April 26, 2024, 07:32:09 AM

Author Topic: Kenwyne to undergo surgery.  (Read 4526 times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne to undergo surgery.
« on: June 16, 2008, 09:19:26 AM »
Mail on Sunday
Blow for Sunderland boss Keane as striker Jones faces lengthy spell on the sidelines
By MARTIN HARDY
Last updated at 3:21 PM on 16th June 2008

Kenwyne Jones will undergo surgery on his right knee next week that could rule  him out for the majority of the new season.

As revealed in Sportsmail, the Sunderland forward suffered a serious injury in  his collision with David James in Trinidad and Tobago’s 3-0 defeat to  England at the start of June.

Club medics fear Jones has damaged his cruciate ligament which would rule him out for around nine months.

Unlucky Black Cat: Jones could be out for a long time

Tentative plans have been drawn up for the 23-year-old to be operated on in the middle of next week.

Jones will go under  the surgeon’s knife but if he has damaged his cruciate, then he will be lucky  to play any part in Sunderland’s second season back in the Barclays Premier  League.

Jones' absence for the majority of the season would leave a huge hole in Roy  Keane’s plans.
He scored seven league goals as Sunderland preserved their top-flight status following his £6million move from Southampton.
His form drew  attention from Liverpool, who were warned to forget about making a £10m offer.

Keane labelled Jones an untouchable and will have to redraw his summer transfer  plans if the striker is to miss most of the forthcoming campaign.
He still  intends to move for Diego Forlan but could have to find their funds for a  stop-gap target man.

Sunderland will seek hefty compensation from the Trinidad and Tobago FA for losing such a key figure for such a long time.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1026823/Blow-Sunderland-boss-Keane-striker-Jones-faces-lengthy-spell-sidelines.html?ITO=1490
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:57:03 AM by TakeNoPrisoners »

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne to undergo surgery.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »
Sunderland will seek hefty compensation from the Trinidad and Tobago FA for losing such a key figure for such a long time.

I assume that is the reason you would insure your players!!  I would think Kenwyne would have been insured for this game or else he would have never played. 

Am I incorrect here?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 09:34:10 AM »

I assume that is the reason you would insure your players!!  I would think Kenwyne would have been insured for this game or else he would have never played. 

Am I incorrect here?
Correck, Best of luck to Kenwyne.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:35:48 AM by TakeNoPrisoners »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 09:36:29 AM »
Still no word as to the degree of the injury though. I guess thats what the operation will find out
Hart for president

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 10:20:35 AM »

Brother that is how it is normally done... If the TTFF did not insure him it would not suprize me either....
Remember when Yorke got hurt on national duty and dem men never called to ask how he was doing....

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 10:24:48 AM »
I assume that is the reason you would insure your players!! I would think Kenwyne would have been insured for this game or else he would have never played.

Brother that is how it is normally done... If the TTFF did not insure him it would not suprize me either....
Remember when Yorke got hurt on national duty and dem men never called to ask how he was doing....

True...I also wondering if he woulda get insurance in the first place seeing that he was already carrying an injury when he was selected.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 11:24:04 AM »
Dey could seek but me eh so sure dey go find
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 12:14:16 PM »
You mean to tell me two facking weeks later and they still can't tell exactly what wrong with him?  What de ass they scanning he knee with... ah fax machine??

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »
You mean to tell me two facking weeks later and they still can't tell exactly what wrong with him?  What de ass they scanning he knee with... ah fax machine??
Probably keeping it quiet so that desperation don't send up the price of a replacement.

Meanwhile, somebody on Sunderland message board say Kenwyne himself telling people he out til March.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 01:09:23 PM »
Jones I wish you a speedy recovery.This is a Big blow to our World Cup campaign.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 01:40:26 PM »
Great job by Portsmouth's James to f up we player and potentially sideline him for the next 10mths,hurting both National and club duty, for a in consequential "FETE" match to celebrate 100 yrs of bullshit from TTFF with a team who currently stuggling to differentiate they ass from they elbow

THANK YOU JACK ASSS WARNER

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 01:44:24 PM »
Probably keeping it quiet so that desperation don't send up the price of a replacement.

Meanwhile, somebody on Sunderland message board say Kenwyne himself telling people he out til March.

Absolute nonsense. He will be back alot sooner than people think.  ;)
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »
Great job by Portsmouth's James to f up we player and potentially sideline him for the next 10mths,hurting both National and club duty, for a in consequential "FETE" match to celebrate 100 yrs of bullshit from TTFF with a team who currently stuggling to differentiate they ass from they elbow

People need to get off James case... unless allyuh ready to blame KJ too for not pulling up on ah 50-50 ball in a meaningless friendly.  Is just ah hardluck play, Jame heself could easily have been injured and with the shoe on the other foot nobody here would be blaming KJ for injuring James.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 01:57:47 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bake allyuh real good yes...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 02:28:31 PM »

he should have neva played !!! to begin
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 02:52:04 PM »
So far I have seen everything from 6 weeks to 9 months, somebody is bound to have struck lucky with their guess.  All the speculation is meaningless his injury is what it is and he will be out for however long it takes, all the debate and worrying in the world isn't going to change that.  The worst scenario of them all is that he doesn't have an operation comes back after a couple of months and it goes again, tahts him out till next summer.

It should be the teh TTFA who insures the players for their matches and as such the club should be able to claim against that, otherwise the club can ask teh TTFA to shell out.  As happened with the english FA and Eufa wuth Michael Owen.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 03:08:57 PM »
Jones I wish you a speedy recovery.This is a Big blow to our World Cup campaign.

what World Cup campaign is that?

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 03:19:37 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »

People need to get off James case... unless allyuh ready to blame KJ too for not pulling up on ah 50-50 ball in a meaningless friendly.  Is just ah hardluck play, Jame heself could easily have been injured and with the shoe on the other foot nobody here would be blaming KJ for injuring James.

Damn you voice of reason !! GRRRRRR!
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 03:46:06 PM »
Blow for Sunderland boss Keane as striker Jones faces lengthy spell on the sidelines

Can anybony give me some good news..

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »
Until this news hits the BBC I not taking it on.

Up to now the only news BBC have on Sunderland is that they release 8 players which is about 2 weeks ago.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 07:19:04 PM »

Ok Bake (Last word) N Shark my real focus of attack was the circumstances of that game. Kenwyane's injury is almost a metaphor to the state of affairs of the Team and TTFF "INJURED!"

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwynne
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 03:23:00 AM »
Just back from my holiday and I have found out Kenwynne is probably out till January, I am gutted about this. We are really gonna struggle without him leading the line like he did so well last season.

We already needed to buy one striker but now we need two, we are in for Darren Bent for £16.5m....that's lot of money like!

:'( :'(
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwynne
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 09:01:02 AM »
Just back from my holiday and I have found out Kenwynne is probably out till January, I am gutted about this. We are really gonna struggle without him leading the line like he did so well last season.

We already needed to buy one striker but now we need two, we are in for Darren Bent for £16.5m....that's lot of money like!

:'( :'(

Darren Bent is a decent player but that amount of money is outrageous.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 09:10:26 AM »
Advice to Keano:

1. Buy back Stern John. Yep, you heard me, eat some humble pie and  buy back de man  >:(
2. Bent for 16.5 million eh go be doing anymore than Stern-turn-inho for 1/2 million, trus meh.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2008, 10:22:55 AM »
Still no word as to the degree of the injury though. I guess thats what the operation will find out

Who ever giving we that report, cutting it short with tha lil bit ah info. ::) Once they do an X-ray for broken bones they will also do an MRI to determine damage to his ligaments and or tissue damage. The surgeons know what going in his knee even before they operate...so thee reporters ent coming correct for we, with what really going with we striker. ??? We needed tha man in the front line today boi. Oh gosh…Father help we!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2008, 12:08:07 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 05:57:20 PM »
I wish him a speedy recovery however long he is out for.

On a side note if Sunderland  sue the TTFF questions of its legitimacy as a private organization might arise.

I wonder if the international media is aware that the TTFF is an a private organization?

Does any one know if any other FA's are in the same status?
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »
Some more news on KJ.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports4.html

LONDON – The Sunderland manager Roy Keane is reported to be on the hunt for a top striker to replace his injured T&T international Kenwyne Jones.

Sunderland is reporting that a knee injury Jones suffered in T&T’s recent friendly against England is set to keep the 23-year-old striker out of football until December, and the premier league side needs a short term replacement for the first half of the season.

Various newspaper reports have mentioned Manchester City’s Benjani Mwaruwari and James Beattie, of Sheffield United, as targets.

It has been suggested that Keane is willing to spend five million pounds to land Beattie or Zimbabwe-born Benjani. (CMC)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 10:07:59 PM »
Is d same injury dog had so u know what d prognosis is
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>