Should coach Hart quit T&T?

No
8 (36.4%)
Yes
3 (13.6%)
Stay Under Circumstance
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Stephen Hart Thread  (Read 70897 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Hart Thread
« Reply #780 on: November 21, 2019, 11:54:28 PM »
Make lil room for Contro dey . . . . . . . ;D

Allyuh know is now we going Worle Cup
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 22, 2019, 12:57:47 AM »
Please hart stay away. IMO itís never good to look back and like in the proverbial words of the Rastas forward ever backward never. time for a fresh start and what better than a fair minded respectable no nonsense white man from europe ala benhakker or a hispanic from south america particularly argentina or uraguay.

these boys needs new ideas and a new situation to stimulate and inspire the players , and I believe a south american would understand the concacaf culture better than even us in concacaf and would implement a style better suited to deal with the central americans and the mexicans.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 22, 2019, 05:15:55 AM »
Please hart stay away. IMO itís never good to look back and like in the proverbial words of the Rastas forward ever backward never. time for a fresh start and what better than a fair minded respectable no nonsense white man from europe ala benhakker or a hispanic from south america particularly argentina or uraguay.

these boys needs new ideas and a new situation to stimulate and inspire the players , and I believe a south american would understand the concacaf culture better than even us in concacaf and would implement a style better suited to deal with the central americans and the mexicans.
You want some football or the mother of all court cases. I think at this point without any major future tournaments in any senior program, we can only buy local and cheap local. A primary school league coach, Holy Name convent coach and 2nd runner up in SSFl coach. Yuh canít drink double black with sweedrink money. The way things going, Fifa might say carryon, and WASA lock off the water at we Home of football.( the cash well)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 22, 2019, 08:05:37 AM »

You want some football or the mother of all court cases. I think at this point without any major future tournaments in any senior program, we can only buy local and cheap local. A primary school league coach, Holy Name convent coach and 2nd runner up in SSFl coach. Yuh canít drink double black with sweedrink money. The way things going, Fifa might say carryon, and WASA lock off the water at we Home of football.( the cash well)
Give Eve a chance and allow him to start over, there are players including stones boo boy dat should be phased out and maybe reduce the average age of d team....a new start and hopefully less repetitive bitching
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 08:10:33 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 22, 2019, 08:11:59 AM »

thanks for saying what you said you have spoken like a typical trinidadian, no ideas no solutions no collective bargaining and nothing that spells progressive and forward thinking, and this is typically indicative of all the trinis who held power in every spare of this nation. they came in to our lives with nothing but an inflated ego and a hungry belly and by the time they left things were worst off than they found it.

MG. did you even follow this thing closely where lok loy and hartford was banging on DJW for his lack of transparency and at one point brought a vote of no confidence urging him to resign? lok loy then locked horns with dennis lawrence calling for his resignation claiming that he wasnít the right man for the job based on a string of poor performances, and i want to believe it was even before the gold cup where lawrence still had my support, causing dennis to threaten lok loy with a pre action protocol if an apology was not in order.

my good friend, timkee hartford and lok loy is not going to sit back and allow any old goat to coach our team going forward, even if they have to take out a loan to make it happen, and i think you could take that to the bank and cash it. they probably already have a coach picked out and waiting to hit the ground running in case they beat DJW come sunday. these are businessmen you talking bout mate, not some power hungry autocratic federation president with a head strong country boy come to town inflated ego and void of ideas.

I will say no more on the subject so you can have your say, iíll just wait for the next few weeks GW to sought things out on its own. me thinks interesting times are on its way.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 08:19:06 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 22, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »

Give Eve a chance and allow him to start over, there are players including stones boo boy dat should be phased out and maybe reduce the average age of d team....a new start and hopefully less repetitive bitching
dont know anything about angus eve and his ability to coach. Iím aware that he had a few stints as a head coach in the national set up with the under 23 and other age groups that went no where. at this stage if i had the power to choose i personally would stay clear of coaches who have achieved nothing in their careers, we all saw where that got us (dennis, bertile, corneal, hart, gally, etc) compared to the one coach who won the champions league don leo who got us to the world cup on short notice and on his first try, and thatís just what we need.

as it stands our only hope of seeing the next gold cup is to gird up our loins get into battle mode and fight like mad dogs for one of the four spots left, we had the easy route and we blew it, now we have to fight up with teams like haiti and guatemala and we need a good general leading the lines, not another OJT local coach who has won nothing but a few SSFL titles. maybe iím wrong about angus and he might possibly be exactly what the doctor ordered, but i wouldnít chance it not after what weíve been through with dennis the menace.

angus eve could be one for the future but he needs to start small and grow in stature. i say give him some more time in the oven to cook properly, but as of right now we need a battle tested decorated general, not a well trained lieutenant.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 08:54:34 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 22, 2019, 08:28:07 AM »
Yuh say DJW is a HEAD strong country boy come to town? Right on de $$$. Thing is he would say he would ah never reach town but for his obstinacy and insistence - both attributes the "young residue" (see Jack's disquisition) shares with a certain publisher from Moruga.

He loves to push a town vs country HEAD, ah we vs dem HEAD, ah elite versus underclass HEAD, ah "dem in de way" HEAD with ah "leave meh alone allyuh ...allyuh trust meh ah know wha ah doing" HEAD, ah "in de fullness of time" HEAD, ah "I is ah smartman, allyuh is fools" HEAD,  and ah Messianic "I was destined to run this organization" head ...

This last one I acknowledge in part because he was destined to run the TTFA >>> into the ground.

Dahis real HEAD and no real progress.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 08:57:04 AM by asylumseeker »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9F87XxXegnY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9F87XxXegnY</a>
Wicked tunes.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 22, 2019, 09:57:23 AM »

dont know anything about angus eve and his ability to coach. Iím aware that he had a few stints as a head coach in the national set up with the under 23 and other age groups that went no where. at this stage if i had the power to choose i personally would stay clear of coaches who have achieved nothing in their careers, we all saw where that got us (dennis, bertile, corneal, hart, gally, etc) compared to the one coach who won the champions league don leo who got us to the world cup on short notice and on his first try, and thatís just what we need.

as it stands our only hope of seeing the next gold cup is to gird up our loins get into battle mode and fight like mad dogs for one of the four spots left, we had the easy route and we blew it, now we have to fight up with teams like haiti and guatemala and we need a good general leading the lines, not another OJT local coach who has won nothing but a few SSFL titles. maybe iím wrong about angus and he might possibly be exactly what the doctor ordered, but i wouldnít chance it not after what weíve been through with dennis the menace.

angus eve could be one for the future but he needs to start small and grow in stature. i say give him some more time in the oven to cook properly, but as of right now we need a battle tested decorated general, not a well trained lieutenant.

dude u was wondering aloud about d original flat track bully himself Jamal in Eve brief stints his teams were  at least competitive in Concacaf, Jamal has never been competitive at concacaf, Eve won a few SSFL titles yes and I believe dat the quality of SSFL is way over hyped, but to go undefeated for two seasons in row has to count for something, levels notwithstanding and guess what many of the characteristics that dog trini football at all levels seem to be addressed in some form - Defending from the front, attacking from the back, unit play, speed, defenders dat actually look like they can defend, competence with the ball from back to front, we so called elite U15s ticked none of these boxes in their recent games.......sometimes yuh hadda apply context to situations when yuh have an idea and contextually Eve makes sense, if not d Seniors let him have d U20s to bring forward through d age groups as a longer term project. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:05:24 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 22, 2019, 11:14:03 AM »

dude u was wondering aloud about d original flat track bully himself Jamal in Eve brief stints his teams were  at least competitive in Concacaf, Jamal has never been competitive at concacaf, Eve won a few SSFL titles yes and I believe dat the quality of SSFL is way over hyped, but to go undefeated for two seasons in row has to count for something, levels notwithstanding and guess what many of the characteristics that dog trini football at all levels seem to be addressed in some form - Defending from the front, attacking from the back, unit play, speed, defenders dat actually look like they can defend, competence with the ball from back to front, we so called elite U15s ticked none of these boxes in their recent games.......sometimes yuh hadda apply context to situations when yuh have an idea and contextually Eve makes sense, if not d Seniors let him have d U20s to bring forward through d age groups as a longer term project.
i remember angus about 8 yrs ago coaching an under 23 team that got demolished by mexico with the same defenders we have today whoís making the same dotish mistakes they made when they were amateurs (cyrus, bateau, williams), the appropriate question would be, what has angus eve done to fix his situation from eight yrs ago.

I remember Kerry baptiste being top scorer two years in a row for joe public and trent noel winning player of the year twice in succession when there was an outcry by the local fraternity concerning Kerry being ignored for foreign based players, they pressured the coach so much that he left the job and latapy came in and brought with him kerry and trent noel, Kerry scored only one goal in his many appearances and trent didnít score a single goal.

a few years later the same thing happened this time it was willis plazaís turn and how he was being ignored by the german coach in spite of his tremendous goal tally, he was here to save the national team and heís being over looked for kenwin the boo boy. then Hudson Charles came in and right away put plaza on the team, not only did the lad under perform but he probably had maybe two competitive goals to his name, i think one was vs anguilla on a water logged pitch.

then again another savior arose to rescue trinidad and tobago senior team, this time it was Nathan lewis of jabloteh. the jablo coach cuss steven hart, dereck king and babba charles stink accusing them of bias against their starlet who was scoring goals like he found them on the side of the road, eventually hart relented and brought lewis on the team and itís been 4 years now and heís yet to sore in a competitive match.

you see this is the problem i have with TT football, we put the cart before the horse in that regard and delude ourselves into thinking that our standard of football is somehow just as good as anywhere else. I remember as a boy growing up playing in the savannah hearing the older fellers saying that we play a brazilian style of football in trinidad, poor me iím a lad not knowing shite about football nor whatís taking place in the world of football so i ran with it.

then the world cup in argentina came up and I was left wondering why we werenít there, being just as good as brazil we should be there, and it was only when I went to england that I learned that we were a rubbish team and couldnít even beat costa rica, but listening to those men i would swear that we were tops in the world, and still, that mentality still pervade our society today. the truth is that weíre no where closer to a class team, and ask me why? because we donít have the infrastructure nor did we put in the work necessary to even make us a regional contender, let alone world class.

I said all this to say....dereck king won two league titles back to back and he was touted as the up and coming starlet coach but given the chance to coach the national menís senior team and he was left wanting, Jamal shabbaz won several titles with calidonia AIA and was hailed as the next don leo but got his tail handed to him by chivas, saprissa and Houston dynamo. the truth is and would always be that our little domestic play leagues is not a good enough gauge to measure success. we need to step out of this realm to accurately assess our success,

and until angus leaves these shores and test his knowledge against formidable opponents in the real world to see how his skill set matches up, i wonít take a chance on him just yet because from here on in every game we play is essential,  and we need to win them all if we are ever to see any competitive games in the next two years. what we need is another Leo benhakker and nothing else would do as of right now, and it would be irresponsible to take another chance on an unproven coach especially seeing that the huge mess weíre in ATM.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 11:50:43 AM by pull stones »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 22, 2019, 12:22:40 PM »

i remember angus about 8 yrs ago coaching an under 23 team that got demolished by mexico with the same defenders we have today whoís making the same dotish mistakes they made when they were amateurs (cyrus, bateau, williams), the appropriate question would be, what has angus eve done to fix his situation from eight yrs ago.

I remember Kerry baptiste being top scorer two years in a row for joe public and trent noel winning player of the year twice in succession when there was an outcry by the local fraternity concerning Kerry being ignored for foreign based players, they pressured the coach so much that he left the job and latapy came in and brought with him kerry and trent noel, Kerry scored only one goal in his many appearances and trent didnít score a single goal.

a few years later the same thing happened this time it was willis plazaís turn and how he was being ignored by the german coach in spite of his tremendous goal tally, he was here to save the national team and heís being over looked for kenwin the boo boy. then Hudson Charles came in and right away put plaza on the team, not only did the lad under perform but he probably had maybe two competitive goals to his name, i think one was vs anguilla on a water logged pitch.

then again another savior arose to rescue trinidad and tobago senior team, this time it was Nathan lewis of jabloteh. the jablo coach cuss steven hart, dereck king and babba charles stink accusing them of bias against their starlet who was scoring goals like he found them on the side of the road, eventually hart relented and brought lewis on the team and itís been 4 years now and heís yet to sore in a competitive match.

you see this is the problem i have with TT football, we put the cart before the horse in that regard and delude ourselves into thinking that our standard of football is somehow just as good as anywhere else. I remember as a boy growing up playing in the savannah hearing the older fellers saying that we play a brazilian style of football in trinidad, poor me iím a lad not knowing shite about football nor whatís taking place in the world of football so i ran with it.

then the world cup in argentina came up and I was left wondering why we werenít there, being just as good as brazil we should be there, and it was only when I went to england that I learned that we were a rubbish team and couldnít even beat costa rica, but listening to those men i would swear that we were tops in the world, and still, that mentality still pervade our society today. the truth is that weíre no where closer to a class team, and ask me why? because we donít have the infrastructure nor did we put in the work necessary to even make us a regional contender, let alone world class.

I said all this to say....dereck king won two league titles back to back and he was touted as the up and coming starlet coach but given the chance to coach the national menís senior team and he was left wanting, Jamal shabbaz won several titles with calidonia AIA and was hailed as the next don leo but got his tail handed to him by chivas, saprissa and Houston dynamo. the truth is and would always be that our little domestic play leagues is not a good enough gauge to measure success. we need to step out of this realm to accurately assess our success,

and until angus leaves these shores and test his knowledge against formidable opponents in the real world to see how his skill set matches up, i wonít take a chance on him just yet because from here on in every game we play is essential,  and we need to win them all if we are ever to see any competitive games in the next two years. what we need is another Leo benhakker and nothing else would do as of right now, and it would be irresponsible to take another chance on an unproven coach especially seeing that the huge mess weíre in ATM.

I will say it again his SSFL record should count for something, undefeated 2 seasons running, organized solid team building, again SSFL quality is overblown, but given our predicament and a firm belief that should the admin change we should wipe the slate and build from the bottom up, we gave a EUFA license holder with supposed exposure to European at that a high level that apparently learned nutten a chance, if we can only afford local, lets go with one that has ok win record, Shabazz got chance after chance Corneal and the list goes on and on. nobody is sayin d man is ah world beater he just have enough evidence out there to be deserving of an opportunity and no I don't consider him to be OJT at the point lacking International pedigree yeah definately but not OJT
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 22, 2019, 07:25:07 PM »

I will say it again his SSFL record should count for something, undefeated 2 seasons running, organized solid team building, again SSFL quality is overblown, but given our predicament and a firm belief that should the admin change we should wipe the slate and build from the bottom up, we gave a EUFA license holder with supposed exposure to European at that a high level that apparently learned nutten a chance, if we can only afford local, lets go with one that has ok win record, Shabazz got chance after chance Corneal and the list goes on and on. nobody is sayin d man is ah world beater he just have enough evidence out there to be deserving of an opportunity and no I don't consider him to be OJT at the point lacking International pedigree yeah definately but not OJT
Iím not against giving angus the job but let him start with the under 20 and see if the results remain the same, no more fly by night decisions unless itís a top coach like roberto de mateo, criss houton or miguel herrera. as i said thereís no time waste from here on in we have to win every single game, thatís the gift that dennis left us with, the creep couldnít even beat martinique or draw with honduras at home.