April 28, 2024, 08:45:20 PM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors go through to next round.  (Read 12843 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Let's give thanks and praises....
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 07:46:27 PM »
Amen that we were able to clean up the mess from last week.  Father I pray that humility will prevail and that the TTFF will be man enough to call in some much needed reinforcements, cause we could be heading for a big embarassment in the group stages.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Let's give thanks and praises....
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 07:51:35 PM »
Amen that we were able to clean up the mess from last week.  Father I pray that humility will prevail and that the TTFF will be man enough to call in some much needed reinforcements, cause we could be heading for a big embarassment in the group stages.

Exhaust them bredda, only way it will happen, some form of divine intervention
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors go through to next round.
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2008, 07:51:52 PM »
Gombey Warrior...and for all Bermudians who feeling aggrieved.

Yuh coach make a basic school boy error. It just shows how naive your team is.

YOU DO NOT MAKE A SUB WHEN DEFENDING A CORNER OR A FREE KICK.

Also did you player step on the field and the ref said play on? If so he is correct.

Where in the laws of the game does it say you have to wait till a player gets into his formation? Once he steps on the field he is in play.

Doh study it...we get goal in we arse looking to form wall and man touch ball and slap it into goal. We get goal from corner looking to set up men on first and last post as well.

You do not switch off on set pieces and if anything you should have put a player near the ball to delay play.

But these are things you learn with experience.

Next time.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »
Gombey Warrior...and for all Bermudians who feeling aggrieved.

Yuh coach make a basic school boy error. It just shows how naive your team is.

YOU DO NOT MAKE A SUB WHEN DEFENDING A CORNER OR A FREE KICK.

Also did you player step on the field and the ref said play on? If so he is correct.

Where in the laws of the game does it say you have to wait till a player gets into his formation? Once he steps on the field he is in play.

Doh study it...we get goal in we arse looking to form wall and man touch ball and slap it into goal. We get goal from corner looking to set up men on first and last post as well.

You do not switch off on set pieces and if anything you should have put a player near the ball to delay play.

But these are things you learn with experience.

Next time.

USA fedup do we dem shit.. Lawrd
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »
Whey sar you living right next to the stadium...

You reach home so fast, sign up for this forum, and have x ray vision to see warner holding he wallet.

Yuh eh easy atall.

he hadda be close cause he was in de chat room during the game  :rotfl:

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »
ALyuh good yes...

Yuh really think that the XI bermudian players on the field and the coach would not have realised that WHitley get booked twice and have to come off and they would play with 10 men.

You sure that yellow was not from the first leg and FIFA just showing it on the site.

You sure the ref forget to write down whitley name number and time on the back of the card or in he lil notebook in he pocket.

Listen cards are a thing players on the field pay attention to...any advantage Bermuda coulda et they woulda take...especially a 10 man TT team.

I am sure it is an error.

Do we know if cards carry over to each round?

Dont worry bout it....Its the ref at fault if anything...we safe.
I think it might be a mistake on the FIFA site because Soccernet.com shows Whitley with only one yellow card in the 40th minute...I really cyar see ah man getting a second card and not get sent [acking...but then, anything possible oui.
well yes

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »

Kofi Dill battles with Daryl Roberts for the ball. Roberts would beat Dill for Trinidad's first goal. *Photo by James Whittaker.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2008, 08:48:41 PM »
The kit look good.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 08:50:27 PM »

Kofi Dill battles with Daryl Roberts for the ball. Roberts would beat Dill for Trinidad's first goal. *Photo by James Whittaker.

Roberts is BORSE!!!! He will become a great player. Watch.
Dah uniform lookin' real sick from dis view dread
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »
All they need is that stockings like italy had .

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2008, 08:52:56 PM »

Roberts is BORSE!!!! He will become a great player. Watch.
Dah uniform lookin' real sick from dis view dread

Yea we should play in this more often. Another sick picture on the socawarrior home page

Offline hectorj

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 09:31:59 PM »
1. The ref "forgets" to send off Whitley after second yellow.

2. The second T and T goal was during Bermudan substitution.

Yep, no corruption here.  "Does a "Joe Public" cheque work for you, Senor Ref?"  "No problema, Jefe Warner".

T and T... a good team with a better cheat behind the scenes.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »

Yep, no corruption here.  "Does a "Joe Public" cheque work for you, Senor Ref?"  "No problema, Jefe Warner".

Thats totally irrelevant. If the ref allowed play the goal stands. You took the risk of making a sub while defending a setpiece.

And secondly the ref also forgot to send of your player Dill. I think it warrants and investigation. 2 players ?

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »
Trinidad avoid embarrassing exit against Bermuda

HAMILTON, June 22 (Reuters) - Daryl Roberts and Stern John scored to give Trinidad and Tobago to a 2-0 win in Bermuda on Sunday which avoided an embarrassing early exit from the World Cup qualifiers.

Trinidad, attempting to reach their second successive World Cup finals, won the second preliminary round tie 3-2 on aggregate to reach the group stage of the CONCACAF qualifying tournament.

The Soca Warriors, under former Colombian coach Francisco Maturana, had slumped to a 2-1 home defeat against the part- timers in the first leg.

Bermuda coach Kenny Thompson was angry that John’s goal, a 60th minute close-range header, was allowed to stand by Guatemalan referee Carlos Batres.

“We were making a substitution which put us at a disadvantage,” he told reporters.

Midfielder Kwame Steede was still making his way to the touchline to be replaced when the free kick from the left was pumped in.

“To our disbelief the Trinidad player has played the free kick in before our player has even entered the field,” Thompson said. “Further to our disbelief the referee has allowed it. It was the difference between winning and not winning.”

Bermuda scarcely had a shot on goal as Trinidad tore into them from the start.

Roberts chested the ball down and turned to fire in a close-range shot at the near post and put the visitors ahead after 10 minutes.

Heroics from Bermuda keeper Timmy Figureido kept Trinidad at bay before halftime substitute John completed a convincing win.

EMPHATIC WIN

In other matches, the United States won 1-0 in Barbados through a first-half goal from Eddie Lewis to complete an emphatic 9-0 aggregate win.

Haiti and Suriname also went through with away wins, Haiti beating Netherlands Antilles 1-0 after a goalless first leg and Suriname winning 2-1 away to South American neighbours Guyana for a 3-1 aggregate win.

Roberto Linhares scored a hat-trick for Cuba as they trounced Antigua and Barbuda 4-0 to go through 8-3.

El Salvador scored three times in the last 20 minutes to beat Panama 3-1 in San Salvador for a 3-2 aggregate win.

Jose Luis Garces doubled Panama’s aggregate lead and gave them a precious away goal when he scored in the 14th minute.

Striker Eliseo Quintanilla scored twice, the second from a penalty, for El Salvador before Luis Anaya struck the decisive goal in the 87th minute.

Canada, Jamaica, Honduras, Costa Rica, Mexico and Guatemala had already qualified for the group stage.

(Writing by Brian Homewood in Rio de Janeiro; Editing by Ed Osmond)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2008, 09:51:37 PM »
Touches is right, from what I know the ref doesn't have to stop play or wait on a sub on a corner kick.   It was not a free kick as mentioned in the above article... the fact that the Bermudian coach is calling it such is all that more glaring.

As for Whitley and the yellow cards... I could be wrong but I don't believe he picked up an early card, based on the commentary (a Bermudian feed) I was listening to Makan Hislop was the player booked early.

Jah Gol yuh right... that kit looking boss, de black pants is de perfect touch  :beermug:

Offline Amin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2008, 04:53:13 AM »

Yep, no corruption here. "Does a "Joe Public" cheque work for you, Senor Ref?" "No problema, Jefe Warner".

I hate to sound like sour grapes and as I mentioned I am Bermudian and was at the game.  And it was STOLEN.   The yellow card blunder, the goal shot into the net during our substitution (Before the wistle to resume play)  STOLEN! 
The ref needs to be fired......... I can handle a lost BUT I cant handle the smell of a Rat.... 
The Bigger they are, the Harder they fall.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2008, 05:05:00 AM »

Yep, no corruption here. "Does a "Joe Public" cheque work for you, Senor Ref?" "No problema, Jefe Warner".

I hate to sound like sour grapes and as I mentioned I am Bermudian and was at the game.  And it was STOLEN.   The yellow card blunder, the goal shot into the net during our substitution (Before the wistle to resume play)  STOLEN! 
The ref needs to be fired......... I can handle a lost BUT I cant handle the smell of a Rat.... 

Welome to main stream football.

We go through that shit all the time.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2008, 06:19:17 AM »
Welome to main stream football.

We go through that shit all the time.

Ent... ah playing ah FAWKING violin for them  :violin:

i woulda feel it more for them if they did actually attack this game... but it was serious backs and forwards...
Better luck them next time
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2008, 06:37:56 AM »

Oh gosh...ah feeling sorry fuh alyuh. Doh cry ok. We go see alyuh next couple ah years doh worry.   Yuh know we team better than alyuh every day ah thee week. So it ent no behind thee scenes nuttin. Take alyuh licks and cool it! Bye Bye! ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2008, 07:28:03 AM »
Dey scored a blasted goal when our keeper was out cold for a few minutes.Is it legal ? yes is it ethical ? that's another question

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2008, 07:35:59 AM »
They whining bad . :'(

'Bermudians should be proud'

By Josh Ball

Thank you: Bermuda defender Kofi Dill acknowledges the tremendous support shown by the Bermuda fans after the final whistle confirmed the country's elimination from World Cup qualification.

Premier Dr. Ewart Brown consoles coach Kenny Thompson

The crowd at the National Sports Centre went through a wide range of emotions last night.

There was hope, there was fear, there was outrage, there was defiance and anger, there was plenty of anger.

Over-riding all of those however was a sense of pride. Pride in a side that gave everything only to fall foul of the one thing that no-one in football can control, a referee's blunder.

Brave Bermuda fought, scrapped and held their own against Trinidad and Tobago and, if there was any justice in the world, would this morning be nursing hangovers after celebrating the greatest result in the nation's sporting history.

But they aren't. Instead the hangovers will be ones of sorrow, but the pride should still be there because they weren't beaten by Trinidad last night, they were robbed by a referee and a fourth official who got their wires crossed in the most costly way.

The anger spilledemore thanre than as the referee left the pitch to a shower of bottles, cans and peanuts raining down from the stand, but it was only a small minority. The rest of the crowd instead focused on a team who left the field to a standing ovation that was richly deserved.

Premier Dr. Ewart Brown summed up the nation's feelings immediately after the game.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:38:10 AM by Quagmire »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2008, 07:39:19 AM »

If you want to blame someone blame your coach for some stupid tactical errors he made as if he did'nt believe in your team and wanted to preserve what he had.
Also let's wait until the official report comes out to see where the referee err with the yellow cards because from what I heard it was one of your men with 2.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2008, 07:42:37 AM »

fella or lady, please accept my commiserations.

But the fact is your team is very ordinary and was not up to it.

you adopted a defend at all costs approach and as everyone knows,  2-1 LEAD IN FOOTBALL IS THE MOST DANGEROUS!
Your team made no attempt to play football, rather you put 11 men behind the ball and tried in vain to stem the onslaught, it failed and you are done for.

Jack warner is much reviled and on this board, as far as I can see, no one really cares for the creature.

He did not influence any outcome, you lost because you played very naive and had no answer to our attack.

The scoreline flattered to deceive from the first game where we snatched defeat from the mouth of victory.

Bermuda is not ready, hell even T&T at this stage is not ready, in the end the Superior team prevailed and the lesser team is left licking its wounds.

Keep struggling, bask in the greatest victory of Bermudan football.

You can one day tell your grand children that it was during your youth that you witnessed the GREATEST of Bermudan victories ever, the day when Bermuda strolled into Trinidad and defeated the GREATEST Caribbean team ever!

Until then, chill with the accusations and take up beach volley ball

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2008, 07:48:31 AM »

If you want to blame someone blame your coach for some stupid tactical errors he made as if he did'nt believe in your team and wanted to preserve what he had.
Also let's wait until the official report comes out to see where the referee err with the yellow cards because from what I heard it was one of your men with 2.

according to the fifa website, 3 bermudans got yellow cards..ming, dill and shakir and 2 trinis (hislop and whitley) got yellow cards.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2008, 08:06:14 AM »
Ah only watching and listening carefully.......All ah all yuh Band waggonist who want to play all yuh jumping on de train now....yuh better F#$% off, ah matter ah fact, all yuh on de wrong forum, ask Regageboy and dem how to log on to dem chat room.....we doh need all yuh....all who balling is best Trinidad lose and de side is real shit and tra la la tra la la.  Ah watching all yuh.....No odder fan forum does have so much pessimestic people...regardless if de side is shit....Imagine it had men wanted we lost and balling it would ah be better for de team if we lost and all kinda madness.....Yuh feel dem warriors we had out on de field yesterday was studying Jack and he BS...of course not.  Dem fellas play with heart and soul...and das all dat matter.  Play to win!.....All yuh good we..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:07:56 AM by kiffysmooth »

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2008, 08:17:08 AM »
How much warner pay the ref?  It was clear that trini was out of the world cup and the second goal was pure corruption...I saw it for my eyes..

Warner was sitting right on the side of the field, smiling and holding his wallet in his pocket.

You know Bermuda's 2nd goal in the first leg had the same 'corruption' as you call it? So get yuh facts straight b4 u come here talking crap
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2008, 09:13:42 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: Talk about by the skin of the teeth. Boy, I'm sorry for TNT in the next round. If u had to struggle against Bermuda, how will you manage against Cuba?
Smoke and Fly

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2008, 10:07:10 AM »
Very Timely A.B.trini- We should know when to say Thank You and Give Jah the praises.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2008, 10:18:18 AM »
D glass does not always b half full it does b half empty and sayin u side eh good mean dat u eh backin it. Especially when u know dat tings could b betta. All yuh just like dem WI cricket fans when all yuh win 1 game we turn d corner but is a roundabout so what corner we turn.

D team scrape by Bermuda news flash so if all yuh happy 2 b strugglin 2 beat Bermuda and a coach experimentin in a WCQ good 4 all yuh
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 10:21:58 AM »
D glass does not always b half full it does b half empty and sayin u side eh good mean dat u eh backin it. Especially when u know dat tings could b betta. All yuh just like dem WI cricket fans when all yuh win 1 game we turn d corner but is a roundabout so what corner we turn.

D team scrape by Bermuda news flash so if all yuh happy 2 b strugglin 2 beat Bermuda and a coach experimentin in a WCQ good 4 all yuh
  Weary...with all due respect broddah...ah doh understand yuh post...elaborate ah lil more cause it seem ah lil contradictory to me

1]; } ?>