April 25, 2024, 03:08:27 AM

Author Topic: TnT vs Guatemala friendly on June 11th - Chester PA  (Read 2917 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TnT vs Guatemala friendly on June 11th - Chester PA
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2023, 06:12:43 PM »
Congrats Warriors!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2023, 06:27:08 PM »
yeah, I was hoping for Benny to show that he belong, but I think he book his ticket back home. I missed a lot of the game but it didn't look like Kristian Lee-Him should make the cut either. The St Johnstone lad- I dunno if he was paying one of those thankless roles, but he didn't stand out to me either.
I like how Muckette played and of course M.O.M. (again) Auvray is a baller (dribbled down the left and cross setting Gil for the chance which got him tripped for the penalty). I liked what I saw from Ross Russel Jr. Bateau played pretty well.
Marvin Phillip is a heart attack. Was that really Poon Angeron playing #13 or he got injured last minute and somebody took his shirt number?

Now I'm interested in Seeing if Malcolm Shaw can play that big body fwd that we seem to be lacking since Jones. And if with more ballers up front Auvray will calm de fck down sometimes and stop trying to do too much and lay it off.

I taking it as a positive.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2023, 01:13:10 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago beat Guatemala 1-0 ahead of Gold Cup qualifier.
By Stephon Nicholas (T&T Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago beat Guatemala 1-0 on Sunday in a friendly football encounter at Subaru Park, Philadelphia, USA.

An Alvin Jones penalty, in the 52nd minute, proved the difference and leaves national men's coach Angus Eve with much to ponder before he announces his Concacaf Gold Cup squad in a few days. T&T face Guadeloupe on June 16 in the Concacaf Gold Cup qualifying tournament, at DRV PNK Stadium, Ft Lauderdale.

After a goalless first half and a delay owing to a power outage, T&T's offence was ignited with the introduction of substitutes Real Gill and Kaile Auvray.

After some good passing, T&T were awarded a penalty when Gill was fouled in the area as he tried to get on the end of a left-sided cross.

The experienced Jones took the responsibility and sent the goalie the wrong way as he calmly slotted the ball to the keeper's left.

Guatemala pressed for the equaliser but TT's defence held firm, led by an alert Marvin Phillip in goal.

The Central Americans had one last chance in stoppage time when their skipper Gerardo Cordillo's cross from the right found Esteban Garcia, but he blazed his shot over the bar.

(Teams)

Trinidad and Tobago (3-4-2-1): 1.Marvin Phillip (GK) (captain); 4.Sheldon Bateau, 13.Josiah Trimmingham, 17.Justin Garcia; 16.Alvin Jones, 23.Kristian Lee-Him (8.Daniel Phillips 58), 6.Michel Poon-Angeron (11.Real Gill 46 [7.Stephon Marcano 78]), 18.Ross Russell Jr; 10.Duane Muckette (20.Che Benny 69), 3.Jameel Neptune (15. Kaïlé Auvray 46), 9.Kadeeem Corbin (19.Nathaniel James 69).

Unused substitutes: 22.Denzil Smith (GK), 2.Samory Powder, 5.Andre Raymond, 12.Justin Sadoo, 14.Kaihim Thomas.

Coach: Angus Eve

Guatemala: 21.Fredy Perez (GK); 22.Stehvem Robles, 3.Nicolas Samayoa, 20.Gerardo Gordillo (captain), 2.Jose Ardon; 15.Marlon Sequen, 19.Esteban Garcia Velazquez, 23.Jorge Aparicio,10.Antonio Lopez, 6.Carlos Mejia, 14.Dewinder Bradley.

Substitutes: 1.Nicholas Hagan (GK), 12.Ricardo Jerez (GK), 4.Jose Pinto, 5.Pedro Altan, 8.Rodrigo Saravia, 11.Cesar Archila, 13.Alejandro Galindo, 16.Jose Morales, 17.Oscar Castellanos, 24.Jose Franco.

Coach: Luis Tena

WATCH Alvin Jones' Post-Game comments following 1-0 win over Guatemala in June Friendly

« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 01:15:34 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2023, 01:20:11 AM »
Eve: Selection job made difficult after solid performance.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Soca Warriors coach, Angus Eve says his 23-man roster selection for the CONCACAF Gold Cup preliminary round clash against Guadeloupe on Friday at the DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale from 4.30 pm has been made more difficult after his team’s 1-0 win over Guatemala in their friendly on Sunday night.

Utility player Alvin Jones of Tiger Tanks Club Sando, one of the nine locally based players in the starting squad scored from the penalty spot in 53rd minute to secure the win for the Soca Warriors at the Subaru Park in Chester, Pennsylvania,

The goal was only the second in 42 appearances for the 28-year-old Jones, with his other, a thunder-strike that earned T&T a 2-1 win over the USA at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva back in 2017 which ended the Americans Russia 2018 World Cup dreams.

Speaking after the match which extended T&T’s unbeaten run to six matches, Eve said, “I thought it was a solid performance and Marvin (Phillip) really didn’t have any real problems to get any shots on his goal.”

The 51-year-old Eve added, “I thought our guys were very resolute. We played a particular way in the first half to take the crowd out of the game, and then we introduced the youngsters in the second half, and you saw what they brought.

“They brought energy, they brought guile, and they brought a little bit more bravery going forward. They were a bit braver than the senior players and I thought it worked really well.

With regards to his team’s approach in the first half, Eve, T&T most capped players with 117 appearances to his named explained, “We played what we have been working on for the last week with the guys, and then foreign guys who came in we just worked with it for the two days.

“But we played three at the back, two wing backs, and two holding midfielders and three up top.

“ I thought the first-half the guys were a little bit timid except for Muckette (Duane) who was coming for the ball, Corbin was good, and he was showing for the ball.”

“But, in the second half I think the guys were a lot braver and we started to get on the ball and play in the pockets and get the wing backs Ross Russell and Alvin Jones going, and that’s the real threat in the formation.

Concerning the late pressure his team had to absorb from the Guatemalans, Eve replied, “Well, our people think crowd don’t matter, but when the crowd started to gee up their team, you started to see their guys run a little bit more, and I thought that were very resolute at that point in time.

Players made his Gold Cup selection very difficult

“They (Guatemala) still didn’t get any real opportunities on our goal, so credit to our guys, they made my job very difficult with the performance which they put out tonight, because we now have to select a 23-man squad from the guys here, and the guys that we have who wasn’t here, and it's just part of the project going forward, and step by step we want to re-establish ourselves in the Caribbean and as I said, in Concacaf and this is another step in that direction.

Eve also praised the effort of the home-based players on the night saying, “Garcia (Justin) and Trimmingham (Josiah) were monsters at the back with Sheldon Bateau and the two wing backs (Russell Jr and Jones) who are playing their football at home were really good and I think it was a good team performance and it augurs well for the local league.

“Once these guys start to build-up and get the match fitness that they have to get, then we can come here and put them in a formation to allow them to perform and allow to play in a way that suits the style of players that we have.

“You know, its a process and we keep going forward as we still have a lot of guys on the outside who are competing for positions with these guys here also, but with the opportunity they got tonight, think everybody took it with both hands.

The T&T coach said he is expected to name his 23-man roster from the 60-man preliminary roster submitted to CONCACAF by tomorrow (Wednesday, June 14), but already one player (Luke Singh) seems to be out due to an injury he picked up on Friday.

“We will review the guys who played tonight (Sunday) as we saw what they did, and we have been watching the other guys and our systems and monitoring them, and a lot of the guys played yesterday (Saturday), and one of the guys got injured on Friday in his game, but at the end of day we will try to pick the best team that we can possibly pick in our opinion for T&T,” stated Eve.

The winner of Friday’s meeting between T&T and Guadeloupe will face the winner of the Guyana and Grenada clash for a spot in the Group D of the main draw alongside top-seeded Canada, ranked 47th in the world, 116th-ranked Guatemala and Cuba, ranked 165th.

The preliminary round one fixtures between Martinique and St Lucia and Curacao and St Kitts and Nevis will also take place on June 16 at the DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale from 7 pm and 9 pm, respectively.

A day later (June 17), at the same venue, the three remaining first-round preliminary matches will come off with French Guiana against Saint Maarten from 4.30 pm followed by Suriname versus Puerto Rico at 7 pm and two hours later, Guyana up against Grenada.

In the second round of the preliminaries, the winner of the Martinique/St Lucia match and the winner of the Suriname/Puerto Rico clash will square off for a place in Group C alongside the Central American trio of Costa Rica, Panama, and El Salvador while the third and final preliminary round pairings see Curacao and St Kitts and Nevis winners meeting French Guiana and Sint Maarten winner for a place in Group A where the USA, Jamaica, and Nicaragua await. Group B of the main draw will feature Mexico, Haiti, Honduras, Asian Champions, and guest nation, Qatar.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2023, 11:14:05 AM »
Well it seems that we are now in Group A in the Nations League and officially qualified for the Gold Cup

https://www.marca.com/en/football/2023/06/13/6487d95c22601d7f7d8b45b1.html

Nicaragua thrown out of CONCACAF Gold Cup for ineligible player

Nicaragua was thrown out of the CONCACAF Gold Cup on Monday for using an ineligible player in eight matches and was replaced in the tournament by Trinidad and Tobago.

The Confederation of North and Central American and Caribbean Football said the decision was made by its disciplinary committee. It did not identify the ineligible player and said some of the matches included Nations League play.

Trinidad and Tobago will open on June 24 at Fort Lauderdale, Florida, against the winner from qualifying among Curaçao, St. Kitts and Nevis, Guyana and Sint Maarten. The Soca Warriors will play Jamaica four days later at St. Louis and will end Group A against the United States on July 2 at Charlotte, North Carolina.

Antigua and Barbuda will replace Trinidad in qualifying and will play Guadeloupe on Friday at Fort Lauderdale with the winner facing Grenada or French Guiana on Sunday for a berth in Group D of the tournament with Canada, Cuba and Guatemala.

Nicaragua was relegated to Group B of the next CONCACAF Nations League and replaced in Group A by Trinidad.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2023, 02:29:16 PM »
Anybody has the full game?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2023, 02:46:34 PM »
saw highlights Guat appeared to have the better chances all game.......we do at least look more competent in a 3 back, will take it though, on we go
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2023, 03:07:46 PM »
Isn't it strange how Eve keeps talking about the home based players as not good enough,yet we beat Guatemala with a mostly home based team.Watch what Guatemala is doing in the GC,our foreign based players didn't make the difference as he thought.We may as well stick with our boys at home.I see Guat have a big match coming vs the Reggaeboyz,I don't think Guatemala would lose 4-1,I feel it will go to penalties.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2023, 04:36:09 PM »
Frico don't look to much at that game we held on for dear life.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2023, 02:39:21 AM »
Trini_2026,The good thing is them home bred held out for a win. ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2023, 10:24:42 AM »
Compare the Guatemala squad we faced to the one that for example played against Canada
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2023, 12:46:45 PM »
Tallman,I wasn't aware of the make up of the Guat team,i don't even know their best blayers from their fringe players.I just thought that for a mainly home bred TT team,they did well.I have to consider all the traumas our home footballers have had to experience over the last 3 years.BTW i am always respectful of what you guys have to say.

1]; } ?>