April 15, 2024, 11:41:46 PM

Author Topic: Patriot - Match Report.  (Read 6658 times)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Patriot - Match Report
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 08:07:57 AM »
give thanks for de match report breds.

ah have ah question though (might be de wrong thread for it, but i won't be the first), men calling for Maturana head in other threads, but as ah man (or anybody for that that matter) who see de game, what do you think Maturana did to influence (apart from he 3-5-2 i.e) the team that anybody else couldn't do?

When ah say anybody else ah mean like, leh we say ah local coach, leh we use Brian Williams for e.g. Yuh think if Brian had de same team, he coulda get the same result (at a much lower salary i imagaine)????

Hmmn bout the only thing Icould say is his unwavering faith in YOUNG, gifted but very inexperienced players and his willingness to take RISKS in "throwing them in the deep end"... - Michael Edwards gets 1st cap in a do or die game, JM Williams after being 2nd string for the last few months is apparently the new first choice, Forbes starts in front of T&T's leading scorer, Kern Cupid starting against England and being asked to play in an unfamiliar left-back role. He's NO Beenie tho - I'm STILL not convinced ALL the players buy into his style/strategy, but in fairness to him, he has managed to "limp" us in the Group stage, and must know we have to step up BIG time between now an August 20th!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »
give thanks for de match report breds.

ah have ah question though (might be de wrong thread for it, but i won't be the first), men calling for Maturana head in other threads, but as ah man (or anybody for that that matter) who see de game, what do you think Maturana did to influence (apart from he 3-5-2 i.e) the team that anybody else couldn't do?

When ah say anybody else ah mean like, leh we say ah local coach, leh we use Brian Williams for e.g. Yuh think if Brian had de same team, he coulda get the same result (at a much lower salary i imagaine)????

Hmmn bout the only thing Icould say is his unwavering faith in YOUNG, gifted but very inexperienced players and his willingness to take RISKS in "throwing them in the deep end"... - Michael Edwards gets 1st cap in a do or die game, JM Williams after being 2nd string for the last few months is apparently the new first choice, Forbes starts in front of T&T's leading scorer, Kern Cupid starting against England and being asked to play in an unfamiliar left-back role. He's NO Beenie tho - I'm STILL not convinced ALL the players buy into his style/strategy, but in fairness to him, he has managed to "limp" us in the Group stage, and must know we have to step up BIG time between now an August 20th!!!

Steupes.  You STILL think Maturana SELECTIN far less coachin any Trini team?  ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Patriot - Match Report.
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 08:30:54 AM »
Gally has been head football coach at The University of Trinidad and Tobago for over a year.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 09:02:27 AM »
Gombey/Gombay...not Gumby

But why quibble... thanks for the thorough report  :beermug:

Yuh sure? Just imagine this green guy in a Bermudian warriors outfit.

Anyway good we squeaked through by de skin of we teet on this one, but less than 8 weeks is not a long time to prep for the next round from what I'm hearing.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 10:17:16 AM »
Nice Report Patriot...
1 question, how many cards did Whitely get?

I think Whitley and Hislop both got 1 each...

:)

Give thx Patriot.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:19:45 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 11:01:15 AM »
nice report Patriot...thxs man  :beermug:

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 11:12:27 AM »
Nice Report Patriot...
1 question, how many cards did Whitely get?

I think Whitley and Hislop both got 1 each...

Thanx Flex

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 12:55:50 PM »
Couple things, thanks for pullin thru, what by 'any means necessary'....yuh doh make joke with yuh attendance record, ah feel yuh attend more game than any T&T coach, as non-ah-dem outlastin yuh.

1. Ah suspected yuh woulda pull dah stunt, cause daiz ah ole one, like you an me  ;D
who is dese cricket commentators boy?

And you can here another commentator team in the background.
is that a TnT commentator?
as he get real excited when we scored
can we get that commentator??
the one in the background
yeah boi I tryin to hook he up...ah feel is Patriot storm with a mike in ah cardboard box, ah cyah fine him atall

2. Ah telling yuh SO since dah bar in Conn...now yuh have Alvin goat-mouthin de strategy.
"Stern  7 Expected more from him, having come on as a sub - to me he worked harder last game! Besides his allimportant goal tonight, was guilty of "loafing", but as he always seems to do, scores when it really matters"  and  "up I heard Alvin souting "it's a goal for Trinidad and Tobago, from that man Stern John, on the bench in the first half, what a super-sub he's proven to be!" " 

3. Ah tellin yuh NO since Conn...for the total opposite reasons yuh saying for KD...big an bulky...buh is up to he to change dat, doh ah suspect dat ent happening soon.
"and Collin Samuel should be brought back to the left-wing tho. KD is too thin and nashy for the flanks."

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 02:04:03 PM »
Thanks, Patriot, for a very nice and informitive report.
I have ONE issue with it, though: How DE HELL yuh go call my boy Lawrence ah oversexed, gay rabbit?!?!  "....battey energizer bunny"?!
;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 02:07:32 PM »
CLICK HERE for some photos.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 02:21:15 PM »
Thanks for the report Patriot. Thanks for the pics, Tallman. That place some damn clean and orderly.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »
Nice report :beermug: hard luck scotty i think you shoulda start instead of Forbes

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 03:38:23 PM »
nice,, ah half decent amount reach in troot

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 10:56:26 PM »
U C Y JW want 2 carry d games overseas d crowd look real animated
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2008, 10:23:21 PM »
Couple things, thanks for pullin thru, what by 'any means necessary'....yuh doh make joke with yuh attendance record, ah feel yuh attend more game than any T&T coach, as non-ah-dem outlastin yuh.

1. Ah suspected yuh woulda pull dah stunt, cause daiz ah ole one, like you an me  ;D
who is dese cricket commentators boy?

And you can here another commentator team in the background.
is that a TnT commentator?
as he get real excited when we scored
can we get that commentator??
the one in the background
yeah boi I tryin to hook he up...ah feel is Patriot storm with a mike in ah cardboard box, ah cyah fine him atall

2. Ah telling yuh SO since dah bar in Conn...now yuh have Alvin goat-mouthin de strategy.
"Stern  7 Expected more from him, having come on as a sub - to me he worked harder last game! Besides his allimportant goal tonight, was guilty of "loafing", but as he always seems to do, scores when it really matters"  and  "up I heard Alvin souting "it's a goal for Trinidad and Tobago, from that man Stern John, on the bench in the first half, what a super-sub he's proven to be!" " 

3. Ah tellin yuh NO since Conn...for the total opposite reasons yuh saying for KD...big an bulky...buh is up to he to change dat, doh ah suspect dat ent happening soon.
"and Collin Samuel should be brought back to the left-wing tho. KD is too thin and nashy for the flanks."

Hear nuh, I nearly dead wid laff!!!!   :devil: Why yuh mauvaislange so eh???

1. It was a Styrofoam box..NOT cardboard? Weh yuh feel is a vagrant???  ;D

2. Speaking of AC's comments I have a joke on him and the Stern John sub, buh ah go PM yuh THAT one (yuh know how dey quick to sue fuh libel)  :devil:

3. Well we hadda agree to disagree on this one, because wid CS yuh never know which one will show up - "All speed an no brains" or an Icelandic performance..with KD he good fuh de dead ball situations but nothin defensively. So I'd START wid CS and KD as a 2nd 1/2 half sub.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »
Thanks, Patriot, for a very nice and informitive report.
I have ONE issue with it, though: How DE HELL yuh go call my boy Lawrence ah oversexed, gay rabbit?!?!  "....battey energizer bunny"?!
;D

Oops ah plead ah "Pink Panther" - de Calypsonian "Dey MISPRINT meh" - typo caused by 2 hours of stress and little ress :-[

1]; } ?>