April 26, 2024, 05:25:56 AM

Author Topic: Maturana said Sunday's defeat was due to "An Attitude problem"  (Read 4045 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Did anyone else hear this (via translator). Yet the players left out, player sthat he never called up to make an assessment on, players that we all know that always give 110% in their games, players where it is glaringly obvious that they possess the right attitude were not even deemed good enough to get a call up.

My question is, what does he mean "attitude problem"?? it isn't like this was the first game he had them under his charge. Steupss.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Maturana said Sunday's defeat was due to "An Attitude problem"
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:21:59 PM »
Some of the players this was their first game. Plus maybe they had a first occurance thing that happened again in the last game. Two strikes  :-\
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 01:43:42 PM »
Some of the players this was their first game. Plus maybe they had a first occurance thing that happened again in the last game. Two strikes  :-\

When you say first game, I'm assuming you mean first WCQ. Out of de 18-man squad, only 6 players had previously been involved in a WCQ.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 02:23:17 PM »
Without taking any blame away from the entire technical staff, the players themselves have a lot of the blame to carry because when you get an opportunity, is up to you to make the most of it.

They have Pro-league..........Bermuda eh have none.

They have big coach..........Bermuda eh ahve none.

They have multiple stadia to play in.....Bermuda probably ha one.

They even have big kit sponsor......Bermuda must be buy they kit in Sports and Games Bemuda LTD.

So as much as we have other more experienced players who we all know are better and deserve to be on the team, those who were selected have no right playing so poorly.

If you given an opportunity to play in a WCQ you need to take advantage of it before JW settle with the big name players and bring them back in the matrix. Everybody does have jitters the first time they play in a big game but if you let them jitters get the better of you then they need to forget about international football b/c most every game at international level is a big game.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 03:26:55 PM »
I could deal wit jitters but is attitude d only disability is a bad attitute so is a set of disabled players on d field dat 4 me is d biggest problem yeah Pancho andd he croonies need 2 go and all disabled players. D chief retard rite now does play in d EPL he goin 2.

Attitude check is needed for dis team and it obvious dat d piss poor attitude eh emerge overnite so y now complain bout it and u eh address it loudddddddd louddddddddddd steupsssssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 06:47:53 PM »

When you say first game, I'm assuming you mean first WCQ. Out of de 18-man squad, only 6 players had previously been involved in a WCQ.

I meant the game against JA and other caribbean teams before the WCQ
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 07:18:51 PM »

Nah, well nobody made their debuts in those games. De least experienced player had 5 or 6 caps.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 08:22:06 PM »
Did anyone else hear this (via translator). Yet the players left out, player sthat he never called up to make an assessment on, players that we all know that always give 110% in their games, players where it is glaringly obvious that they possess the right attitude were not even deemed good enough to get a call up.

My question is, what does he mean "attitude problem"?? it isn't like this was the first game he had them under his charge. Steupss.
Anytime you have a succession of a well respected and influential man like Don Leo to another coach, players who enjoyed the old coaches favour can be put on a shit list and have their standing in the team degraded. This could be almost like getting a demotion at work, and seeing the young boy with less experience than you become the new golden boy. Most people develop an attitude problem when that happens. Especially when the new boss is a well known to lean toward favouritism and does not select his team from merit but who he like or could use.

Of course this is mere speculation......

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 08:38:11 PM »
Yep dey have reason 2 b sour but is dey wuk when my last boss became unbearable I left d wuk. Until I did I wuk although d man was a fool beyond measure. So option A wuk 4 d fool or option B left d wuk I will have more respect 4 u
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 08:56:54 PM »
Weary when you have a shitty boss you can leave the job and go to another, but you can't switch national teams.
These fellas eh supermen, is only so much a man can bite his tongue. Some can hide it more than others. And it all depends on what the beef is.
But being a good soldier all the time is not always the best way. Sometimes you just have to carry on stink.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 09:03:30 PM »
No retirement is an option doh b on d side and eh give yuh all I have a problem wit dat. When u resign sing like d fat lady leh we know y u cyah wuk under them conditions

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 05:13:54 AM »

Nah, well nobody made their debuts in those games. De least experienced player had 5 or 6 caps.

I am refering to the experienaced players. I believe the problem may have been from one of the experienced players. It will all come out if we lose. I am hoping that we do not lose
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 06:36:01 AM »

This does not surprise me because i said it after the England game,it seems like there is no comradery/unity between those guys,we have always had attitude problems with our players especially the foreign based,playing abroad tends to change them a bit.
         Thing is we only see players get called up,selected and they play but we don't have to deal with the crap that goes on with them,their personal lives/problems the Coach have to deal with,their are things you can deal with as a team but most of the problems that affect a team are individual,some of these guys have no respect for authority you can see it in the way they train/play,i can tell you some of those guys don't want to be out there,what have them going there is because it's their livelihood,look at the difference in the way they play for their club versus country,those Coaches and Clubs get more respect than our own.
          Why you all think guys like Sancho,Birchall,Jack etc etc struggling to get on/play on teams out there,is not because of their ability to play the game,it's all about attitude,the same attitude they have at home(the do,say and play when you want attitude),i know it's easy to blame Jack for the situation our Football in but our players have to take 50% of the blame,our game have lost the passion it used to have,our players don't play with any heart,like they are not committed to any thing more than a pay check.
           We talk about our local/younger players learning from the more experienced ones it's not going to happen these guys are too selfish,it's all about self,i observed certain things when i was back home because i took some time to update myself on what's going on with the Football itself,besides being able to see the England game,i was able to attend Jabloteh practice on St Mary's ground,spoke with Fenwick,Eve,Marvin,Manners etc etc Defence Force practice where i spoke to all the players,Mau Pau practice in the Barracks,i attend a practice game in San Juan between them and Crab Connection,one thing i must mention Ron La didn't have the time to talk to me,these guys are big down there now,i got over to Rangers practice but the Snr team had already finished practicing,all i saw was the Youth teams,there was also some Trials going on in the Savannah for the national U20 still can't understand what was being done,the guys doing it were foreigners i did not try to find out who they were,i also had a long meeting with my friend Dion La Foucade it was over lunch.
           The common trend i'm seeing at home is more about the image and not about the game,it's about the lifestyle,the money,the car etc etc and the game itself is going down the drain,after seeing the England game i was not surprised by the results of the Bermuda game,we underate teams and players too much,no game is ever guaranteed you have to play to win,we does play games like we win already,the bottom line is if our players attitudes don't change don't expect to get any results in the near future.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 08:01:27 AM »

This does not surprise me because i said it after the England game,it seems like there is no comradery/unity between those guys,we have always had attitude problems with our players especially the foreign based,playing abroad tends to change them a bit.
         Thing is we only see players get called up,selected and they play but we don't have to deal with the crap that goes on with them,their personal lives/problems the Coach have to deal with,their are things you can deal with as a team but most of the problems that affect a team are individual,some of these guys have no respect for authority you can see it in the way they train/play,i can tell you some of those guys don't want to be out there,what have them going there is because it's their livelihood,look at the difference in the way they play for their club versus country,those Coaches and Clubs get more respect than our own.
          Why you all think guys like Sancho,Birchall,Jack etc etc struggling to get on/play on teams out there,is not because of their ability to play the game,it's all about attitude,the same attitude they have at home(the do,say and play when you want attitude),i know it's easy to blame Jack for the situation our Football in but our players have to take 50% of the blame,our game have lost the passion it used to have,our players don't play with any heart,like they are not committed to any thing more than a pay check.
           We talk about our local/younger players learning from the more experienced ones it's not going to happen these guys are too selfish,it's all about self,i observed certain things when i was back home because i took some time to update myself on what's going on with the Football itself,besides being able to see the England game,i was able to attend Jabloteh practice on St Mary's ground,spoke with Fenwick,Eve,Marvin,Manners etc etc Defence Force practice where i spoke to all the players,Mau Pau practice in the Barracks,i attend a practice game in San Juan between them and Crab Connection,one thing i must mention Ron La didn't have the time to talk to me,these guys are big down there now,i got over to Rangers practice but the Snr team had already finished practicing,all i saw was the Youth teams,there was also some Trials going on in the Savannah for the national U20 still can't understand what was being done,the guys doing it were foreigners i did not try to find out who they were,i also had a long meeting with my friend Dion La Foucade it was over lunch.
           The common trend i'm seeing at home is more about the image and not about the game,it's about the lifestyle,the money,the car etc etc and the game itself is going down the drain,after seeing the England game i was not surprised by the results of the Bermuda game,we underate teams and players too much,no game is ever guaranteed you have to play to win,we does play games like we win already,the bottom line is if our players attitudes don't change don't expect to get any results in the near future.

Coops  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I made similar observations and have alluded to these last time I was home. I agree with your statements.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=19905.0

Cultivating a professional football ethos in TNT: under Wim
« on: August 09, 2006, 05:56:51 PM »

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:19:20 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 08:19:37 AM »
Given the importance of these WC qualifiers, it seems absurd to  attribute a lost to an 'ATTITUDE' problem.  Are the players not all professionals?  Intrinsic motivation ought to be a given anytime you wear the NATIONAL colours: pride,  determination,  defender of our football tradition....all these should factor in a player's approach to a game.

The negative vibes like: selfishness, spite, ought not to be impediments to success. On the other hand, If  a 'fringe' player has  no assurances he would  be playing  past the first round, because there are other overseas players who may be coming in to play, if we get  to the next round,  how motivated would that player be? As a professional should that player not be extra motivated to prove his worth? Should that player not want to  show that he could  perform at a high level?

Sorry I just don't get this 'ATTITUDE' problem at this stage of the game. FRIENDLIES done ; this is for real.

I think it is time that each player take a serious look in the mirror and decided what it means to be represent one's country.  On Sunday  should be about redemption and restoration of  WARRIOR legacy. If last weekend was  the lowest of lows, this Sunday should be  achieving the highest of heights. Let's rise to glory; let's  reflect on those great WARRIORS from the past who  gave so  much for our nation.  Time to reflect time to  stand up for those who are aspiring to achieve.

NO EXCUSES ; let's  get the job done.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:36:51 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 08:44:06 AM »
Coops,
           Welcome back. I am not doubting  that there is not  attitude issues with players(sometime both foreign and local). Big deal. All other countries have the same problem.

But I just don't see how Sancho, Birchal and Jack attitude kept them of the team. After blacklist, they
never get a chance. It has to be something else we don't know.

One of the problem I have with playing some many games against JA, Gre, Vincey etc, is that we do good against them and we get a false sense of security when we play for the WC.

We should have had more tougher games. England game exposed us badly. Pacho should have gotten some games against the SA teams to sharpened up the team. He should have used his rep. to get stronger opponents. That is my beef with Pacho.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 08:54:48 AM »
Coops,
           Welcome back. I am not doubting  that there is not  attitude issues with players(sometime both foreign and local). Big deal. All other countries have the same problem.

But I just don't see how Sancho, Birchal and Jack attitude kept them of the team. After blacklist, they

One of the problem I have with playing some many games against JA, Gre, Vincey etc, is that we do good against them and we get a false sense of security when we play for the WC.

We should have had more tougher games. England game exposed us badly. Pacho should have gotten some games against the SA teams to sharpened up the team. He should have used his rep. to get stronger opponents. That is my beef with Pacho.

Agree with you....however those games should have more than prepared us for Bermuda....more than.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 09:01:14 AM »
you know what? tough for maturana. so your team has an attitude problem- deal with it. aren't you being paid top make 11 players into a team? you must have team building sessions with the players. it's not only about how to kick a ball. what the hell is going on in our practice sessions? remember the phrase" only a poor workman blames his tools" ? that's what's going on here. this man isprobably hearing calls for his head,and now wants to deflect blame to the players. sure the players are to blame for not  playing up to par-but who's to blame for them not playing like a team?
steups and steups.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »
Maybe the real attitude problem lies with Maturana?

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 09:10:19 AM »
correct. >:(

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 09:12:57 AM »
Coops,

I totally agree with you here,my feeling is may be we look at or play everybody the same way and not play each team on their merits or importance of game.
        Sometimes we have to understand is not like Pacho can ask to play against certain teams and get it,he has no control over who we get to play,we all know who calls those shots,i feel may be he would like to play better teams but when your hands are tied you have to go with what's available.  

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 09:15:54 AM »
Maybe the real attitude problem lies with Maturana?
A"J"W
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 09:17:27 AM »
What about Jack Warner attitude towards we players that brought so much of pride to us in Germany?
steupsssss after dem boi dem fight tooth and nail to get we to we first world cup...and to represent us so well in Germany against sides like sweden and england....Jack Blacklist dem because they stand up for dem rights...why shouldn't they ask for they money they more dan deserve it...now we doh have assess to dem?

Jack really eh care bout we football boi...is dem kinda attitude helpin to hold we football back..demmen have de experience..and learnt from the trip to Germany now the National team and trinidad footballlcyah benefit from dat golden experience...Jack and Corneal allyuh is two soucuyant boy
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »
Look nah  :JW and TTFF outside a players realm of control. If yuh get selected and yuh representing TNT, it's all about  the player to  rise to the occasion at that time regardless of  the sphere of influence.

Winning ATTITUDE begins with representing TNT.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 09:38:27 AM »
Look nah  :JW and TTFF outside a players realm of control. If yuh get selected and yuh representing TNT, it's all about  the player to  rise to the occasion at that time regardless of  the sphere of influence.
Winning ATTITUDE begins with representing TNT.
not every body is a Machine that can just accept things and work through difficult situations

Some of the players are human and when they see what is going on, cant help but be affected by the shinanigans going on in the front office.
Just like a "canary in a coal mine", maybe this "attitude problem", which I believe this comment or label comes from Warner as he has been very very quick to label players in the past with terms like Traitor and the like, is the "harbinger of the future."
so I going with he flow
JW Owns TTFF and TnT football, so what he says, goes.
I would like us to beat Bermuda, but i will have to wait an see.
as people keep saying "Just think how good our team would be if JW did not act this way towards players and he put the BEST product on the field."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:45:01 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 10:12:59 AM »
does attitude by itself wins games?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 10:14:19 AM »
does attitude by itself wins games?

Only is Jack can adjust his....!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 10:38:53 AM »
 Attitude is an internal locus of control; players have to either have it or not.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
Jack said we will win on Sunday- so let not your hearts be troubled.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 11:19:50 AM »
The coach should have one big screen ; take all the players and make every player  watch these clips tonight and then come with the right attitude: No man leave the room not even to piss.....

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=36707.msg440444#msg440444

allyuh watch  and watch again and tell meh if yuh eh have the right attitude:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=19394.msg200324#msg200324

More tape tuh watch "

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JX5cToAjsLw&feature=related

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:45:12 AM by AB.Trini »

1]; } ?>