April 28, 2024, 08:00:51 PM

Author Topic: What happen to cornell glen?  (Read 5100 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: What happen to cornell glen?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »
How he need financial help?

Ent the man get $1 million for going WC.

Forget the money that is to come from arbitration...ent he was playing with a MLS side.

The man had a bad knee injury, do the surgery and now coming back into form and fitness...it will take time.

Not everything is Warner and blacklist.

Sometimes the breaks in life just do not come your way or you do not do enough to make things happen.

So it go.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 09:09:31 AM »
After looking at Ma Pau at their training session and saw the conditions those players playing under i can understand Cornell's demeanor,after playing on these Pro teams abroad and have to come to a team/Club where players changeing their clothes at the side of the road,can't get a shower after practice etc etc these things still exist at the Pro level,the same thing went on with Rangers,it could be very frustrating for him and plays a part in his attitude. 

thanks for the inside
but what this have to do with a blacklist that some saying is the reason? (not you)
when the going get tough....BLAME SOMEBODY ELSE...and i ent even sure cornell doing that
steupps

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 10:32:07 AM »
You see when i'm talking about certain things can't be implemented in T&T people does want to know why,is true we might have the money but it's our mentality,some how like we are not ready for change,our players that go abroad improve because of the organization that takes place with the clubs they with,all these guys have to do is play Football,down to their personal problems is taken care off,you have no choice but to perform,i think that plays a major part in the way they play for club versus country,it's psychological.

It amazes me how our players go out there and perform with all the problems we have in our Football today,i wonder how much they want to play for T&T or is it just a prestige thing,imagine supporters talking about they under pressure when T&T have a game,could you imagine how those players does be feeling because they have to go out there and make everything look like it's alright,they have to smile,talk nice to people and most of all make sure and get results else they are a bunch of "shythounds",in this game players are the ones that are pressured the most and nobody cares when things are not going right for them.

To often we hear people say why players don't do this or that and don't understand the consequences of such actions,most times players don't have control over their destiny,once there are agents and contracts it's like you are in the military,games are being played all the time with these guys future,can any one tell me why Jabloteh rejected Cornell Glen?this is the club that produce/he made his name with,isn't he still good enough to play for them?

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 10:32:24 AM »
Someone needs to talk with him and tell him all is not lost,what a waste of talent if he's not able to make the squad........sad real sad.  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 10:54:52 AM »
Well if he some lil counselling dat eh difficult 2 organize. Life is hell at times but u have 2 roll wit d punches is dem dark days does make d rainbow brighter.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »
You ever break up with someone and everything they say about you is positive?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 07:36:51 PM »
Didn't Crnell got injured playing? WC.

How good was his rehab. He was with LA and the cut him, unfortunately. They had no patience with Cornell and his injury, but Becks came with an injury(they knew) and after he broke down they relented and rest him.

Well Cornell is no Beckham in terms of name recognition, but I think he would have been a good asset for LA if they were patient(like they did for Becks) and kept him. But say Wha! Only Cornell can resolve his issue. He can sink in self pity or rebuild the spunk we saw at the WC against Sweden.

God Bless you Cornell. We hope to see you recover mentally and physical soon(wether or not Jack call you back)

The other thing is KJ. IF KJ has a prolong layoff due to that injury, I doubt we will see him in TT shirt soon. He may have to sit on the bench and fight back for his place on the team. When WC comes around, Kean will be reluctant to let him go fearing another injury. If that does happen, Kean will get rid of him

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »
Didn't Crnell got injured playing? WC.

How good was his rehab. He was with LA and the cut him, unfortunately. They had no patience with Cornell and his injury, but Becks came with an injury(they knew) and after he broke down they relented and rest him.

Well Cornell is no Beckham in terms of name recognition, but I think he would have been a good asset for LA if they were patient(like they did for Becks) and kept him. But say Wha! Only Cornell can resolve his issue. He can sink in self pity or rebuild the spunk we saw at the WC against Sweden.

God Bless you Cornell. We hope to see you recover mentally and physical soon(wether or not Jack call you back)

The other thing is KJ. IF KJ has a prolong layoff due to that injury, I doubt we will see him in TT shirt soon. He may have to sit on the bench and fight back for his place on the team. When WC comes around, Kean will be reluctant to let him go fearing another injury. If that does happen, Kean will get rid of him
To me, he was spunkier versus England.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 08:33:01 PM »
Allyuh eh easy on here.......diagnosing mental illnesses and ting

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 08:39:31 PM »
Cornell Glenn was the brightest ting we had goin forward in the WC and i will never understand Leo never give he and Latas more play in the tourney.....the man was at top form and coaches have to take full advantage of players when they are in form, esp. strikers...

Now he never get the exposure he shoulda in the WC, so no scouts eh get ah chance to see him good...he get black listed, which is real crap, and in real distress - this could prob have a contribution towards his attitude now. Not condoning it, but the man frustrated and he is human
Still a big fan of season 10, cause i kno what he can do when he in shape and form....jus sad to see how men give so much we football and we football aka jack warner eh want to give nottin back to dem except dis blacklist crap..dem is the men who should be on the field for us cause dem prove dem committment, ability, and desire to take we football somewhere...dem went out there and get the experience, and we football cyah even benifit from the WC expereince cause most ah we experience blacklisted??
WHAT CRAP IS DAT!!!!!!

Fellas i really feel it have something we as a country can do about dis blacklist....if we cant at least lewwe try and show our warriors that we care bout dem, lewwe show dem dat dey country love dem jus like how dem show dey country that dey love us nah dread!!...One  man cyah be allowed to bully we football so..we is ah country ah MEN, not ah country ah JACKS
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 10:23:24 PM »
The story is a woeful one that shows that there are factors beyond our control yet despite it all, ones resiliency and ones capacity to rise above the obstacles are personal triumphs of the human spirit to  achieve .

I know personal setbacks could get a man so frustrated and dejected that  the sense of all hope could wither. But an athlete much so a professional with the right drive , talent and motivation could work himself back to form and prove many people wrong.

If yuh home and you producing  and having the impact in the Pl, I would think that you will attract the attention of  the coaches regardless of the  'Blist'

The woe is me and the pity party has to stop and  a degree has to the inculcated into our local professional athletes.

1]; } ?>