March 28, 2024, 12:07:20 PM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164770 times)

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #600 on: May 01, 2017, 08:44:32 AM »
Men's 18 and over could be our strongest age group at CCCAN. The only thing missing is a sprint breastroker. I never expected us to have any distance freestyle men, and not sure that we will, but Tariq takes care of IM and distance breast for us. We are heavy in the sprint free and fly department as usual. Even the 4 x 200 relay will be strong, with Dylan already 1:48 this season. With the other guys overing between 1:53 and 1:56, we will surely challenge for gold in that relay.

Right after that group is the boys 15-17, and we have some foreign based vying for spots with the locals which is shaping up to be exciting. 4 x 100 free relay will be tough.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 02, 2017, 12:12:24 AM »
Would you be interested in another male 18 + 200 IM'er - we have one working on it, and a women's 200 free/flyer ?

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 02, 2017, 07:10:50 AM »
Once they agree to represent us. We are a small nation, and must focus on our own development, while tapping into the resources of those who are eligible to represent us outside of TnT. Nothing wrong with that.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 02, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »
Once they agree to represent us. We are a small nation, and must focus on our own development, while tapping into the resources of those who are eligible to represent us outside of TnT. Nothing wrong with that.
it's actually Angel and MzTing. Angel already knowing the Sprint team set, and MzTing, who feel she have something to offer in that 200 fly after her PSAC swim. They definitely have less headaches than lilman (who is invited to another Canadian swim camp again - think it's about the 5th for the year - 2 wks in BC). They real tapping him. When is the deadline for times submission, he will have to inform us by then, though I pretty sure he already decide in our favour, them probably trying hard to change his mind. Your buddy at Sportt never got back to us,I hoped he could have had a direct talk and show the TT interest. As I said and you know from here, over the years 'this guy is loyal'. He is quite aware of yours doh. Anyway, however, they go, they still have TT citizenship as well, for me they flying the flag regardless.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:12:52 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 02, 2017, 01:17:08 PM »
Times for foreign based athletes should be submitted by May 21st. Sunday before the start of national open championships.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 02, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »
Times for foreign based athletes should be submitted by May 21st. Sunday before the start of national open championships.

thanks..cutting it close, one chance that same weekend, we will try

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 04, 2017, 07:23:59 PM »
it's actually Angel and MzTing. Angel already knowing the Sprint team set, and MzTing, who feel she have something to offer in that 200 fly after her PSAC swim. They definitely have less headaches than lilman (who is invited to another Canadian swim camp again - think it's about the 5th for the year - 2 wks in BC). They real tapping him. When is the deadline for times submission, he will have to inform us by then, though I pretty sure he already decide in our favour, them probably trying hard to change his mind. Your buddy at Sportt never got back to us,I hoped he could have had a direct talk and show the TT interest. As I said and you know from here, over the years 'this guy is loyal'. He is quite aware of yours doh. Anyway, however, they go, they still have TT citizenship as well, for me they flying the flag regardless.
Now see whey all dem camps about

https://swimswam.com/swimming-canada-launching-initiative-improve-mens-team/

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 13, 2017, 12:34:17 AM »
frig...manager sent an amazing note, a 6 page newsletter..plus Lilman shoulder issue not clearing, and i'm afraid the camp and competition is gonna make it worse. But if yuh see this newsletter..lawwd ::)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:41:20 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 21, 2017, 10:45:48 PM »
MzTing was unable to train for the last 2 weeks(school pool closed- plus they only swim yards in US), and finally landed home last Sunday and had sick (fever & flu) all week. It put a spoke in her wheel at her attempts to establish times to make the TT CCCan team. She was quite down, but went to meet anyway to do her 2 events, eyes and nose running, gave a valiant effort. Did 2.43.56 in 200 fly prelims - never did it at long course before,died the last 50, but still made 1st reserve for A and 1st for B final, but had to scratch as she was out of it physically. And only managed 2.22.78 in 200 free adding 8 seconds to her best time from last year. She was in good spirits doh, as she know and we saw she tried her best.

Angel, took shots at 50 breast (32.40 - a pb) and 100 breast(1.15.25) and also managed a pb in 200 IM(2.22.29). Did ok, however, likewise, not sure they will be good enough, will have to wait and see.

Meanwhile with Lilman there might be technical issues other than his shoulder problems, after we talk with him, will have to consult Swima on possible implications.

as god wills..

add: Lilman say he ok..I still will do the epsom salts and canadian healing oil treatments, when he reach back doh.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:56:04 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:20 AM »
Any live results available for the NOLC ?

https://www.swimtt.com/single-post/2017/05/24/Mc-Lean-Thompson-return-for-Long-Course-Splash

Mc Lean, Thompson return for Long Course Splash
May 24, 2017
|
Jason Wickham - PRO ASATT
2 time Olympian Sharntelle Mc Lean and decorated national standout Cherelle Thompson are making a return to the pool at the National Open Long Course Championships (NOLC) from May 25th to 28th at the National Aquatic Centre in Balmain Couva.

This meet is the last qualifier for Team Trinidad and Tobago for the CCCAN Championships which will be held at the same venue from June 28 to July 2nd. 250 athletes in total are scheduled to face the starter over the four day meet, which is also a qualifier for the World Championships in Budapest Hungary in July.

Mc Lean of Torpedoes Swim Club has registered to compete at NOLC in the 50 and 100 freestyle and 50 butterfly. With CCCAN being home she saw this as an opportunity for Team Trinidad and Tobago to have a full 18 and over female contingent to contribute to relays and team points.
“I am excited by the fact that T & T should be able to field a full team of athletes in each age group” Mc Lean said.
“Getting back in to try out for CCCAN also created the opportunity to be able to compete for the first time in a regional competition in front a local crowd and once I qualify, it is an experience I am longing for”
Mc Lean competed in the 2004 and 2008 Olympics and several other high level meets, and has established several national and regional records during her career. She is also a coach at Torpedoes.

Thompson of Eagles Aquatics also has eyes on CCCAN and hopes once she qualifies this weekend she can help to inspire and motivate athletes on the national team. She has signed up for the 50m breaststroke and 50m freestyle events. She too is excited at the prospect at competing at the National Aquatic Centre
“I am looking forward to competing at NOLC because it is the first time I will get to race at this world class facility. Last year when I attended the CISC Championships I went as a foreign based athlete, I was a bit disconnected from the team. This time I will be preparing right here at home and hope as a senior swimmer to have a positive effect on the team and look forward to reconnecting with old, and connecting with new teammates.”
Thompson has represented Trinidad and Tobago at elite level meets including World Championships, Commonwealth and CAC Games.

In addition to Thompson and Mc Lean, prior regional medallists who are now in the 18 & over category have entered the NOLC for a chance to qualify for the first ever T & T hosted CCCAN Championships. They include Kristin Julien, Johnnya Ferdinand, Pierre Carmino, Kareem Baptiste, Abraham Mc Leod and Mosi Denoon. A race to watch will be the 50m freestyle for women where Thompson, Mc Lean, Ferdinand and Julien will all line up.

Jahmia Harley who won gold at CARIFTA, and subsequently broke a 24-year-old short course record in the Girls 13-14 200m backstroke at the Annual Invitational May Classic this month, is expected at NOLC as well. Many of our other successful CARIFTA athletes will also be competing this weekend inclusive of gold medallists Jeron Thompson, Jada Chatoor, Jada Chai, Kael Yorke and Kadon Williams. Amira Pilgrim and Alexandria Donahue are unavailable for NOLC due to academic commitments.

The meet starts on Thursday with preliminaries starting from 6pm. The meet officially opens on Friday at 6pm, with finals from Thursday’s events scheduled to start from 6:30pm. Competition on Saturday and Sunday would feature prelims at 9:15am and finals at 5:30pm.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 01, 2017, 02:43:07 PM »
Carter, Mc Lean headline CCCAN Swim Team
June 1, 2017
|
Jason Wickham - PRO ASATT

Olympians Dylan Carter and Sharntelle Mc Lean were among the 64 athletes selected by the Amateur Swimming Association of Trinidad and Tobago (ASATT) to represent this country at the 2017 CCCAN Swimming Championships at the National Aquatic Centre Balmain Couva from 28 June to July 2nd.

Carter last participated in CCCAN in 2011. He skipped 2013 and 2015 as in 2013 he was in preparation for his silver medal finish at the World Junior Championships that year, and missed 2015 due to academic commitments. Two time Olympian Mc Lean also missed the 2015 event in Barbados, but signalled her intent to return to compete in front her home crowd to provide added firepower to the 18 and over age group.

Jeron Thompson, Jada Chatoor, Jada Chai, Kael Yorke, Kadon Williams. Amira Pilgrim, Gabriella Donahue and Jahmia Harley all won individual gold medals at CARIFTA and have successfully made the CCCAN team. Abraham Mc Leod who is a 2015 CCCAN gold medallist and record holder will also be in T & T's line up. Cherelle Thompson, Kristin Julien and Joshua Romany also have come back to reinforce the team's strength.

The team is expected to have its first training session at the National Aquatic Centre on Saturday. In 2015 CCCAN in Barbados T & T placed 5th in the point standings but topped the medal table with 26 gold medals.

11 - 12 GIRLS
Arielle Dickson
Gabrielle Vickles
Isabella Edwards
Neishelah Caseman
Savannah Chee-wah
Zoe Anthony

Reserves:
Caitlyn Look Fong
Soriyah Alfonso

11 - 12 BOYS
Jonathan Andre
Nikoli Blackman
Kadon Williams
Kyle West
Riquelio Joseph
Zarek Wilson

13 - 14 GIRLS
Adrianna Gooding
Brianna Bocage
DeNicha Lewis
Gabriela Donahue
Jada Chatoor
Jahmia Harley
Regan Allen

13 - 14 BOYS
Aqeel Joseph
Christopher Dieffenthaller
Delroy Tyrell
Jonathan Constantine
Malik Nelson

Reserves:
Jae-Hwa Lee Wing

15 - 17 GIRLS
Amira Pilgrim
Danielle Willaims
Deshor Edwards
Jada Chai
Ileana Bocage
Ornella Walker
Racine Ross
Sabrina David
Vrisnelit Faure

Reserves:
Courtney Lawrence
Teresa Otero

15 - 17 BOYS
Emil Goin
Gabriel Bynoe
Graham Chatoor
Jeron Thompson
Josiah Parag
Justin Samlalsingh
Kael Yorke
Kegan Ford
Luke Gillette
Obadayah Ince

18 & Over Girls
Ariel Cape
Cherelle Thompson
Colleen Parag
Daniel Mc Kenzie
Johnnya Ferdinand
Kira Goin
Kristin Julien
Megan Charles
Melina Marcano
Sharntelle Mc Lean
Theana Hay

Reserves:
Shantol Ince
Zahra Padia

18 & Over Boys
Aaron Acres
Abraham Mc leod
Bradley Thomas
Christian Awah
Dylan Carter
Jabari Baptiste
Jonathan Farah
Joshua Romany
Sachin Sankar
Tariq Lashley

Reserves:
Aleem Mohammed
Mosi Denoon

Coaches:  Edmund Pouchet (Head), Brian Wickham, Chabeth Haynes, Dexter Browne, Maurice Faria, Paul Newallo, Rochelle Pierre, Vincent Tardieu

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 01, 2017, 02:45:58 PM »
 :'(  :chilling: :chilling:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 02:49:40 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 02, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »
Congrats maxg. Going to be a great event.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 03, 2017, 06:21:51 PM »
Congrats maxg. Going to be a great event.
Thanks again Swima. Think from what I'm hearing, we can't afford for the kids to stay with team doh.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 04, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
Keep an open ear. Nothing in stone.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: July 23, 2017, 12:38:56 AM »
"Congratulations to Jeron Thompson on winning bronze today in the male 50m freestyle at the Commonweallth Youth Games in Bahamas! Bronze Medal time 23.43!!!"

I think i read ' it's the 1st TT CYG swimming medal ever...'

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 03, 2017, 11:02:16 PM »
Seniors now...and then we done..hoping for a couple B finals, A final is bonus
Angel: 50 free and fly and a couple relays (best chance 50 fly)
Lilman: 50,100,200 fly,100 free and relays (best chance 100 fly)

https://results.swimming.ca/2017_CSC/
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 11:09:20 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 03, 2017, 12:01:08 AM »
 :-\ :-\ To represent TT is suddenly becoming quite costly for our foreign born Nationals, due to circumstances beyond our control. It is the uncertainty of changing arrangements in a generation of unkept promises seem to be the underlying issue. Will maintain our commitment to training, preparation and availability to the sport as long as we can. However, if Canada ever calls in their investment, tough decisions will have to be made. Better athletes than us, getting jam still, so who is we.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 21, 2017, 12:44:22 PM »
Our next winter swim camp is in Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Chibougamau,Timbuktu...no, no,,,TRINIDAD & TOBAGO   :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

must be our fault   ???     ;)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 11, 2017, 04:25:53 PM »
Not posting about the cut-tail the boys get last weekend..will just say this..they made finals, and lost to #1(Ayoubi) and # 4 (Daly)in the country in 50 free (lilman 68th, Angel 41 st), and those same two guys are #4 and #6 in 100 free as well as #3 and #4 in 100 fly. Both our guys were untapered and wore training suits, so some slight improvement may be possible. What our boys have to swallow, is they used to beat them both up to 3 years ago. The better you get, the harder you have to work. Makes one realize the amount of work a GOAT(like Phelps) has to constantly and consistently put in. Football practice and games was jokey compared to this, and yuh make ah lil change. The hardest part of this sport is the mind to stick thru the training and still take mental lash. No Joke.
Swima, those guys will probably be in TT for winter camp as well (CAMO), as they are coached by my buddy Greg. 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 30, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »
Upcoming meets. Only Lilman competing at major.
http://www.natationpointe-claire.ca/en/competitions-results/
add: http://www.natationpointe-claire.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/AAA_psych_sheets-2.pdf

http://www.swimontario.com/index_ptp.php?id=2820

Angel finished for this season at Mcgill. Had ok swims, already qualified for Canadian University finals, but didn't do standards at meet. Will be off to Mcgill University camp in Barbados for New Year.

MzTing has 2 more meets 1 local, 1 IUP, exams and home for christmas. Qualified for State div II championships already. Hard to judge her meets because of the yds vs metres. Her swim camp is Florida.

Lilman has the 2, our own (we billeting 4 swimmers from across the country - BC) and Ontario Jnr. He should already have most of standards he needs. His swim camp is Cove-R, Trinidad.  ;)

All these camps is friggin $. Mammy say, what we go do , all their swim peers going, we didn't let them go all together everytime, and only a couple times. I say but we haven't even yet received the TT re-imbursement from since July. We paying for all these meets, I not seeing no faster times. Contro go say hire SH  :devil:
Another 5 k gone, and I outta work. She say, she will work some extra days during Christmas, we will manage. Well true, we doh have to feed them boys for 2 weeks, that's 1 K saved right dey.  ;D Doh tell me nutten bout doing my part and not spending on drinks for the holidays, eh.  :devil:

I gonna have the grand do Track, like we family used to. Run Free, oui. And at 5, she dun fast ahready. Will try to keep her in her lane, cause still have lots of years of distractions to face. Haven't had a DQ yet, so record good.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:06:54 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 17, 2017, 02:41:25 AM »
At OJI Lilman can't get in the medals, but he did manage some very slight pbs'. So we still happy, and he seemed a bit encouraged. So this other lil 15 yr old black fella tearing up the place. Collecting metal and breaking all kinda age group records besides bussing Lilman up. The boy fast like speed. He and another bermudian girl we know from Carifta, she not winning, but break a few 11-12 records, besides making the 18 U finals.. Eh heh, Swimming Canada dun move on them, and hook them up for National training and representation. Talking to the girl mom, she saying she had nuff sleepless nights trying to do the right thing. She asked our thoughts, we agreed, the right thing is what is best now for the chile, home is where their heart is, thus accept the Cana offer, they want her for 2020, if things don't groove, then time and family is on their side.
Meanwhile Lilman and the youth man hook up, yuh know the boy born from Trini, Joshua Liendo, move to Tdot when he was 9. Before Lilman tell us, I walk by this lady in a convo bout him, I tell mammy, that lady look like he mother, and she sound Jcan or Trini. Boom, is Trini yes.
This kid is the real deal, Can won't let these 2 go, as they are already close to the National High Performance centre.

The boy went 22.83 for 3rd in 50 free sc. Lilman won b final with 23.44. Win 100 fly in 53.77. 15 years old. Lilman say he have to ketch the big fellas first and then run down the young fellas. ;D they messing with his focus  :D I tell him I just glad he focusing and feeling encouraged again. Last day tomorrow, I hoping for another A or B finals, or pb for Lilman, but watch for this kid in the medals. Lilman seem to be feeling a little better again, it showed in his swimming, regardless of the position. He may be back.
Go Joshua, Go Lilman, Go Elan,Go PCSC, Go TT

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 24, 2017, 09:28:53 AM »
Well that's good lilman was able to connect with Joshua, hopefully they can keep in touch and form a bond seeing they both swim at a high level and have the Trini thing in common. They could push and encourage each other....could be the new Can/TT generation of Phelps and Lochte  :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 06, 2018, 07:27:16 PM »
http://newsday.co.tt/2018/01/06/national-aquatic-centre-a-winter-shelter-for-athletes/#.WlEZ4b02yFQ.facebook

http://newsday.co.tt/2018/01/08/aquatic-centre-is-fun-in-the-sun/

They not even aware they have a non-sponsored TT national swimmer in the mix, who presently holds National records in the same events as the interviewees.  He even invited a friend and local National swimmer to train with them and introduced him to the 2nd fastest swimmer in Canada and his coach, who are both on the trip. Well as usual, like most of our young foreign athletes, he will probably bond with those that bond with him. We did our part and promotion. Maybe we could have done more.  :-[
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:50:17 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 17, 2018, 11:19:02 PM »
The team found the facilities impeccable, enjoyed the camp training. Found the staff at the hotel buffet, a  bit uncourteous. The hotel itself and regular staff was ok and relatively comfortable, but not much to do around that venue, and we warned about the crime situation.
 This is a young pre-university team, thus the girls(and guys) were a little nervous and scared, especially with the cars pulling up next to them, and making propositions and catcalls on to many occasions. Lilman said he was a little embarrased of the general attitudes.The drivers of their transport were very friendly, and helpful. The relax day trip to Gasparee caves was quite enjoyable. Overall, good camp, but will probably not return next year, opting for a more tourist oriented country as they have done in the past. I haven't spoken to the coach as yet. He may have a different opinion as i know Lilman is very sensitive and protective. More to come..

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 18, 2018, 09:02:19 AM »
Great feedback Maxg. Which hotel did they stay? What if the process next year is more tourist friendly overall? Remember, this was done by SPORTT with no consulation from other entities until confronted.

What if the overall experience could be more synergized and planned out with consultation from the team as to their needs and expecations?

Also, did anyone from the SPORTT ask you to do a feedback form?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:06:11 AM by Swima »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 18, 2018, 07:22:45 PM »
The Asst coach: Trip was great, Hotel was good, the people were generally helpful and friendly. A couple of instances where on a walk to ice cream parlour the girls we a little taken aback by catcalls, but he didn't feel it was overly threatening. I didn't ask then why not going back. When I speak to Head Coach, will ask the hard questions and Swima's as well.

1]; } ?>