March 28, 2024, 03:59:56 PM

Author Topic: T&T games on TV  (Read 3890 times)

Offline salsero

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T games on TV
« on: June 23, 2008, 11:50:28 AM »
Can anyone tell me why is it that none of T&T's  games are ever on TV. Last week the Reggae boys game was shown, so was  Sv and grenadines, Haiti, Barbados, Puerto Rico, Guatemala. Who controls this, I think there are decent viewing audiences in the UK and North America. Trinis are everywhere. There are other islanders as well  who have some interest. When T&T played England (June 1st), there were some non-trini fans at the Pubs cheering on the soca warriors in Toronto.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T games on TV
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 12:46:37 PM »
JACK WARNER
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »
Another misleading thread.......Like de new members out for we today

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »
Another misleading thread.......Like de new members out for we today

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ah guess so bwoy ah guess so lol
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 06:02:41 PM »
and the idiots in TTFF...whoever doin the HR in there is imps
first the national flag lookin like it malnutrition, the anthem music not being played and we cah see our own side play unless is a big big game

them media houses need to get some blame too

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:17:41 PM »
Nobody included d media thought that d return leg was goin 2 b significant boi were dey wrong dead wrong
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 11:52:49 PM »
when i post this topic a week ago. they take it down. now someone is very concern like me. i wouldn't blame jack warner only. it TV 6 or any local channels in trinidad want it to be air across UK and North America i think it can be done. we de soca warrior need to support it. we need to subscribe online and load it on de soca warrios web site. when us start doing that de site will be more important than b4

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 08:22:32 AM »
I know this may have been asked a thousand times but does anyone have any video or even pics of the game? Seems to be the hardest thing to find.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 08:32:19 AM »
Why are the T&T tv stations so selfish. Don't they know that there is a passionate football audience in T&T. For those T&T football fans who are unable to go to the stadium the stations should at the most have the football matches taped-delay.  

Here in Jamaica TVJ and TVJ Sports Network will be showing all the matches of the 2nd round qualifiers. All the 1st and 2nd legs of every matchup will be shown everyday leading into the first matches of the semi-final round. The Reggae Boyz games will obviously be shown live and all the semi-final games will be taped-delayed also. Depending on the time that other teams will be playing apart from the Reggae Boyz. That match will be shown live on either TVJ or TVJ Sports Network.

Yesterday I watched the El Salvador vs Panama 2nd leg qualifier on TVJ while TVJ Sports Network was showing the 1st leg. TVJ is now showing the first cricket ODI between the West Indies and Austrailia. And since TVJ Sports Network showed the Belize vs Mexico 1st leg this morning the same game will be repeated at 3 pm today. So it means that the Bahamas vs T&T 2nd leg WC qualifier will be shown tomorrow or sometime this week or weekend.  

You see. Even with Jamaica's GDP lower than T&T's. The Jamaica tv media knows the value of what the Jamaican public likes. 8)    
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:35:15 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline salsero

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 08:33:40 AM »
Yesterday on Gol network, there were highlights of every world cup qualifier except for T&T vs Bermuda, what is going on?  

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 08:35:17 AM »
Why are the T&T tv stations so selfish. Don't they know that there is a passionate football audience in T&T. For those T&T football fans who are unable to go to the stadium the stations should at the most have the football matches taped-delay.  

Here in Jamaica TVJ and TVJ Sports Network will be showing all the matches of the 2nd round qualifiers. All the 1st and 2nd legs of every matchup will be shown everyday leading into the first matches of the semi-final round. The Reggae Boyz games will obviously be shown live and all the semi-final games will be taped-delayed also. Depending on the time that other teams will be playing apart from the Reggae Boyz. That match will be shown live on either TVJ or TVJ Sports Network.

Yesterday I watched the El Salvador vs Panama 2nd leg qualifier on TVJ while TVJ Sports Network was showing the 1st leg. .TVJ is showing the first cricket ODI between the West Indies and Austrailia. And since TVJ Sports Network showed the Belize vs Mexico 1st leg this morning the same game will be repeated at 3 pm today. So it means that the Bahamas vs T&T 2nd leg WC qualifier will be shown tomorrow or sometime this week or weekend.  

You see. Even with Jamaica's GDP lower than T&T's. The Jamaica tv media knows the value of what the Jamaican public likes. 8)    

I had this very debate with a colleague of mine at the University.  We surmised that with the rise of real tv and the popularity of crime shows, Jamaica is a logical bet for broadcast.   You get two for one.

Real TV and lots of crime.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 08:37:44 AM »
I had this very debate with a colleague of mine at the University.  We surmised that with the rise of real tv and the popularity of crime shows, Jamaica is a logical bet for broadcast.   You get two for one.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 08:39:25 AM »
T&T media doesn't care. NCC4 doesn't even show replays. U have to be literally glued to the screen or u mite miss a goal.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 08:40:11 AM »
trinidad government thinks to backwards these days. we have de smarts but not de brains.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 08:41:04 AM »
Not sure how exactly how it works but I want to guess that companies (potential advertisers) bid for time slots to place their ads depending on the attractiveness of the planned programming in that slot, and I think that's how TV stations make most of their money (by selling ad space).  When TV stations buy broadcasting rights to a particular program, they are doing so with one eye the return they can get by selling the ad space during that program. Does the TTFF/the local TV stations, (or who so ever is the seller of the rights to broadcast T&T games) position itself well enough to even be competitively bid on? I dunno...... probably not......but what you're probably seeing is at least in part a lack of confidence in the TV stations that they can effectively sell ad space during the broadcasting of a T&T game without the likes of a big name like England attached to the bill as well...... I'm sure there is alot more to it such as long standing relationships & agreements that affect the pure market forces.... but that's my guess.  Not sure what Jack Warner stands to gain by our games not being shown on TV.....Maybe someone can explain that one to me.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 08:41:43 AM »
trinidad government thinks to backwards these days. we have de smarts but not de brains.

So now the Gvernment runs the local media.

Live and learn, thanks for the lessons.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 08:42:17 AM »

Yesterday I watched the El Salvador vs Panama 2nd leg qualifier on TVJ while TVJ Sports Network was showing the 1st leg. .TVJ is showing the first cricket ODI between the West Indies and Austrailia. And since TVJ Sports Network showed the Belize vs Mexico 1st leg this morning the same game will be repeated at 3 pm today. So it means that the Bahamas vs T&T 2nd leg WC qualifier will be shown tomorrow or sometime this week or weekend.  

And exactly which country is free from crime. Be it high or low crime. It does pose a rather ethical dilemma to any nation. Doesn't it? Since it's a life that is being extinguished permanently. ???
jjbrown

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 08:46:32 AM »
Doesn't Jack Warner own said TV rights. I'm 99% sure he does. So we back to square one blame Jack

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 08:50:37 AM »
I could see why he wouldnt show the local games, to increase ticket sales, but I can't see the reasoning behind the away games.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »
i think i need to make some calls to verify if jack is behind de ownership of the TV rights of de football.. it's very hard to believe that. if jack die tomorrow, what will happen to Trinidad Football?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 09:35:04 AM »
what so hard to believe is that everything is all so intrinsically connected and yet still mumfud (Jack Warner) cya seem to figure that yuh dont hot up de spot and expect to make money on de block... allow me to elaborate. De Team have to be doing good for we to go WC and make bigger money but yet still he go dotlist players which could possible see us out de WC contention... (brain dead)..  Next..  De Tv rights for de games are sold but people have to want to buy them.. Jack will alienate everyone to no end and den expect them to buy air time... (dead head).. Next  De  free press yuh does get is as a result of your teams irresistability and appeal. Our squad has neither because we cya muster a Team to properly beat Bermuda, cya find de anthem, cya full a stadium and somebody thief de flag and contrary to what people say about the supporters, Bermuda charge dey people $20.00 and full de stadium but we have to charge $50.00 so that the average football supporter cant make it.. (well he go just storm) (so again rocket scientist business). Now Genius go carry de game to America where he will get some form of a turn out but will pay out de ass for de stadium and still have to provide security and all de other things that he say he paying for so though he income may increase so will his expenditure... broke at a differnt level. Moron...

Jack Warner need TnT soccer more than most people realise.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »
The same reason nobody invests money in the World Cup Team. They fraid it get thief. Since nobody understands how rights are granted and even more than that some years ago someone bought the rights to be told that they didn't really buy the rights but could from who ever Jack designated for more then you would understand why nobody wants to buy World cup rights

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »

Yesterday I watched the El Salvador vs Panama 2nd leg qualifier on TVJ while TVJ Sports Network was showing the 1st leg. TVJ is now showing the first cricket ODI between the West Indies and Austrailia. And since TVJ Sports Network showed the Belize vs Mexico 1st leg this morning the same game will be repeated at 3 pm today. So it means that the Bahamas vs T&T 2nd leg WC qualifier will be shown tomorrow or sometime this week or weekend. 

Or they don't have Jack vulture waiting to profit over it

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 07:42:56 PM »
The problem seems to be that Jack and the TTFF are too greedy.  If they ask too much nobody wants to buy the rights.  Isn't it better to sell low and make a little than to be so greedy that you hold people to ransom and nobody sees the games.  Better to engage the TT fans by giving it free than holding it and nobody sees it.  At least fans get excited. Another example of an arsinine administration.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »
The problem seems to be that Jack and the TTFF are too greedy.  If they ask too much nobody wants to buy the rights.  Isn't it better to sell low and make a little than to be so greedy that you hold people to ransom and nobody sees the games.  Better to engage the TT fans by giving it free than holding it and nobody sees it.  At least fans get excited. Another example of an arsinine administration.

Ah smart man once said...

Eat little and live long..  but then if dem fellas was smart TnT woulda been beating de USA convincingly this year...
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>