April 26, 2024, 04:13:48 PM

Author Topic: Is it possible for Gus Hiddink to coach Trinidad?  (Read 5827 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible for Gus Hiddink to coach Trinidad?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »
wait nuh, men still reasoning dis ting out?

let me guess..

allyuh toying with the remote possibility that should we get our house in order, then good old guus hiddink (who turn down Chelsea, England, Real Madrid and just about any other great team in World Football) will come running to Trinidad for the great challenge of coaching our vast and untapped pool of limitless talent that is the Trinidad and Tobago football team ???

steups.

then again, I forget how I like to play fantasy league yes.  :-\

Well... Suppoosed da is the man specialty Making deams of small teams a reality ?
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 01:59:18 PM »

let me guess..

allyuh toying with the remote possibility that should we get our house in order, then good old guus hiddink (who turn down Chelsea, England, Real Madrid and just about any other great team in World Football) will come running to Trinidad for the great challenge of coaching our vast and untapped pool of limitless talent that is the Trinidad and Tobago football team ???

steups.

i eh toying with the possibility nah. i taking a different slant on the topic.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 02:02:39 PM »

let me guess..

steups.

When this lil country made thee WC… yuh ent feel like it was ah fantasy Brethren.  Then why we can’t geh Gus Hiddink to coach we lil football team? Ah dream is all yuh need to play with!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 02:04:27 PM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 02:31:37 PM »
me eh get ketch wid dis thread, i know the poster was asking ah question. i had de same thoughts when ah see russia play sweden, i wondered whether Gus could ever coach TnT (ah mean whether Jack could get him), and I knew that that was more or less impossible given what de man doing wid Russia right now and wid WC qualifying coming up, but ah wondered about dat for days.

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 02:37:34 PM »
Guys, all yuh can't be serious. A next coach to do what. Pach is good enough. He just have to have  fortitude to tell Jack to call back the blacklisted NOW. Isnt Gus going to Chelsea?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 03:26:09 PM »
Just an observation. Tell me if allyuha agree or not, but despite his tag of creating overachievers, Hiddink never went into a seemingly hopeless situation. His teams eh really no setta small team. Is not like Simoes at Jamaica, or Beenie taking T&T to our first WC. It is hugely impressive to take South Korea to the WC semis, Aussies to WC 2nd round or Russia to Euro semis (and maybe beyond), but he swimming in an entirely different ocean from men like Simoes, Bora, Beenie etc..

South Korea was a regular world cup qualifier who always put in decent performances. Hiddink tighten some screws and also benefitted from strong home support and some of the most biased refereeing I've ever seen in a WC. He also inherited a dam good Australia ask England. But props for getting past uruguay and getting the monkey off their back.

As for Russia...no matter how brilliant Hiddink is..if Arshavin didn't come back I eh too sure anyone would think much of that team. Russia's resurgence in this tourney is more down to the return of the #10 than anything else imo. And Russia has tons of talent and is a sleeping Giant that has shown in the past it should be among Europe's elite. plus now they have Abramovic money.

So doh get me wrong...Hiddink is no joke. But when yuh start talking about taking T&T to a WC, Hiddink hasn't dared to venture into the real tough situations. he's always walked into a situation where the top talent was available, money was no problem and infrastructure was made for success. i think is a different toolset required to take charge of a sleeping giant that need tweaking, than a shambolic story, where nutten organized properly and talent limited

But you have to take into consideration the fact that we play in Concacaf. THE weakest qualifying group in the World Cup.
The fact that it doesn't take too much to qualify out of this region (comparatively) means that he can have a BIG impact.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 03:37:35 PM »
as we dreaming..

well since we can't pay him what other countries can afford, maybe we can offer him Goat Island off Tobago's north coast and 80 virgins as a part of the compensation package..  ::)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 03:40:01 PM »
I feel he could be negotiated down to 10 virgins and ah nice house in bacolet
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 04:53:05 PM »

let me guess..

steups.

When this lil country made thee WC… yuh ent feel like it was ah fantasy Brethren.  Then why we can’t geh Gus Hiddink to coach we lil football team? Ah dream is all yuh need to play with!
A dream is all yuh need to play Lotto maybe..
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 04:58:53 PM »
as we dreaming..

well since we can't pay him what other countries can afford, maybe we can offer him Goat Island off Tobago's north coast and 80 virgins as a part of the compensation package..  ::)

well de Island part ah could understand but yuh importing dem virgins or what? because Trinidad nor Tobago dont have no dam virgins. but then again there is always....

"Yuh see that mountain over there... one of these days I'm gonna climb that mountain"
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 05:34:11 PM »
This guy is the zen master when it comes to taking ordinary teams and making them competitive on the world stage. He did it with South Korea, Australia and now Russia. He has  coaching down to a science. Jack Warner should pull some strings to get this guy to be the coach of Trinidad as soon as his contract end with Russia in 2010.  I am just thinking about the future.

But what de MC is dis boi, yuh want meh send de word out and let meh dawgs come looking fuh yuh ah what  ;D ? Ah joking family, is just some fun here, dat is all it is. Any way seriously doh, ah didn't sign in for a couple days, cuz ah just took some lil peep on de forum and dip. Well ah saw your thread, and jump on it first thing, well ah thought yuh had some info dat Jack talking tuh de man or something, yuh real fack meh up de man  :(. Yuh should ah see meh face how it light up, when ah saw yuh thread. Ah guess dat does happen when yuh have true love fuh yuh country of birth. I should also add, dat I do support your suggestion, dat man is class and he has already proven to the world his knowledge of de game. Ah like de Italian 2 doh, ah think is Capello is his name :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 05:39:09 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>