April 27, 2024, 05:25:36 AM

Author Topic: Jesse Williams Thread  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jesse Williams Thread
« on: January 18, 2022, 01:17:57 PM »
Pittsburgh Riverhounds signs defender Jesse Williams
By Riverhounds Staff

Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC has signed two more players for the upcoming season, forward William Eyang and defender Jesse Williams. Both players are signed to one-year contracts with a team option for the 2023 season, pending USL and U.S. Soccer Federation approval.

Williams, 20, is a young defensive player hailing from Trinidad and Tobago who most recently was with the Coleraine FC U-20s in Northern Ireland.

Last summer, Williams made his senior international debut less than a month after his 20th birthday, playing 90 minutes at right back in a 2-0 World Cup Qualifying win over St. Kitts and Nevis. He made two more appearances for the Soca Warriors at last summer’s CONCACAF Gold Cup, where he played alongside his new Hounds teammates, Jelani Peters and Mekeil Williams.

“Jesse is a young player with a high ceiling who we want to develop here in Pittsburgh,” Lilley said. “He can play as an outside back or defensive midfielder and brings strong ball-winning qualities to our group.”

Jesse Williams currently is back in camp with the T&T National Team — alongside Mekeil Williams — as they prepare for the team’s next match, a friendly against Bolivia this Friday in Sucre, Bolivia.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jesse Williams Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 03:18:20 PM »
Where GG3??   :thinking: :-X
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 12:14:52 PM »
Pittsburgh Riverhounds defender Jesse Williams identified as one of the 10 Young Players to Watch during in the 2022 USL Championship Season.

The lone newcomer to the USL Championship this season in the list, Jesse Williams appears to have the characteristics that could make him a solid addition to the Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC back line this year. The 20-year-old arrives in the Steel City having already made four appearances for the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Team, including a pair of appearances against Mexico and Guatemala at the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup last summer. Williams will have good company to learn from, including Soca Warriors teammates Mekeil Williams and Jelani Peters, and the opportunity to compete and learn from one of the Championship’s top coaches in Bob Lilley should be a major plus to his development. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 08:28:51 PM »
Defender Jesse Williams has signed with USL League Two club, Des Moines Menace. The deal is subject to league and federation approval.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 04:09:55 PM »
Central Valley Fuego FC signs Trinidadian defender Jesse Williams
fuegofc.com

Central Valley Fuego FC is thrilled to announce the signing of promising 22-year-old defender, Jesse Williams, pending league and federation approval. From Trinidad and Tobago, Jesse brings a wealth of talent and potential to the team, and we are excited to welcome him to the Central Valley.

Previously, Jesse showcased his skills in the USL Championship, representing Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC. During his time with the club, he made impactful appearances in 7 matches, including a memorable US Open Cup match. His dedication and determination on the field have garnered attention and admiration from fans and fellow players alike.

Central Valley Fuego FC’s head coach, Adam Smith, expressed enthusiasm about Jesse’s addition to the squad, stating, “Jesse’s versatility as a defender combined with his passion for the game makes him an excellent asset for Central Valley Fuego FC. We believe he has tremendous potential and will play a key role in our team’s success moving forward.”

Jesse Williams expressed his excitement about joining Central Valley Fuego FC, saying, “Firstly, I want to thank God, my family, friends, coaches and my agency that have played a huge part in me getting here. I am really thankful for this opportunity and ready to get to work.”

As we eagerly await the final league and federation approval, Central Valley Fuego FC is confident that Jesse Williams will soon become an integral part of the team, further bolstering the roster’s strength. We believe his addition will enhance the defensive line and bring valuable experience to the squad.

Stay tuned for updates as we prepare to unleash Jesse Williams’ talent on the field. The entire Central Valley community is eagerly anticipating his debut, and we know he will make a significant impact on and off the pitch.

About Central Valley Fuego FC:

Central Valley Fuego FC is the region’s only professional soccer club in USL League One. The club kicked off its inaugural professional season in April of 2022 and is now playing all 2023 season home matches at Fresno State Soccer Stadium. To learn more, visit www.fuegofc.com.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 05:09:37 PM »
I was hopin an MLS team picked him up
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 06:30:38 PM »
At least he is landing on his feet. Could have been worse. Focus on the "impactful appearances in 7 matches". Dahis signaling 'not exactly riveting'.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2023, 10:23:34 PM »
Chattanooga FC signs Trinidad and Tobago international Jesse Williams
Chattanooga FC Communications

Chattanooga Football Club (CFC) today announced it has signed Trinidad and Tobago international Jesse Williams on a two-year contract, pending federation and league approval.

Williams recently appeared for his country in the Concacaf Nations League quarter-finals against the United States men’s national team.

He made his international debut on June 8th 2021 in a 2-0 win over St Kitts and Nevis. The next month he started for Trinidad and Tobago in a goalless draw against Mexico in the group stage of the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup.

A versatile defender who can also play in defensive midfield, Williams most recently played his club football for Central Valley Fuego in USL League One. He also has previous playing experience with Pittsburgh Riverhounds, making seven appearances in the USL Championship.

The 22-year-old is the first new player signing of the MLS NEXT Pro era for Chattanooga Football Club.

“We watched Jesse and immediately noticed he could cover multiple positions, fitting into our fluidity of play, and also adding athleticism, defensive ability and willingness to join the attack,” said Chattanooga Football Club Head Coach and Sporting Director Rod Underwood.

Williams also expressed his excitement on joining the club for its first ever season in MLS NEXT Pro.

“I would like to thank God for this opportunity,” said Williams. “I would also like to extend my thanks to the coaches for seeing my potential and granting me a chance to add value to this team. There are not many words that I can use to depict the way that I feel about this opportunity, but I do know that I’m going to make the absolute best of it and help the team to continue to create history.

Williams is familiar with the 15-year history of the club and the support from fans.

“Honestly I feel really grateful and excited to be able to build relationships with the fans because the fans play a huge role in supporting and building confidence,” added Williams. “Developing those relationships are very important for the betterment of the team so that we can all grow together.”

1]; } ?>