March 29, 2024, 04:28:58 AM

Author Topic: Today is the most important day in T&T football  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Today is the most important day in T&T football
« on: June 22, 2008, 07:19:43 AM »
I was planning something special for mih 4000th post, but I guess this rant will have to do.

I spend most of the last six months being very quiet, just observing what going on around me, watching how people moving. I notice how blatant the politics in our football come to the fore and how as a group we let it divide us.

Wim get fire. All de men who was convince is he was a shitpot from the start jump up and say hooray. Who de hell he feel he is to go and cuff down we beloved technical director? They glad de grumpy racist wimp gone so we could continue with business as usual under the coconut trees...Months afterwards, the TTFF admit that the "assault" wasn't a physical one. Months after that, one of the self same ones who was leading the charge with the bucket of tar and the bag full of feathers come out bold bold bold and say that is the beloved TD who buss a cuff in Wim ass for being a shitpot... The self same TD we ent hear a word from since the events in question and you does be wondering if he still have a work...

I see frustration build up and overflow with the blacklist issue. Men (and women) make suggestions, other men fight them down. Some say dat sink or float, we stuck with the JackAus federation and the way it run things. Some say that without we sugar daddy crapaud go smoke we pipe. Some say is disrespectful to the young fellas out there to say they're not real Warriors, and we discouraging them before they even kick a ball. Some say Jack is Big Brother and he will retaliate expeditiously on who ever try to stand up to him, fans included. Some just know what side they bread butter on, and some just interested in being entertained. I hear all kinda spin but who too old, too young, too shitty, too injured, too unfit, to confrontational, too foreign (too white) to play for we again, how we building for the future and we cyah keep looking in the past.
Now we ketching we tail to beat Bermuda, and the same men who hiding with they throat in they mouth go come back after we get through and say we was worrying for nothing...

Hunt come out to beat Jackula at his own game - moving like a amateur sometimes cos you cyah play truth or dare with de devil and win, but being brave about it all de same. I see men eating up Warner chain up and blaming the government for not supporting football, for being confrontational, for being on kicks. I see men eating whole anchor and thing and glad that T&T might play its home game overseas because they go see more games. That is de same men who didn't care bout blacklist when they boys was getting sweat, but now ready to criticise team selection...

I hear men with all kinda positive vibes with we new coach. Say how he is a big time coach, ent he take Colombia to the WC in 1994, doh mind Costa Rica run him they country a couple years ago. Man cyah understand why you go hire a man to start from scratch for a 6 month job, when the 6th month is the one where the World Cup jouney is supposed to begin. Man say how we have a problem with him because he black...Man glad he "bleeding" the youths and go make us play a attractive south american brand. We beat up on a couple small side without they stars and men swelling they chest. Simoes feel sorry for us in the office and let us back in the match after we thoroughly outplayed, and we applaud de youths spunk. All dem youths gone back to do they CAPE, or lying bloodless somewhere in the dressing room, now and we attractive South American brand like you swear we learn it in Bolivia first we struggling to play a full 90 minutes of football. All dem players who too old and the ones that Wim play with reluctantly like they lost in the Bermuda triangle, and now our World Cup aspirations threatening to take the same road. Men calling for the head of the puppet that the say being controlled by Alvin and the chipmunk...

But yesterday is yesterday and today is today

Today is the most important day in Trinidad and Tobago football. Not for the result; in fact the result is completely secondary, but it might just determine if we go ahead and "continue to do what we normally does" - fire and hire coaches at the drop of a hat with no consultation, choose teams based on friends, personal advantages, favours and other non sporting criteria, lack long term vision and planning, continuously bend over to pay the one piper in T&T football, support a federation that always intellectually and financially bankrupt, bankrole non transparent buiness practices, refuse to stand up for what is right, or sell we soul for rum and a Rooney.

I have no illusions about what will happen if we don't progress. In a couple of months time, the same waggonists who was at the England match will want to come asking you for ticket when we playing the US, completely oblivious to the fact that we already eliminated. Jack will blame Hunt because we didn't get the biggest support for the first leg, say the government doh like poor black men, and he go pick up he ball(ers) and go wherever he feel he could make more money with it. A lot of teams go be glad to play friendlies with us since we no longer a potential opponent so Jack will make he money all the same and we boys will go back to what they normally do in their clubs, and 3/4 of us will go back to supporting Arsenal, Liverpool, ManUre, Chelsea, Real, Barca, Inter, Milan and whatever else). Maturana go get fire and Anton go get a salary raise, and you won't hear bout Soca Warriors until the next Gold Cup. or later.

But if we do and things continue to be done "as we normally does it" crapaud smoke we pipe. Whether Maturana stay on or not, whether we get we tail blaze from the US guat and cuba  or not, whether Jack make money playing we home games in NY or not, if it continue this way, we dogs dead...Not only will we never see a world cup again, but imo, football will become a third or fourth rate sport in this country. It hard enough to support as it is, but we getting plenty reasons to give it up altogether, and become all waggonists...cause this "T&T football thing" way too stressful and decisive to be healthy. And once the fans gone, that is it.

Today is the day as a fan base, and as a people we need to decide what we want.
Because, if better isn't done, the worse WILL continue. No doubt about that. And if we think losing a match is the worst that can happen, we really ent see nothing yet...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Today is the most important day in T&T football
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 07:33:56 AM »
Nice contribution Midknight.

Just one thing. What do YOU recommend that we do, as I presume you would like, to change things from the predictable disgrace. I get the sense of a "fierce urgency of now".
I eh expecting a full manifesto an' ting eh... just some simple initial 1, 2 steps. 

Big up.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 08:48:15 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 07:39:44 AM »
Nice contribution Midknight.

Just one thing. What do YOU recommend that we do to, as I presume you would like, to change things from the predictable disgrace. I get the sense of a "fierce urgency of now".
I eh expecting a full manifesto an' ting eh... just some simple initial 1, 2 steps. 

Big up.

I too tense right now. My recommendations will be posted shortly though doh frighten. I just hope that I will be writing them with the clarity of relief and not the burning passion of rage
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 07:48:21 AM »

I too tense right now. My recommendations will be posted shortly though doh frighten. I just hope that I will be writing them with the clarity of relief and not the burning passion of rage

Ah tell yuh .... men must understand that the Socawarriors and this stuff mean alot to people for us to get worked up so.

We all saying a prayer for de Warriors.  :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 08:38:58 AM »
very nice post midnight..

one ting you forget in that crystal ball..

you forget where Jack will blame the greedy, blacklisted players for sabotaging Trinidad & Tobago football after the federation get bankrupt and he stifle the life out of Trinidad football with he vindicative and badmind MC...

but yeah.. good post.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 08:54:36 AM »
Stuppes.. Midknight, no offene , but you are a kakahole.. I read this thing andmy Eyes well up with water..

Next time I know how to prepar my self when ever you have a long post....

Cheers bro. :beermug:
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 09:19:22 AM »
Midnight,

I applaud you for taking the time to articulate your views in such fashion. Usually,  I feel compelled to to do the same but it do have those who are adverse to lengthy pontifications. I am not one.

Anyhow, I agree with most  of the points wholeheartedly and I do think that our present football state has hit an all time low. For us to be in this perilous position at this juncture is unthinkable  but very foreseeable. We have been in do-or die before: Witness the Bahrain playoffs, the need to beat Mexico.

Given, the decimation of a core group of experienced players  who represent us on the world stage, and the lack of  organization and structure to build on the 2006 success, we were a ship sailing without a rudder and compass; the steering wheel was gone and the mast blew off. We have been going in different directions all over the ocean never really  settling in on a focused direction that would take us to a prescribed destination.

Today we have a defining moment in our football journey; I am not sure if it is the MOST important day but I would say it is  time that may determine a future course. I am not sure what would change if we were to come away with a decisive victory today. What could it reveal? One , is that that is what  was expected in the first place, therefore  the team of players we have justifies  the past decisions? and if we lose? the decisions about the team's composition and coaching were suspect, then what? Could we expect wholesale changes in the TTFF organization? does a boss fire himself?  Do we have capable  replacements ready to  step up  and accept the positions to charter our football program in anew direction at this time?

The difference for me is that I have witnessed the composition of teams we had in the past and felt that going into a game, we had  fighting' chance against whatever the opposition, with this team I see every encounter we face as  an 'uphill' battle. I don't believe we have our BEST talented players representing us at this time. The rampant  experimentation and changing of players does not make for a cohesive, and comfortable feelings among a team.  If every game, every play is scrutinized, players don't get the opportunity to settle in and to know that opportunities will be there to make amends.If the players know this, the coaches know this, and the fans know this, it is challenging to  instill confidence, and a sense of belief in a team.

So yes today will be an important day; it will be a test of character for many players. No one expected this result against Bermuda. If we were in a playoffs against Brazil and we were in the position as Bermuda is in today, I would say heads would be rolling in Brazil and in  many other power house football nations but in TNT, I don't see the heads cutting off from the bodies we now have in control. I agree, that the day is important but will it be the most important one? time will tell.

My humble opinion
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 06:49:21 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 09:52:10 AM »
Good post. JWFF is a parasite that has latched onto a host and is slowly sucking the life out of it.  Except this eh no tapeworm. This parasite package, market and sell us an entire football team. But the purpose of the national team of Trinidad and Tobago is not to proudly represent T&T, that is marketing nonsense thrown to the fans. The PRIMARY purpose of T&T national team is to create a profitable enterprise for some  top executives of a private business, FIFA, of which JW has been put in charge of generating money in the CONCACAF subsidiary.

JW is a promoter, akin to Don King or Dana White, but with a more complicated job description. The greater the success of the team, the more money the parasite and his cohorts can make. And they doing it under our noses, under the guise of patriotism and trampling all over our national, heroes, the soca warriors. How could the so-called national team of Trinidad and Tobago be selected and run by a private company and still be regarded as a "National" team? Consider this; TTFF is no more a Trinidadian organization than Exxon, Coke or Pepsi.... its just a subsidary of a company headquarted in Zurich. Who TTFF REALY loyal to, us or FIFA? A true national team would be put together by team coaches and players agents reccomending players to  a national pool and the "democratic" selection of a coach fit to to guide the team. Not by a private, foreign enterprise under the guise of having our national interest at heart.

I for one believe that private business is much more efficient than government at running most things, including selection and management of a football team. But private business has to be watched very closely because greed, like it or not is the primary motivating factor in business. Mr. Warner and the TTFF is the Enron of Trinidad and Tobago, except they are beholden to no shareholders and operate with the EXPLICIT blessing of government, doh mind all the gallery by the sports minister, notice he not questioning the legitimacy of the TTTFF; he just want it to be more accountable.

In the end that is all we can hope for, simply accountability. Me, I have little knowledge of footbal and I have no answers for how to do better. But I know one thing, that is we must view things in  a cold, hard, objetive light to penetrate through the layers of ilusions that the FIFA and its Trinidad branch have constructed for us.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 09:56:49 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 09:59:40 AM »
Good post. JWFF is a parasite that has latched onto a host and is slowly sucking the life out of it.  Except this eh no tapeworm. This parasite package, market and sell us an entire football team. But the purpose of the national team of Trinidad and Tobago is not to proudly represent T&T, that is marketing nonsense thrown to the fans. The PRIMARY purpose of T&T national team is to create a profitable enterprise for some  top executives of a private business, FIFA, of which JW has been put in charge of generating money in the CONCACAF subsidiary.

JW is a promoter, akin to Don King or Dana White, but with a more complicated job description. The greater the success of the team, the more money the parasite and his cohorts can make. How could the so-called national team of Trinidad and Tobago be selected and run by a private company and still be regarded as a "National" team? Consider this; TTFF is no more a Trinidadian organization than Exxon, Coke or Pepsi.... its just a subsidary of a company headquarted in Zurich. Who TTFF REALY loyal to, us or FIFA? A true national team would be put together by team coaches and players agents reccomending players to  a national pool and the "democratic" selection of a coach fit to to guide the team. Not by a private, foreign enterprise under the guise of having our national interest at heart.

I for one believe that private business is much more efficient than government at running most things, including selection and management of a football team. But private business has to be watched very closely because greed, like it or not is the primary motivating factor in business. Mr. Warner and the TTFF is the Enron of Trinidad and Tobago, except they are beholden to no shareholders and operate with the EXPLICIT blessing of government, doh mind all the gallery by the sports minister, notice he not questioning the legitimacy of the TTTFF; he just want it to be more accountable.

In the end that is all we can hope for, simply accountability. Me, I have little knowledge of footbal and I have no answers for how to do better. But I know one thing, that is we must view things in  a cold, hard, objetive light to penetrate through the layers of ilusions that the FIFA and its Trinidad branch have constructed for us.

Zandolie yuh on fyah!!!! .... Ah ah ah speechless dread.
Very serious piece of analysis yuh ress dong dey.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 11:17:31 AM »
Midnight I respect your passion, but as I have said several times prior, "in life sometimes things have to get worst before they get better", so as much as I am with you on this - I do welcome what is taking place. I truly believe that if we don't make it any further that it will be the downfall of JW as it relates to T&T football.

I also believe that for T&T to attain the luxury that the USA and Mexico have (almost guaranteed to be CONCACAF's WC reps), we must develop the PFL, and not place too much dependence on foreign based players. I also believe that this is the area of local football that the sports ministry should consentrate on (apart from primary and HS programs).

A number of forumites have argued that our players need to be playing in more competitive leagues , and I agree, but what about making the PFL more competitive by bringing in the top young players from 3rd world nations (Africa etc), along with qualified and experienced foreign TD's (not head coaches). Some will argue that our local pool is so small already why make it smaller by bringing in foreign players, and by foreign players I don't mean 2nd div players from Brazil. I am referring to guys starting on their National teams, players on the verge of European contracts. My suggestion will make our already small pool more competitive and committed - remember you can't teach passion.

In order to achieve this it will cost a total of around $60 million TT per year ($6 million per team - including transfer fees), with the average local receiving around $10,000 TT per month. This will allow a majority of our local stars to stay home thereby giving our national team coach quality, continuous access to our players. The USA and Mexico WC squads are made up primarily of their pro league players. This approach may not guarantee that we will ever go beyond the 1st round of any WC finals, but we will be there almost every four years. I am also convinced that a more competitive PFL will greatly improve attendance, and bring things back to the glory days.

I know some will argue that government should not be subsidizing any pro league, but we have to recognize that our pro league is an industry that at it's peak can employ almost 1000 people (full and part time). This approach can easily remove the power from the TTFF and place it in the hands of the PFL, thereby keeping the TTFF in a monitoring role and not the business that it is. However, I do believe that we will defeat Bermuda today. Share your thoughts.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 02:02:54 PM »
Let this game serve as a warning and a lesson in underestimating your opposition.

Should we by the grace of GOD get through today's  90 min and win,  let us never think we should lay any claim to having any superiority in today's football world. We can be beaten at any time by anyone and should never dick around with experimental formations or give positions of rensponsibility to men who have not proven themselves

The stakes are high both on and off the field and our attitude must be all out war to win every game at any cost. LOOK at TURKEY, RUSSIA as prime examples of fighting spirit and tenacity and never being overwhelmed by the content of their opposition. It is not over until we qualifiy of the World Cup and must never again relax because our opposition may not hold the reputation of our Warriors

If we lose today the COACH, PLAYERS AND TTFF members should be fired
TALK DONE...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 02:05:36 PM »
Zandolie,
that has got to be the BEST analysis of the relationship between JWFF  and "TnT"  ::) Football that I have ever read.
Post of the decade

Go TnT

turn up de Volume
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 03:18:59 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 03:38:57 PM »
Midnight I wonder if dem fellas know what dey put we through this wk
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 06:51:33 PM »

SO where do we go from here? do we simply say all ids forgiven and our psyche is now in tact or do we do a revamp for the next round?

Today we have a defining moment in our football journey; I am not sure if it is the MOST important day but I would say it is  time that may determine a future course. I am not sure what would change if we were to come away with a decisive victory today. What could it reveal? One , is that that is what  was expected in the first place, therefore  the team of players we have justifies  the past decisions? and if we lose? the decisions about the team's composition and coaching were suspect, then what? Could we expect wholesale changes in the TTFF organization? does a boss fire himself?  Do we have capable  replacements ready to  step up  and accept the positions to charter our football program in anew direction at this time?

The difference for me is that I have witnessed the composition of teams we had in the past and felt that going into a game, we had  fighting' chance against whatever the opposition, with this team I see every encounter we face as  an 'uphill' battle. I don't believe we have our BEST talented players representing us at this time. The rampant  experimentation and changing of players does not make for a cohesive, and comfortable feelings among a team.  If every game, every play is scrutinized, players don't get the opportunity to settle in and to know that opportunities will be there to make amends.If the players know this, the coaches know this, and the fans know this, it is challenging to  instill confidence, and a sense of belief in a team.

So yes today will be an important day; it will be a test of character for many players. No one expected this result against Bermuda. If we were in a playoffs against Brazil and we were in the position as Bermuda is in today, I would say heads would be rolling in Brazil and in  many other power house football nations but in TNT, I don't see the heads cutting off from the bodies we now have in control. I agree, that the day is important but will it be the most important one? time will tell.

My humble opinion

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Now what?
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »
Anybody know what's the next step in our prep.  We have what a month and a half.  No speculation please.  Anybody know if we have games lined up?  When are we in camp etc.  Whey the inside people?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Now what?
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 08:44:42 PM »
Start praying!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 08:55:05 PM »
BRING BACK BIRCHALL
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 10:12:18 PM »
U feel dem fellas had a plan pass beatin and goin on 2 d next round of d WCQ our minds are 2 b blown by d games dis yr so we go c.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »

JW is a promoter, akin to Don King or Dana White, but with a more complicated job description. The greater the success of the team, the more money the parasite and his cohorts can make. And they doing it under our noses, under the guise of patriotism and trampling all over our national, heroes, the soca warriors. How could the so-called national team of Trinidad and Tobago be selected and run by a private company and still be regarded as a "National" team? Consider this; TTFF is no more a Trinidadian organization than Exxon, Coke or Pepsi.... its just a subsidary of a company headquarted in Zurich. Who TTFF REALY loyal to, us or FIFA? A true national team would be put together by team coaches and players agents reccomending players to  a national pool and the "democratic" selection of a coach fit to to guide the team. Not by a private, foreign enterprise under the guise of having our national interest at heart.

Post of the year brother.

1]; } ?>