April 27, 2024, 05:59:16 PM

Author Topic: Time to deliver... T&T footballers meet Bermuda in crucial clash.  (Read 2222 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Time to deliver.
..T&T footballers meet Bermuda in crucial clash.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

"The Pressure won’t get to us.” That was the indication coming from the Trinidad and Tobago camp at the Grotto Bay Hotel in Bermuda on Saturday after the “Soca Warriors” completed their final training session before Sunday’s crucial 2010 World Cup qualifier second round encounter against Bermuda at the National Sports Center. Head coach Francisco Maturana and his team got use of the match ground for one hour and used it to fine tune their approach for the match which T&T has to aim for a win by at least two goal margin.

The possibilities based on the home and away rules are that if T&T are to win by a 2-0 margin then they will progress to the semi-final stage. If T&T wins even by a 3-2 margin they will also progress based on scoring more goals away from home. If the score reads 2-1 in favour of T&T after regulation time then there will be thirty minutes of extra time (no golden goal) and penalty kicks if necessary. A 1-0 win for T&T or a draw will see Bermuda advance and T&T out. Maturana remained in good spirits over his team’s capabilities after observing his front men work on their finishing during the latter half of the session.

“I think we are ready for the game. You can see that the preparation has been serious and each players knows what is necessary at this stage. We are very focused at the moment and when the match comes then it becomes time for us to change the result around in our favour. We must not allow Bermuda to play the game at the pace which they like but we must do it in relation to what we have to achieve on the day and there is only one game for us to do this,” Maturana told TTFF Media.

Sunderland midfielder Carlos Edwards said his feeling was obvious among all the players as to what the reaction would be should T&T fail to advance. 

“We would be devastated and it would be a nightmare if we were to get knocked out at this stage. It would be absolutely devastating for myself, the players, the federation and the country especially after all the hard work that has been put in since 2006. Hopefully we can live to fight another day and continue the journey after tomorrow (Sunday), ’Edwards added.

“But at the moment it’s in our hands and it makes no sense dwelling on the past. The guys are upbeat at the moment and everyone is bubbling in anticipation of the game. The vibes is second to none. We need to be ready at least a day before and I think that’s where we are right now. There’s always pressure to deliver but I relish the challenge and I’m looking forward to it.”

T&T will play in white in front of a sold out stadium where some 5,200 fans are expected to be on hand. FIFA Vice President Jack Warner along with TTFF General Secretary Richard Groden, Vice Presidents Rudy Thomas, Lennox Watson and Raymond Tim Kee all stopped by the team camp on Saturday to extend best wishes to the team.

“All I can ask is that you play the game to the best of your ability. Each player knows what he has to do and we remain confident in the ability of the team,” Warner said.

Dating back to 2001, T&T played Bermuda in a friendly at the same venue for Sunday’s match, coming away 5-0 winners with John netting a double and Dwight Yorke also among the scorers. In 2005, T&T won 1-0 and drew 2-2 in two other friendlies. When both teams met in Trinidad in 2005, T&T came out 1-0 and 4-0 winners.

Bermuda, the oldest and most populous remaining British overseas territory with a population of just over 66,000 was buzzing with activity on Saturday morning as hundreds of persons lined up near the Bermudan FA offices to grab the last set tickets on sale. Bermuda has the world's highest acreage of golf courses as a percentage of its total landmass with its two most popular footballers being Shaun Goater and Clyde Best. Now current team captain Omar Shakir said his side was highly motivated to hold off the visitors and improve its popularity as a footballing nation.

"They have put extra pressure on themselves by not giving us any respect before the first leg and then not giving us any credit afterwards," said Shakir.

"They expected to sweep us aside. I believe they did underestimate us, but they won't make the same mistake again, so we are in for a much more difficult game.

"It would be very humbling for them to be beaten by lowly Bermuda given what they think about us at this point. They won't want to go back to Trinidad with their tails between their legs."

The game will be aired live in local radio stations 105FM, Power 102 FM and I95.5FM. Kick off time is 6:30 pm T&T Time/7:30pm Bermudan time.

T&T 18-man squad: Marvin Phillip, Jan Michael Williams, Dennis Lawrence, Makan Hislop, Keyeno Thomas, Michael Edwards, Osei Telesford, Kern Cupid, Aurtis Whitley (captain), Carlos Edwards, Stephan David, Khaleem Hyland, Keon Daniel, Kevon Carter, Jerol Forbes, Jason Scotland, Stern John, Darryl Roberts. Standby – Kareem Smith.

Video: Soca Warriors in Bermuda.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:23:31 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Time to deliver... T&T footballers meet Bermuda in crucial clash
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »
Soca Warriors in Bermuda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Xx6VDugU0

see like eswards vex with kareem smith pass in the 5:20 mark
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:34:12 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »
Time to deliver... T&T footballers meet Bermuda in Crucial Clash
By: Shaun Fuentes, (TTFF).     

" “I think we are ready for the game. You can see that the preparation has been serious and each players knows what is necessary at this stage. We are very focused at the moment and when the match comes then it becomes time for us to change the result around in our favour. We must not allow Bermuda to play the game at the pace which they like but we must do it in relation to what we have to achieve on the day and there is only one game for us to do this,” Maturana told TTFF Media.

Lord have mercy he not even sure  >:(   i hope this a  normal  error  Shaun  does make  >:(
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:41:56 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 06:44:37 PM »
way seeing the greeting for the team in bermuda, really touches you , we should beat bermuda once the players are focused at the job at hand.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 06:52:34 PM »
I wishing dem fellas luck tomorrow.  I just hope that we settle in quickly and play great footbal.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 07:11:19 PM »
Time to deliver... T&T footballers meet Bermuda in Crucial Clash
By: Shaun Fuentes, (TTFF).     

" “I think we are ready for the game. You can see that the preparation has been serious and each players knows what is necessary at this stage. We are very focused at the moment and when the match comes then it becomes time for us to change the result around in our favour. We must not allow Bermuda to play the game at the pace which they like but we must do it in relation to what we have to achieve on the day and there is only one game for us to do this,” Maturana told TTFF Media.

Lord have mercy he not even sure  >:(   i hope this a  normal  error  Shaun  does make  >:(

:devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 07:12:18 PM »
Ah glad d pressure eh gettin 2 dem because when I vex I does b under pressure so u know rite now I tryin not 2 tink evil thoughts ah dat vex.

Firebrand u want Fuentes 2 lie he tink dey ready
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »
Ah glad d pressure eh gettin 2 dem because when I vex I does b under pressure so u know rite now I tryin not 2 tink evil thoughts ah dat vex.

Firebrand u want Fuentes 2 lie he tink dey ready

Yuh mean triniman... right?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Time to deliver... T&T footballers meet Bermuda in crucial clash.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 07:26:15 PM »
Is me or rel men slip in the first drill?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 07:31:03 PM »
Yeah is Trini my badddddddd Fire my baddddddddd
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »
Allyuh stop bad talking de man and be grateful for de report, he does make nuff mistakes but still be appreciative nah. He is ah cool fella, but only when he ready...  :D

Ah man say just dont ask him for team info, he does do like is top secret. .... :rotfl:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:46:44 PM by Flex »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 08:14:22 PM »
Soca Warriors in Bermuda

imagine Scotland or John behave so when he make one of another million bad passes he makes.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »
De only thing dat bothers me on this game is dat Bermuda National team has 8 players playing who plays for othe same  club..  Those guys know what a gwan..
Go TNt GO!!!!!!!!!
War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »
Soca Warriors in Bermuda

Fuentes say "allyuh see whey I flimming from?  BERMUDA dred.  Allyuh want me tuh cuss Jack and give up what... MY travel privileges...Haul allyuh muddas...."

lol

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 09:29:30 PM »
All yuh leave d man he seein d world 4 free

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 12:15:29 AM »
Soca Warriors in Bermuda

How Scotland looking pregnant so  :rotfl: . No wonder he get left out the di squad before he look like he put on some weight in the midsection

1]; } ?>