, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »
Sent you a private message maxg.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 28, 2016, 10:54:03 PM »
Ok Swima, Monday as prov.Team Champs at Big Owe all wkd in east end. or u prefer immediate.

https://www.swimrankings.net/services/CalendarFile/16464/live/

Snrs are tired, no taper, no shave, no racing suits. Hoping the younger swimmers can pull the points.
Not sure which meet the coach peaking them for, did the same last meet. Maybe our home meet in dec.
http://www.natationpointe-claire.ca/meet-schedule/

forgot to mention: We placed 2nd to Natation Neptune. Coach admitted he underestimated their strength
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:22:39 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 29, 2016, 04:27:58 AM »
Whatever you think is best. Just know that we are ready and willing.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 08, 2016, 02:09:10 PM »
Big Provincial Swim team Camp friday evening & saturday Morning followed by Snr Circuit meet Saturday evening

http://www.neptunenatation.com/comptitions-1/2016/10/20/invitation-neptune-ludem

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 21, 2016, 06:56:32 PM »
Lilman called out to Swim Canada youth camp in Toronto in January for World Jnr prospects. I tell he an he mom straight up, I feel he shouldn't go. They say why deny him the opportunity for this level training, besides they covered his swimming expense for the year, we will cross the decision bridge when the time comes..but I know this boy loyal to a fault.  and I will stand by him regardless of what he chooses, even if I don't agree..is his life, i had mine

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 22, 2016, 01:07:55 PM »
Lilman called out to Swim Canada youth camp in Toronto in January for World Jnr prospects. I tell he an he mom straight up, I feel he shouldn't go. They say why deny him the opportunity for this level training, besides they covered his swimming expense for the year, we will cross the decision bridge when the time comes..but I know this boy loyal to a fault.  and I will stand by him regardless of what he chooses, even if I don't agree..is his life, i had mine

I hear you. Just know that as head of technical, I am willing to help him stay with the land of his parents if he chooses. We are changing our ways, and he is one of the targets we have for Indy 17 as well.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 22, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »

I hear you. Just know that as head of technical, I am willing to help him stay with the land of his parents if he chooses. We are changing our ways, and he is one of the targets we have for Indy 17 as well.
he's fully aware, and definitely torn. I now trying to underplay the whole process so it doesn't affect his performances. It eating at him, and I will have to pullback and let things take it's course. I must say doh, the admin here really do a good number with treatment, respect and recognition, and doh swimming is not a big professional sport here in Canada (very few sports are), the dedication and support of friends(personal and sporting) and the swimming community is really quite impressive. Since we started, even strangers has been coming up to us and saying they going to their 1st Olympics if we going. Even in big meets when he or even other athletes haven't done well, write up in local paper about the fact that they were there. Never about if they won or lost, except of course when they won. I think this kind of support has had a effect on them and reduces substantially the stress of performance expectations, which I know for a fact they experience, when representing TT.  I tried to hide the comments and negative local(TT) news, but they see it, they feel the pressure. I make excuses it's what drives the brave TT athlete, even if I totally disagree with that method of push.

1]; } ?>