March 28, 2024, 11:00:10 AM

Author Topic: Armed youths robbed Pele  (Read 2174 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Armed youths robbed Pele
« on: June 22, 2008, 04:37:47 PM »
Reports: Armed youths robbed PeleUpdated: June 22, 2008, 4:27 PM EST 36 comments add this RSS blog email print SAO PAULO, Brazil - Local news reports say soccer legend Pele was held at gunpoint by a band of youths and robbed of a gold necklace, his cell phone and a watch.
The incident — which took place on June 13 but only made public now — occurred near the city of Santos in southern Sao Paulo state.

Pele's car was stopped near a slum by at least 10 young men armed with pistols and knives, the respected news magazine Veja reported on its Web site.

The report said Pele was riding on the passenger side of the car and did not report the incident to police.

Repeated calls to Pele's office went unanswered Sunday.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Armed youths robbed Pele
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 04:42:47 PM »
But what de ass is this?? They dont care who they fakking rob these days or what?

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 06:12:06 PM »
i am surprised at this. sometimes in the past when the youths realise who it is they normally let them go (think this happened to ronaldo in the past but i could be wrong).  but these youths like they ent have no respect. 

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 06:20:34 PM »
No Respect what so ever yes

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 06:27:39 PM »
Pele come to trinidad  ???
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 07:27:04 PM »
WHAT PELE COME TO TRINIDAD...HE COULD GET ROBBED THE SAME WAY

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 07:39:10 PM »
Dem yutes in TNT eh know who Pele is d go rob Latas because dey eh go know who he is. I remember when dey did mug Rosa Parks talk bout man was upset
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
if you enjoy face sitting, I have a specail reserved VIP seat for you
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 01:36:21 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7468416.stm

Gang robbed football legend Pele
By Gary Duffy
BBC News, Sao Paulo

ormer Brazilian football star Pele has been robbed by an armed gang while on his way to his seaside home.

As many as 10 people were reported to have been involved in the robbery, but Pele was unhurt in the incident.

He was on his way from the city of Sao Paulo to a house he owns on the coast when the robbery happened at the entrance of a tunnel.

The robbery took place earlier this month, but details have only just emerged.

Police say there is frequent traffic congestion in the area, and that gangs from a nearby favela (shanty town) often take advantage of this to stage robberies.

Robberies common

According to the newspaper Estado de Sao Paulo, Pele's car was surrounded by 10 armed men who took his gold necklace, a mobile phone and a watch.

Pele was in the passenger seat of his car. According to his spokesman, when the gang recognised the former player they gave the driver back some items they had taken from him.

The former Brazilian football star was not so lucky, as the gang then decided to flee on foot with his valuables.

Pele, who is said to have remained calm during the robbery, apparently believed the men were high on drugs.

The local police say they were not informed about the incident.

Robberies of cars stopped at traffic lights or in congestion are not uncommon in Brazil, and many wealthy families have resorted to buying bullet-proof cars as a form of protection.
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
could you explain your title?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
could you explain your title?

ent? ah now click in hopin to see some gyirls  8)

de new fashion is 'sellin' post with fancy subject lines these days or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 03:59:37 PM »
The marginal youths all over the world don't know about their heroes. The same thing might have happen with Bob Marley in Kingston. Lucky Dube got killed by young bandits when went to drop off his kids somewhere in Jo'burg(correct me).

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 05:30:36 PM »
IS it possible that Pele did not report the crime because the culprits have already been taken care of?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 05:33:29 PM »
Your guess is as good as mine.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »
But what de ass is this?? They dont care who they fakking rob these days or what?

You all have to realise back in de days, when I was a lil kid, de people wud think like dat, cuz dey some ah dem will rob yuh yuh tuh eat. De big difference now is dat people robbing tuh get some crack, etc. I does volunteer meh time wid ah group of people helping de Homeless people in Florida, and out of every ten people dat I interviewed and get some in about what caused them to be homeless. Yuh know what, 8 out of 10 people will tell me crack cocaine, etc. Sadly these people doh have no control over what dey do, trust meh, dey don't. A couple people, have gone so far to tell me dat dey pulled aa gun on on of their family (mother,Father, etc) not because dey dislike dey parents or relative, but because de devil inside of dem is telling dem have to get it by all means necessary   :(. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »
Pele...pele who???
dem youths must be too young to know that one

wha pele doin there? lol...man playin politican now and get ruff up! hahahaha
is a hard luck...they musta been Argentines

1]; } ?>