March 18, 2024, 08:09:41 PM

Author Topic: Anton Corneal Thread  (Read 54126 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Anton Corneal Thread
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:06:04 PM »
Anton Corneal post game comments

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cKfDDOhkA9Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cKfDDOhkA9Y</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKfDDOhkA9Y

also Darryl Roberts:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlYIvLK7uLw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XlYIvLK7uLw</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlYIvLK7uLw

and Maturana:
Maturana expressed hopes of even more progress after the win despite admitting that there is room for improvement before T&T continues its qualifying journey.

“It was a very good result to win away from home under the circumstances with which we came into the game,” Maturana told TTFF Media. “But I feel we could have done better. I never like to have to go so close for a result. I think we showed a lot of character and that is good for any team but I hope we can learn from this experience which means that we sometimes end up in situations which we maybe didn’t need to find ourselves in/

“I think Bermuda gave us a good fight but we must be able to kill of teams when the opportunity is there (especially) when they fight you this way. In the end we were the winners but there were some areas for concern and we know what we have to look at closely and what areas we need to work on before the next round starts. But at this stage the most important aspect was to get through this phase and I think everyone is happy about that. Now we must continue the work…” Maturana added.

Maturana would have noticed that of the regulars of  CONCACAF teams, with the exception of Costa Rica, which usually progress to the semi-final and final rounds, only T&T had to go down to the wire to secure its passage to the next round.

“Yes it is there for us to see. You see some of the other teams winning by six and seven goals and it’s good for them but we have to observe our situation and focus on that. When we face those other teams… those are the matches we have to prepare for and to look ahead to.”

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:39:56 AM by Flex »

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
Re: Anton Corneal post game comments
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 07:27:18 PM »
Fuentes is a reporter/journalist?   If this is the official channel of the TTFF, then it is abysmal to say the least.

Corneal at least sounds professional and educated; if this is going to be the official channel, shouldn't Fuentes make a greater effort to sound like English is his first language?

Examples that irked me when listening to his "interview."

What are your tortsafter todays game?

wha yuh have to say about dat?

we still showed we had the sort of metal to take us through to the next rung.

and we switch to de tree five two

and wha yuh have to say about dat?

ahrite

all the deeeeeeee's

leading questions etc.

He is not objective, poor grammar, and pronunciation.

My God!  It is all very tiring for someone like me.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 07:42:30 PM »
Fuentes is a reporter/journalist?   If this is the official channel of the TTFF, then it is abysmal to say the least.

Corneal at least sounds professional and educated; if this is going to be the official channel, shouldn't Fuentes make a greater effort to sound like English is his first language?

ahrite

all the deeeeeeee's

leading questions etc.

lemme ask yuh someting..ah guess he didn't say enuff "ahm,, ahem, and wot"
if ah Spaniard conductin and interview in English and does not pronuce his word like an Englishman from Parliament ? - cause it have some Englishman I cyah understand fuh nuthen -  does that make the Spanish man, unprofessional and un-educated ? If he want to talk Trini for ah trini audience , well it's alright for me, buh wha I know, I does live here an speak a litle bit ah Franglais, and the most important thing people appreciate is the message behind the communication, and not the means...yet some things are more important to some ppl than others, some harp on the delivery, and some harp on the message, and stil others does to this day, still want to shoot the messenger...so it go.. el cid

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 07:54:40 PM »
What kills me is that he cannot ask a simple question without spending half the time making long statements.  Then ends it with, "Wha you tink about dat?"  Steuuuupppssss!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 08:03:23 PM »

ahrite

all the deeeeeeee's

leading questions etc.

lemme ask yuh someting..ah guess he didn't say enuff "ahm,, ahem, and wot"
if ah Spaniard conductin and interview in English and does not pronuce his word like an Englishman from Parliament ? - cause it have some Englishman I cyah understand fuh nuthen -  does that make the Spanish man, unprofessional and un-educated ? If he want to talk Trini for ah trini audience , well it's alright for me, buh wha I know, I does live here an speak a litle bit ah Franglais, and the most important thing people appreciate is the message behind the communication, and not the means...yet some things are more important to some ppl than others, some harp on the delivery, and some harp on the message, and stil others does to this day, still want to shoot the messenger...so it go.. el cid

Fella, my point has nothing to do with his trini audience.

It has everything to do with professionalism.  The posts on youtube are NOT just for trini eyes and ears.  It is promoted as the OFFICIAL CHANNEL of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation!

Now if you cannot see that his language is poor and not suitable for such an official station, then you are an ass.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 08:07:19 PM »
what really IRKED me is dat ah TORT he woulda ask de man bout de men on de blacklist, it was all very TIRING for me dat he didn't.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 08:14:57 PM »
what really IRKED me is dat ah TORT he woulda ask de man bout de men on de blacklist, it was all very TIRING for me dat he didn't.

That is fodder for another thread.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 08:38:33 PM »
It take the mighty Bermudans for us to find out that we cannot play a 3-5-2, brilliant coaching staff we have.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 09:00:47 PM »
 :rotfl: Allyuh leave Fuentes alone he already getting pressure working for jack.  The man have like 10 jobs. thats enough pressure to make ends meet

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 09:20:36 PM »
The interviewer asking and answering the questions himself.  While the coach just listening. ;D  Then when the interviewer tired talk he ask the coach a completely different question.  He need to prep more before he ask man questions.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 11:25:02 PM »
Lol allyuh men evil yes  :rotfl:

Look allyuh know Fuentes is my favorite pothound but cut him some slack man... de man boss give him wuk and title, he ent grow into it yet.

Leave de kicking dog ting tuh me, god go make allyuh foot fall orf.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 11:26:30 PM »
Wait... de first video say we beat Bermuda 2-1

Fuentes Fido went tuh de wrong game or what?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:30:59 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 11:59:43 PM »
de sports media in tnt needs help. we need allyuh to help de man out. If u from UK and North America, we need a team of media experience to manage de interviews and highlights of games. we need to check out some web site like ussoccer.com

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 12:17:52 AM »

Yea I saw that too.  I bet Warner was behind him breathing hard and Shaun get nervous and distracted. :rotfl:  You know Jack have monitor everything let out.  He should of seen that score too

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 12:35:28 AM »

Yea I saw that too.  I bet Warner was behind him breathing hard and Shaun get nervous and distracted. :rotfl:  You know Jack have monitor everything let out.  He should of seen that score too

Jack tell Fido "go"...Fido take off.

Half an hour later Fido come back and say "go where?"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 03:09:28 AM »

Jack tell Fido "go"...Fido take off.

Half an hour later Fido come back and say "go where?"

End of the month he get pay, he travel everywhere the team goes , write ah article or make ah interview once ah week... hmmmm ah wonder how much men would not like that wuk
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 04:22:52 AM »
all ah allya only jealous of the man wuk :beermug:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 06:13:44 AM »

Now if you cannot see that his language is poor and not suitable for such an official station, then you are an ass.

Boy you good yes...Just so you call the man a "donkey"... :rotfl: :rotfl:

What gauge do you use to measure professionalism? Are you ashamed of the way the man conducted his interview in his own dialect? I pity a man who conform just to please society... Loose your mind to the western world and forget where, and the struggle it took for the body and soul to fully gain an identity.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 07:01:12 AM »
I find Fuentes talk good, dont see a big problem with it.

As fo Corneal, he might talk good, but he does NOT have the technical and tactical part down pack.... he have a lot of work to do..

And Maturana should not follow, he needs to take charge, this is why Corneal recommended him in the first place, so they can control the coach.

The Corneals are big trouble. But they might be the the only men to stop Jack in the future.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 07:34:32 AM »
all ah allya only jealous of the man wuk :beermug:
  :D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »

It has everything to do with professionalism.  The posts on youtube are NOT just for trini eyes and ears.  It is promoted as the OFFICIAL CHANNEL of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation!

yuh absolutely correct, ah cyah SEE his language- poor and not suitable - for youtube (which ah cyah yet see as an official station) so ah muss be an ass for real, an ah blind ass at dat. Well the amount ah official things I now findin on youtube is amazing. Education, awareness and realization is ah hell of ah ting...thanks for bringing meh up to speed bout dat, eh.
Meh son once hosted "the official" Flim (or film) site of this city on that official channel once....an all d time ah tort(sp) is was damn funny and entertaining, he doing what he was doing with his downtime, didn't realize it was serious ting, yes..(whole world seeing it nah)

Here is annuder official football video to ponder from that site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URVuVebn2jA
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:01:18 AM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 11:35:07 AM »

yuh absolutely correct, ah cyah SEE his language- poor and not suitable - for youtube (which ah cyah yet see as an official station) so ah muss be an ass for real, an ah blind ass at dat. Well the amount ah official things I now findin on youtube is amazing. Education, awareness and realization is ah hell of ah ting...thanks for bringing meh up to speed bout dat, eh.
Meh son once hosted "the official" Flim (or film) site of this city on that official channel once....an all d time ah tort(sp) is was damn funny and entertaining, he doing what he was doing with his downtime, didn't realize it was serious ting, yes..(whole world seeing it nah)

Here is annuder official football video to ponder from that site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URVuVebn2jA

I not going to address de name-calling thing, but allyuh missing de man point.  Fuentes likes to pass himself off as a journalist, and the first thing you usually find out about him is that he's the TTFF's "Press Officer".  A Press Officer (as I see it) is the face of that organization when it comes to liaising with the media... he's the Public Relations person, and is assumed to be a professional at what he does. This isn't some socawarriors fan that posting random clippings about the team...he's the only legitimate and official source of info from the TTFF.

By the jokey standards of TnT this may pass as professionalism but it comes across as rather amateurish.  Now in his defense he doesn't pass himself off on Youtube as the official voice of the TTFF... not like his handle is "TTFF Press Officer"...he's more casual and anonymous...so I guess that would have to mitigate in his defense.  All the same, judging by his writing... he speaks in these videos just as he writes... rambling, disjointed, full of colloquialism...

I don't know anything about his education and I won't speculate, but his writing is very unpolished for a journalist, and is more indicative of someone with some O'Level passes who started "working fuh de papers" from early. 

I won't knock de fella too much, we're all given opportunities and it's up to us to make the most of them.  I think he's punching above his weight by proffering himself as a 'journalist' or "press officer"...but in the kicksy world of Trini journalism this apparently passes muster.  He does appear to at least be trying.... and I think the videos are more something that was his idea, a voluntary effort on his part to give the fans a behind the scenes look etc.  I mightn' like that he sell de soul to de football devil for a few creature comforts...but say what, I cyah tell de man what to do.  I'll just continue to be critical of how he do it.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 04:18:26 PM »
for me, yuh summation is well done, and clearly expressed. (ah seriously think writing is yuh forte) even if you may not be a professional journalist, though you should definately consider it at some point...
I myself view the youtube ting of Fuentes as a hobby of some sort, and not part of his professional assignment, and to be honest, I like it...should he do it ? yes, if it please him..that's what youtube is about "broadcast yourself", would he get another wuk through it, I don't think so...unless. a employer appreciates the initiative...ah know a pilot (same Sunderland madman neigbour) who cyah make paper planes to save he life, but he say it relaxes him, and keeps tryiing, doh mean he should stop flying dem Jumbo...I personally find many T&T journalist lacking in expertise, but uneductaed and unprofessional, whoa...I really don't like how people who not giving we nothing, no news, no effort, does be quick to jump down the throat of those that do, to the point of it turns those same reporters completly off, leaving us, the ppl who anxious for the news in total darkness...a few years ago, we almost lost the valued 'Touches report' for the same selfish opinions....It'ss one thing to suggest and inform an individual who trying something, wheter it's weak or not, but to lambast and insult is another...Very few  public services, especially those that are voluntarily done, operate at the highest professional level, but many still appreciate, and encourage, even encoraged by, the little that is done...from the sorely lacking TTFF across to the Highly Esteemed Ministry of  Sport, cause other than ah Patriot an few others, very few volunterr of their own time in any no-personal gain venture....

So write ah lil regular article for WN nah. I for one will appreciate it, even if yuh do it your way, even if yuh would never please everybody..go brave man

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 04:24:51 PM »
Actually, if any of you takes the time, you will see that it is promoted as the official station of the TTFF.

It is right there for all to peruse.

I didn't just pull that ut my rancid ass, Fuentes put it up as such.

So before you come jumping on my putrid ass to de MAx...G  check de fax and dem and yuh go see dat me eh make up nutten.

I know that if I decided to write like you think, and Fuentes speaks you will absolutely love it.

Not going to happen though, I am not into special education at this time.

Ponder on this while you get the opportunity, and you will see why I made my critical analysis!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TnTSocaWarriors

Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors

Want to Subscribe?
Sign in to YouTube now!
Sign in with your Google Account! 
See related Channels

TnTSocaWarriors
Style: Reviews
Last Sign In: 6 hours ago
Videos Watched: 313
Subscribers: 59
Channel Views: 4,961

Official channel of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation
Name: Shaun

Report profile image violation
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:29:41 PM by assrancid »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 06:05:17 PM »
Guy it's youtube..an I take no pleasure in jumpin on nobody ass, especially yours..buh if yuh want to play dem fantasies, an believe dem ting, is free, buh I go stay orf an out..If for you and all educated ppl  read tha as the Official site of TTFF and Shaun is Unprofessional and la de da, well dat is to bad for shaun, land some of you, like you said, doh look and listen to dat shit..thanks to Eman for posting it for chupid ppl like me, and anybody else who can appreciate this total unprofessional, and uneducated BS ..excuse meh eh..me not care to fight ...sorry boss

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »
Guy it's youtube..an I take no pleasure in jumpin on nobody ass, especially yours..buh if yuh want to play dem fantasies, an believe dem ting, is free, buh I go stay orf an out..If for you and all educated ppl  read tha as the Official site of TTFF and Shaun is Unprofessional and la de da, well dat is to bad for shaun, land some of you, like you said, doh look and listen to dat shit..thanks to Eman for posting it for chupid ppl like me, and anybody else who can appreciate this total unprofessional, and uneducated BS ..excuse meh eh..me not care to fight ...sorry boss

You are obviously looking for shit.  While the info is suitable for the general T&T public, Shaun should not declare it as an Official Channel of the TTFF and then proceed to use colloquial speech.

That is not professional.

Fella you are an ass I initially surmised.  You like a lot of trinis accept mediocrity and then complain when things go wrong in your mediocre lives.

Get a grip!  So what if it is Youtube?  It is being used a means to disseminate information from the TTFF.  Unless Shaun is a damn liar!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 06:26:15 PM »
Access ... access ... and more access ...

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 06:33:12 PM »

You are obviously looking for shit.  While the info is suitable for the general T&T public, Shaun should not declare it as an Official Channel of the TTFF and then proceed to use colloquial speech.

Fella you are an ass I initially surmised.  You like a lot of trinis accept mediocrity and then complain when things go wrong in your mediocre lives.

Get a grip!  So what if it is Youtube?  It is being used a means to disseminate information from the TTFF.  Unless Shaun is a damn liar!

I find both a alyuh cud take your surmises, mediocrities, improper grammatical errors and unprofessional interview, and d isms, scisms and what ever else and f$%& off... Cyah believe 2 big ass grown men quarelling bout dis for almost 4 hours now, I leave alyuh arguin since 4pm, went and buss a shit, eat some corn flakes, watch TV6 and come back and alyuh still arguing..... Geeeeseeee boyyyy...
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »

I find both a alyuh cud take your surmises, mediocrities, improper grammatical errors and unprofessional interview, and d isms, scisms and what ever else and f$%& off... Cyah believe 2 big ass grown men quarelling bout dis for almost 4 hours now, I leave alyuh arguin since 4pm, went and buss a shit, eat some corn flakes, watch TV6 and come back and alyuh still arguing..... Geeeeseeee boyyyy...

You took an exceedingly long shit..and I know why, it is obvious that you are full of shit.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 06:46:08 PM »

You took an exceedingly long shit..and I know why, it is obvious that you are full of shit.
[/b]

Oooohhhh good one, we have jokes boy... whey u get dat one from yuh 5 year old cousin.... Yuh really pick the best name to describe yuh, it fit like a glove....
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

1]; } ?>